In her home

Panos stepped to the master bedroom's door and paused. He placed his hand on the door and stood still.

He yearned to grab the knob and open the door, see where she slept, feel her presence, smell her scent.

But he didn't. Rachyl had asked him not to and he had agreed. If there was one thing he was worth, it was his word. He himself might be a reckless little shit, a liar and a deciever,but when he gave his word on something he meant it. Promises were not to be tossed into the air to blow away.

Thats how his father had been. Always breaking his word to others, getting them in trouble. Forcing them to pick up and move. Then to make it worse, father would lie to them. He would tell him how they were headed on a great adventure again, then again, and then....again.

He wasn't like his father, and therefor he would honor Rachyl's request. He turned and walked away from the room.

Instead he went into the bathroom and looked through the cabinets until he found what he was looking for. A BIC shaver.

He began to shave his head, all of his dark locks falling to floor. It was time to change a little bit. It was possible that Tacharan was laying in waiting to strike at him. To make a showing of power and punishment. He doubted Ellis had forgotten his little mishap. You don't steal a prominant vampire of an oppossing clan and try to hold her captive in the heartland.

He knew no disqiuse would them, but he only wanted a few moments. Just that second they looked away before they did the double take. Thats all the time he would need to avoid them. To get away.

Plus, it was possible the same idea would work with Meegan and her wretched love starved fool.

Panos Mehalitsenos 18 years ago
His mess was clean and his head was the same. Clean. Perfectly smooth and shiny. The style was a bit drastic from his usual 'do' but it suited him all the same.

His note to Rachyl had been dropped off safely earlier and the courier now waited in the living room.

Fancy digs here Panos. Who did you knock off to get this place? The young vampire was a newbie to the clan Tacharan and Panos had saw it fit to curb his opinion of him before the clan got to the boy.

Waving his hand dismissively, Panos spoke.

Please do not call me that. At least not here. I ask that you refer to me as Paul or Pauly.

The young one smiled wickedly. He was from Boston and his accent was thick.

Hey, don't worry about it. Pauly it is sir. Now about that payment you promised?

Panos pulled a slip of folded paper from his back pocket. He handed it to the vampire and watched as the mans eye lit up. He closed his hand around the tiny paper and grinned once more.

Anytime you need something wicked man let me know. I've got your back. He turned to the door and grabbed the handle.

Justin wait a minute. How well are your contacts around here?

I've got a few that I've worked with for the past three years. Why? What ya looking for?

Panos brought his hand to his chin and thought for a moment.

Do you know where i can get access to some high tech security. I'm talking gadgets and gizmo's here.

Justin flipped his cell phone open and scrolled through the names. A few more button pushes and Panos's own cell phone chirped at him. With a puzzled expression he reached for it.

On the display a new text message containing a phone number danced across his screen. Justin spoke.

Call those, both are bussiness numbers. Between the two of them, you should be able to find something, if not, i don't know what to tell ya.

Thank you Justin, I'm sure I'll be able to handle it. Enjoy your payment.

He nodded to the young man and watched as he left. Panos flopped himself down on the couch and dialed the first number that was labeled Absynthe.

(edits for clarification and flow! )
Absynthe Domnivoy 18 years ago
~In Absynthe Domnivoy's lab~

Absynthe had just returned from picking up some supplies that she had ordered. Picking up each package, she inspected the contents carefully. Green tea, ginseng, hawthorn, each item seemed to meet her exacting standards. Humming an old Russian folksong to herself, Absynthe began to put her purchases away.

*ring*

Absynthe cursed in her native language, not really feeling sociable. Walking around the counter toward the phone, she stopped by what appeared to be a miniature greenhouse. She neither knew nor cared how exactly the thing worked, only that Artemis had said that it did not require outside sources of light and that she should keep the tank filled with water. With that in mind, she checked the water level in the gallon tank. She would have to add more soon. After checking the temperature reading on the thermometer, she gave the greenhouse one last look. It still glowed the eerie green that she found disconcerting when entering the darkened lab.

*ring*

The phone was still ringing, she had hoped whoever was on the other end would have given up by now. With a sigh, she continued on her way to answer the phone. "Hello."
A woman's voice answered after a very many rings. Panos had almost hung up, but he was too determined. He didn't know if Rachyl would be back, or when, or even if Meegan was comming back. If she was he wanted to be ready.

Hello, I am looking for Absynthe, is this person available to talk.
Panos locked the door behind him and clicked his phone into its firm metal holder at his hip. He had placed the call on speaker phone so that he may wander the neighborhood a bit. He was feeling hungry and he didn't fear being over heard at this time of night. Besides if he was what could possibly happen. He had been couped in the house for too long tonight. He had to stretch his legs.

As he walked he peered into the condos and houses, looking for signs that people were home and sleeping soundly. Something he wished even he did, or better yet sleeping beside someone he could trust.

"You never really treat anyone well enough for them to trust you, now do you?" He answered himself in his mind.

[Trust what is trust?]

Panos startled at a voice other than his own resonating in his head.

[Chryseis?]

[Shouldn't that be Aunt Chryseis? I mean you did claim to be of my lineage after all.]

[I am.] He said sourly.

[You haven't spoken before. I..I thought it didn't work.]

[Ridiculous. You intended for me to die then?]

[No, i didn't intend for you to have to be bitten at all. Specially not as a bird.I do remember that it was YOU who freaked out. Had you been calm none of this would have happened.]

She chuckled and it sounded like bells in a cavern.[/]

[You were the intruder remember that?]

[Technicalities.]

[Why did you stop me from destroying that red head. She looked like she woulda fought. I love that, it makes their adrenaline shoot sky high. The blood tastes better that way.]

[I wanted her.]

[Did you get her?]

[No, her stupid boy toy vampire showed up miraculously and I left.]

[Ah, now Panos. That's not how a Mehalitsenos would handle things. Are you sure we are related?]

[Yes. I've had to listen to every story about how my sacred Aunt Chryseis had died of a horrible disease. That she had died nobly and lovingly grasping her family's rotted bodies to her. I had to listen to how you thought you could save them and entered the shack anyways, not fearing your own death. Oh yes, AUNT Chryseis, we are related. We are very much related.] [i]his tone was spiteful and filled with veneom.

Chryseis was silenced now and he was glad. He may have missed something important that Absynthe had said. That's when he realized she hadn't spoken back at all. Her silence could be taken as a sign that he was already taking to whom he asked for. He would have to call back, for now in the distance he saw a shadowy figure walking alone. Perhaps it was meal time. He walked faster.

(/ooc lock)
Absynthe Domnivoy 18 years ago
Absynthe had debated briefly whether to give her name or feign ignorance and take a message. Finally deciding to risk it, she said, "This is Absynthe"

After waiting a moment for a reply, "Hello?"

After another moment, "Hello?"

Absynthe listened, she could hear movement on the other end, she knew who ever it was was still there. Disgusted, she hung up the phone. Damn prank callers. It is probably one of those nutcases that got their jollies from breathing heavily into the phone. Honestly, why doesn't he get a girlfriend like a normal person.

It was at this moment that it occurred to her to wonder how he got her number in the first place. It wasn't common knowledge. With that in mind, she picked up the phone and began to dial the sequence to block the number of the last call. About mid-sequence she changed her mind and hung up the phone again, thus leaving the number un-blocked. Just in case With that, she went back to her duties.

ooc: Absynthe out.