Once Bitten... (attn Alex)

Eiryk kept looking at one of the clocks in his place and glowering at them. Treacherous bastards, each and every one of them had failed to wake him up and now he was cutting it close. OK, not close. He was going to be late, there was just nothing for it. Alex would be here any second Eiryk realized as he pulled on a pair of tight leather pants, and he should have been gone and come back by now.

He'd planned an ultra quick trip to The House of Pain tonight, he hadn't eaten in a while and, well he was hungry. Believe it or not interior designers did have emergencies and two of his employees had been out sick so he was covering them besides and then every other spare moment had been spent with Alex. He hadn't had time to hunt, he didn't now, but he did need to have something.

Taking a quick look in the mirror Eiryk frowned. He knew by the club's standards he was making a half-hearted effort at best. But, that worked as his heart wasn't really in it (just his stomach) and he was in a hurry besides. It would just have to do.

Crap! As he started to pull his shoes on Eiryk heard what could only be Alex opening the door. MARI didn't let his boyfriend wander just any where but Alex had lived here for a while and was a frequent visitor; he had leave to come and go to Eiryk's rooms. He shoved his other shoe on and tried to work out how to beg Alex for a little delay in the evening.

Alex Aristos 13 years ago
It was Saturday night and Alex was free until Monday morning. By mutual assent he'd agreed to spend the next two nights at Eiryk's apartment; Eiryk had been spending plenty of time at Alexander's now that Alex had Marie to train. He resettled his overnight bag on his shoulder as he stepped off the elevator on the 12th floor. This was like a little mini vacation he supposed. It had been too long since he'd spent time at Eiryk's and he was looking forward to it.

Opening the door and letting himself in, Alex felt his brows climb up his forehead at the sight of Eiryk, obviously ready to go somewhere. He wore a fitted, tailored silk shirt of sapphire blue over a pair of black leather pants. He closed the door behind him, looked down at his watch, and returned his gaze to Eiryk curiously.

"I didn't know we were going out," he said. Alex was definitely not dressed for a night out. He could fix that with a few minutes, but what was up with the leather pants?

He crossed the room to Eiryk and slipped his arm around the blonde's waist, pulling him close. "You should have called, I'd have dressed appropriately."

Alex took in Eiryk's expression and decided something was off. Eiryk looked... edgy. He was never edgy. He lowered his head, kissed Eiryk softly, and brushed his fingers through Eiryk's blonde hair.

"Everything okay?"
Eiryk 13 years ago
He was thrilled to see Alex, he always was but why did he have to look so... well... delicious. Absently Eiryk's fingers went through the motions of tying a knot or two even without his cord. But he gave Alex a cheeky grin all the same.

"We're not." Eiryk said, before stumbling over himself and clarifying he wasn't -not- ditching Alex. "I mean we can but it isn't quite what I had planned."

At least tonight he sort of planned indoor activities. He had some good movies picked out, some ignorable and some very watchable and a bottle or two of his mead chilling.

Mmmmmm Alex kiss. Eiryk was happy enough to lean into that broad chest and just go along with being kissed. No, he didn't need to eat. They could stay in that would be just fine, maybe he'd get a bite tomorrow or the night after. He wasn't starving yet.

"You know what, you're right let's stay in."

Eiryk was used to things, er, being less than subtle when Alex was around and being all smoochy and touchy, tonight though, it was his fangs. Good thing too because the pants weren't going to hide -anything-. With another grin Eiryk leaned in for another kiss. However, now that Alex knew about him Eiryk wasn't being as careful to hide his canines.

"Nothing's wrong. Minor work stuff but that is all totally forgotten until Monday. Cross my heart."

Nope the weekend was about them, not work, not anything else. Just them.
There were a lot of fangs involved in Eiryk's kiss tonight. Alex was getting used to that but for some reason it seemed like Eiryk had two or three thousand of them tonight. He pulled Eiryk away from him a little bit, his hands on Eiryk's shoulders, and peered at him closely.

"Okay," he said. "You're sure though?"

He was immediately on his guard; Eiryk had promised him no more lies but Alex couldn't shake the feeling that his boyfriend wasn't telling him everything right now. Then Eiryk seemed to relent a little bit and said there were a few things going on at work. That, Alex could understand.

"Minor issues. Anything you want to tell me about?"

Hiking his backpack up over his shoulder he kept his arm around Eiryk's waist as they went further into the apartment. Alex turned them into the bedroom so he could put down his bag. That done he sat on the bed and removed his sneakers. He didn't like tromping around on Eiryk's rugs with them on.

He wondered briefly about the reason for Eiryk's clothing; not that he was complaining. He found the leather and silk ridiculously appealing. Eiryk had never worn anything like this that Alex had ever seen. He thought it was pretty hot.
Eiryk 13 years ago
"Mmmm hmmmm no worries."

He wasn't worried. That wasn't a lie. He was hungry. Not starving, not desperate, not doing himself any harm just hungry. He'd take care of it later and it would be fine. So it wasn't a lie.

About then Eiryk noticed his fangs and that they hadn't retracted. He just shrugged it off though. It wasn't like he couldn't control himself.

"Flu season. Two designers out with it, my receptionist is on deaths door but refusing to admit it, and three deadlines. Not to mention this weather has backed up some cargo shipments I had coming in from Europe. But nothing that can't be managed."

Once Alex had gotten his shoes off Eiryk cheerfully pushed him back on the bed and wound up straddling him. He hadn't planed to just tackle his boyfriend but right now it seemed like a really good idea. The kiss Eiryk laid on him was deep and long, like he almost forgot Alex needed to breath long. When he did remember that Eiryk switched his attentions to Alex's neck. There, however, he was exceptionally careful. Fangs got no where near Alex's neck. He'd promised no more biting and he meant it.

"What about you? How's the girl working out... and did you have any plans for tonight I need to be aware of?"
"Flu season sucks," Alex agreed. He was thankful for his own good health; he was rarely if ever sick. "Anything I can help with?"

Eiryk couldn't be at his office during the day obviously, but Alex might be able to help out here and there if he could find the time. Definitely in the evenings on Tuesday and Thursday. He had an hour or two before Eiryk was up and moving, normally.

He laughed as Eiryk pushed him back on the bed and climbed on top of him, returning that deep, long kiss while he slid his hands beneath Eiryk's shirt and up that strong, muscular back. Eiryk let him breathe after a few minutes and began to kiss Alex's neck. No teeth, Alex noticed, just lips and warm tongue. He sighed happily.

Eiryk's next question made him blink for a second. What? They were back to discussing work again?

"She's fine," he said shortly, far more interested in other things. "Learns fast. And this was sort of the plan."

Alex pulled Eiryk down once more and paused. Eiryk still looked edgy. Only now he suspected the cause. "Hungry, love?"

Eiryk had never bitten him again since that first time in Alexander's apartment. Alex knew he fed elsewhere, obviously, but as he adjusted to the idea of Eiryk's unusual dietary needs he found it was less repulsive and more appealing to offer his own blood to Eiryk.

He drew Eiryk's head closer to his neck and tilted his head away.
"I'm here," he said, "if you need something, take it."
Eiryk 13 years ago
"Only if you can put the finishing touches on a Federalist dinning room."

Eiryk said with a peculiar mix of lust and good humor. It was sweet of Alex to offer, but it wasn't anything he could help with. Besides, he could manage, it would just take some extra planning.

He muttered something that might have been a 'that's nice' or an 'oh good' or an 'yes I'll have fries with that. It was a little hard to tell, his mouth was busy and Alex's hands were distracting him quite a bit. To the point that Eiryk had all but forgotten he'd asked a question about Alex's new hire.

Having moved on to attempts to divest Alex of his shirt he only barley caught the offer. He paused and considered it, trying not to lick his lips. Yes, he was hungry, but Alex had hit him the last time he'd bitten him. Eiryk wasn't looking to fight.

Still straddling his boyfriend Eiryk looked down at him with a slightly fangy grin.

"Am I being transparent? I was on my way out to eat, but I over slept and then you were here... it will keep."

It was less a 'no thank you' and more of an 'are you sure... oh and you're not going to hit me again are you?' Eiryk didn't plan on turning down Alex but this had to be his decision, not Eiryk acting on instinct.
Alex wriggled from his shirt and spent a few seconds slowly unbuttoning Eiryk's. "Well I figured I'd offer," he said, shrugging his shoulders.

He smoothed his hands up Eiryk's chest and down his shoulders, sliding the blue silk from them to pool around Eiryk's narrow waist. He wasn't going to lie; being jumped by his boyfriend the moment he walked through the door was pretty hot.

He frowned when Eiryk didn't quite say no but also didn't say yes.
"I'm offering," he said, brown eyes looking concerned. "It's okay Eiryk. Really."

Alex sat up up the bed, holding Eiryk against him so that his boyfriend was sitting in his lap, still straddling him. He tugged at the sleeves of Eiryk's shirt, removing it all the way and setting it aside.

"Why go out when you can eat at home?" He smiled at Eiryk, a reassuring smile this time. He didn't mind. He would rather feed Eiryk himself than have him wander around looking for something. Or someone.
Eiryk 13 years ago
And then Alex was topless, his evening was half way to perfect. Three guesses as to what needed to happen for perfect. Eiryk, however, had absolute faith that they'd get around to that soon enough.

Of course, when Alex sat up Eiryk came damned close to falling off Alex and out of bed. He hadn't been ready for that and then combined with his natural grace... there was arm flailing and grabbing of hot Greek man to keep him from breaking his neck.

"Well I don't seem to be dressed for going out any more."

He went back to nuzzling Alex's neck and otherwise attempting to divest Alex of his clothes. He'd be happy to eat in, but Alex should get something out of this too.

Bracing his knees on the bed he again shoved Alex back down and stretched out on top of him.

"I do like home cooking."

Eiryk half purred. He loved that Alex was offering and very much looking forward to dinner now. This was better than a hurried nibble from a stranger.
"I don't know, you look pretty damn hot in those pants and nothing else," Alex said. "You could still go out."

He laughed as he was shoved back onto the bed and helped Eiryk with the rest of his clothing. Before too long he was completely naked and Eiryk.. well, Eiryk wasn't. And that was totally unfair.

Alex shook his head at Eiryk anyway though.
"It's a Greek thing," he said, "I'm genetically predisposed to want to feed you."

He nudged Eiryk as the blonde stretched out on him. "The pants are hot," he said, "but you should get out of them now."

Alex grinned at Eiryk a little wickedly.
Eiryk 13 years ago
"Yeah, but you know how it is. No shirt no shoes no service."

Eiryk breathed between kisses and non-flesh piercing nibbles. He was going to have to exercise a certain amount of control or Alex would be doing more than feeding him. And it would be easy to get lost in a bite, he snacked on Alex before (without permission) and had quite enjoyed it.

"I seem to remember that particular trait of your people."

He did too. Eiryk had been through Greece on more than one occasion and for some reason people kept trying to feed him and not his standard diet.

"Then let's work on that then."

Between the two of them the set to work on getting the pants off. But no matter how good he looked in the leather it wasn't easy to just slither out of. Still, or again it was hard to tell, straddling Alex Eiryk was trying to work them down past his knees, wobbled and almost in slow motion fell off the bed.

"Pants!"

Was all he managed to say before he tumbled onto the floor and was suddenly looking up at Alex.
Alex tried to look sympathetic but it was difficult. "You said 'service,'" he said, continuing to leer a little.

He couldn't help it. Eiryk was irresistible sometimes. Most times really.

Everything seemed to go as planned until they began to work on the tight leather pants Eiryk had somehow managed to get himself into earlier. Alex probably should have seen it coming. In fact, really, he did see it coming, but in his prone position there was little he could do to stop it as Eiryk went tumbling backwards over the side of the bed with a yelp.

Rolling to his stomach Alex peered over the side if the bed, unable to repress his laughter.
"You okay?"

It was a rhetorical question... Eiryk was hardly going to be injured by that little tumble. "Well you did make one thing easier at least."

He stretched his arm out, grabbed the end of Eiryk's pants leg, and tugged the clothing free.

"Much better. Now get up here."
Eiryk 13 years ago
Freedom! Alex had saved him from his pants and was now his hero. He didn't even mind the laughter. It made the whole moment that much warmer and more .. well... more.

"Oh I'm fine. I was thinking about redoing the room in a Japanese motif and thought I'd try having my way with you on the floor."

Eiryk paused regarding Alex thoughtfully.

"So... what are you doing up there?"

Apparently waiting for him. New motif or not, he didn't have to be told twice. Eiryk scrambled to his feet and back up onto the bed with out any hesitation at all. He half jumped on to the bed happily 'attacking' Alex. Each kiss became deeper and more suggestive as he worked his way up from the flat plane of Alex's stomach, chest shoulders and then his neck.

He nuzzled, he teased one side, then the other and then finally almost delicately slid his fangs through the skin and drank his fill. Eiryk had a few years on him, so it didn't take too much, but he drank slowly, savoring and when he finished lightly kissed the two puncture wounds closed.
Alex smiled as his demand was met. Arms full of lustful, hungry vampire, he rolled his head back and turned it away as Eiryk bit into his neck gently but firmly. As before, the feeling was erotic, exciting, and threatened to overwhelm him. It didn't, but only barely.

When Eiryk had finally finished and was laving Alex's neck with his tongue Alex grinned at him.
"Better now?"

Eiryk nodded and it was Alexander's turn to pounce. There was very little conversation for the next hour or so.

Later, when they both lay back on the pillows of the big bed, sated in numerous ways, Alex twined his fingers into Eiryks and sighed happily.

"This place always feels like home to me for some reason."
Eiryk 13 years ago
Yeah... he liked home cooking. And as someone once said 'the dress code was easier'. Of course he wasn't going to throw away the leather just yet. He couldn't always eat in. But he wasn't worried about that. Now he just rearranged pillows so that he could rest his head on Alex's chest instead. He couldn't quite explain it but he liked listening to his boyfriend's heartbeat. It was soothing and reminded him Alex was alive, strong and alive and right there.

Reaching back he ran his fingers through Alex's hair.

"Cause it is. You're here, I'm here... it is home. Same for your place."

It really was that simple for Eiryk. Despite the look of his apartment and his enjoyment of more luxury than was strictly necessary, Eiryk could be perfectly happy any where that he wasn't going to get a sun burn and that had Alex. He didn't even need running water.

He wanted to renew his standing offer. Alex could move back in. For a change though Eiryk knew better than to say that, not with Marie just starting and Alex wanting to be there for her. He'd be a good vampire and take his extra few hours and leave it at that. For now.
Alex wrapped his arms around Eiryk as the blonde head rested on his chest. Eiryk did that a lot, and he wasn't sure why. Maybe it was the difference in their heartbeats. Even after an energetic bout in bed like that Eiryk's had slowed back down considerably fairly quickly.

"I'm good with two homes. So long as you're in them," Alex said. He stroked his hands up and down Eiryk's back, enjoying the lazy slack-muscled feeling of satisfaction on multiple levels.

They both dozed lightly for a little while, not ready for bed yet but just enjoying a good start to a hard-earned weekend. When they were finally up and moving again Alex used Eiryk's phone for a rare pizza delivery order and they moved themselves out to the couch for a movie.

"So," Alexander said as he considered the combination of mead and pizza, "how often do you, you know... eat?"
Eiryk 13 years ago
"Of course I am."

Eiryk just smiled. It was a small concession to make. Alex was making big ones so Eiryk didn't mind spending most of their time over at Alex's. Although he was plotting a bigger bed for Valentine's Day. That, however, wasn't entirely selfless of course that might also be why Alex would let him get away with it. They'd just have to see.

Huh, he'd never thought of mead and pizza. He'd spent some time frowning at the two things and debating flavor profiles. He was going to need to come up with a new blend for this. Something more complimentary. Pizza and coke seemed popular as well as pizza and beer Eiryk lazily munched on a slice and thought about this until Alex said something.

A question! Amen Hallelujah! Eiryk was waiting for a divine light to come from the heavens. Since one didn't though, he answered.

"Well... have to and do are two different questions. If I push I can go about two weeks but I usually don't wait that long. I eat when there is an opportunity."

Habit. You never knew when you were going to find a meal again so Eiryk didn't turn his nose up at a snack when it was handy.
Alex frowned at this new information. Every two weeks. Eiryk hadn't seemed to take a lot of blood from him but that was still a little frequently for him. He considered that while he ate his vegetable-covered pizza.

"Don't they realize they've been... bitten?" He asked. But then he reconsidered. Eiryk had bitten him on several occasions without his knowledge. Eiryk had that super strange psychic power though, or whatever it was, to influence people. It had to be some kind of built in defense.

"Never mind," he said, waving his hand at Eiryk. "I remember... the mental mojo."

He smiled at Eiryk. No hard feelings on the mojo. He understood, really, the reason for using it. He didn't have to like it but he understood it.
Eiryk 13 years ago
Eiryk cleared his throat a little uncomfortably and set down his pizza so he could give his full attention to the mead. He would have let the question slide but he couldn't leave Alex in ignorance either. For some idiot reason he was more worried about Alex now that he knew he was a vampire than before.

"Most of the time... no. you learn how to do it without being noticed. Not all of us can do that little trick, some of us have a stronger ability. It all depends. And sometimes you want people to remember."

Whether it be to hurt them, drive them crazy or as in this case because it was special. It had been a heady experience biting Alex with his permission. Intimate, closeness and sharing; Eiryk strongly approved of this.
Alex stopped with his pizza halfway to his mouth and set it down. "All of you," he repeated slowly.

He hadn't thought about how many Eiryks were out there. Somehow, just taking in the fact that there was one at all seemed like enough to handle. Alex cleared his throat, took a sip of his mead, and determinedly bit into his pizza again.

Swallowing, he tried to act casual as he said,
"So exactly how many are 'all of us?'"

Apparently Alex did have lots of questions to ask. He just had no idea how to phrase them or, really, what all of them were yet. He'd figure it out. If Eiryk had wanted him to ask, he'd get around to it soon enough.
Eiryk 13 years ago
He should have seen that coming. Really he should have. Some days Eiryk had a gift for timing.

"Honestly I don't know. It isn't like we take roll every night or have support groups. I'd say... more than a couple but less than taking over the world."

That was a safe enough answer. Eiryk was trying to work out how Alex would react if he knew that he'd cooked that brilliant Thanksgiving dinner and had been the only human at the table. He wasn't going to spill the beans on any one though. He wasn't going to point out that Alex was currently hanging out in vampire central, at least as far as Evenhet went. He did, however, think he needed to elaborate some.

"We aren't common, not really." Just a little more common in Nachton. "But there are enough of us that we've organized into three clans with three slightly different ways of looking at things. Like I said though, more often than not the goal is to blend in."

The last thing Eiryk wanted was Alex jumping at shadows, afraid to go out at night, or seeing vampires on every corner.