Thanksgiving

I hope everyone had a lovely and tranquil Thanksgiving. I pulled the triple crown this year - no cooking, no cleaning AND I got to provide the entertainment for the family get together. About all that a body can ask for. Cheers!

Thaddeus Grey 18 years ago
Woot! I got no cooking, no cleaning, and I didn't have to entertain my family .
Nyra 18 years ago
Thanks Alec, mine was lovely and I too wish everyone had a delightful time!

But I did do some cooking on wednesday: seitan roast filled with stuffing, vegan green bean casserole, mushroom gravy and a delish chocolate cheesecake pie that was also vegan.

So it was fun and there was food edible for me.
Pakpao 18 years ago
Very nice thank you, hope everyone else gets to say the same.

Personally my family knows I am a menace in the kitchen and so I don't do the cooking or cleaning thing. I do help clear the table but that is as far as I am trusted. And as long as I bring the wine it is an agreeable arangment for all parties.
Alfarinn 18 years ago
Thank you, I think we had fun. Can't speak for Rae but I enjoyed it.

I made dessert which tasted a lot better than they looked I suppose. It was an effort at something anyway
Ginnie 18 years ago
Thank you Alec!

We had a great Thanksgiving. I got to cook for the first time in over five years, the kids were fairly well behaved and then today I did all of my Christmas shopping All in all a good holiday.
Artemis Bellezone 18 years ago
Thanks Alec, I enjoyed it. Mai's dessert did taste better than it looked. It looked like powdered neon snot. But it tasted llike key lime pie. Of course I can't really say anything considering I made a green bean casserole. We also gave my cousin a tour of the theater parking lot. Don't people know they are supposed to be home on Thanksgiving and not out viewing Harry Potter movies?
Alfarinn 18 years ago
Hey, that was snot bars, Thank you very much! And they had powdered sugar on the top. Looked much better in the picture on the box. *pouts and goes to get one of the last ones*
Rachyl 18 years ago
Ours was quiet and definately different, since we have a new stove and everyone was actually present this year.
Shay 18 years ago
Thank you!

We had only our second Thanksgiving dinner ever, out...no cooking or clean up for anyone, and it was very nice. We saw The Pride and Prejudice before hand (no football fans here ) and it was also good
Aishe 18 years ago
My second Thanksgiving away from my home and all my family, but my fiance and I went to my best friend's house, where I slaved away over an open stove for most of the day.

The end result: two stuffed chickens - one normal, one covered with bacon and stuffed with bacon stuffing instead of the regular stuff, orange-cranberry relish, acorn squash with brown sugar sauce, garlic mashed potatoes and homemade gravy, and an apple pie for dessert.

The orange cranberry relish eventually made its way into the blender with some orange-vanilla sorbet and some orange rum, which frequently happens with us.

I miss my family, but we all had fun so it was worth it! Glad everyone had a great Thanksgiving.
Addison 18 years ago
Woot - My thanksgiving was great. I got paid time and a half to play World of Warcraft. I think I took 4 calls the entire 8 hour shift and one of them was from another coworker. Wheee

I had a quick dinner at my grandmothers, but I think I might voulenteer to work every holliday now.
Morrigan Kinsey 18 years ago
All I will say is: Boston Market is my new friend.
Rachyl 18 years ago
Boston Market's turkey ROCKS
Their corn is okay, but their cornbread! MMM MMM. Of course, I'm making myself hungry...

Rachyl wanders off to find a turkey sammich.
Simon Huntington 18 years ago
/cry They closed all the Boston Markets on the west coast. Man I loved their stuffing, it was insane good. I still buy their frozen dinners from time to time and good god they're good. Next time I visit my brother in WV, i'm making him take us to Boston Market.
Morrigan Kinsey 18 years ago
Yeah, I remember when they closed the one in Vegas. =/ Lemme tell ya, $30 for an already cooked and quite tasty Thanksgiving dinner for 4 is a sweet deal.
Addison 18 years ago
We were at work and wanted something quick...ran down the main drag here...and EVERY fast food joint was closed at 7 PM...all but kentuky fried chicken and it looked like they were closing *Cries*
Shay 18 years ago
Simon Huntington
/cry They closed all the Boston Markets on the west coast. Man I loved their stuffing, it was insane good. I still buy their frozen dinners from time to time and good god they're good. Next time I visit my brother in WV, i'm making him take us to Boston Market.

Not ALL the west coast...we still have a few around here, and one just a couple blocks away.
Amberelle DeEspionne 18 years ago
Ours was great! I decided to make my sister have it at her house, since I was tired of us doing both t-day and x-mas every year. I pulled my sister's usual act.. showed up about 3 hours late just in time to eat, socialized a couple hours and then yawned and left before clean up. Was fantastic heh.. of course then despite how I swore not to we spent yesterday shopping.. I was shocked that all the stores we went to weren't jam packed, we got lucky =)
Mathias 18 years ago
Thanksgiving was good - family actually all got along this year