Sensational Shopping Scene

The trip to the mall was uneventful, though it appeared to be even darker now than when she peaked out the window. Connie pulled into the parking garage and drove to the lower level. There was an amazing amount of parking down here and a spot was easy to find. Interesting, Nyra hadn't even known it was there. Since they got a spot right next to the elevators, she didnt even comment on the subteranian enviroment.

As they were swept upwards to the mall, the two held hands. An elderly woman shared their elevator to the first floor. Her flamboyant straw hat with lots of ribbons and several fake birds made Nyra smile widely.

The couple walked to the map kiosk and looked at the selection of stores. Home Furnishings contained a long list, from Sears to Pottery Barn and Crate and Barrel to William Sonoma. It sounded like lots of fun to explore the selections with Connie.

Oddly enough, Nyra never noticed the cloud painted metal rolling screens that covered the skylights because the mall was so brightly lit from above it felt like the sun was coming in.

"Where do you want to go first?" she asked the beauty beside her.

Connie 18 years ago
Connie unfolded her list from her purse. Making thoughtful noises as she perused the items, she rocked slightly on her feet, repeatedly nudging against Nyra. She felt her lips curl into a small smile as she looked at the list again, then at the artist, and held it out to her. "You tell me!"

Giggling, she stole the list back from the semi-surprised, suddenly focused gaze on the shorter woman's face. "On second thought, how about we just roam? Unless you wanted ta get home and get paintin' especially since I could be occupied all day once we fill mah trunk..."

Connie knew that they could spend all day together easily, no matter the task at hand. Whether it was decorating, or painting, or talking, or making love, she couldn't remember a time she'd been so content to spend an extended period with just one person. The worrying spectre of knowing what she needed to tell Nyra flitted through her brain again, and again she shut it into its own little closet.
Nyra 18 years ago
"Roaming works, though I tend to get highly distracted. I feel that I am ahead of the need for more paintings at the moment, so I am all yours today." Nyra took Connie's hand and they started off through the mall.

As they walked slowly, peering into windows and admiring the landscape, Nyra nibbled her lip thoughtfully. If it was her, she would scour the thrift shops or visit Sears. But she did not wish to foist her opinion upon her lover. So she kept quiet, intent on having a good day.

They came first to the local Crate & Barrel. Looking at the beauty beside her, Nyra raised her brows.
"Want to try here?"
Connie 18 years ago
Connie caught her tongue after Nyra said "I am all yours today." She had almost said, "Only for today?" because she knew it was probably still too early for such a question. Even if flippantly spoken. Even if they no longer seemed to be dating, but in fact were, in either of their minds, a couple.

Then when Nyra asked, "Want to try here?" Connie saw a flicker of something across those lovely earthy orbs of her lover's, and tilted her head.

"Here looks great, though you look like you have another idea, if not a better idea, for places to go. Do share?"
Nyra 18 years ago
Not overly surprized at Connie's insightfullness, since slience was not normal unless she was working on something. Nyra came clean.

"Personally, I would shop at thrift stores, second hand stores and the like for temporary goods. Though now that I said that, you may not be looking for temporary goods. So the high quality would be ideal then if its in your budget." Hiding her face in her hands, Nyra's next comments were slightly mumbled. "Im sorry. I shouldnt just dump my opinions onto you or anyone. You are entitled to get whatever you want."

She really felt the need to learn how to keep her foot out of her mouth and her opinions to herself. If she wanted the right to do things her way, others deserved the same right even if it differed from her ideals.
Connie 18 years ago
Connie reached and gently revealed Nyra's face, smiling tenderly. "No, I'm definately not looking for temporary, though you have an indirect point - thrift stores can certainly provide extremely unique items. I used to own one myself. And I never want you to apologize for having an opinion. I'm glad that you have one, it's one reason I find you attractive."

Connie took Nyra's hands in her own and held them firmly, her thumbs stroking softly against the backs of her hands. "And as far as getting what I want... Unless I miss my guess I've already taken a good long step towards you." She leaned forward and placed a soft kiss against Nyra's lips.
Nyra 18 years ago
Leaning into her lover's kiss was easy, forgetting they were in public was a bit more difficult. Pulling back slightly, her voice husky. "oh yeah, you do have me."

Stepping back Nyra laced her fingers through Connie's hand and smiled brightly. "Lets look at this list and maybe get some of the items that should be new or high quality first. Then we can venture out to all the amazing thrift stores I found."

Tilting her head to the side she was thoughtful a moment. "You know. Thinking about it some more. I need some things if I intend to stay here longer, which I do."

Her smile was bright and sunny at the beauty beside her. The feelings of happiness welled up inside of her, making her feel like she had swallowed the sun. Getting to know Connie had been the start the best relationship she had ever had.
Connie 18 years ago
Connie gazed deeply into Nyra's eyes. "Well, you know, that key Ah gave you is more than just to visit whenever you want..." Connie left her statement hanging as she guided Nyra into the Crate&Barrel store they were still standing near.

She walked right past the plates.
"I think I'll get plates from Sears, or maybe the thrift stores." She stopped in front of a rack of assorted napkins and placemats. One of them caught her eye; multicolored bright stripes in reds, blues, greens, yellows, purples and a hint of black. The placemats have contrasting black fringe. Coordinated black herringbone weave napkins seemed to be slated to accompany those mats.

"I think I like these." Suddenly her eyes widened as she dug into her purse and pulled out her list. Writing quickly, she mumbled, "George Foreman Grill."

Replacing the notepad, she commented bemusedly, "Of course, neither of us has washer or dryer..."
Nyra 18 years ago
Nyra giggled at Connie's obsession with placemats. It was so endearing. Though she did wonder what a George Foreman Grill was.

"Oh, I have a washer and dryer. They are the cute stackable kind. I had them built into the kitchen cabinetry. I planned on donating them to a homeless shelter when I went home. But with painting, I do laundry almost daily."

Glancing around the store she spied a beautiful fountain she liked.

"You are always welcome to come over and do laundry." She glanced back at the beauty, with her armfull of colorful fabric, and grinned widely. "I think there will be a present under your pillow tonight that should help."

Mentaly noting to get the spare key out of her car for Connie. Though how to slip it under that one tiny pillow was a problem. Keys aside, she wanted a closer look at that fountain and began making her way carefully to it. Even if it made her place sound like an aquarium!
Connie 18 years ago
"I must have completely missed them. Either that or you hide them. Or I was too busy looking at you to worry about washing clothes when I would rather have been tearing them from you and licking you from head to toe." Connie raised her purse in front of her face and slowly began bonking herself on the forehead with a corner.

Connie followed Nyra over to the fountain. "Pillows! Can't forget pillows. I think I got em on the list. Though you're mighty comfterbul as a pillow, love." Connie nudged Nyra playfully, then suddenly got a concerned look on her face.

"I don't kick or punch or flail or anything, do I? I haven't shared mah bed with anyone for longer than a few hours in a while."
Nyra 18 years ago
Nodding at the 'hide them' comment swiftly turned into a slow shocked acquiescence. The idea was enough to send shivers through her body and make her bite her lip before she noticed her lover bonking herself with her purse. It was a good thing that neither of them had a wall handy, they both liked to 'face palm' too much.

The pillow comment made Nyra smile.
"I may be pillowy but I bet some nice firm synthetic pillows would be much more comfy. I have one of those giant full body pillows at home. Which may be why I slept on top of you for most of last night."

Trying to think if she was disturbed last night at all left her feeling blank. "I think you and I slept like the dead, I dont once recall moving or being uncomfortable."

Trailing her hand through the water fountain she looked at it closely. Finally she shook her head, deciding this was not quite the right style she wanted, though it was amazingly beautiful.

"How about we get your placemats and then head to Sears. They should have most things on your list and I would like to check out their stereo's myself."
Connie 18 years ago
"And napkins, too! Napkins too," she said, then went back to the wall and pulled twelve placemats and twelve napkins from the racks. Mumbling as she looked around, she commented dryly, "Of course, it would help if I had more than one friend in Nachton to invite over for dinner!"

Connie paid cash, and they walked arm-in-arm to Sears. "Stereo system, hmm. For when you create? Or to... dance? Or just for music because music is fun and refreshing?"

Connie hoped the lilt of terror in her voice when she said "dance" wasn't too evident. She really, really, really did despise dancing.
Nyra 18 years ago
Wanting to hug and comfort Connie, Nyra quickly mentioned the people she had met in Nachton. "Most people are quite friendly. I have met many people already and made friends. Perhaps we could have them over sometime."

Just thinking of Bertrand Hirsch made her think he could invite a dozen people easy to a dinner. Should they want, they could have him over and a few other artsy type people if desired. Though if Connie wanted to throw a dinner party with her was a totally undiscussed issue but Nyra was optimistic.

As they walked out of the store the artist thought about her music collection, most of it still in Oregon.
"Well, most of my music is for fun. Not just for creating or dancing. But more fun to sing along and wiggle around as if I had talent."

Perhaps she could ask her mother to ship her down some things. Which of course reminded her to call her mother, she should do that soon as they got back to the lofts.

"In Oregon I couldn't play music too loudly, because my mom's studio was next door"
Connie 18 years ago
"Wayel, we'll just have to invite some people over for dinner. Though, maybe not many of the artsy folks... Be nice just to have a girls' night in, yanno?"

Connie's hand caressed knowingly across the shorter woman's waist. Her hand splayed against her hip, thumb stroking gently, she said, "I dunno, I feel more talent in these hips than you give yourself credit for. Speaking of your mama, you have to call her back, don't you. Have you... well decided what yer gonna tell her?"

She wondered briefly what Nyra might say to her mother.

"Oh, we had dinner Mom."
"Oh, we had dinner and chatted for a while."
"Oh, we had dinner and chatted and I offered myself to her as neighbor, friend, lover, then we made passionate, tender love in her brand new, unused-even-for-sleeping bed..."

She couldn't supress a giggle as they turned into the bedding department of Sears. Blushing, she did her best to quiet the uprising chuckle.
Nyra 18 years ago
"mmmm, girls night" Nyra quietly contemplated with a husky comment. Her mind slipping back to the 'girls night' they shared last night. Though she knew this was not Connie's idea of a dinner party, somehow she couldn't stop the naughty thoughts.

Her mind sunk deeper into the memories as her lover's talented fingers stroked her hip. Bitting her lip she tried to pay attention to the words coming out of that gorgeous and talented mouth. Somewhere she found her voice though it was barely audible.
"Oh, I just sway to the beat, as it calls to me."

Tapping her finger against her forehead she closed her eyes and recited "Mental note: call mom and tell her how happy I am. Thanks for the reminder, now I am sure not to forget."

Somehow they had made their way into the bedding department. How appropriate. Perhaps she could convince Connie the need to house a large pillow, or two, on her bed. Surely the could come in handy for one thing or another.

Finding herself petting a soft fuzzy blanket as she watched her lover wander through the department, Nyra paid close attention to what the beauty liked. It never hurt to be aware of what your friends and loved ones were drawn to. As Connie ran her hands over one of those tiny showroom type display beds, Nyra joined her, still petting the blanked she had picked up somewhere.

"I could see you sprawled out on that." coughing "I mean, I could see that on your bed.

The artist hid her face in the blanket. "I ment, that would look lovely in your loft."
Connie 18 years ago
"On the show bed, or on the blanket you're holding?"

Connie rested her hand against Nyra's as she stroked the fuzzy blanket. Brushing her thumb against the other woman's, she smiled and nodded. "I think I might like that one."

Winking, she moved to the next aisle over. "Any suggestions for pillows? I was going to get four regular sized soft pillows, and one that matched the bedspread..." Her voice trailed off and she snapped her fingers. "Actually, we'd need to get that one from Penney's, or I could just order it, no sense prolongin' the shopping trip needlessly unless there was something you wanted over there."

As she looked at the pillows, she noticed the stacks of sheets on the shelf just beyond. "Migh' even want to be pickin' up some more satin or cotton sheets... 'Specially if we have to change 'em after every time you and I share the bed."

The gaze Connie bestowed upon Nyra was one of tenderness and desire, and wasn't accusatory at all. The memories flashing through her head were quite warming, and the vampire was glad she'd worn a bra or she'd be quite visible.

"Actually, with Nyra, you wouldn't mind being visible now would you."
"No, but that's not the point."
"Actually, -they- are the point, but yes, you're right."

Connie noticed at this moment that a lot of her inner dialogue came in bouts of three, then shook her head. Picking up one of the softer pillows, she tossed it at her companion.
"Something like this? Or do you prefer something with a little more firmness?"
Nyra 18 years ago
With a vivid blush staining her face Nyra tried to make sense of what Connie said. Finally she gave up and decided not to clarify anything for fear of digging herself in deeper. The sample bed was pretty with its grey and purple patterned bedspread and matching sheets, pillows and accessories. Somehow the stores always managed to make it seem so overdone though. Who needs six pillows in a variety of small odd shapes that match your sheets, dust ruffle and bedspread?!

At the beauty's mention of sheets, and their use of them, Nyra's blush spread down her neck to her chest. Somehow this shopping trip had turned into an amazing trip down last night's memories or even tonight's plans. While flustered, the artist found herself excited too. Surely with time this blushing naivite would pass. She wanted the excitement and rush of heat, just not to be embarassed about it. Hopefully it was just the passing inexperience with passion instead of her nature.

Looking down at the soft pink blanket she continued to pet. Things like this had a way of finding her without her concious knowledge. Be they fuzzy, soft, artistically intriguing or beautiful, she found herself with them. Thinking back to the glass sculpture and her embarassing escapade made her vow to pay more attention to things happening around her.

Of course she was berating herself, she almost didnt hear her lover. Thankfully she caught the pillow, dead in the face, before catching it on top of the blanket. So much for paying attention she sighed at herself. Squishing the pillow made it poof and flatten.

"I prefer nice plump pillows that are firm but soft. This one is way too squishy for me personally."

Walking over to the rack she put the soft one back and proceeded to squeeze every style on display. Finally around the rack she found one style she liked, syntheticly firm but with a puffy give that would support without flattening immediately. She brought it over to Connie. "What do you think of this one?"
Connie 18 years ago
Connie gently took the blanket from Nyra's hands and draped it over her shoulder, then stretched the pillow out. Almost three feet across, she guesstimated, she held it vertically, longways, in front of the artist. Tilting her head, she held her left hand at the top of the pillow, and placed her right in the small of Nyra's back. Gently, she moved her left hand just underneath Nyra's chin, allowing the pillow to fall along her curves and inspected the fit from the side.

With a quiet "hmm," she carefully moved in front of Nyra and pressed herself against the pillow. Left hand joined right behind her back, and pulled her rounder lover closer. A thoughtful look on her face, Connie held the pillow to her own chest and turned Nyra around. She clasped her hands at the artist's belly, pausing a moment to will herself not to let her hands travel. Her face leaned over and she whispered,
"I think I like the pillow, yes. We should get four of these."

She let the pillow fall from between them and just hugged Nyra from behind, taking in her subdued clean scent. After a few moments, she pressed a lingering kiss on the spot just below her earlobe, behind her jaw. "Let's continue shopping, dear, before I make us do something that could get us aroused. I mean arrested."
Nyra 18 years ago
Nyra stood still as Connie tested out the pillow. Then she raised her brows as her lover tested it out against her body. That was a bit unusual. Though the pressure was definately intriguing, made her want to grab the taller woman close and kiss her breathless. The soft kiss on her neck made her quake and she tried in valliantly to come up with a witty reply to the goddess' comment.

"Let's continue shopping, dear, before I make us do something that could get us aroused. I mean arrested."

"Too late."

Her husky reply was not witty in the least but all her mushy brain could come up with. Was it good for brain cells to just disolve into jello? she wondered.

Purposefully she gathered up three more pillows, her fuzzy blanky and followed anywhere Connie wanted to go.
Connie 18 years ago
"If Ah had mah druthers, I'd take you into the storeroom and ask ya to help me best figger out how to alleviate that..." Connie's head craned over Nyra's as she looked towards the swinging double doors. Several palettes were lined up just outside and she detected activity just beyond that barrier.

"Unfertunately, someone's workin' in there. So howsabout we finish shoppin' and do our best to behave, grab lunch, and go home and ca...lect the mess we made and see about makin' another?" The vampire caught herself before she let "call your ma" out of her mouth. She wasn't quite certain how Nyra would react to being reminded that she needed to make the call. And by react, she realized, she didn't want to derail the slow simmer their bodies had suddenly heated to.

"Ah still need a bunch of things. Some of 'em might be cheaper at Target or Walmart, though I've never went into a Walmart that I've liked. And I definately want to check out that thrift store you mentioned. And probly should get a couple plants for the place, too, give it a lil' extra color, oh and a hamper. I need a hamper." She decided to mention the call. "And you have a phone call to make. Don' want yer mama ta be worryin' bout you especially since you said you'd call her."

The three little tidbits of the conversation welled up in her head again, and the giggling caught up to her, bubbling up as laughter.
Nyra 18 years ago
Torn between shock and heat at Connie's blunt speech, Nyra simply stood staring warmly at her lover. The idea of having such an intimate moment in a public place was disturbing, in a shocking and arousing way. She did not want to contemplate it too much as she was just getting comfortable being so intimate with Connie.

She quietly listened to the goddess list what she needed and her thoughts on the places to get them. Feeling a bit more on firmer footing Nyra smiled. Connie sure could make wonderful lists. What a great habit to have, especially since the artist had already forgotten to call her mother.

"Why dont we see what we can get here, in the mall. Be it Sears, Penney's or even Dillards. If you are buying permanently we should buy the best quality available. I personally abhor Wal-mart quality and dont get anything there. Of course being the girl with a good income from paintings and a trust fund to fall back on, I dont mind paying top dollar for good quality for permanent items."

Smiling she grabbed up five pillows of the kind she had picked out and Connie had approved of. Four for Connies' place and two for her own. She inwardly felt nine kinds of stupid for mentioning money like that. Her mother always told her it was terribly tacky to be overtly wealthy so they lived modestly. Mentioning it to a lover or potential mate was doubly stupid since it enticed greed. Deciding her face had not betrayed her overmuch she treated the comment blithely.

"We can get hampers and that kind of thing right here. Do you know what kind you want?"