Fort Grey

Thaddeus set his pen down to rest at last and sighed, raking his fingers through his hair. He had, in the end, composed several letters, the longest of which was the explanation of Alfarinn and Simon's involvement, though that was certainly not the most draining for him to write.

He set the longest of the letters, stuffed in a thick envelope, on the counter of the bar. The others he placed neatly between the pages of the text he had brought from the Manor. Book in hand, he walked back to the bedroom and carefully opened the door.

Alfarinn continued to sleep soundly, a vision of marble skin and flowing hair spread over the blankets. It was more than a little tempting to climb back into bed and simply run his hands over that sculpted body, or attempt to kiss the Evenhet back into the waking world, but Thaddeus refrained, instead moving to the chest of drawers and placing the book in the top drawer. He had managed to find the passage he was searching for during a break from writing letters, and it had unfortunately proved as uninformative as he had remembered. He took one last lingering look at Alfarinn before exiting the bedroom, knowing if he stayed temptation would overrule his good sense.

Instead, he returned to the living room. His keyboard was now displayed prominently against one wall, though he did not think it wise to play right now; surely the depth Alfarinn's sleep had its limits, after all. Still, he ran his bare fingers over the keys, not firmly enough to make a sound, simply taking in their texture before approaching the long, narrow wooden box on the floor.

Inside the box was his sword, and Thaddeus smiled as he gripped it, remembering its weight. He did not often touch even this with his bare hand, concerned he would lose the senses tied to it, but today it was comforting to feel the hands of his father in the only way he could. Underneath the feel of those hands Thaddeus could sense other things, some of them dark, but his father he felt most of all as he stood. He shifted his weight, moved his shoulders, his wrists, his feet, his body remembering each action, his mind reveling in the sense of immediacy and presence the feel of a sword brought him.

He was startled out of his reverie by a knock on the door, and he hastily put the sword away. He checked the peephole and observed the uniformed man waiting outside, then realized he really ought to put on a shirt before answering the door and accepting the delivery. Somehow Alfarinn's more laid back attitudes about such things had rubbed off on him, he supposed. He scurried back to the bedroom and grabbed the first shirt he saw, throwing it over his head as he returned to the door to answer the now insistent knocking.

It was, of course, Alfarinn's shirt. And it was far too big for him. Thaddeus found he did not much mind, and answered the door with an uncharacteristic grin for the stranger. The smile faded sharply when the stylus was placed in his hands to sign the electronic signature tablet, but he bit his lip, concentrated on getting his name signed, and even managed to place it back where it belonged instead of dropping it. Then the package was placed in his hand and the delivery person was gone. Thaddeus closed the door quickly and looked down at the package doubtfully. Inside was his new laptop. He felt rather like a young man who had just had an infant thrust in his arms; wary and mystified and oddly pleased.

He walked to the third bedroom, intent on ripping open the package and carefully examining this new device.

Alfarinn 18 years ago
Alfarinn woke slowly and smiled faintly as the realization of where he was came to him. It was still a strange feeling to wake up and not see glass and modern furniture but it made him warm inside as sleep gradually faded and his companion's presence could be clearly felt. A simple touch of the sheets brought Thaddeus's image to mind, curled up peacefully next to him. His comforting scent lingered near him despite the blonde already having left the bed.

Which made him wonder just what his companion was up to. It was then that he noticed a tapping on the window and the loud voice of Natt in his head. Ah.. not much could wake him but a crow's call inside his brain seemed to do the trick. Alfarinn stood and stretched making his way to the bird on the sill. Sliding open the glass, he took a small object from Natt and held out his hand to be used as a perch.

[Thank you again, my friend.] Alfarinn wandered to the dresser where he had placed the things that normally went into his pockets and fetched the package of seeds. Pouring some into his hand, he gently stroked the bird's feathers with the back of one finger as he watched him eat.

[Shall we see what Thaddeus is up to tonight?] Natt ignored him and continued to peck at the last of his meal. Alfarinn could hear the call of another crow in the distance and smiled. [ Why didn't you say you had company?] He mentally wished his friend well and let him back out into the night.

He wondered briefly whether he should put on some clothes but he sensed no other feelings but Thaddeus in house. Excitement, interest... Just what -was- the Anantya doing? Moving quietly down the hall, he came upon his companion with a good sized package in the spare bedroom. The laptop.. that explains the slight unease, Alfarinn inwardly chuckled to himself as he watched Thaddeus pull out the strange new device.

Leaning against the side of the open door, he grinned, noting with a smile that Thaddeus looked quite charming in his shirt.

"Is it Christmas already?"
Thaddeus Grey 18 years ago
Thaddeus pulled his rapt attention away from the laptop at the sound of Alfarinn's voice and looked over at the Evenhet.

He blinked in quiet surprised, though he reflected that he really ought not be so shocked, and really he was being a little ridiculous considering the man had, after all, slept in his bed last night.

He raised an eyebrow and smirked, though his voice was quiet and held none of the arrogance of his expression.

Apparently so.

Thaddeus reminded himself that Alfarinn had only just woken up and would likely not appreciate the rather forward advance that came to his mind.

A less base part of his mind simply looked on in interest and curiosity. Alfarinn's body was still somewhat new to him in spite of their intimacy. He wondered what it would be like to regard the Evenhet this way in a month, in a year, in ten, as familiarity replaced this newness. Thaddeus found that the idea pleased him, both in process and in ends. Even thinking objectively, his all too helpful mind was reminding him of places he had yet to kiss, and that he could look at Alfarinn for an age and never tire of it.

He realized after a moment that he was rather openly staring, and looked back at the laptop. It was, after all, somewhat unfair in his mind for him to be able to look at Alfarinn while he himself was fully dressed. His mind obligingly suggested a simple remedy to that problem, but he shushed the thought.

I trust you slept well? I did not intend to disturb you...

He recalled that the thought of ways to...disturb...Alfarinn had occurred to him not half an hour earlier, but argued that that was entirely different. Still looking resolutely at the laptop, he managed a smile.

I think I will name her Mirabelle.
Alfarinn 18 years ago
Alfarinn watched Thaddeus as he took in his state of undress. Getting looked at like that was a good reason to walk around naked and he made a mental note to continue the habit.

Hearing his companion's remark evoked a pleased grin and if he were a little younger he might have had the grace to blush. Alfarinn walked into the room and placed his arms around Thaddeus, enjoying the feel of the blonde pressed up against him. Sighing in contentment, he said.

"I slept quite well, Thank you. There seemed to be something missing when I woke up though. I came in here to see if I could find it and it seems I have."

Alfarinn looked down at the laptop and grinned.

"Mirabelle is a good name."

He felt the weight of the object in his hand and felt a shiver of nervous anticipation run up his spine.

"Thaddeus, Do you have some time to spare for me or would you like to work on this first?" Alfarinn would understand if his companion had important things to do at the moment because quite frankly there was plenty still to be done. He could wait if he had to though he wasn't sure how much use he'd be.
Thaddeus felt momentarily guilty for not being with Alfarinn when he woke up; it was a comfort he had only recently discovered for himself, and it seemed wrong to deprive the other man of the same contentment he felt on waking. The Evenhet did not seem annoyed, though, if the cool bare skin pressed against his back was anything to go by. The laptop temporarily forgotten, Thaddeus leaned into the offered touch. He wondered vaguely if Alfarinn had picked up the significance of his choice of names, though he imagined the other man had understood well enough.

When the other man's voice took a more serious tone, however, he turned enough to look him in the eyes without breaking the embrace. While there were certainly more than a few things to accomplish at the moment, with Alfarinn helping they would be done all the more quickly; Thaddeus was more than able to spare some time for the Evenhet. In any case there were few instances when he was with Alfarinn that the other man did not have his attention. He tilted his head to one side, regarding his companion inquiringly, though he did not voice a question out loud. He had in all honesty thought his answer would be obvious; they were, after all, in this together.

My time is yours.
Alfarinn 18 years ago
Alfarinn smiled and kissed Thaddeus gently before taking him by the hand and leading him to the bedroom. Turning back around to his companion, he inhaled deeply and got straight to the point before his courage failed him and he tried to find something else for them to do instead, which is this particular room could be quite the pleasant distraction.

"I have been giving something a great deal of thought and have been warring with it in my mind." He brushed the stray locks of hair back over his shoulder in an absent gesture and realized that his state of undress might actually cause him to appear less than serious in the matter,however, Alfarinn didn't want to take the time to stop and pull on clothes. This was not how he imagined doing these things and Thaddeus deserved better, something more thought out, well planned, more...romantic, than his lover standing here naked stammering awkwardly.

"I don't want you to think that I've rushed this decision or that it means any less to me because of the situation. That is not true at all. I want to do this for every right reason I can think of." A part of his brain was telling him that he'd yet to say just what 'this' was but Alfarinn wanted to make it clear that he had thought it through before simply just coming out and saying it. Though he feared he was being very unclear and no doubt his companion was quite confused.

"You spoke the other night of my own built in cavalry. It -is- that perhaps, but it is more than that. Bonding is a connection that I really cannot explain, it is something completing and fulfilling...and it is something I would very much like to share with you."

He hurried on before Thaddeus had a chance to object, wanting to get out the rest, wanting to make himself understood. "This is not so that I can keep track of you or simply because of the danger we are facing." Alfarinn sighed and squeezed the hand in his gently. " It might help in those cases but if anything being fearful of what might happen, I should save myself the anguish and not do this, only I'd regret that I never shared it with you. I don't want to regret and I don't want to lose you but that is not my main reasons for asking this."

Alfarinn looked earnestly into the grey eyes in front of him, searching for answers, wondering if he'd be rejected but not wanting to stop long enough to find out, there was more to say.

"It is for life that I ask, for the life I want to have with you, when I thought of you going to the manor alone I was worried, yes, but I also realized that absence of it, that we had two separate homes and two separate lives and... home for me now will always be where you are. My clan is my family but my heart belongs to you."

He looked down at his other hand and opened it, revealing the plain silver band that shined with the newness of something recently made.

"I love you, Thaddeus Grey, and there is nothing I can think of worthy enough to prove that to you so that there can be no doubt which is why I offer you what I have. I offer you, myself."

Alfarinn waited silently for his companion's response, a part of his mind wondering if there was more he could say, and deciding that there was plenty but was there more he -should- say? He didn't know, he simply hoped he'd said enough to make himself understood.
An idea of what Alfarinn might want passed through his mind, but even as the other man led him to the bedroom, Thaddeus understood that this was something different. He did not believe he had ever seen Alfarinn more anxious than at this moment, and a part of his mind reasoned that anything that made the other man this nervous was a cause for concern. Thaddeus was quite unsure of where the other man was going with this when he began speaking, and his inclination was to simply put his arms around Alfarinn, to somehow ease his mind while he explained. It was, however, clearly very important to the other man that he listen carefully, and Thaddeus did not want Alfarinn to think he was trying to distract. At some point Thaddeus led Alfarinn to the foot of the bed, where he sat, pulling the Evenhet down with him, close but not touching for the moment.

He listened in silence as Alfarinn explained, and though several times his mind flickered with questions, he stilled them for the moment. When he was finished, Thaddeus covered the other man's open hand with his own, gripping it for a brief moment rather than taking the offered ring. He was not entirely sure of what to expect, but found the effect was not overwhelmingly disorienting. He sensed the Evenhet's touch immediately, but more powerful than that was the now familiar sensation of the other man's hair brushing over his fingertips. He pulled away and looked up at Alfarinn, questioning, but rather than asking how this was possible, he remained quiet, stunned beyond words for a long moment.

I...did not know.

He was certain as soon as the words were spoken that this was quite likely the wrong thing to say, but he knew of no way to express how very unanticipated all of this was. He wasn't quite sure which part of what Alfarinn had told him he was replying to specifically. The idea that the other man had carried this choice with him as they went carried on with the mission at hand filled him with awe at Alfarinn's strength. Thaddeus had not had any idea the other man was going through this in the midst of everything else they had spoken of last night. It saddened him to think that with everything they had gone through, the other man had carried this additional internal battle which clearly weighed so heavily on his mind. He could not help but reflect on the things he had said last night; facing the danger, at least mentally, that he was in, the potential threat to them all...and all the while Alfarinn was considering this. That Alfarinn could choose to be with him in this way in the face of the danger they approached went beyond bravery in Thaddeus's eyes. He saw it as an act of incredible faith and trust, and the timing of it, rather than diminishing its effect, only revealed the depth of the other man's sincerity. It could be both easier and more difficult to make these sorts commitments during such trials, but he already knew that Alfarinn was not of a character to take the easy road, but the right one.

There was certainly a good deal more he had not realized. Bonding with Alfarinn was something he had never even considered having any right to; he had believed that bond to be something devoted to the other man's family, to his Clan, but as he listened to the Evenhet's explanation he realized that he was both right and wrong. Alfarinn -was- willing to accept him as a part of his life, though Thaddeus found the boundaries and definitions of that somewhat beyond his grasp. The feeling of being home in Alfarinn's arms, though, he understood.

In the back of his mind he was wondering if he had even recognized that Alfarinn loved him before this moment. Thaddeus was certain of his own feelings and choices in the matter, but did not feel...entitled...to ask or even consider too deeply what Alfarinn's feelings might be. He realized, though, that even if he had been afraid to contemplate the matter on an intellectual level, he had believed his love was returned regardless.

And what would he do with this choice? Thoughts of fear and doubt for Alfarinn's sake went through his mind, and it was simply Thaddeus's nature to question his own worth in the matter, but Thaddeus understood that the offer was entirely Alfarinn's choice, and his own decision was whether or not to accept, to, in return, give himself to this man he loved.

I cannot express how honored I am. What more can I say, other than that I love you, that I am yours as surely as your heart is mine?

He reached out with his other hand, stroked Alfarinn's cheek lightly, and took the ring from his hand. Allowing himself to sense more deeply this time, he slipped the ring onto his left thumb.

I only wish...I did not know...Thaddeus realized he was becoming flustered and paused. Forgive me...I had not expected this. I only wish there was something of me to give to you. He rubbed the band around his thumb with his finger.
Alfarinn 18 years ago
The moments seemed to stretch on for hours while he waited for Thaddeus to say something...anything. When at last his companion spoke, the words confused him. He didn't know. Just what Thaddeus didn't know escaped him. Didn't know Alfarinn cared, didn't know that he was going to ask such a thing or something else entirely?

He was almost afraid to reach out and try to sense his companion, would there be rejection there? Pehaps he had not understood after all, Alfarinn knew that his abilities weren't infallible it is quite possible that while Thaddeus seemed to care a great deal for him, perhaps this was something he was not intellectually ready for. It wasn't the easiest time for him to be asking this of the man, in fact, it was probably very selfish. Thaddeus had a great deal to think about without worrying about this on top of everything else.

And while he was wondering whether he had made a mistake, whether he had asked too much, Thaddeus spoke again. Alfarinn listened with growing relief as Thaddeus's words became clear to him, somehow managing to thaw through the icey touch of fear that seemed to have frozen his heart into a great cold weight in his chest. It came back to life and pounded loudly in his ears upon hearing those three words that he hoped to have returned. I love you.

Alfarinn leaned into the touch that stroked his cheek and watched his companion in silence a moment, letting his companion's answer etch itself into his memory.

He pulled Thaddeus into the circle of his arms with a smile.
"You've given me quite a lot and there's nothing I could want more than you." Alfarinn inhaled deeply, calmed by Thaddeus's answer and his presence against him.

"I suppose I should explain how this works and what to expect. You might change you mind after all." He certainly hoped not and Alfarinn tightened his arms around his companion momentarily before going on with his explanation. "For me there is a great signifigance to our blood, we need it to survive. It is perhaps the most universal symbol of us as a race and so in my mind at least, it is the sharing of this blood that creates a bond between two people. You will have taken in a part of me and I will have a part of you."

He swallowed past the lump in his throat, you can explain this, or try to, but experiencing it was something else entirely. It could be a frightening concept for some, Alfarinn spent every day of his life connected to others and to suddenly be alone without those senses was an experience that he could no longer comprehend. "Once that has happened and you don't reject the bond, then a part of me stays. I'm always there, able to be sensed, touched by just reaching out your thoughts to me. It is much like the communicating we had when we were in the sewers...but much deeper. You'll feel my feelings like I feel yours and will be able to do so even over a large distance. Though the closer we are the stronger it is."

Alfarinn leaned back and looked at Thaddeus "We don't have to do this if you are not ready. It is a big step and I would understand if you don't feel like now is the best of times. I just... I realized how I felt and I didn't want to wait to explain. It was something I didn't want to keep to myself, perhaps I should have through this situation. I don't know, I just wanted you to know..." Alfarinn felt he was speaking in circles and gave up, deciding to keep quiet and let Thaddeus answer him.
I am glad you told me.

Even being certain in both mind and heart of his choice, Thaddeus still felt some measure of apprehension when Alfarinn offered his explanation. He considered telling his companion that he wanted to wait, but reasoned that the worst of his fears had deeper roots than the current situation, and would keep him from this indefinitely if he allowed it. Additionally, Thaddeus rather felt he had enough to fear without being frightened by an act of love. Even so, he felt it would be best for him to be honest with Alfarinn about his feelings, particularly considering how very much these things would soon effect the other man.

I am ready, Alfarinn, I want you to understand that.

Thaddeus paused, trying to determine how to phrase his concerns.

There is something that I cannot in good conscience keep from you, however. Keep in mind that I understand how difficult it must be to explain the bond to someone who has not experienced it, and I am sure there will be some surprises along the way. This is a matter that is...serious enough to me to be worth mentioning in spite of knowing that we can't go into this with absolute and perfect understanding.

I have, I believe, mentioned having Command. What I have not mentioned are the feelings associated with using that ability, at least in my case. They are...Thaddeus frowned and reached for words...I do not think they will be pleasant for you. At least I cannot imagine they would be. It is...Thaddeus brought his hand up, then dropped it down on the bed. an extreme emotional high followed by a rather steep fall. It is temporary but can be frightening when you are not accustomed to it.

Thaddeus knew he was understating the extremity of the effects of the Command, but the rush of intoxicating power followed by the sudden aching absence was a unique sensation he struggled to explain. There was a part of him that did not want Alfarinn to see him this way at all, must less feel it himself, for fear the other man would think less of him, but the Command was a part of who he was and he could not hide that from any intimate companion forever. Bonding simply made the issue more of a priority, especially considering distance would be less of a factor and he could not expect to flee the city every time he needed to practice his skills.

I believe this is something we can overcome, given time; I eventually learned what to expect and how to adjust, and can help you to do the same. I simply did not wish for this to come as a shock to you after the fact. It is something we would have to deal with whether we chose to wait or not; if I do not keep my abilities in practice, I cannot depend on them should I need them, but I will, of course, respect your choice in this matter.

Thaddeus bit his lip self consciously. The issue he felt was very legitimate of him to bring up was out of the way, but there was another concern that he was slightly more embarrassed to even mention. However, he did not want Alfarinn to misinterpret his actions as a reluctance to bond, and felt it best to simply be straight forward.

I must admit...I know it is illogical given our natures, but...the idea of hurting you is a distressing thought, and ironically I know that being distressed is what is more likely to hurt you than anything. Understand that I very much want us to share our blood, and can see the significance of that, I simply need to be certain I will not cause you pain.

He realized he had worried his lip quite badly by this point and felt something near exasperation at his own eccentricities.

There is something I do that helps...I really am not sure how to explain this...he made a noise of frustration I find that playing the piano sometimes helps to relax me enough so that I don't have to worry about causing pain. It is part of a routine for me, and...he pinched his nose...I realize I am unusual in this, I just...don't want to hurt you.

I only tell you this so you will have some idea of what to expect; I do not expect you to understand but I hope you will indulge me this, it would ease my mind.

He paused in his nervous rambling somewhat self conciously. He imagined Alfarinn likely thought him a batty Anantya eccentric, but he at least knew what worked for him and hopefully Alfarinn would indulge his oddities.
Alfarinn 18 years ago
Alfarinn's brow furrowed trying to understand the feelings Thaddeus described and how that would make him feel. He did not believe that it was the emotions themselves that would be the difficulty so much as the thought of his gentle companion feeling such things. For that he'd had experience, it had been many years that he'd been an empath and even the best people had times of selfish desires or unkind and hurtful feelings. Alfarinn didn't need Thaddeus to be perfect, it was his very human qualities that in many cases made him who he was. Thaddeus was right, they wouldn't know until the time came.

He listened quietly as his companion explained his next concern and it made him smile. Alfarinn couldn't help but be touched that Thaddeus was this worried about harming him. Though it did worry him somewhat as well, seeing the Anantya stressed was painful and he wondered again if perhaps he should have waited until a later time.

Leaning down, he gently kissed the lip that Thaddeus had been biting.

" I'm glad that you were thinking about the consequences of this for the future and thinking of me. We won't know until it happens but I feel you anyway when I am near you so it stands to reason that at some point such a thing would happen in my presence, quite possibly very soon. The bonding might make it easier instead of harder. There is more understanding with this kind of connection instead of just emotions which is all the empathy would have told me. I don't know. I -do- know that I share a bond with several who have our Evenhet ability of Suggestion. It it subtle compaired to command but I agree it is a distressing situation for me. In fact, it might be more so. There is something disturbing about feeling a person's emotions being altered as I watch and that is what it like for me. I feel both sides as it happens; it is something slow and sinister. These are people close to me and I understand, just as I do with you, that they use it for good reasons. You cannot make me think less of you, Thaddeus, not so easily."

Alfarinn stood and pulled Thaddeus up into the circle of his arms. "Playing the piano makes perfect sense. It is a far more noble habit than my own method of calming which includes a glass full of dubious substances that you could easily run a vehicle on." It was something he had mentioned in passing once and while he no longer sought oblivion in drink, he still sought relaxation in it. He sighed and gave Thaddeus an embarrassed grin.

"It is numbing. Believe it or not but there are some times even I can't sleep." Taking his companion by the hand to lead them into the living room, his thumb crossed over the silver band causing him to smile.

"I hope you don't mind if I stay to listen."
Thaddeus still battled with his conscience to some extent, especially when Alfarinn admitted that Suggestion was difficult to be around, but he had warned the Evenhet as best he could and he still seemed more than willing. It was a matter they would talk more about, and Thaddeus took solace in the fact that he would always be nearby to help.

He tilted his head in concern rather than judgment at Alfarinn's off handed comments. Though drinking, even heavily, would not cause much damage to a vampire's system as it would a human, it held a power over the mind that did not appeal to him, and while he was sure Alfarinn was stronger than that, he wished the Evenhet was not kept up nights, was not in need of such things, in the first place.

He was, he had to admit, pleased that his companion thought behaviors inexplicable to himself made perfect sense, though Alfarinn seemed to grasp exactly those sorts of things about other people. It was an admirable quality and in this situation came as a relief. His lip, he reflected, felt better as well, and Thaddeus added that kiss to his mental catalogue of things that make Alfarinn astonishing.

Surprisingly, he did not feel the twinge of nervousness he expected when Alfarinn asked to listen, in spite of the overall tension he had felt only moments ago. In fact, had Alfarinn not asked he would not have thought of it at all. The relief he felt at the other man's understanding overshadowed self consciousness, and in any case Alfarinn seemed to understand that this was not so much a display of great artistic value as it was simply him in a different light.

Not at all. Thank you.

As the two men walked into the living room, he considered what to play, realizing that Alfarinn might not enjoy his particular inclination at that moment. He personally found the piece in question to be one of great, if dark, beauty, but given their situation perhaps it was less than appropriate. Still, when it came to playing Thaddeus was used to playing by his instincts; he had never 'taken requests' before and felt it was likely not a good idea to start now. It would only make him nervous.

He led Alfarinn to the couch in the living room, kissed him softly, and turned to the keyboard. He ran one hand over the keys lightly before sitting down, then looked over his shoulder at his companion once before he began.

The piece had an intense immediacy that appealed to Thaddeus, and he launched into the opening chords without hesitation. One of the things he enjoyed about Chopin's second sonata is that, in his mind, it could not be played half way; it required his full attention, ranging from intensity to patience as the piece progressed.

By the second movement he was hearing the music from a distance, his hands playing of their own accord, knowing the path well, as he lost himself to the playing. This part was, in spite of its complexity, somehow more calm, the answer to the insistent questioning of its preceding movement.

He stopped after the second movement, feeling satisfied and having no desire to follow with the darkest of the movements, and opened his eyes. His hands tingled with the life the music brought them, as though it had somehow infiltrated his veins from the fingers inward.

He stood from the bench, ran his hand over the keys one last time, and turned to Alfarinn, a serene smile on his face.

Much better.

He approached the couch and offered his hand to Alfarinn.

Now?

/ooc this http://www.piano-midi.de/midis/chopin/chpn_op35_1.mid
and this http://www.piano-midi.de/midis/chopin/chpn_op35_2.mid
Alfarinn 18 years ago
Alfarinn grinned slightly at the small kiss he received before Thaddeus left him to play. He then leaned back and got comfortable, stretching out his legs and entwining his hands together over his chest. The Anantya smiled at him once before turning back to the keyboard and Alfarinn was glad that there seemed to be much less self consciousness about playing in front of him this time.

Then Thaddeus began the piece and Alfarinn was amazed. There was a bewitching magic to the melody. He could understand why it was chosen because it easily carried you away with it. In the beginning though, Alfarinn was more caught up in the sight in front of him, the blonde head bent over the keyboard, the look of concentration and tranquility on his face and then there was those hands...so skillful and lithe as they danced across the keys.

He knew that he could sit and watch for hours and never go tried of the sight. The sound wound itself more fully into his consciousness and Alfarinn leaned his head back onto the couch, tilted to the side so that he could still watch his companion in a haze of half lidded bliss. The music was enough to steal all thoughts as he listened but the feeling of peace and pleasure from his companion mixed with his own awe and affection to make it a truly enchanting experience.

Alfarinn was slightly disappointed when the playing came to an end. It was then he realized that Thaddeus's music had quite the same affect on him as well, his anxiety and nervousness were gone replaced by a soothing calm.

Alfarinn looked up at Thaddeus with a lazy peaceful smile and accepted the hand that was reached down to him.

"That was beautiful." He said quietly, standing up slowly and placing and arm around his companion. Leaning down, he added softly. "And so are you."

Heading back to the bedroom, Alfarinn sat down on the bed and pulled Thaddeus gently along with him. He leaned down and propped himself up on one elbow, brushing his hair back over his shoulder to expose his neck. Alfarinn watched Thaddeus with a calm and trusting gaze.

"I'm yours."
Thaddeus allowed himself to be led to the bedroom, still in somewhat of a fog from both the playing and the compliment. He was, however, pleased that he had brought Alfarinn some enjoyment in the course of unwinding.

He shivered at both the look in Alfarinn's eyes and the invitation, spoken and implicit, as the other man offered himself to him. He stripped off the borrowed shirt, both because it was going to come off eventually anyway and out of a desire to feel Alfarinn's skin on his own. He made no other motion for a moment, simply looking into his companion's eyes, and then reached out to gather that silky hair in one hand. He let his left hand graze Alfarinn's neck, mapping it with fingers still energized by the music, before sliding closer, kissing him softly on the mouth and moving down to his neck.

Letting lips graze where his hand had just touched, he kissed Alfarinn affectionately as he explored. He let his hand trail down the other man's chest to run up and down his side as he kissed, then allowed his fangs to very lightly follow where lips had been, dragging softly until they found their mark.

Stilling his hand, he paused for a moment and put slightly more pressure on Alfarinn's skin with his fangs in forewarning before sliding them deep into skin. His bite was gentle but sure and without hesitation, and he kept still for a moment at the sudden flow of blood in his mouth. After a pause, though, he remembered himself, and continued stroking hair and skin as he drank, trembling with the pleasure his lover's blood brought. The taste was uniquely Alfarinn, the taste of serenity and benevolence, rich and deep and bright all at once. Tasting of his lover, sharing this most intimate of experiences, filled him with life and overpowering joy and contentment; body and mind soared with the feeling.

Though Alfarinn made no move to stop him, he knew this would have to end. He opened his eyes and pulled away slowly, kissing at the marks until the punctures closed before moving himself closer and resting his head on the other man's chest.

Thank you.

He lifted his head after a brief rest, feeling both sated and invigorated, and met Alfarinn's eyes, letting his hand slide through the other man's hair.

You are incredible.
Alfarinn 18 years ago
He watched Thaddeus pull off his shirt, wondering vaguely if he could convince the man to wear more of them, it would be a nice image to see as he slid it over his own head. Reaching out a hand, he trailed it down his companion's side once before letting it slid away. His desire was to hold Thaddeus close but he knew that as soon as he was bitten he'd tighten his hold on his companion and he wasn't certain how Thaddeus would react so he left them on the bed.

Alfarinn felt his companion's hand wind itself immediately into his hair and smiled. The other hand slid across his skin spreading a donated warmth and causing him to sigh contentedly. He noted that Thaddeus's hands were as skillful moving over him as they had been across the keyboard he had so recently played. The touch of lips were gentle and achingly sweet as he waited for Thaddeus to push into him.

He felt the fangs drag lightly across his skin and it caused him to shiver slightly with desire and anticipation and then they sank slowly into his neck, his hands clinched tightly and relaxed as the pleasure of the bite over took him. There was a sense of helplessness that underscored the yearning and ecstasy of being bitten but here there was also a trust and he moaned softly with the desire to be taken and consumed. Alfarinn could feel Thaddeus pressed against him and his feelings contentment and pleasure heightened Alfarinn's own enjoyment of the experience.

Eyes closed, he rested a moment, feeling the comforting weight on top of him bringing a sense of security and peace as his mind and body slowly returned from the dizzying heights of bliss.

Hearing Thaddeus speak, Alfarinn opened his eyes once more and smiled somewhat bemused at the compliment after being so tenderly handled.

"Hmmm." He pulled himself up to lean against the head board and cradled Thaddeus in his arms. "That from the one who was so compassionate with his bite. Such thoughtfulness makes me want to ask you to do it again." Alfarinn smiled and gently brushed a hand through his companion's hair.
Thaddeus looked up, hesitantly, unsure if Alfarinn was serious. He also was not entirely certain of how he felt about biting Alfarinn again, strictly for the pleasure of it, though it was not an unpleasant concept at all. He was, in fact, moved that the other man would trust him enough to consider the idea when there was no other necessity behind it. He was well practiced at tuning out the more pleasurable aspects of feeding on another's blood, but, as with most matters, with Alfarinn this too was different.

Deciding the matter could do with more thought at a later time, he moved upward and gave his lover's neck a light kiss.

You honor me. Will you do me this honor as well?

He tilted his head up and back, exposed and waiting, anticipating both Alfarinn's bite and the bond that would soon follow.
Alfarinn 18 years ago
Alfarinn smiled and reached for Thaddeus's hand, making sure it was wound comfortably in his hair before putting his arm back around his companion and pulling him closer.

"Of course." He gave Thaddeus a sideways grin along with his now probably expected response.

Leaning down he gently ran his lips along Thaddeus's neck, feeling the warmth radiating gently beneath his touch causing his lips to tingle and feel alive. So very appropriate for how his companion made him feel just by being nearby.

Alfarinn wished to be gentle with Thaddeus just as he had been treated but he also feared that anticipation might make his companion somewhat anxious, especially this first time,with so much at stake with this one action.

It was for this reason that he did not linger as he might wish to at some later date, gently teasing Thaddeus with delicate kisses when they had all the time in the world to explore each other fully.

Taking Thaddeus's mouth in a deep slow kiss, he then whispered next to his ear.

"I love you."

Alfarinn leaned forward and slowly sank his teeth into the waiting skin beneath them. The blood that welled up into his mouth was sweet beyond description, so poigniant and alive. It was rich and complex, holding all the qualities he had come to know of this man he cared more for with each passing night. He held Thaddeus gently, his mouth moving slowly against his companion's neck letting the blood come to him at its own pace.

It was as if Thaddeus, so close to him before, was becoming a part of him, inside and out with each drop that passed between them. His awareness of his companion came alive like never before, making his earlier senses seem dull and confused by comparison. There was such a feeling of completion and bliss. Even as Alfarinn pulled away, gently licking a stray drop and resting his cheek against the wound, cooling it with his touch as the flesh healed and closed, he could feel Thaddeus as a part of him.

He reached up a hand to his companion's cheek, no small amount of awe and joy filling him as surely as the blood that still coursed through him.

"Thank you." Alfarinn's voice was so quiet he wasn't even sure he spoke but he knew Thaddeus would hear him, would always be there in his thoughts, completing him and making him whole and he hoped that he gave that back in some way to the man in his arms.
Thaddeus felt such pure assurance as Alfarinn kissed him, told him he was loved, and showed him in a way that left no doubt. He could feel that tender bite, that complete acceptance, in every part of him, and found he could only want more. He tilted his head back even further, his eyes shut tight, breath caught in his throat and lips parted in soundless pleasure.

He had not quite known what to expect when the bond formed, but the connection was unmistakable when it began. The awareness came gradually, a slow refinement, like polishing a gem until it shone with endless light. It was as though they were fused together, no longer able to distinguish where one man ended and the other man began, bound by an undeniable and infinite force. He was uncertain of how much of what he was feeling was his own; everything was so amplified, joy and tenderness and gratitude and expansive awe reverberating through him, but when Alfarinn ended the bite and rested on his skin, the distinctions between them became somewhat more clear. He held onto Alfarinn tightly, almost fiercely, as his senses slowly came into focus.

As much as Thaddeus enjoyed simply being near Alfarinn after this amazing experience, it was not in him to keep his mind at rest long when there was so much to understand. He was eager to gain his bearings in this new arrangement; the bond between them felt so limitless and expansive, and he would gladly spend an age exploring it. Now seemed like a good time to start.

He slowly relaxed his hold, unsure of how much would be lost by this small separation, and found the connection was still nearly overwhelming to him. He focused his mind on a single thought, hoping the Evenhet would hear him this way but more than willing to speak out loud if not.

[I love you.]
Alfarinn 18 years ago
Alfarinn held Thaddeus gently stroking fingers through his hair, down his shoulder and along his back. Making certain that his companion was adjusting to the sensations and information their connection gave him. Thaddeus seemed far from concerned and his momentary anxiety faded away to be replaced by peace and security once more.

He watched as his companion leaned away from him feeling Thaddeus's curious wonder at that new experience. Alfarinn smiled at the constant questing for knowledge that would drive him to push and test the limits of even this so soon afterwards.

[ I am glad to hear it ]

Alfarinn meant it in all sincerity it. Even knowing what to expect, he was pleased to be able to sense Thaddeus's thoughts so clearly in his mind and to know so very clearly, without any uncertainty that feelings behind those words were true.

[ I love you as well ]

Alfarinn leaned forward and kissed Thaddeus gently before resting back against the headboard.
"I think I'm done surprising you for the night." He wasn't quite ready to leave the bed and go back to their chores for the evening, not so soon.

"What would you like to do now?"
Thaddeus smiled in both relief and recognition at Alfarinn's response. He was, as a matter of fact, more than glad to say it, out loud or otherwise. It was something he had considered telling the Evenhet more than once, but Thaddeus had been uncomfortable with the idea of making a statement that might obligate a response he did not have any real right to expect. Not to mention the moment had never really been right before today...he supposed, in retrospect, he was being ridiculous for hesitating in the face of this happiness. He wondered how he could have ever been so uncertain of Alfarinn's feelings; even before the other man spoke the words, he was sure of it now.

He raised one eyebrow, smiling, at Alfarinn's assurances.

I find I rather enjoy your surprises.

His thoughts turned wistful, though, at the other man's query, knowing exactly what he would like to do but forced to acknowledge what they needed to do. He let his hand slide down Alfarinn's chest, slow and lingering and affectionate.

[Stay in this bed, make love for hours on end, fall asleep reading to each other...]

He sighed and wished for a time when they could enjoy such pleasures, hoping that time would come soon enough.

We should finish our preparations for the apartment. Once night falls we will have other matters to attend to and it would be better to have the cameras set up and ready before we go.
Alfarinn 18 years ago
"Oh really?" It was Alfarinn's turn to raise an eyebrow at his companion. "Well then I'll just have to continue coming up with them. I would hate for you to think me dull." He smirked at Thaddeus, pondering ways to surprise his companion in the future.

Thaddeus answered his question sending his thoughts in a fashion that could not be more clear if he tried. Alfarinn let out a soft moan at the images and desires Thaddeus's suggestion brought to his mind.

Of course the Anantya went on to suggest they actually get back to work and while Alfarinn understood that was for the best, he could not quite make himself get up just yet. It was necessary no matter how tempting the mental image of Thaddeus arching beneath him or arousing the memory of the murmurs and sighs his companion made. Alfarinn realized he was tormenting himself with these thoughts and quite possibly Thaddeus also.

Smiling sheepishly, he slid off the bed and turned back to his companion but before the Anantya could follow him, Alfarinn moved forward, pressing himself back down on top of the other man. He rested his weight on his hands that were placed on either side of his companion, watching Thaddeus with mischief evident in his eyes and thoughts, he said.

"I believe I like the first suggestion better." He leaned down and kissed Thaddeus deeply before leaning back and reaching down a hand to help pull him up. "But you're right, we have a lot to do."
Thaddeus took the proffered hand and pulled Alfarinn back on top of him with a low growl, wrapping one leg around his lover's to ensure there would be no repeat attempts at escape. If that moan had not already been enough to break his thin resolve, discovering that the desire he felt was very much mutual and then some shattered his attempts at self-control. And that kiss had been enough to move his resolve in a completely different direction, insistence now instead of restraint.

He let his foot run up and down the Evenhet's leg as he spoke.

As much as I enjoy being right, I think I shall have to concede to your excellently made and quite compelling point.

He slid his hand around to the back of Alfarinn's neck, pulling him down again, letting his tongue play along the other man's lower lip before returning to the kiss that in his mind had been broken all too soon. His other arm wrapped around Alfarinn's waist as he pulled them closer, eliciting a shiver at the contact.

[You are entirely too irresistible, you know.]