Anyone want to play?

So okay...I've created a character for this board...she's got a house, and is ready to meet ANYONE! lol She was in the convenience store for a couple days...and yea, maybe that's a crummy place to meet people because no one said hi to her...so she left... She's looked around for places to join others...but most of the newer threads are private, or to someone else's attention...

Yea, okay, what I'm getting at is...would anyone want to start a thread with her? She's attractive...showers, and even wears a faint bit of perfume...she's quite literate, an ex-cop who's now a fiction novelist... really...she's open to just about anything at this point, with the exception of being turned...though, if she were to meet the right person, she'd possibly consider even that, down the road.

Or if anyone has a suggestion for how to get involved here...maybe I'm missing something...but am totally open to hearing about it

Danielle 18 years ago
I'm going to be gone most of the day today but when I return I'd be glad to meet up with yours .

Anywhere in particular you'd like to hang out?
Marthinus T. Steyn 18 years ago
I apologize for not introducing myself earlier, dear. I had a bit of a issue with my heart. If you like, I'd be happy to join you in any public area that you wish. I'm currently the CEO and familiar of Tacharan's human affiliation. I would imagine our chat would be interesting.

Pick a place.
Thaddeus Grey 18 years ago
Am I blind and/or on drugs? I don't see the store thread . Hope nothing went wrong...
Shay 18 years ago
Thaddeus Grey
Am I blind and/or on drugs? I don't see the store thread . Hope nothing went wrong...

OH I'm sorry hun...I deleted it after a couple days...otherwise I feel pathetic having a character just standing around - lol.

But thanks so much for you guys coming forward. I'm going to pm you all and am excited to rp with you! I tend to be fairly active, so I hope I don't drive you crazy
Rachyl 18 years ago
Shalimar O Mannon
OH I'm sorry hun...I deleted it after a couple days...otherwise I feel pathetic having a character just standing around

I'm sorry I wasn't available to join you. I've been out of town on business.

And while I understand what you mean about having a character "just standing around" keep in mind that:

Erasing history is bad

Even though the character may be "standing around" such a self-RP'ed occurrence allows the rest of us not only to get to know you from an OOC stand point, but also helps you cement your own character

Shay 18 years ago
Thanks for the tip...if it hadn't just been the first post, of course I wouldn't have erased it...but really, having just bought milk and bread...at the local 7-11...I didn't see much would be lost removing it - lol.
Alfarinn 18 years ago
Rachyl is right please just OOC out and we'll lock it but we'd rather them not be deleted as its part of what's going on in the world.

The community is still small but growing and currently there are people out because of storms, Poor Talon and Amberelle and Meegan had trouble with Rita being in their area. Chryseis has been moving and getting the connections back up and a couple of people have been really busy with college studies so it has been slower than usual recently.

The best thing to do where possible is join an open thread, pm the people if its not marked open and see if its ok and then jump on in. Even on a busy board some threads can just get missed. I know some of mine have.
Shay 18 years ago
Okay...no problem...I'll think twice before starting a thread, and if it falls flat, I'll just leave it.

And I know how rl is...and that there are always reasons people can't post. I really didn't mean to be whiny, or make someone with a heart problem feel bad about not posting, honest.

As for being slow...hun...this board is WAY more active than a couple others I belong to...really...no need to explain.

I understand too about joining existing threads, and would love to...but I, personally, would rather join one that is somewhat new...not one that is already pages old...

Again, though, I really thank you all for responding.
Rachyl 18 years ago
Shalimar O Mannon
Okay...no problem... I'll think twice before starting a thread, and if it falls flat, I'll just leave it.

No no no no! Don't even do that.

If the character indicates he/she wants to do something, let them. It's very difficult, as a reader, to recognize if the poster wants someone to join them...

Take a look at A Trip to the Mall, started by Nyra. I don't recall why it was Rachyl wanted to suddenly go shopping, but there she was, cajoling a severely bleeding artist down from a display window for first aid. And look, she not only met a very unique individual, she met four - an artist, a vampire, a seeker, and a butler.

Even Rachyl's own thread of Bored Restless was originally intended to allow interaction... until she told me that she just wanted to surf and go home with no complications.

A lot of the time what I end up posting for Rachyl is something she decides to do... She's taken on a life of her own as a character and it's quite endearing to have her "living in my head" so to speak.

And stay away from me with those long-sleeved white jackets!
Shay 18 years ago
But I thought that was one of the main reasons a writer put (open) in their subject...because they WANTED to be joined.
I've been taught if someone doesnt want interaction, they put CLOSED in the subject...or if they want specific attention from someone, they put ATTN: So and So...

Are things different here?

For sure if a thread has no notice, I would pm the creator before joining...but the above notices work better than trying to guess if a person wants company or not.

As for Shay...she is developing, but she is very open with me, so I pretty much always know what she's about.
Alfarinn 18 years ago
If there is no additional title on the thread then its assumed to be open. These are ones that if you aren't sure, a PM is always a nice way to find out.

The other add ons like (closed) (private) (invitation only) etc.. are what they are. Some people remember to put open and others don't. Some might have something going on with someone else but haven't marked it private so that other people can join.

Its like that on a lot of boards I've been on.