Kyle and the trunk light

Kyle walked quickly over to the group of men gathered in a small circle in the lobby of the Piazza. There were six very large men standing with their backs to one in particular. It would be fair to assume that each of the six rather large men were packing some serious sidearms. Without a pause, Kyle walked directly to the small mob.

This wasn't one of Kyle's smarter ideas.

'Mr. Hillman.' Yes, the exalted, rather dubios Mr. Hillman. The same Mr. Hillman who is currently planning on given Duibne Industries a run for its money and, unbeknownst to Kyle, wants the blood harvesting territory from under Tacharan. 'Mr. Hillman, Kyle Evans from the Nachton Times. Can I get a quote from you regarding your association with the known underground bosses here in Nachton?'

No, this definitely wasn't one of Kyle's smarter ideas.

Terrance Hillman 18 years ago
Terrance Hillman was pressed for time.

'Mr. Hillman, Kyle Evans from the Nachton Times. Can I get a quote from you regarding your association with the known underground bosses here in Nachton?'

He was also now very annoyed.
'I know who you are, Mr. Evans.' Just then his entourage formed a wall between Evans and Hillman. Body guards were handy but a bit of a nuisance. He cleared his throat and they immediately parted again, giving him full view of Evans.

He looked at the pale skinned man and laughed.
'So you're the drunk reporter that the Times just can't seem to shake loose?' He took a few steps around Evans who stood stoically, but gave him a soured look with his eyes. 'Oh forgive me, I hear you're back on the wagon,' he twirled his finger in the air. He walked back in front of Kyle and looked at him in the eye.

'How very noble of you.'

Hillman gave him a final look from head to toe and then turned to leave.
Kyle Evans 18 years ago
Hillman was balding, much to Kyle's delight. He was also an asshole, from what he could tell. Kyle watched Hillman insult him without blinking an eye and then summarily dismiss him. Hillman was wearing, god of all things, a white suit with a dark blue ascot. That was a man clearly over compensating for something.

'That's the one good thing about being a drunk. You really have heard all the crappy ass insults.'

A bodyguard took a step closer towards Kyle.

'At ease, cupcake. If he can talk it, he should be able to take it.' Kyle stared down the bodyguard. Another thing about being a drunk, typically you have nothing to lose.

Hillman continued out the lobby doors with the rest of his men. Kyle waited for his new friend 'cupcake' to follow. He followed them through the front entrance doors. The street was empty this time of night and Hillman's limo was pulled up front, engine running and gleaming white like its owner's suit.

'Is it true, Mr. Hillman,' he said his name without an ounce of respect, 'that you plan on taking over Duibne Industries? Even possibly forcing a hostile takeover?'

Hillman waited for one of his body guards to open his door.

'And is it also true that you're involved with the death of the assistant district attorney and have vampire ties in Nachton?'

Hillman had begun to step inside his limo when he stopped, mid air.

Kyle had an epiphany right at that moment. This was not one of his smarter ideas.
'And is it also true that you're involved with the death of the assistant district attorney and have vampire ties in Nachton?'

Hillman was halfway into the back seat of his gloriously white limo when Kyle inserted his own foot into his rather large mouth. Hillman put his foot back down and stood straight. He smoothed down his pants with a quick flick and walked back towards the doors to Kyle.

'I've read your articles about the vampire collective in the city, Mr. Evans.' Evans was taller than him, by about 4 inches. He knew he didn't need the height to get the graveness of his point across. 'You think there are vampires in the city. You think the vampires run the city. The mayor's office, the Musem, the landmarks, the shipping business and yes...the blood synthesizing business. What would you say if I told you, you were right?'
Kyle Evans 18 years ago
He wasn't sure what was worse. Being sober or being right. Kyle's forehead furrowed at Hillman's statement. His mouth came open and gaped silently for a moment.

Finally he said,
'Show me.'
'Show me.'

Hillman smiled. 'Alright then, let's go.' He climbed into his limo and unbuttoned his jacket. Kyle took a step forward and bent down to step into the car door.

'Whoa whoa.' Kyle stopped and looked at Hillman who gave his thumb a jerk over his shoulder. His bodyguards grabbed Kyle by his turtleneck and jeans and carried him over to the trunk of the limo.

'Dont worry,' Hillman yelled out the door, 'It's quite roomy.'

Then with a satisfied smile, Hillman took out his cigar and lit up, puffing away at the stogie as he listened to Kyle kick and yell in the trunk.
Kyle Evans 18 years ago
Kyle was about to enter the limo door when Hillman pointed behind him. 'Wha-?' was all he got out before the bodyguards grabbed his forcibly and stuffed him into the rather large trunk.

'Dont worry, it's quite roomy.' Kyle heard Hillman yell.

Kyle began to pound on the trunk walls as he felt the limo lurch forward, pressing him roughly up into a corner. His long legs were already beginning to cramp up from the space. Although a couple bodies would fit nicely back here, just not any live ones.

'GROSS', Kyle yelled and continued to pound. He heard more muffled talking and he stopped. 'WHAT?'

'I SAID STOP KICKING, I JUST HAD THE IT CLEANED YOU BIG BABY.'

He rolled his eyes and curled into fetal position for the remainder of the trip.

((OOC Kyle and Hillman out))