Lost in Nachton...

Aishe wandered through the streets of Nachton until she found one that looked well-populated. She paused, at a loss for how to continue. One didn't simply walk into Vampire Central with a neon sign saying "Single white female seeks undead pal. Biting encouraged."

First things first, she thought. Someplace to stay would be nice. A hotel for now, maybe an apartment later if it looked like she might be here for a while.

Aishe looked up and down the busy street until she found an all-night pharmacy. Then she laughed dryly out loud. Of course it was an all-night pharmacy. Shaking her head at herself, she went in and looked around until she found a small local map. Back out on the street, she walked to the nearest corner and then set her pack down on the ground. Sitting down on it, next to a lamp-pole and hopefully out of anyone's way, she used the dim, artificial light to get her bearings, and maybe find someplace to sleep for a few days.

She yawned; she was tired from traveling, but she needed to stay up and learn how to sleep during the day. How was one to meet any vampires at all if one wasn't prepared to be out when they were?

Maybe a bite to eat first. She pored over her map again, checking out the restaurants close by...

((ooc: open to anyone))

Kyle Evans 18 years ago
Kyle pushed through the lobby doors of his building and heard his stomach growling. He began to whistle as he walked down the street, heading towards the food district near his neighborhood. The streets were populated, even for the late hour. His clicked his tongue and began to play with a jagged edged molar as he started his walk.

It was the last warm evenings of summer so he wore a simple black turtleneck and blue jeans. He ran his long fingers thru his black hair and whistled a toon as he passed a drug store. There was a sudden loud screech behind him. Turning he saw the tail end of a rather loud car accident. He slowed his pace as he stared with everyone else around him. He watched the people exit their cars looking safe and just a little worse for wear. He turned back around to continue walking in the opposite direction when he tripped over a raven haired woman, sitting on what appeared to be a backpack, reading a map.

'Oh shit,' Kyle flew over the woman and was spun backward, hitting the concrete with a resounding, and quite painful, thud. 'OUCH', he grumbled.
Aishe 18 years ago
Aishe was engrossed in her map; so much so that she didn't even register the squealing of tires coming from one side. She was forced to notice, however, when something fairly dense collided with her, sending her flying into the lamp-post. Years of tae-kwon-do and fencing had fortunately given her a decent set of reflexes, and she relaxed in the split second before hitting the post. It was still hard enough to knock the wind out of her, but she regained her feet fairly quickly, rubbing her side.

Slightly confused and flustered, she noticed that her map had fallen into the nearby sewer drain.

"Damn," she muttered. Then, turning to the man who'd just used her as a speedbump, she apologized, not even registering the fact that it hadn't really been her fault to begin with.
Mai 18 years ago
Mai had been looking for the trail of the Wolf and had tracked him down to this area. He seemed to have holed himself up in an apartment for a while so she was forced to wait for him to come back out again.

The accident caused her to look up and marvel at the easily distracted humans who seemed to enjoy going from place to place in the smelly metal boxes. She then noted the familiar preoccupied form of Kyle stumbling over someone sitting on the curb.

Smiling, Mai left her perch and came to stand quietly nearby. Though she smelled no alcohol on him, she asked.

" Too much sake again, ne, Kyle-san?"
Aishe 18 years ago
Aishe looked from one stranger to the other, both arms crossed protectively over her bruised ribs. The one who'd just spoken was... well, interesting. Instinctively, Aishe thought that this person might be one of the ones she sought. She said nothing, though, observing quietly for the moment.

This woman... no, this girl, really, seemed somewhat young and detached. But at the same time, perhaps more aware than any of them. She appeared young; a teenaged girl or maybe even a bit younger. Her eyes though, were stark white, and Aishe wondered if she could see. She didn't walk with a stick, or bear any other indicator that Aishe could see.

Still somewhat dazed and sore, Aishe bent to retrieve her backpack, realizing she needed a new map. She flinched as she shouldered theheavy thing... maybe some painkillers, too. This was hardly the best way to start out her adventures in Nachton. But maybe one of these two could at least tell her where she might stay for a few days.
Kyle Evans 18 years ago
" Too much sake again, ne, Kyle-san?"

The little girl from the police station. Kyle looked up at her in surprise, forgetting for the moment that he had just physcially crushed someone onto the sidewalk with him. Looking at her with sober eyes, he realized now just how odd it was that this little woman child actually was.

He leaned forward onto a knee and winced.
'You're that little girl,' he braced himself and rose slowly. He finally noticed the woman he fell over and winced again. 'My god, I'm sorry. I didn't see you there. The accident...' he pointed over his shoulder. 'Are you alright?'

Kyle looked at the woman. She had black hair and dark skin. Middle eastern? No, maybe...Egyptian? She had a very distinct skin color and face shape. She was really a beautiful site. He decided to forgo the charm since he did just knock her to the ground and tried to be helpful instead.
Mai 18 years ago
Mai watched Kyle a moment as he remembered who she was. Pushing a stray strand of loose hair away from her face, she nodded.

"Hai, Kyle-san."

She then turned her gaze on the woman he knocked over and saw that she was reasonably alright despite being an obstacle for the larger man. Kyle seemed to have ill fortune when it came to presenting himself well in front of women and she wondered vaguely how his meeting with the female police officer went from the last time she saw him.

"Konbanwa"

Mai nodded to the woman by way of greeting. Noting the backpack, she tilting her head sideways and looked at her questioningly.

"You are journeying?"
Aishe 18 years ago
Aishe, in spite of her determination, was suddenly shy in the face of this child. Trying to hide her discomfort, stemming from sudden nerves as well as bruised ribs, she smiled slightly.

"I'm looking for someone," she answered, glancing from the girl to the man and back again. "I thought I might find him here, but so far all I've done is get lost. Do you know," she ventured, wondering why she suddeny felt so awkward, "where I might be able to find a place to stay? A hotel, and maybe a decent restaurant? Money isn't a big deal."

Then, remembering her manners, she smiled again.
"My name is Aishe Nevrat, by the way."
Kyle Evans 18 years ago
Kyle wiped at his pants, cleaning the dirt off them. 'Well, the Grand Piazza is near here. It's a hotel and restaurant. It's very nice. If you're looking for an apartment, the area down there,' he pointed in the direction he had come from, 'has pretty respectable high rises. I was heading in the direction of the Piazza if you want to...?' Kyle shrugged and left the rest up to her.

'Oh I'm Kyle Evans. Sorry about the...yeah.' He pointed to the ground and then held his hand out to Aishe.
Aishe 18 years ago
Aishe didn't need to consider for long. She was dirty and tired now, as well as hungry. "Sounds great to me," she said.

"I'd be happy with a cardboard box and a bucket of water, to be honest. It's been a long few days."

As she spoke, she clasped the black-haired man's hand firmly, her grin genuine. Tossing her long hair out of the way, she looked down at her ruined map. She'd just have to get another one at the hotel. They had to have some kind of gift shop or something that would have touristy stuff.

She began to gather up her pack, rearranging things slightly so they wouldn't rub against her sore side.
Kyle Evans 18 years ago
Jesus he was hungry now. His tremors had eased off again for a little while and it made his hunger ever more pronounced. Again he looked down at the little Mai and squatted down to her eye level.

'So we meet again, Mai-san.' He bowed his head in amusement. 'What are you doing out here at this time of night?'
Mai 18 years ago
Mai bowed slightly to the woman when she introduced herself.

"Asahi Mai"

Watching the two humans as they discussed food and lodging, Mai pondered the tracking abilities of the woman who claimed herself lost. She hoped the person Aishe was looking for did not move often or she personally would not hope for much success. Perhaps her quarry was of a personal nature and she had other assurances of finding them? She shrugged the thoughts off as not a matter she should be concerned with when Kyle knelt down to her.

The corner of her mouth hitched up in an ironic smile at the human's posture and bearing. Contemplating his question, Mai answered it truthfully.

"I also look for someone."
Aishe 18 years ago
Still feeling slightly out of place, Aishe shuffled her feet a bit. Finally, although reluctant to interrupt, she spoke up once more.

"I know you must both have better things to do, so I can surely find this hotel on my own if you point me the right way. I don't want to trouble you further. But if you don't mind my asking, does either one of you know the word Evenhet? It's the only clue I have to go on right now."

Aishe looked at the two with her breath held, hoping the word would mean something to eithe one of them, and hoping that whatever it meant, it wasn't something horribly bad.
Mai 18 years ago
Mai was instantly more alert to the woman than she had been before but turned her head slowly to regard her with calm interest.

"It means eternal unity."

She shrugged slightly but looked back at Kyle. Moving past the man and down the road a little, Mai turned and said.

"Come. It is this way."

Evenhet wasn't her clan but it would be best to find out why the girl knew their name but not enough to know not to mention it. Mentally she shook her head, The Others were always lax in their dealings with humans and this was the result, humans wandering around knowing dangerous things about them. Thaddeus was with Alfarinn though and she felt that if this was somehow trouble for the tall man her Ba-di would want her to help him. She sighed inwardly but smiled at the two that were with her.

((OOC: Sorry she's only semi helpful at the moment but at least she's interested ))
Kyle Evans 18 years ago
Kyle rose and looked at Aishe. He shrugged. 'What's Evenhet?' he whispered as he followed Mai down the street.

The name wasn't familiar to Kyle at all, but he was interested in whatever Mai wanted to show Aishe. Maybe they knew where the little one's parents were at. He was always running into her so late at night.
Aishe 18 years ago
Eternal unity... Aishe pondered the phrase as she scrambled to re-settle her pack onto her back and follow along closely. She tried to note the direction they were going in, so that she could remember how to get back. Her interest was more than a little piqued now. She hadn't know that Evenhet was a phrase. She only heard Kem mutter it once, and she was pretty certain she hadn't been meant to hear it at all. For all she knew it was a friend of his. Or... well, whatever. She would find out soon, she hoped. She mentioned as much to Kyle.

It was the only thing she had to link to Kem at the moment.
Mai 18 years ago
Mai stopped in front of the Piazza and looked at the both of them.

"You were hungry, yes?"

She opened the door and walked in, reminding herself not to leave her shoes at the front. Strange American customs was something Mai still thought but she didn't even pause these days in an instant of forgetfulness.

Coming to stand in the middle of the lobby, she looked back at them.

"Where did you wish to go?"

Perhaps she should talk to Aishe about how she knew of Evenhet but she would have to wait until Kyle was not around. There was no reason to risk another human knowing more than they should.
Aishe 18 years ago
Aishe smiled gratefully at the young girl.

"This is great. I should get a room and clean up a bit first. You're both welcome to join me for some dinner if you like,"she added politely. "If not, I can go it alone... if you wouldn't mind telling me where to find this Evenhet. Otherwise I can just ask around. You've been so helpful, thank you."
Mai 18 years ago
Mai supressed the urge to sigh at the woman. Very pushy, no patience, youth never seemed to learn discipline any more.

"Arigato Aishe-chan"

She fell in step beside the woman and followed her to where ever it was she wanted to head next.

"There is no... place"

Mai looked confused at what the girl wanted. She wasn't sure what the girl was expecting but it was unlikely that even the Others would be happy to see some strange woman walk up and announce herself. Perhaps she should take her to Alfarinn and Thaddeus but she could do that later.
Mai 18 years ago
((OOC: This thread continued in "Will Chat for Food in the Grand Piazza ))