Caffene fix

Yeah, it was 9pm and she was on her way home. She still had a mountain of paperwork to do with the organizing of some things she had found to help Sabine. She would be up till all hours of the night, and might even just make it an all nighter. She wanted to have a good showing for when she brought the first report of ideas for her possible employer.

Wearing tight low cut jeans, a huge oversized sweater of thick brilliant blue wool that looked more like a minidress than a sweater, knee length slender black stilleto boots, and a black leather jacket with her red hair falling around her shoulders, she headed into the convenience store for some red bull or mountain dew or something with the power to keep her up and alert. She nodded to the clerk and went to find the windows of drinks that were almost always along the back walls of such places. She walked along the selection and found some coffee drinks.

"Perfect." She smiled with a mutter of achievement.

Sorcha 13 years ago
Sorcha looked down at Gwyn and asked him to stay outside. "I will be back. I just want something to drink." It was cold outside and a nice cup of hot coffee would be perfect while they were both outside for a walk.

"I wouldn't hang about too long, Sister. This isn't the safest neighborhood."

The redhead glanced up to see an elderly black woman, her arms folded across her chest, gazing at the busy street with a concerned frown on her face.

"I will be alright."

"Suit yourself." She shrugged and wandered off.

Sorcha wandered toward the back of the store. Picking up an empty cup, she found the medium roast coffee and then went to add sugar and creme. There was another redhead standing at the counter and Sorcha didn't want to be rude and simply reach over her.

Tapping lightly on the counter to get her attention, Sorcha signed
, "Excuse me." and then gestured to the coffee condiments.
Nara Baker 13 years ago
Nara glanced up as she stirred creamer into the cup of coffee that she had decided on for the now purchase along with the cold versions of the coffee drinks she had picked up from the other section. She loved frapachinos. "Oh, sorry about that. I got to daydreaming a bit."

She moved aside careful of the two bottles caught between her arm and her chest, as she put the lid on the hot cup of coffee that she had been working with.

"Cold night out. You'd think I'd keep stocked up on this stuff at home, but never seem to remember to pick it up while I'm at the store." She chuckled punching the little opening free so she could sip on the drink as she looked at the snacks available next to the coffee section.
Aishe 13 years ago
It wasn't uncommon for Aishe to stop for hot cocoa on her way to Meridian. Even though she had a car now she still enjoyed the walk, and occasionally there was a chance for a snack along the way. The line at Starbucks was stupid long, though, and she didn't feel like waiting. So she ducked into the nearest convenience store with a blink or two at the enormous dog sitting patiently outside and decided to slum by getting a packet of cocoa and some hot water. Still, though, she planned to doctor it up with a hefty dose of half and half.

With her cup in one hand she found herself standing near two other women, one with a hot cup of coffee and the other with some kind of caffeinated drink. Aha. The lady with the hot coffee was someone she recognized by description if not by face. That explained the reason for the beast-of-burden-sized pooch outside. Being part of Security had its advantages.

"I guess I wasn't the only one who needed a fix tonight," she laughed softly with a smile.

She looked up into the eyes of the taller redhead who turned at the sound of Aishe's voice and her smile brightened, eyes crinkling at the corners. She offered a little nod to the smaller redhead as well.

((ooc: Permission to turn Sorcha around))
Sorcha 13 years ago
Sorcha favored the other woman with a shrug and a smile. There was not much she could add easily but she did at least sign, in case the stranger understood her. "This way you do not have to clean the pot."

She turned when another woman spoke. The shorter black haired woman was a familiar face. Turning towards her, she nodded and gestured with a raise of her coffee cup.
"Yes" She signed.

The person in front of her was somewhat infamous and had been quickly pointed out to Sorcha shortly upon arriving back in Nachton. The story of her turning was still hot news as far as the immortal world was concerned and Sorcha thought the whole thing would make an excellent novel.

Grinning in return, she sent. [Hello there, I'm sorry I can't speak but if you're alright with it I can send.]
Nara Baker 13 years ago
Nara had not been paying as close attention as she should have been to even notice the signing. She had just gathered from being tapped and the fact that the woman seemed to be getting coffee as well that she herself was in the way. When the second woman came up, she smiled and nodded. "Looks like it. Pulling an all nighter I think this evening and need the fix."

It was then that she caught sight of the first woman's communication with her hands. She didn't know sign language so bit her bottom lip with a wince of apology.

"I'm afraid I don't know what you are saying there." She glanced at the second woman. "You know sign?" She would love to learn and had thought about it a time or two, even checked out some books while she was in school. But about then her dad had gotten sick and such ideas were not as important to her any longer. Now though, she figured, it was as good a time as any.
Aishe 13 years ago
Aishe smiled wider at the voice in her head, much different from the ones she was used to but not unwelcome. She enjoyed sending. Kem used it incessantly; if he didn't have to speak she was certain he wouldn't at all. Without batting an eyelash she responded. [Of course, you're Sorcha, right? I'm Aishe.]

Um. Time for a coverup though. Turning to the other woman Aishe bit her lip.
"I speak some," she said. It was mostly truth. Aishe knew a very small bit of sign language, mostly limited to the question words, the alphabet, and some random phrases like, 'What's your name' and 'What time is it.' Really useful. Because, you know, I can't tell time so I'd better find a deaf person to ask. So let's teach that lesson first. Clearly, it's what everyone who wants to learn sign language is dying to know!

She had no idea what it was Sorcha had said previously though, so she glossed over it. She hadn't caught it all anyhow.
"So, an all-nighter? Are you studying for something? I'm Aishe, by the way."

Aishe had introduced herself to all kinds of people since coming to Nachton. While she might have suffered from shyness before, it wasn't a problem for her now.
Sorcha 13 years ago
Sorcha smiled and agreed, signing her response as she sent it. [Yes, I am Sorcha. I just arrived a few months ago. I've seen you in the Towers.]

Looking back to the other redhead and then back at Aishe, she sent. [I told her that the good thing about not having a stock of coffee handy was that she didn't have to clean the pot.]

Aishe was asked if she spoke sign; Sorcha waited to hear the answer to that.

"Nice Save by the Egyptian!" Marcus laughed, leaning against the counter. "She's quick."

Grinning, she signed to both of them and sent to Aishe [My dog, Gwyn, is outside being very patient. Do either of you see anything that would make a good treat?]

There was not much healthy to be had here; she was loathe to buy him food but maybe they had some toy balls or something that would work.

((OOC: Sorry playing WoW))
Nara Baker 13 years ago
"Oh good. I don't have hands free to get paper out to have her write it out for me." She indicated the starbucks frapp bottles clutched in her right arm with the hand holding the coffee at the end of the other arm. Her purse was over her shoulder hanging between her body and the arm with the coffee.

At the question about her own all night comment, she shook her head. "Getting ready for a new job. Want to have everything ready to impress my potential boss." She explained. "I'm Nara. Nice to meet you."

She glanced over as the other woman's hands began to move again. Then back to Aishe for a translation with a hope filled glance.
Aishe 13 years ago
"You too Nara. Uh, this is Sorcha. She said before that at least you don't have to clean your own coffee pot this way."

Aishe kept the dialogue up while she answered Sorcha as well. Fortunaely she'd had some practice at this, otherwise holding several conversations at once was bound to get confusing. [Yes, I work there with my creator, Chris. I help out in the archives from time to time too. I've seen you with Gwyn; he's beautiful.]

She nodded at Nara even while she responded to Sorcha.
"Also, she's looking for a treat for her dog Gwyn, the enormous dog waiting patiently outside."

Aishe pondered that a moment. There wasn't any food here that was really suitable for dogs, she didn't think. There was a toy aisle though. "Does he fetch?" She asked Sorcha. "They might have tennis balls."

The aisle in question was visible from where they stood. Aishe wandered that way a few steps and peered down it, glancing over her shoulder at Nara.
"So what is it you're going to be doing?"
Sorcha 13 years ago
She wandered over to the aisle that Aishe mentioned and answered her question once she got there. [Yes, he loves fetching, anything you let him,really: balls, frisbees, small children...]

Sorcha picked up one of the plastic cans and then turned back to the conversation. She waved the evidence in her hand before tucking it under her arm. Signing her reply while she sent. [ Thank you]

She was glad Aishe had asked Nara what she was going to be doing because Sorcha was curious as well.

[I was just going to ask you to ask that.] Sorcha sent with a smirk. It had to be annoying to play mediator but sadly she was quite used to the situation. She accepted that it was helpful, even if it felt somewhat rude to put the burden on a near stranger. It was easier than writing everything down.

Taking a sip of her coffee, she waited for the answer. Sorcha also decided she needed a touch more cream. A problem that was easily fixed.
Nara Baker 13 years ago
"Nice to meet you as well, Sorcha." She smiled in a warm friendly manner. She didn't raise her voice as she had seen some do with those that couldn't speak. Apparently Sorcha could either hear or was able to read lips as she seemed to watch Nara when she spoke like someone interested in the conversation, or perhaps someone watching lips move. Either way, raising the voice was rather silly to do. At least she always thoughts so. She'd also seen someone do it for a blind person. That had made her roll her eyes.

She chuckled at the comment about the pot. "Yeah. That is helpful." She agreed with a nod. She frowned in thought as she looked at the snacks available.
"Beef Jerky? I think I came in before her, so didn't see a dog. What kind is it?" She asked glancing back to Sorcha with curiosity.

"Oh good idea, Aishe." She exclaimed at the suggestion about fetching type toys. Seeing Sorcha find something she grinned. "Wooohoo. Customers 2 Store zilch." She quipped.

"Well, if all goes well, I'll be researching a hotel that is said to be haunted. From what I've found so far, it has every right to be. That place has some major history." She gave them the name of the place and the location as well in case they knew of it. Sometimes local legend was more informative than the published kind. She wondered if they had heard of the place and had other tales to tell her about it.
Aishe 13 years ago
Aishe thought the sign for thank you was fairly universal so she just smiled and said, "You're welcome."

In a voice tinted with amusement she asked Sorcha further, [Does he bring back many stray children, then? I can't imagine that goes over well at Liefde.] It was hard not to laugh while she sent it; the noise would have seemed out of place considering their current conversation with Nara but the image was humorously absurd to Aishe.

She lifted her shoulders to Nara.
"Something big. Is he a wolfhound?" She looked at Sorcha for the answer; Aishe was no expert but it didn't really take one to recognize a dog that size for what he was.

Aishe listened to Nara's new job and her eyes grew slightly wider. "Cool," she said enthusiastically.
"That sounds like fun. I've never heard of the place but maybe the Historical Society has some information on it."

She looked at Sorcha questioningly too; just because she'd only been in town for a few months didn't mean she hadn't been to Nachton before. She was probably more likely to recognize the name of the hotel and Aishe was interested now, too.
Sorcha 13 years ago
Sorcha smiled and gave Nara a nod of greeting.

Looking thoughtful at the suggestion of beef jerky, she turned to Aishe and signed. [I am sure Gwyn would go completely barmy for the it but I don't think it would be very good for him. All the salt and preservatives. I'm fairly certain most of the stuff isn't even natural.]

She nodded at Aishe when she explained what kind of dog, Gwyn was.

Shrugging at the mention of the hotel's name. Sorcha signed [ I'm afraid I don't know it. The job sounds interesting though. I wonder why she is researching it. Is she doing an article on ghosts or something?]

"Wouldn't that just be a riot?" Marcus laughed and mimicked her voice. " Cor Blimey! I know just the person to help with that!"

Sorcha resisted the urge to glare at the man only she could see. Instead she mentally answered him. "I don't say Cor Blimey."

Marcus cocked an eyebrow at her and looked ready to cite dates and times.
Nara Baker 13 years ago
"Oh wow, that is a big dog. I would have noticed it if it had been there when I arrived." She nodded looking quite impressed.

"I've been looking there. I've found a lot of information. Just need to get it organized and into an attractive set of proposals." She explained further as she watched Sorcha signing again and waited to hear Aishe explain what had been said.

"I am hoping to have ideas to make the hotel more of a draw to customers. She wants to use the ideas to focus on that kind of setting. Like with all the ghost hunters kind of shows on tv right now. I mean wouldn't it be awesome cool to stay the night in a room where something big happened?"
Aishe 13 years ago
Aishe decided she was going to start paraphrasing. She didn't think Sorcha would mind... and Nara certainly wouldn't know.

"Beef jerky might be salty for him," she said with a shrug, "although she suspects Gwyn would disagree." She smiled a little. What dog wouldn't go 'barmy,' as Sorcha put it, for beef anything?

Nara ended up answering Sorcha's question unintentionally before Aishe could ask it. She laughed.
"Well that's pretty much what Sorcha wanted to know. So, you're marketing I guess? Advertising? Are you writing an article or something?"

She raised her eyebrows at Nara, sipping at her hot cocoa.
"I don't know. I don't like scary things," she said hesitantly. "I don't think I'd like to spend a night in a room where someone was murdered or there's supposed to be a ghost."

She glanced at Sorcha. "Maybe if I had Gwyn around. He looks like he could take out a zombie or ten."
Sorcha 13 years ago
Sorcha chuckled softly at the thought of Gwyn chasing around the undead. She supposed technically he did that at least once a day. Perhaps that made him a professional by now.

[I see ghosts all the time. I have to say they are not very conducive to getting a good night's sleep. ]

She supposed for most people death was a mystery and therefore highly fascinating. Pondering that for a moment she wondered. [ I'm sure there are plenty of people who would find the whole concept absolutely brilliant. What do you suppose they do when nothing happens except for some snoring from the next room over?]

"Oh come on now, Sorcha." Marcus rolled his eyes. "Surely, you get that they'd make sure there is some kind of 'disturbance' from the other side. We ghosts are all bonkers, you know. Waiting to pounce on the latest mortal to get near our happy haunting ground."

"You're a nut, that one's for sure." She replied inwardly to his banter.

Answering Aishe, she said [I think Gwyn would happily protect you from the Zombie Apocalypse. He's a good dog, very loyal. And exposed bones just begging to be buried would be an added incentive.]
Nara Baker 13 years ago
Nara laughed. "Yeah, the dogs we had around back home in Uvalde like most anything that was meat based. But there is more going on out there that is about nutrition for animals. So, best be careful." A faithful friend should be given the best after all.

"Oh, really, how's that for luck. I just realized that I hadn't really made it clear about what I was doing. Its for a portfolio of ideas for themes of rooms and things like that. Though I am also working on writing some articles. I want to be a journalist and maybe an author, but I had to get a steady income to live off of first." She explained glancing between the two women.
Aishe 13 years ago
Aishe raised an eyebrow at Sorcha. "Good question." She 'translated' again for Sorcha, still paraphrasing. [I'm sorry,] she said honestly, [I just don't want to get it wrong and confuse everyone. Myself mostly.]

To Nara she said, "Sorcha said she wonders what happens when all those people hear is snoring from the next room.. and she added that she didn't think she'd sleep too well, herself." Aishe shrugged. "I wouldn't either," she agreed with Sorcha. "Even if they didn't engineer anything spooky, I'd be a little freaked out."

Aishe nodded at Nara. "Sounds like the perfect job for an aspiring writer, then. You can probably get super creative doing that."

Inwardly, she laughed at Sorcha's assessment of her own dog as a zombie guardian. [Next time we get rampaged by zombies, I'll know who to run to.]
Sorcha 13 years ago
[Paraphrasing is perfectly acceptable. Indeed, explaining to her that I see dead people would likely have brought an end to the conversation or a request for a demonstration. Its hard to tell. My sideshow hours are over for the evening, however. I'm knackered and playing mysterious medium is a lot of work.]

Sorcha remained silent on the matter of the would be author. She found that everyone had a story and almost everyone thought they were qualified to tell it. Nara might actually be a very good writer but until she had done more on her own Sorcha would not encourage her. Writing was a tough business full of esteem breaking rejection, impossible deadlines and tough critics. It wasn't for everyone.

The hotel did sound interesting though and Sorcha wondered whether there were ghosts there to be seen by those who seemed capable of it. She hoped it did very well along with Nara's research.

[Excellent! More's better when dealing with zombies. Less likely that your the slow one that way. ]
Nara Baker 13 years ago
Nara gave a chuckle at that mental image. "I don't know yet. But I would imagine there are some plans in the works for something. I haven't actually started yet, so don't know the details. I just know its to have themes from the actual historic and legendary events both in the hotel itself, and the area around it." She shrugged.

"It perked my interest even if I don't get to keep the job." She admitted.

Nara wasn't sure if she'd be freaked out or not. She was willing to find out though.
"It's already got me starting a few articles that I hope to get published in one of the local papers. This town has some amazingly dark history. Missing people, parts being found but not enough to complete the body before burial, and the legends of supernatural creatures and beings alone could fill a book."