Coffee for one (( Open ))

In the heart of winter very few people braved the outdoor seating at the little sidewalk cafe. Even with the heating lamps blazing on the patio, most preferred to be tucked away inside close to the roaring fire and the delicious aromas from the pastry counter. But on this cool Tuesday evening there was one blonde sitting snuggled up in her leather and fur edged coat, sipping a cup of steaming cafe au lait. The coat's hood was pulled up partially and her warm blonde hair spilling out was a sharp contrast to the dark mink fur. Peeking out in between the jacket's front several brightly colored strands of beads glimmered in the light against her stretchy black knit turtleneck. Long legs wrapped in soft ebony leather were stretched out under the table and the toe of her boot clad foot tapped against the table's leg lightly, in tune with a song she hummed to herself.

Amberelle looked up from the cup she had clasped in her hands and sighed softly. Her golden eyes roamed the crowd, a touch of sadness in them. "Just another day here.. no parades, celebrations or parties. How... sad." Yay... Fat Tuesday. she mumbled to herself.

She was homesick, she knew that. She'd expected it when she left New Orleans behind to come here. It was just being lonely that she hadn't counted on affecting her so much. The young Anantya looked away from the crowd and picked absently at one of the pastries on her plate.

OOC : Feel free to join her or bother her, she's lonely!

Ginnie 18 years ago
Ginnie exited onto the patio from the restraunt, carrying a cup of coffee and a plate. She had a mark in the building across the street that still had a few hours left in his shift and she needed to get to know his work habits. She had very little intel on him and was glad there was a cover establishment across from him. She was considering herself lucky to have his name, place of employment and a general knowledge of his work shift.

She was surprised to see someone else on the patio, the woman looked a bit sad. 'Perfect cover.' This night was looking up up up.

"Wow, I guess I'm not the only crazy person who likes to be outside on Fat Tuesday. You'd think they would have a parade or at the very least a party." She gave the blonde a bright warm smile, and manage to put it in her eyes. "Mind if I join you?"

She let her accent come full and think. It helped with the cover, and besides what Irish Catholic worth her salt didn't celebrate Fat Tuesday.

((Ginnie was feel lonely as well, thanks for the company.))
Amberelle DeEspionne 18 years ago
Looking up when she heard the stranger's voice, Amby automaticly gave her a polite, just friendly enough smile. Years of good breeding made it instinctive and she was thankful. It came in handy not to have to put any effort into the small niceties. Straightening up in her chair some, she grinned a little at what she considered a gross understatement.

Oui, you took the words right out of my mouth, she chuckled. Moving her plate a little more in front of her to make room, she nodded towards the free chair. Please, I'd love some company. "And maybe some after dinner snacking," she added to herself. It had been too long since her last feeding, being depressed had a tendency to screw with her priorities.

If I was still living back home I'd be well into the parade by now, getting my quota of boob flashes for the year. Never thought I could miss that. Her accent was a little thicker than normal, huskier from her emotions and she cleared her throat softly to try and clear it.

Waiting, Amberelle held out her hand when she was seated and settled.
My name's Amberelle.
Ginnie 18 years ago
"Thanks" Ginnie set her cup and plate on the table and moved the offered chair over just a touch, so that she had a better view of her quarry as well as her new dinner partner.

"I'm Ginnie, nice to meet you." Why was that name so familiar? She knew she had heard it before, it is not like there are very many people named Amberelle. Well, she would figure it out soon enough.

"A back home with boob flashes and parades. You must be from New Orleans, or as I've been taught recently "Nawlin's"

She chuckled, Alec had corrected her more times than she cared to remember, but she just couldn't make herself say it that way, it just felt wrong on her tongue.
Taking a sip of her coffee, she pressed a hand to her lips and giggled softly as Ginnie corrected herself. Setting the cup down she looked over at the brunette with a genuinely warm smile. Don't feel bad, everyone not from there doesn't say 'Nawlins' it rolled off her tongue smooth and mellow. The natives are used to it. Did you visit there recently?

Pulling a small piece off of her croissant, the blonde nibbled as she listened.
Ginnie 18 years ago
Ginnie caught sight of her mark, noted he was busy serving and returned her attention back to Amberelle, with a chuckle.

"No, I live with a native."

She sipped from her coffee, the woman's name rolling around and around in her head. She was determined to find out why it was familiar.

"Though I do wish I had taken the time to visit before the hurricanes. Alec, the afore mentioned native, says that I missed out on one of America's treasures."
Oui, a real treasure indeed. A flicker of sadness passed over her face at the thought of all that had been destroyed just a few months before. Straitening her shoulders, she pushed off the negative thoughts and smiled at her companion. However, don't worry, you can visit it someday. The city will rebuild. There are some residents who will make certain of that! "Yeah, like my family. Gustav's been through who knows how many great fires and hurricanes.."Â? She smiled, amused as she pictured the normally immaculate Anantya disheveled and surrounded by rubble as he ranted about the destruction of this and that.

A delicate blonde eyebrow arched when Ginnie mentioned living with a native. "It shouldn't surprise me, so many people ended up displaced.. I just didn't realize this far north."Â? The other brow arched when she mentioned the name Alec. "It can't be a coincidence, how many people could end up here, with that name?"Â? Deciding she should be certain the young vampire gave a mental sigh and scratched the brunette off of her 'dinner' menu for the moment. The last thing she wanted was to end up snacking on someone special to her friend.

You know that's a strange coincidence.. I have a friend named Alec, from New Orleans, who lives here. Studying Ginnie curiously, she wondered if this was the certain lady friend she'd caught him shopping for a while back. What she could tell about the girl's figure seemed fitting.

My friend, he's the shy type, a little under six foot... dark hair and eyes.. She paused to see if the description would bring recognition.
Ginnie 18 years ago
Ah! Ha! Alec had mentioned her name, that was why it was familiar. She had been on a group outing with Nova and Jan and Alec.

"Blushes profusely, and cute as a button. Sounds like we're talking about the same man. And you must be the Amberelle he mentioned. It's nice to meet you."

She grinned and offered Amberelle her hand. Faces to names was always nice.
She shook Ginnie's hand and gave her a grin. You must be the lovely copine I caught him shopping for. Amby wondered how much Ginnie knew about, and had in common with, the young man. Time for a little information mining.

So you two are living together? My my.. that's got to be an adventure for you! The blink thing is a little weird isn't it? She gave the other woman a grin. Hopefully she would take it well and not think the blonde was picking on him... Too much, anyways.

So.. Are you in the same profession as him..? We had a few she paused ever so slightly business connections in common in New Orleans. We're affiliated with different organizations though.
Ginnie 18 years ago
"That would be me. The lingerie is lovely, you ladies did a great job." She chuckled softly. Alec was going to kill her.

"Adventure is an understatement, possibly the one of the year. Though you do get used to the blink thing. I don't notice it much anymore, unless I want to make him blush. Which is often."

She grinned and sipped from her coffee, her eyes wandering to her mark as she thought over how to answer the second question. There was only so much you could tell another person, especially if you didn't know if the were a biter or not and just who they bit for.

"Actually, I'm his boss. Our work is similar, but he has talents that I never will posess and vice versa, so we make a nice team. So did you two know each other back in New Orleans, or did you find out upon meeting here that you had mutual connections?"
Trying not to laugh too hard, Amberelle grinned at Ginnie. He's doing the boss? No wonder he was not too forthcoming with the details! I am never letting him live that one down.. So much material to work with, I can't wait.

At the next question it was her turn to take a sip of coffee and think for a moment. She still wasn't certain about the other woman's solar tolerance, or her clan affiliation.. if she even had one. Alec could certainly have a "cover" job, Amby knew that, so she couldn't assume knowledge on Ginnie's part about their shared covert operations. Setting her cup down, she nodded and shrugged in a non commital kind of way.

Actually we never officially met, I had seen him around a mutual business partner's shop a couple of times and vice versa but that was about it. 'How do you say, yeah he worked with my fence, to a total stranger? Well and not sound like a petty thief when you do.'

Tearing off another bite of croissant, she rolled around her next sentence for a second then asked, So have you met his family yet?
Ginnie 18 years ago
'Ah, hell. It's time to play "Are you a vampire?" Ginnie was never certain how the whole game was supposed to be played, did she just bare her fangs and ask if Amberelle was a biter or a bitee. Of course that could get her into some serious trouble. Well no that wasn't true. She could play the game, but never did it well. Mostly she just wanted to flash some fang and ask for their club card. She tried really hard not to snerk,and contemplated her answer.

"Well, now that is an interesting question. I guess you could say I've met his family. You could even say, I'm part of that family. Though our ties are kind of loose."

Yeah, make something of that. She mentally rolled her eyes. One day she was just going to start being blunt.
Ginnie's words weren't clear but they came through well enough to the blonde. For about the millionth time since she moved to Nachton, Amby wished they could just come up with a nice crest or some sort of symbol. Something that would look nice on a necklace or a ring. Maybe even a secret handshake / eye blink combo. *Anything*. Ah well. She didn;t know if Ginnie was kindred or familiar but it certainly sounded like she was affiliated with the Tachs. Well that clears that up at least.

I moved here last summer to stay with some family of my own.. Time to lay down my own 'hints'. Though.. they're all really old and stuffy, so I don't spend much time with them. She gave a slight smile and said rather wistfully, I get along better with Jan, Nova and Alec than I do any of them, that's for sure.
Ginnie 18 years ago
It seemed like they'd finished sniffing each other's butts and could talk about something else. From Amberelle's hints, she was Anantya or possibly Evenhet, but she'd never heard an Evenhet describe their own as old and stuffy. If she wasn't a vamp she was a familiar, which didn't sit well with Ginnie, as she had never heard of Anantya having familiars, but she could be way out in left field on that one.

"Ah, yes Jan, Nova and Alec, make an interesting trio."

She sipped from her coffee and took a bite of pastry.

"So is this the point we compare fang size and maker names? Or do we get to pretend we don't know what we know? I for one think we ought to wear pins like the fraternities at the colleges do, then we don't have any of this political nonsense. Or we could just have it tattooed to our cleavage."

Ginnie waggled her eyebrows at Amberelle and smiled wide enough that the tips of her fangs peeked out below her lips.

((I just know I'm breaking some cardinal vampire rule, but I'm a Tacharan doesn't that mean I get to say fuck the rules?))
Letting loose a large sigh of relief, she grinned at Ginnie. 'At least with the compare fangs comment that tells me she's no familiar,' Merde! I agree..! I've been rooting for a nice symbol we can wear as a necklace or an earring, you know something subtle.. But I like your frat pins idea. But probably too many of mine would find it "new fangled" and be afraid of it. She giggled and stuck the tip of her tongue out at the Tacharan, enough to let the tips of her own fangs peek out.

At least back home I'd grown up in the town, around the Clan, so I knew everyone I was allowed to associate with and there was none of this dancing around questions crap. Shrugging, she sipped the last of her coffee and glanced inside wondering where a waiter could be found. Too bad Alec just didn't tell you I was part of Anantya, could have saved us the trouble!
Ginnie 18 years ago
"Oh, how true. Though I must say life in the land of the young has not been wine and roses and so casual conversation is at a premium."

She looked up across the street and found her mark out in the ally smoking. 'Damnit, I hate smokers, but he has the connection I need so I have to take'm as I sees 'em.'

She turned back to Amberelle and sipped her coffee.

"So if Alec and I have a little to do, should I have boardwalk games and lingerie models or do you have other past times I can cater to?" She gave a wink and a smile. She and Alec really ought to get their friends together and have a bit of a shin dig or something.
Only if it's lingerie models.. with swords, she quiped and giggled. Slightly more serious, she continued, Ummm.. really though, a get together sounds like fun. I haven't seen those guys in a while. I've been meaning to chat with Alec and see what contacts he's gotten here in town but.. you know, never seems to be the right time.

She shrugged and made a little frowning, sour face. I think if I don't do something to make a little cash soon I'm going to resort to rolling people in alleys.
Ginnie 18 years ago
Ginnie wondered how much shit would hit the fan if she hired an Anantya. She needed another female runner, big time, but she doubted Simon would be very happy if she let Anantya in on her little black market thing. Maybe she wouldn't get murdered if she just had Amberelle make "deliveries." 'Shyeah right and I piss purple.'

"Well I'm always in need of delivery buh...persons." Ginnie chuckled at her slip and contemplated the situation as she watched her mark make out with some girl over the counter at the back of the little coffee bar he was pretending to work at.

"You could get a job, like a real one. I hear some of our people do that." She gave the blonde a wide grin and prepared to duck flying crockery.
Busting out with a rich, full on belly laugh Amberelle laughed until she was gasping for air and wiped away a slight tear from her eye. She felt a little bad, after all she was sure it was a serious and honest suggestion but.. Amberelle knew herself far too well.

I'm sorry.. I don't mean to offend you.. It's just I'm not the steady working type. There's very few skills I have good enough to "do" something with and I doubt knowing power shopping, social ettiquette, B&E or killing people would look too good on a resume.

Amby leaned back with a sigh and wiggled a chunk of pastry at Ginnie. Now, if I could find another drug deal to bust up and score a backpack of cash again I'd go for that in a heart beat. Good eats then too. She popped in her bite and gave a big grin.

For some reason she liked the woman beside her and found herself sharing things she hadn't even mentioned to her clan. "Maybe it's just from being lonely and it's nice to have another woman to talk to.." Amberelle had never had a vampire female friend. In her mind Nova was almost more like one of the guys than a possible gossip and shopping companion.
Ginnie 18 years ago
"Sounds like a car dealer's credentials. Come on, can't you see yourself all Vana-style over some little penis on wheels." She laughed at the literal image that gave her.

"You'd make a great car salesman...woman...person...thing."

She flashed a grin and drank the last of her coffee. Her mark had moved to the back room and she couldn't see him any more. 'Damn.'

"If my mark doesn't come back out, do you want to go hit up the docks for a late night snack. Those reprobates are always good for cash. The church usually ends up two or three hundred richer after I've gone a huntin' there."

Nothing like a girl friend. 'I am in severe lack of those. Carol was starting to become one and Nova...well Nova was Nova.' It would be nice to have someone "outside the business' to pal around with. You know sometimes she did actually want to be a girl.
Amberelle grimaced at the Vana White comment and shook her head with a mock shudder, because she could picture it and it was a scary image indeed. Glad for the subject change, she straightened up some and followed Gin's gaze across the street.

Sure thing, since you're off the menu now. But would you rather head over and try to track him down? I'd hate to cause you to miss a hit.. Frowning, Amby felt a twinge of anxiety for the Tacharan. Losing your mark was something very bad indeed, something she'd only done once in her decade as an assassin. The resulting beating had impressed the need to be more observant and she never forgot it.