This looks familiar! (cont'd Alone in the Night, open - all)

Aishe found herself taking long, quick steps to keep pace with her newfound friend, although she was fairly certain Peter was shortening his stride for her sake. She was still thinking about the pendant he'd shown her, intrigued by the clever way his family name had been worked into the horse's mane.

"So what does it mean? Your family name? I have to admit, that area of the world was never my forte. I can get a little... single-minded sometimes, and I focused most of my attention on Egypt from the very start."

She was fairly certain the horse had significance too, it was a symbol that often meant nobility and bravery no matter what the culture. And the topaz eyes had been startling, like little sparks of fire. What a family crest! It seemed simple, but there could be so much more meaning to it. Aishe could almost smell the puzzle involved.

Apollyon 18 years ago
Apollyon became a little upset at the mention of his family name, It didn't have any noble meaning to it,in fact it was anything but. Before they moved from northwestern Asia, their family name had been sullied by a distant relative who was a scoundrel, Swindling people in the name of a false religion.After the word got out of his fowl deeds, anyone bearing the name was ostracized from society, making their life very difficult. Apollyon's great grandfather finally decided it would be best to pick up and leave and start over in a budding civilization, guess where he went.

"I'd rather not say," apollyon stated,"It doesn't have a great history associated with it.It seems except for these 2 generations in my tree, My family was comprised of assholes"

apollyon noticed his new found companion was struggling a little bit to keep stride with him, He smiled and slowed his walking speed down. His legs were almost the size of this woman.He could tell she was enthralled with the pendant.To think he was but another victory from gaining an even grander one. But he couldn't bear losing his father the way he did. He lost his poise and his confidence. He couldn't bear to fade the way he was, so he did something else, he retreated to his father's estate.....he stopped.No more of this tonight, the last thing he wanted was to relive more of his early life. he was amazed by the amount of people out and about at this hour, daylight wasn't too far away and still the sidewalks were still pretty well crowded.he kept a watchful eye around aishe, she seemed oblivious to this city's reputation and he'd like to keep it that way.
Aishe 18 years ago
Aishe immediately felt bad for prying into Peter's past; she already had the impression that he didn't talk much about it. She'd already lied to the man. Well, not entirely true, she thought. She'd told him mostly truth. She was here visiting a friend. That friend just didn't know it. She'd lied nonetheless, though.

She found herself wondering if she would still view the big man in the same light when she became a vampire? The last few hours with good company had been a welcome distraction, but even now she felt that odd pull, that Kem somehow needed her. It was driving her to behave in ways she normally wouldn't. Look at her now, walking around all night in a city... any city, not just this one, would never have been something she'd have done before now.

Of course, her companion tonight was casting glances about as if he'd simply squash anyone who came too close. She found it comforting and amusing at the same time. When he spoke of his family with such harsh words, Aishe remained silent for a few moments, waiting for that flush of vehemence to pass before speaking.

"They're just people," she said, glancing sideways at him to gauge his reaction. "Good or bad, they're still your family."

Just as quickly, she dropped the subject, thinking that perhaps it was best left alone. They were passing the same pharmacy she'd been in the previous evening. She remembered her ruined map suddenly.

"Just a moment please, I need to get something." Aishe said, and popped into the store to renew her acquaintance with the night clerk.
Apollyon 18 years ago
Apollyon shrugged at her remark, dismissing it just as quickly as it came. He decided he would come inside with her, He was out of alcohol and was thirsty for more.he walked to the clerk and said

"hey buddy, ya got any brandy in this shack?"
Aishe 18 years ago
Aishe gave Peter an incredulous stare.

"It's a drug store," she pointed out for the clerk, who was simply staring at her companion with his mouth agape. "It's counterproductive to stock brandy, unless they're in the habit of selling a large selection of hangover remedies... in which case it simply becomes clever marketing. I don't think that's the case here though."

She reached past Peter to the little stand next to the counter that held fold-out maps and grabbed one, placing it in front of the clerk. She flashed him a bright smile. "Remember me?"

The clerk finally came to his senses, ringing up the map and thrusting it into a little bag with a token response to Aishe. She chuckled to herself.

"Don't worry, he's more bark than bite as far as I can tell."

Only after she left the store did it occurr to her that this was the one place where that phrase could have meant something entirely different. That only served to make her laugh more, although she thought she stifled it pretty well.
Apollyon 18 years ago
Apollyon looked at aishe and shrugged

"what? the place I went to in New York sold brandy, this fuck is lookin at me like he's never even heard of the shit before" apollyon moved his hand to point at the piece of human garbage who was staring at him with his mouth open.

"And its not counter productive.maybe ya just want to kill 2 birds with one stone so you don't have to go to another store. apollyon turned his attention to the clerk now. "well tell me you at least have beer in this jimp joint"

the clerk was totally speechless at this point. he had been working for the past 12 hours straight, because the useless fuck who was supposed to carry the night shift has been unreachable the past couple days.

"Sir, This is a pharmacy", the clerk replied, "Now I've had a long day and I'm not even supposed to be here tod-"

"I don't give a fuck about your damn woes. cryin to me like your watchin those damn lifetime movies." he looked closer at his name tag and read it,

"OK Now, Dante," he stressed the name, "since your useless shack obviously doesn't sell alcohol,where might I find said vendor?"

"just down the block" the clerk's voice squeaked like he had just entered puberty

apollyon laughed at his squeak and said "All right lets get out of this damn place" he waved his arm in a gesture and accidentally hit and knocked over the rack with the maps on it. he looked back and thought about picking it up a moment, then with a wave of his hand said "ah fuck ya" apollyon left the store
Aishe 18 years ago
Aishe heard a slight commotion as Peter emerged from the store. She turned to regard him curiously.

"Everything ok?"

She peered up and down the road.
"My hotel is just that way. It's not a long walk." Aishe smiled up at the big man, indicating the direction she was going with a wave of her hand.

"If I give you my cell number, will you keep in touch? I want to know how your business is donig once you get it up and running... and, of course, if you need any help!"
Apollyon 18 years ago
Apollyon exited the store in disgust. and flashed the man his middle finger on his way out. he became increasingly irritable when he grew hungry. He would most definitely have to feed before he made his way back to the Ananyta estate, and daylight was coming nigh.

"Yea, I'm all right." Apollyon stated apologetically "just an end to a long day.Nothing 8 hours of sleep cant cure." Her smile forced him to smile back, and a small bit of joy filled his heart.

Apollyon took the suggestion of her gesture that this was where she wanted to be left on her own. And nodded

"Of course.Though it may be some time before I get my shop up and running."
Aishe 18 years ago
Aishe wrote her cell phone number down on the notepad she always carried around with her. Signing her name to the bottom with short, efficient strokes... the strokes of someone well accustomed to taking hasty notes in the middle of an excavation. Tearing the little slip of paper off, she handed it to Peter.

"Let me know when you get settled in," she said, her smile as evident in her voice as it was on her face.

She walked a few steps away, then paused thoughtfully and turned.

"It really was nice to meet you, Peter." She cocked her head to the side just a bit. "I always did want a big brother."

With that, she gave him one last wave of her hand and turned away, her stride quick in spite of her weariness, a testament to the energy she always had. She only turned back once to wave, before disappearing around the corner.

((ooc: Aishe out))
Apollyon 18 years ago
he took the piece of paper aishe handed him and smiled back at her

"Will Do" He said as he watched her walk off.

"Believe me , the pleasure was all mine" He replied to her, "Get some sleep!"

He watched her turn the corner and flashed her a wave as she disappeared from his field of view. He turned himself around. It was time to get acquainted with his fellow anantya, but he would have to feed first, his powerful frame required much blood to keep it satisfied and in working condition. He took a look at his watch and smiled sadistically, "Time for last Call" He said to himself as he walked off

(OOC:Apollyon Out. Lock please)