wiimatch Part 2

Christian ran a hand through his wet hair as he went down the stairs. His mood was much more relaxed than the anxiety and anticipation he had felt earlier in the day. He smiled to himself as he went to plug in the fondue pots and set out the final touches on the snacks for the evening. Cris wondered what Aishe would make of his aura now if she saw it.

He pulled out the holder with coasters he had made some time ago; realizing that this was the first time that they were being used. The coasters were all wooden boats, the hulls made much more shallow and flat on the bottom. The ring, lined with cork, was at the aft end and each had collapsible sails of different colours. The tiny details like portals and anchors were done in different metals. The holder was shaped like a wooden pier with the coasters stacked sideways between the pilings.

Turning to his companion that was busy hastily connecting the wii console to the television, Christian asked. "Need any help?"

((OOC: There are four ships, the sail colours are red, yellow, blue and green. The little masts flip up and lock into place. Why he made them....I don't know. ))

Rowan Murphy 13 years ago
"Nope, got it, thanks," Rowan said with a smile at Christian. He tucked both sides of his damp hair behind his ears to keep them out of his face as he finished hooking the game system up to the television. Straightening everything up back the way it was he went back to his bag and found everything else he needed; wii-motes, accessories, and games.

Noting the object in Christian's hands he recognized the pier shape. He looked at it curiously with his eyebrows raised, silently questioning. Christian seemed to have a plan for the evening judging by the snacks prepared, which smelled delicious. He hadn't had fondue in a while. Not really good fondue, which was what he smelled now.

"Everything smells great. Looks great too." He said the last without so much as a glance toward the food, his eyes on Christian instead.

They hadn't discussed anything about having company. Hell, this was technically date two. They'd hardly discussed much of anything. Rowan wasn't sure how Christian normally behaved in company. What was between them was still too new, perhaps, to be called a relationship. Wasn't it? Even so the effect on him was obvious. In the week that he hadn't seen Christian He had hunted and fed but he hadn't dallied and he hadn't sought out anyone's company. It wasn't normal for him; Rowan was very social.

He'd chatted, of course, and danced, and had a drink here and there of more than alcohol. But in the end he had gone home, fallen asleep, and dreamed about Christian. And he didn't see a problem with that. He moved closer to his partner, wrapped an arm around his shoulders, and leaned down to kiss him deeply, thoroughly, nipping gently at his lower lip and sucking at it suggestively.

"Feeling motivated yet?"

He was prevented from doing any more by a knock on the door.
Eiryk 13 years ago
OK so they might be just a minute or two behind schedule, not much though. It was Alex's fault. Of course Alex would probably blame him. Maybe they just shouldn't assign blame. That worked.

Not knowing exactly what to bring, other than himself and his boyfriend, Eiryk had a couple of bottle of whiskey and a couple of tequila. What he did know was he didn't have have a taste for rum right now. He'd had enough of that to last a while and mead, well it didn't lend it self to shots.

Arm comfortably around Alex's waist they found their way down the halls to find Christian's apartment. Before knocking he stopped just long enough to kiss the hell out of Alex. Might as well cross the line one last time in the relative privacy of the hall.

"What do you think they are up to in there?"

Some of the evening was a bit fuzzy, Eiryk thought that Rowan had seemed a bit interested in Christian but he might have imagined that. What he did know was that the odds were Rue had beaten them here.
Alex Aristos 13 years ago
Alex blamed Eiryk completely for making them late. Alex didn't go places late. Eiryk went places late and then decided it was Alexander's fault. Alex was ready to go. It was Eiryk who had decided... well, something about his ass. And... nevermind, the fact was they were a tiny bit late.

His arm across Eiryk's shoulders he looked around quickly when Eiryk kissed him, and returned the kiss happily, lifting Eiryk off his feet a little bit.
"Enough of that or we'll never get inside," he said, laughing.

As Eiryk knocked on the door Alex looked at his boyfriend curiously.
"They?" He didn't know how Eiryk knew Rowan was already there. Alex shrugged. "Probably setting up the Wii," he responded. "Wasn't Rowan bringing it?"

The answer became moot as the door opened.
Christian Bern 13 years ago
Christian smiled fondly at Rowan but shook his head at the shameless flirt.

It was amazing to him how quickly he seemed to melt into his companion's embrace. Rowan kissed him passionately and Cris returned it with equal fervor. The light teasing question was met with a soft growl; Christian slid both hands down to Rowan's ass, squeezing it fondly and pressing himself more tightly against his lover. "Try harder."

With a sly smile, he let go and walked to the door, inwardly grateful Rowan didn't get a chance to take up that challenge...or disappointed. He wasn't sure which.

He opened the door and stepped to this side.

"Good evening, Gentlemen. Ready for a rematch?"

Looking up over at Alex, Christian gave him a conspiratorial look of fear and a negative shake of the head. They were the two down early the last time.

"We can hope the Viking and the Pirate aren't good at videos games but I'm not holding my breath."
Rowan laughed at Christian as he turned around and went to answer the door. He reached out and swatted his lover on his own ass as he did so then turned away and finished connecting the wiimotes to their respective steering wheels. Mario Kart was the challenge that had been issued and he insisted in authenticity.

Hearing Christian's greeting to Eiryk and Alex Rowan laughed again, in a very cheerful mood.
"The Pirate is the one with the game console," he pointed out with a wicked grin. "It would be shameful if I hadn't managed more than a passing familiarity with it in the last few years."

As the other two came in Rowan noted the reusable bag in Eiryk's arms.
"I see you brought the means to our destruction tonight," he said, grinning.

He indicated the Wii with one hand.
"The entertainment is ready to go and I think Christian is going to rival Alex for kitchen skills."
Eiryk 13 years ago
The whole being picked up thing was kind of hot and was starting to think that getting inside was over rated. But he was being good, it hurt.

Alex was probably right and Eiryk just shrugged in answer. It was one thing to speculate on what Rue was up to, after all he knew his friend fairly well. But Christian he couldn't really speculate on. Although, he would say the man had hidden depths. That room had turned out rather well and the clients had been pleased.

There was a hopeless romantic buried inside Eiryk, and especially as he was quite happy in his relationship, he wanted to see Rue happy too. But he was good, still hurt, and refrained from commenting or playing match maker.

"Always ready, you're a brave man offering it though."

Eiryk grinned at Christian. He, after all, had a secret weapon up his sleeve Kem Aishe and Pak. So long as these three weren't as good as the other, he might stand a chance. Failing that, he was going to rely on being able to hold his drink better.

"Wait, they are ganging up on us Rue. You didn't tell me that was part of the plan."

But he turned the bag over to the pirate with the simple comment that it was his turn. Before returning his attention to their host. Something about a vampire that could cook always fascinated him.

"Really? Maybe next time we should just have a cook off. What do you think Alex?"
Alex smiled at Christian and laughed softly at his expression. He gave the shorter man a slight shrug of his shoulders and nodded in return, acknowledging the humor and freely admitting there might not be anything he could do about it. He greeted Rowan as well, noting with curiosity that both Rowan and Christian had wet hair. He shrugged to himself and stepped inside Christian's house with Eiryk, tuning into the conversation in time to speak up.

"We're not ganging up," he protested softly. "It's sheer self defense."

He looked around the apartment, slightly wide-eyed. It was pretty incredible. Eiryk's apartment was gorgeous but Christian's bordered on spectacular. Alex resolved not to move very far lest he damage something. He had grown comfortable at Eiryk's but this was clearly not Eiryk's.
"Your home is beautiful," he said to Christian before turning back to Eiryk and moving closer to his boyfriend.

"I'd rather not compete," he said honestly. "Maybe we can make something even better together."
"Oh good, are there teams?" He smiled at the two who entered. "Maybe then I stand a chance of not passing out." [Rue?] Christian was curious about the name Eiryk used, obviously referring to Rowan.

He smiled at Rowan and said. "I'm no so sure about that but thank you."

Smiling at Alex, Cris looked around the place and shrugged slightly. "I had to get creative on the ground floor and I've spent a lot of years here. I'm glad you like it."

Christian shook his head, no, at the idea of a cook off about the same time Alex said he'd rather not compete. He smiled at the man and agreed with his suggestion. "Certainly."

Moving further into the room he indicated the table with the fondue,sides and pretzels along with plates and utensils. "Help yourselves."

He turned back to Rowan. "What's the rules this time? I know -I'm- not making any more suggestions on when we drink."
Rowan took the bag from Eiryk and peered inside. He laughed and said, "Lost your taste for rum, Jensen? Are we going to take bets on who gets the worm?"

There were several bottles of whiskey in the bag as well as tequila. Rowan thought they'd probably all want to stop before they got as hammered as they had last week. Especially with tequila involved. Rowan almost never had a bad hangover after drinking, but when he did there was usually tequila involved.

Setting the bag aside he pulled the bottles out and set them on the table with the rest of the supplies. Christian could move them if he liked; Rowan was not familiar enough with the layout of his home to go poking about and he strongly suspected even if he was Christian might have his own ideas about where things would go. Rowan wasn't a slob, but he was not necessarily the neatest person in the universe.

"There could be teams," he said with a smile in response to both Eiryk and Christian. "If we're playing Mario Kart anyhow."

Privately, to Christian, he sent, [It's my nickname. I know it's not horribly original but lacking any other option my Creator Henri named me Ruan when he turned me. So, Rue. You're welcome to it.] Rowan wouldn't mind Christian calling him Rue; any of the people he called 'friend' did so.

Continuing the conversation that was taking place out loud he said,
"We could play teams. The losing team would have to take a shot but they could choose between them who does it."

That would be a reasonable way for them to all get a pleasant buzz without getting hit as hard as they had last week. And, if Rowan had his say, they could let Eiryk and Alex team up while he stole Christian. No ulterior motive there... no, not him.

"We can make up another rule when we switch games?"

In the meantime he smiled at Christian and, following his lover's suggestion, helped himself to a plate and a fondue fork. Dipping a piece of bread into the cheese he sampled it and smiled.
"Excellent."

The inclination to touch Christian was strong but he held back; they had not established any rules yet regarding how public they wanted to be.
Eiryk 13 years ago
Eiryk had to agree with Alex's assessment. It was a beautiful job. No wonder his clients had been so pleased. Christian was wasted in security. But Eiryk didn't exactly need him roaming the streets either...

"Are you sure you don't want a job? Or should I wait until after you pass out to ask that question?"

Eiryk eyed the fondu wistfully. It looked quite good, but he didn't dare get too near it, it would be messy to say the least. He raised his eyebrows at Alex hopefully, just a little help would be welcome.

He chuckled at Christian's reluctance to make a suggestion. With a little smile on his face he rolled his eyes at his old friend.

"I haven't lost it. Just wore it out temporarily that's all. Besides, no worms in there, that is the good stuff."

Worms were for tourists, kids on spring break.

Mario Kart? Crap, he always fell over playing that one. Never could figure out why, he leaned into the turns or something. Well he didn't need to be sober.

"Sounds fair enough to me. Are we going to draw straws for partners?"

It was goading pure and simple. He wanted to see if Rue had a preference. Of course if that preference was Alex he would probably have to smack the pirate around. But until then...well he was nosy.
"You and me both," Alex said to Christian when the idea of team battle was brought up.

Rowan's suggestion sounded fair enough to Alexander, who had slowly made his way further in to Christian's home.
"I can work with that. Mario Kart is a good game for it."

He joined Rowan at the table of snack items and surveyed them carefully before following Rowan's lead and dipping a piece of bread into the fondue. Holding it over a plate he offered it to Eiryk, noting the blond's expression.

And then he stopped for a second, staring at Eiryk with s surprised expression.
"Draw straws?"

His warm brown eyes grew somewhat sad and soulful as he considered that Eiryk might want to play with someone else. He had naturally assumed he would be on Eiryk's team. But then, Christian and Rowan might not want to play with each other and in that case it was only fair that share Eiryk. Still, he was surprised that Eiryk had asked.

He offered Eiryk the cheese-covered bread and then took another for himself. He should ask Christian and Rowan if they minded teaming up but his natural shyness got in the way and he didn't say anything else at all.
Christian listened to Rowan's explanation concerning his nickname, somewhat confused over why his Creator would choose a name for him. Some old vampires had strange traditions but his companion said he had little recourse. [I would like that if its special to you and you don't mind me using it. My friends call me Cris.. from my real name, Crispin.] Most assumed it was from Christian and it worked that way also. [Why did he have no choice?] Learning something new about Rowan was intriguing.

Smiling at Eiryk, he replied. "Going to take advantage of me in my sleep?" Cris looked at him more seriously and said. "Perhaps part time. I enjoyed it. It is a welcome change from violence and crime solving. Though I have seen some interior design that could definitely be called a crime."

He also listened to the suggested rules, being a sender for many years had taught him how to pay attention to more than one thing at a time. Cris was rather pleased with Rowan's clever suggestion, figuring his partner was trying to keep him from being useless later.

"Who is Mario and why is his cart important?"

Christian looked over at Eiryk and raised his eyebrows when the other blond suggested that they draw straws for teams. [That's odd. Wonder what he's getting at.] He shrugged and said. "I have some coffee straws in the kitchen. I'll go get them."

Alex looked surprised by the idea as well if the puppy eyes were any indication. [Someone will be sleeping on the couch if he doesn't quickly dig himself out of the hole he just put himself in.] He walked the short way to the kitchen, opened a drawer and pulled out several straws, cutting them to various lengths.

"Is that the way we're doing this? And has everyone played this game but me?"
Rowan, not the accomplished sender Christian was, nonetheless still managed to take a page out of his lover's book and respond to his sending while appearing to be paying full attention to what was happening around them. [Crispin,] he repeated back. [That's a wonderful name. Of course you should call me Rue. I don't know that it's special, exactly, but all of my good friends do.] He forked another bit of bread and dipped it. [Henri had no choice because he didn't know my name and neither did I. Never have remembered; I must have been someone very boring.] He made light of it, even when it wasn't spoken out loud; Rowan didn't particularly like discussing his past. He found he didn't mind Cris knowing, not as much as he would have thought, but he still didn't like it as much as some other topics.

He quietly chewed while Eiryk and Cris haggled over job prospects. He could understand Cris' desire t get away from all the stress of his job and was glad he might find an outlet in Eiryk. The selfish part of him, however, wondered just how much they'd see of each other if that were to be the case. Well. No promises, Rowan reminded himself.

"Mario Kart. It's a driving game," Rowan explained briefly to Cris. "You pick a character, choose a vehicle for them, and race over an obstacle course that has a few little quirks. You'll see. It's cute, it's fun, and it's relatively nonviolent given the state of today's gaming industry."

Rowan actually liked this game very much. He didn't have a gaming console to go all Rambo on innocent digital people but many others did. Rowan tended to gravitate toward lighter, funner games.

He would have given Cris some puppy dog eyes of his own had Cris not almost immediately sent to him again and tipped him off to the fact that he was apparently calling Eiryk's bluff. Rowan smiled inwardly, laughing to himself.

[He's being a nosy little yenta,] Rowan sent back. [Having achieved domestic bliss he wants everyone around him to do so as well. Therefore he's going to poke and prod until he discovers whether or not we've fallen madly in love and climbed into bed together in the last seven days.]

The irony was not lost on Rowan.

Nor were Alexander's big brown eyes with their thick lashes that should have been on a commercial imploring them to help a starving child or save a puppy somewhere. Rowan grinned at Eiryk and shrugged at the suggestion.
"That works," he said, awaiting Christian's return and trying not to give anything away by staring at him and undressing him with his eyes.

"Looks like it," Rowan told Cris when he came back, "but it isn't a very difficult game to learn. That's why it's a great drinking game. I'm sure you'll be just fine."
Eiryk 13 years ago
Whoops. Those big brown eyes could go right right to your heart couldn't they? Eiryk squirmed a bit as he helped himself to the cheesy bread. It was delicious. Might have tasted better if he didn't still feel Alex look at him. There was no good way to explain what he was up to without letting Rue and Christian in on it. Instead he just wanted until no one was looking and grabbed the same ass that had almost made them late.

He grinned at Christian's answer although he also tried to look chocked and horrified.

"I would never! But I might be able to offer you a bit of a free lance job something that would fit in your schedule. ... and hey when do I get my ear piece?"

Eiryk had no intention of letting that go. He thought he might look good in one and it might distract Alex enough that he'd forget about the whole straw drawing thing.

Letting Rue explain the game he went to shoot the pirate a dirty look and some how stumble over air and feel flat on his face for no apparent reason. He just sighed and shook his head. At least he hadn't knocked over the snacks. After a second of just laying on the floor he bounced back too his feet with out a word and just hoped no one said anything.

"More fondu?"
Alexander sighed, put down the fondue fork he'd been holding, and helped Eiryk back to his feet while still wearing a mournful expression. He raised his eyebrows at Eiryk, handed him a fork of his own along with a plate and said, "Here. Be careful."

He helped himself to fruit and watched as Christian returned with his straws. Alex shrugged. He shouldn't be so clingy. They were hanging out with friends and he shouldn't expect to keep Eiryk entirely to himself regardless of how cute and sneaky he was with the ass-grab. He only hoped he and Christian didn't end up teamed. He liked the shorter man but if their previous performances were any indication, they wouldn't stand a chance if they had to go up against Eiryk and Rowan. Alex would like to be conscious at the end of the night and he suspected the same might be true of Christian. Last week's hangover had been rough.
Cris listened to Rowan's explanation for why his Creator had to name him. It was rare that the turning sometimes robbed people of their memories but not unheard of. [I find it hard to believe that you were boring but if you think so then we can try to make up for it in the present.] He didn't want to dwell on the subject that was likely a frustrating one for his companion when they couldn't talk about it more openly.

"When you show up for a night of security work." Christian replied to Eiryk's request for an earpiece. Pushing the exposed ends of the little red stirrers up so that they appeared the same length, he closed his fist around the uneven ends. He then held out the straws for the blond to pick from first since this whole drawing straws thing was his idea.

Able to feel that Eiryk had pulled one of the shorter straws, he went to Rowan next. [Pull the one on the far left.] Christian gave the redhead a slight smile. [Being nosy is he? Should we draw out the suspense then? At least make him work harder for the answer.]

Coming up to Alex, he turned to face the taller man fully so that his back was to the other two in the room. He pushed out one straw with his thumb and index finger and curled the other straw into his grasp, making the choice obvious to the man in front of him. Cris gave Alex a conspiratorial wink before turning around to the others.

Holding up the remaining straw, he said. "And what did we come up with?"

He was dubious about whether or not he would be fine but Christian had listened to Rowan's explanation and figured that it couldn't be terribly difficult to grasp. Small children played the game so the mechanics were no doubt easy to understand; it would be the execution of the game that probably harder than it appeared.
Rowan watched Eiryk draw his straw, answering Cris as he did. [I don't think we'll have to try very hard,] he sent. [Things seem perfectly interesting now.] He smiled as Cris offered him the straws and instructed him on which to choose. He hesitated as if thinking and then pulled the one indicated, giving a little 'hmm' of interest and wagging it at Eiryk, inwardly admiring Cris's duplicity. He would have done it differently given his own set of skills but at least they were on the same page.

When Cris turned around and held up his straw Rowan showed him his matching one.
"Looks like you and me, grasshopper," he said with a smile. "We'll turn you into a Mario Kart champion."

While this was going on he answered Cris once again. [Much as I hate to have to keep my hands off you, yeah... it might be a lot of fun to let him dangle for a bit. How long exactly is 'long?' It's already been fifteen minutes and I... want to hold you.]

Rowan gave a little sigh; let Eiryk think he secretly didn't want to team with Cris. It would serve to help uphold their story. Eiryk didn't need to know that Rowan was sighing because what he really wanted was currently unattainable even though it was within inches.
Eiryk 13 years ago
Eiryk gave Alex an odd little look. He was always careful. He just wasn't good at it was all. But the look dissolved into a grin.

"I have yet to put a utensil of any kind through my eye!"

He declared triumphantly. Of course, that could change at any second. Although, he was quite surprised that Christian was will willing to have him for security after that little display of coordination. He might just call the man's bluff and show up one night. Serve Christian right if he did.

Straws were drawn and teams lined up as they would have without that little extra step. Eiryk would have protested except, this meant he was playing with Alex and if they hadn't considered it this would throw Rue and Christian together. Huh, was that reluctance? Maybe. It could be. It was hard to tell.

"All for the best this way. At least one team won't pass out before the night is over."

That much was true. Eiryk didn't much want to subject Alex to a hang over like last week if they didn't have to. There was also the tricky mechanic of getting home if there was a lot of losing involved.

He leaned over to Alex and muttered.

"You know I'm not very good at this one right?"

Alex knew. But it didn't hurt to remind him.

"So this is all on you if you want to get out of here sober."

Maybe he could get Pak in here as a ringer, she was rather lethal with the game. Sure small Asian woman looked just like him. No one would notice... right?
Alex concealed an expression of surprised when Christian turned to face him, very clearly holding out one straw in particular. He quickly understood what Christian had just done, but facing out into the room as he was he couldn't return the wink. He did hold his straw up when Christian asked who had drawn what, offering up a wry smile.

"It was meant to be," he said with a soft laugh. He smiled as Eiryk leaned over to him, turning his head and kissing his boyfriend softly on the lips.

"Yeah I know. You'll do just fine," Alex said. He slipped his arm around Eiryk's waist and squeezed. "It'll be good. You're worth a hangover."

He grinned at Eiryk, happy to have wound up with the result he had wanted even if it was through a little misdirection. He shrugged.
"We don't have to get out sober. We just have to get out upright."

The point of a drinking game, after all, was to get drunk. Alex would be surprised if anyone walked away from this stone cold sober. He watched as Rowan turned the game system on and synched the controllers. He'd played this a couple of times, but not many. It wasn't terribly difficult. Until you had a few drinks, he imagined.
Christian shrugged as if unconcerned and then went to dip a piece of green apple into the cheese, munching on it while looking over at the others. "Probably for the best to separate the big league drinkers from the rest of us who have yet to burn a hole through their gut."

He returned Rowan's send with an inward chuckle while pulling out glasses and setting them next to the coasters. The confession and soft sigh were charming; Christian glanced up at his team mate for a moment [The feeling is mutual but its for a good cause. Think of it as a distraction strategy while he's trying to puzzle it out maybe he won't be concentrating as hard. ] Of course it would probably distract them both as well but Cris knew that would have happened either way. He could barely look at Rowan without thinking lustful thoughts, touching him would just make it worse. New relationships were like that but the sex was great and if you lost a few video games because of it, well so be it.

Christian smiled at Alex and said. "There's a guest bedroom so if you don't want to wander on a drunken quest through the halls..." He grinned at Rowan. "then there is an alternative."

He went to stand next to Rowan and wait to be told what to do or figure out whichever. At least he was a fairly quick visual learner so maybe they wouldn't end up too drunk.