Error message during switch

Here's the message :

Error in obtaining userdata

DEBUG MODE

SQL Error : 1064 You have an error in your SQL syntax near 'Espionne'' at line 3

SELECT user_id, username, user_password, user_active, user_level FROM phpbb_users WHERE username = 'Amberelle De'Espionne'

Line : 99
File : login.php

Could it be because the account name is Amberelle De'Espionne? It looks like the ' in the last name is throwing the system off? If that's the case could a mod change the account name to just take the accent mark out? Danke!

Eve 19 years ago
Hmmm giving me the same error with O'Brian so you're probably right about the apostrophe. I'll hit the admin panel and fix both our names and try that.
Rene O Brian 19 years ago
Okay, that fixed it for me, and hopefully for Temprah as well. Perhaps we need to make a note somewhere that when creating log in names, don't use an apostrophe maybe even any punctuation.
Ellis Duban 19 years ago
I've noticed phpbb doesn't like names with apostrophes. I could never use Maelarya Dys'Entari because of that. I'll mention it in the switch post.
Mai 19 years ago
Great Eve broke it!!

Just kidding, hehe
Veyah 18 years ago
The ' is a reserved character used for data containment. In otherwords anything between two ' is designated as data. When the query parser sees username = 'Amberelle De'Espionne' It really sees username = 'Amberelle De' and then Espionne' breaks the query. In all SQL engines the ' character has be escaped using a backslash.

Poorly written query, I can fix if Mae gives me a link to the mod again since I am a goober and don't save things.
Ellis Duban 18 years ago
Ooh, lemme figure out why the boards are blanking out before I fix the other 15 problems that sprang up in the past week /snort! /hug
Xandare 18 years ago
Me and temp got this one worked out, turns out we weren't selecting a PID, we thought it was gonna assign one to us, once we put one in it worked like a charm..
Ellis Duban 18 years ago
Doh I didnt know y'all were still having problems. =( Glad you got it worked out though :P
Mai 18 years ago
Hai, If anyone has any problems IM me and I can walk them through the account switch thing.

I had quite a few characters on another board with account switch installed. So I've done it once or twice.