A walk in the park ( att:Rachyl)

Panos thanked the shop owner of EO Styles once more for letting him use the back room to change. The khakis felt much better on his legs than the leather had, his shirt was cottony white and breezy. With the stores bag filled with his previous attire, Panos stepped out on the strip.

The stores door bell jingled behind him as it closed. He pulled down the bill of his new solid black baseball cap lower. It was early evening and the air still felt warm from the pesky sun that was now fast setting. His mouth tasted like a stale cigarette as he licked his lips. Dinner had been a street bum begging for change. He'd give a blowjob for 5 bucks if you asked the right questions. Panos figured it was better to kill the disease before it spread, seeing as there was no telling how many dicks the toothless bum had sucked.

As he walked he fumed. Homeless and planless Panos wandered aimless thinking about discovering his aunt.

'That bitch.' He thought to himself as he recounted her rejection. He was lineage damn it and she didnt even care! Everything he had ever heard about his amazing aunt Chryseis was a joke. She was just like the rest of his shitty family.

He had always been the bad seed, the fuck up and the loser. His father had much more pride in his brothers than in him. It was that reason alone that Panos had killed their father Alexander. His brothers, they had left him to rot and die in some dark alleyway, the very alley that he had been attacked and turned. They didn't care if he ever returned home. But when he did, they begged for their lives on both knees. He could still hear their pleas in his head. The soft melody of their misery and shock at seeing him. Then the beautiful harmony of their screams as he repaid them for their sins.

And now there was Meegan. He wasnt quite sure what to think about her. She was so mezmerising. He wanted her, wanted her badly. He had been through many women and it was rare he had ever gotten turned down by one. In those rare occurances, he always found a suitable way to prevent those girls from ever turning any man down again. Their screams were the chorus to his brothers.

But Meegan, she had rejected him but not at the same time. She extended her help to him yet called upon another vampire to intervein. It confused and excited him. He would find her again. No doubt that yuppy of a vampire had her hidden somewhere.

How vallant. Panos spat.

He was fast approaching the park near downtown. Seeing the green of the trees leaves reminded him of Meegans eyes. He walked onto the cobble stone entrance and entered the park through its cast iron gates. As he walked he closed his eyes and let the warm arm surround him trying to remember Greece. It had been so long since he had last been there that he could not remmeber anything.

Sighing inward he opened his eyes back up and stopped a bit startled. Before him, in the specifically sectioned off part of the park that was meant for dogs, was one of the girls from the picture with Meegan. Her hair was a stark obviously died reddish color that was piled off of her head. Her stance was angry and she was standing infront of a bulky tall man, staring directly up at it.

He slowly but casually made his way over to approach them.

(ooc: didnt want to jump in on your thread so i started a new one if thats aight)

Rachyl 18 years ago
(( continued from Office Memo, and that Day ))

Jack looked down at her, the leer slowly disappearing from his face. Rachyl's stern countenance didn't change; she just turned and moved into the dog-walking path which ran clockwise around the park. Dill bounded along beside her, and she felt Jack at a distance, and she knew his eyes were glued to her ass again.

At this rate, she might have to start wearing sweats or something. Or request Jack never come back again... Though if she really took offense to every guard... she'd probably eventually run out.
Panos Mehalitsenos 18 years ago
Panos slipped up next to the woman quietly and matched her step.

Is everything allright miss? I saw what looked like you being confronted by that large man over there. Shall I teach him a lesson in manners?

His kept his face a bit concerned looking yet with a hint of a smile showing that he knew she had no problem telling that man off.
Rachyl 18 years ago
The hairs rose on Rachyl's neck as the man spoke to her. She looked at him askance, then a bit more fully, and was able to keep her face straight as she said, "In all honesty, that 'confrontation' you witnessed was quite the reverse, and thank you for your concern."

Rachyl recognized him as the third party in the halls of Gothic-ah, and on the manufacturing floor. "He's just a pain in the ass sometimes, being twice my size, well probably closer to four times if you were to get into actual size-mass ratios and all, but he didn't like the fact that I don't have the dog housetrained yet and is just being a pest."

"Shut up, Rachyl." Dill had stopped from his extended run on the leash and was glaring, no now growling, at Rachyl's new companion. "Speaking of the dog, I think he might be ready to go again. Excuse me please."

Rachyl stopped and walked behind the man next to her, dodging and trying not to get the leash wrapped around him as she goaded Dill towards a tree.

She briefly wished she'd had time to work with Jack to set up signals or something indicating "HELP I'M IN DANGER."

"Jack, honey, can you bring the pooperscooper over here please?" she called to the "large man."
Panos watched the woman weave through the people on the street and half lead the dog to a tree.

He followed as she called out to the large man whom which she had just been angry with. She called him 'dear' and it triggered his lie detector for sure.

You know, you look familiar, like i've seen you somewhere before. I saw you from across the park and just had to see if i knew you. Have we met before?

He asked totally innocently. He pretended not to take the hint from the brush off.
Rachyl 18 years ago
Rachyl shrugged as Dill sniffed around the bottom of a tree, but kept looking at the "intruderman" with an occasional snarl. "If we'd met, you'd probably have introduced yourself because you find me uniquely attractive as compared to most of the old ladies or married executives who walk their dogs in this park, and since you don't seem the type to be attracted to men, that leaves lil' ol' me. And since you'd have introduced yourself, I'd know your name. But since we haven't, and you didn't, you've probably just seen me walking Dill at this park just about every day for the past two months."

Rachyl smiled at him, then turned her attention to the dog.
Panos broke out in a laugh. He folded his left arm over his mid section and his right arm crossed up to his face so that he could place his hand over his mouth.

That, was alot of...wordage. Damn. I almost dont know what to say! Though theres no need to be self deprecating. I have seen many attractive women, present company included, come through here on occassion. You miss, are not the least ugly of the uglies. But, no i don't think we've met either. You were in the news paper not too long ago i believe. Ya i'm pretty sure that was you. There were three fine females such as yourself at a local nightclub.

He tapped his chin thoughtfully as he eased into his introduction.

And by the way, I'd be pleased to introduce myself to you as of right now, per chance we meet like this more often. Please, call me Pauly.

He used one of his alias's incase Meegan had spoken to her. Meegan could very well have mentioned his name in why she had taken refuge. He wondered how much this woman knew about the whole incident.

There was no doubt that schmuck of vampire had taken Meegan somewhere and hidden her away from him, perhaps Meegan had consorted with her friend, girls did such things. He could be wrong though, they may as well could have just been dancing together in the club when the photo was shot. A drunken moment of mindless self indulgment. He doubted the later.

Panos squated down to the dogs level and spoke in a babyish tone.

Heddo puppy.
Rachyl 18 years ago
Rachyl tried not to smile as Dill growled and snapped, restrained, at "Pauly." "I wouldn't do that. How would you like it if someone stared you in the face while you were trying to go to the bathroom? And he's a dog, not a puppy or a baby. He understands more than you can imagine."
Ya i guess your right. Though, He stood back up and looked at her.

In the mens bathroom you sometimes are almost face to face.

He grinned and refolded his arms over his chest.

So is the dog old? I mean he doesnt look it but you said he's not a puppy and that hes not house trained. Maybe he has a problem a vet could check into for you. You could ask your lovely 'Jack' over there to foot the bill since accidents bother him so.

He had caught her in another lie but this time he made it apparent he knew she was bullshitting him. If this woman and Meegan were friends, than this girl was much better at acting. She didn't seem afraid or act overly confident. A hunter could smell fear from miles away no matter how well covered. This woman returned his idle chatter and far as he had seen she hadn't summoned any drama students to wisk her away.
Rachyl 18 years ago
"Face to face - or nearly, at least - is one of the reasons I'm glad I'm a female. I hear men talking all the time. Horrid horrid habit. Why can't you just do your business and go?"

As soon as Rachyl said this, Dill left an odorous pile near the tree, then lifted his leg to the sky and sprayed the tree trunk. He trotted towards the path again, then stopped just before the limit of the leash and turned back to Rachyl.

"At least women don't talk to each other til they're done and cleaning up."

She turned to "Pauly." "It was certainly interesting chatting with you, but we must be off. Enjoy your time in the park."

She stepped back from the tree, and Jack scooped up the pile. He looked at "Pauly" tolerantly, then insinuated his arm around Rachyl's shoulder. Rachyl smiled up, then back at Pauly, shrugged, and started back onto the path.
She had avoided his question as if he had never asked it.

Panos narrowed his eyes as he watched her walk away. She turned and shrugged at him as the big man named Jack put his arm around her. Anger filled his face flush with color.

Unlike the previous evening and the debacle that had incured by his passivness, tonight would be different. "Not again." he stated in his mind.

He was nice last night and it did him no good, now, he had tried it again and had the same results. Almost.

This girl wasn't going to get away that easily.

With lightening speed the Tacharan vampire gave into to his emotions by letting the rage consume him and advanced upon the couple. Before they could turn around Panos drew his pocket knife and flicked it open with one hand while the other arm reached around the womans waist and tightened around her midsection.

If you want to play Ms. Walker, i've got many games up my sleeve. He growled into her ear.
Rachyl 18 years ago
Rachyl somehow fought down the urge to panic.

What was it with her and men?

"Pauly" was a full foot taller than her. While normally size didn't matter in the realm of martial throws, she could feel his abnormal strength just in the way he was holding her.

A corner of her mind yelled, "Remember to S.I.N.G.!" But if this man was... whatever he was, would it even work?

"I haven't played games since high school, really. And besides, just because I said my dog 'isn't housetrained' doesn't mean he's old or that he has accidents. He just hasn't learned to use a litterbox yet. Small dogs can learn that if taught early and frequently."

"Real smart. Chat away."

Jack took a couple steps past Rachyl and turned when he realized what was going on. She knew he had a gun; she signalled him with her eyes not to draw it.

Dill started barking ferociously.
I'm afraid my dear it is too late for small talk. You decided on that only moments ago.

The anger inside him triggered his bloodlust. He saw Jack step away and swing around. The man took stance and reached for his gun but did not draw it. The damn dog barked annoyingly. With his right leg he kicked out quickly and felt his foot contact the little dogs body. He was back into position before the dog could yelp.

Now, you are comming with me. We can make this easy or you can make this hard. If that man follows us, I will kill him. If you try and scream or signal anyone i will do something to you much worse than death.

He made sure to keep on leg between hers incase he needed to enable her for a short period of time. A quick knee to the tailbone and fist to the temple usually did the trick of knocking a person out. He may have to drop her in order to fight the man before them. She was probally a runner. He had no doubt he'd be able to catch her if she did run, it was just annoying to have to chase a person.

He awaited her next move and answer.
Rachyl 18 years ago
Rachyl gasped as Dill received the painful end of "Pauly's" boot and gritted her teeth.

"I decided it's too late for small talk? I didn't -want- small talk. If I wanted small talk I'd go to a bar or the library. Or even that new Barnes and Noble bookstore over on Jefferson. I came to the park to let my dog poop. You're the one who decided to stick your nose in where it wasn't needed."

If her arms had been free, she'd have smacked herself in the forehead. "Great idea, stupid. Verbally harangue the psychomaniac."

She could only hope Jack had some way of signalling for backup.
Panos pushed up against her forcefully to signal he wanted her to get walking. He eyed Jack heavily. Watching his every movement. He could very well pick the woman up and run with her but he decided to hold off on that just yet.

His hats brim was still low enough on his face that maybe Jack hadn't seen much of his face.

Unfortunatly I still want to converse. Now MOVE.
Rachyl 18 years ago
Dill wasn't moving, but he was breathing. That's a good sign. Either he's really good at playing dead... or he's unconscious.

"If you wanted to converse, you could have come up and struck a conversation instead of playing the whole 'knight in shining armor' bit. Or 'nosy pedestrian in brand new clothes that still have the tags on them', but whichever works for you. In any case, I tend to be more forthcoming than not if approached with civility and politeness. And while you did approach politely, and gallantry and chivalry can certainly have its place when a man deals with women, unfortunately, at the time, it wasn't. You don't by chance shop the bodega over on Wabash, do you? Your voice is reminiscent of a guy who tried to grab my boob there a few weeks ago... But no, you're taller and thinner, he was actually kind of short and fat. And he didn't quite have the taste in clothing you do. EO? Nice place. Don't shop there myself."

Luckily, Wabash wasn't anywhere near her apartment. But she did occasionally go there on her way home from Walmart.

And some guy had tried to grab her boob... She almost decked him before she realized how old he was.
You must like to play it rough. I said get moving, now either you can start walking on your own or i can pick you up and help you. It's your choice, of course, I could always just kill this dog and see what you will do then.

Panos placed his left foot ontop of the dogs tiny rib cage pressing down lightly.

'Bite her' his inner voice screamed. 'Bite her now!' He shook his head clear of the enraged cloud of thrist. He would not give in just yet. Luckily for him, or her, he had a few street meals before their run in. He could hold off long enough not to be controlled by his thrist. The Bloodlust that had been triggered by his rage was using up his resources at a fast rate and it wouldnt be long before he wouldnt be able to resist.

He could see through her creamy skin and past her viens and his minds eye visualized her heart pounding and thumping hard againts her ribs. QUickly he snapped himself out of these thoughts. They wouldnt do any good to him right now. It only made the urge stronger.

Survey says?
Rachyl 18 years ago
"I don't like playing 'games,' at least not the ones you're taking imaginary offense to. 'Games' like you're playing are the ones that got me into the situation I'm in right now, and mayhap I am referring to you playing Mr-Nice-gone-Thuggo, mayhap I ain't. But leave the dog alone."

Why oh why...

"And my offer still stands to have a civilized conversation."
Panos took his foot off the dog. He began counting backwards from 100 in his head. He closed his eyes and sighed slowly. Quickly in one fluid motion he snapped his blade back shut and released her. He took a step back.

He averted his eyes to the ground.

I appologize. I... I do not have an excuse for my behavior nor should there be one.

'Temper temper Panos. Now look at you, reduced to groveling. Got ahead of yourself in your eager fury.' He chastised himself inwardly.

He did not understand why she still wished to talk to him, specially after he had intended to do harm to her if she did not cooperate. Like usual, as it had been his whole life, Panos had let his anger control him.

He thought hard on how he could turn this situation around. Once again the past predicted the future and he resorted to bribery.

The truth is, I already know who you are. I have seen you in the paper with 2 others. Your name was listed under the photo. I know where you live, where you work, and that you walk here often. he grimaced at how that came out.

'Way to sound creepy.'

I need your help. In return i will enlist myself to you.To the average person that may not mean much. But i fear you know something others don't, perhaps even knew i would be out here tonight, you know something about me that others do not and that is power in your hands if you fullfill my favors.
Rachyl 18 years ago
Rachyl turned and knelt next to Dill. He was still breathing. She was no vet, but it didn't feel to her that any of his ribs were broken. She'd still take him to the vet in the morning.

"I wonder what Meegan'll say when I tell her I almost got her dog, my dog, our dog, whatever, killed not six hours after she gave responsibility of him to me. And why does everyone know my name, where I live? Of course the 'Net can't have my Nachton address yet... I hope..." Her thoughts stopped as she looked back up at the other man.

"Tell me what you want. I make no promises, but I will consider your request."
I need somewhere to stay. Shelter, a home away from....home, of sorts.

He decided to start with the most basic and important of his needs. There was no reason for her to let him come into her home and rest. After all it was her safe haven, her sanctuary.

Also, by staying I also mean staying unknown to others. Somewhere no one knows I am at. That is just as important. People tend to try and nose around when they know my where abouts. They try to fuck with you when your most vulnerable.

He knelt in front of the dog and scratched the top of its head.

He'll be ok, I didn't use the tip of my boot, just the side. He said nonchalantly without looking at her.