Mathias - Vampire (Tacharan)

Basic Information
Birth Name: Alexi Novokov
Aliases: Mathias Alexandrei (Current), Lucian Marcellus, Greyson Michaels
Place of Birth: Constantinople (Now Istanbul,Turkey)
Agereal and apparant) 1015/27
Male/Female: Male
Current Occupation: Religious/Medieval historian,occaisonal hunter
Past Occupation: (If different from above) Knight,Mercenary,Bon Vivant
Appearance Neat,spartan - nothing flashy or outre,just simple clean clothing
Hair Color: Black
Length and Style: short
Eye Color: Green
Skin Color: Tan
Height: 6'0"
Weight: 190 lbs.
Nationality: Russian
Race: (I.E. Vampire, human etc.) Vampire
Body Type: Tall,stocky,athletic
Description (if an NPC) or name of your creator(if a PC): Lucian
Personal Questions

1. Describe your character's personality
Reserved,stoic. Doesn't usually say much - except the occaisonal dry remark. Always watching and observing though. In private around those he trusts implicitly (a rare group) can be much more open and "fun"

2. Describe how your character would appear to a stranger (I.E. typical dress, way they carry themselves etc.)
Simple,clean clothes,nothing flashy. Jeans,t-shirts - that sort of thing. Fitted,not too tight or too loose. always moves with an economy of effort - no wasted steps.

3.What does your character like?
Honor,Loyalty-These are tenets by which he exists. Physical activty - exercise is both praise and prayer to The Lord. Big country music fan - they remind him of the troubadors he grew up around,and the crowds,while rough hewn are amongst the most "real". History - Having been a witness to a millenia of existence Mathias finds both standard and religous history fascinating.

4. Dislike?
Craven inviduals, cowards of both spiritual and more tangible varieties. Those who would prey upon the defenseless

5. (For humans) Describe what abilities you see your character having if they were turned.

6. What are your fears?
Being damned for all eternity, living without honor. Deep in the day, when none is about...Mathias fears existing alone.

7. What is your character's strengths and weaknesses?
My loyalty and honor are my shield,and my mind is the strongest weapon I possess. That, and a steel broadsword *chuckle* That selfsame loyalty and honor are weaknesses when misused or taken advantage of by the unscrupulous - something that only occurs once. Having lived as I have - the tendency to slip into the past becomes harder to overcome...reverie of the past is a reminder of my future.

Hobbies & Skills
Calligraphy(Used to be an illuminator at a monastary in Romainia). Speaks Russian,Latin,German,Hebrew,Arabic and English. Proficient in multiple weapons and Martial arts styles - something that isn't as impressive as one would think!! *more chuckles* Researching Middle Ages military and religous histories.

Abilities
Command
Coat of Arms
Agility
Perception

Flaws
Haunted by those they've killed
Cursed
Heavy Sleeper

Cosmetic Traits(These must be minor, see the rules)
scar starting above his left eyebrow and crossing to the right along the bridge of his nose

Quirks and Habits worthy of mention
Aside from the occaisonal moment of past reverie,tends to think 5 moves ahead - sometimes comes off as "spaced out" although he is perfectly cognizant of his surroundings ( In fact somewhat better than most!)

Personal History (Please be detailed, this creates your basis for your character) Things were not always as they are. Before I was of Tacharan I was of Anantya,before that I was a knight...and in the beginning I was just a boy...

I was born in The Year of Our Lord 990 in what is now Istanbul. Then it was known as Constantinople and it was the center of the Eastern Christian world.

My parents were emmisaries,sent from the newly converted Grand Prince of Kiev,Volodmyr. Constantinople was called The City and for good reason,it was as cosmopolitan and diverse as any on the earth. I prayed at Hagia Sophia,ran the streets with muslim children and broke bread with hebrew merchants. It was a golden age,and like all things it was not to last. Kiev was threatened by a barbaric people,the Khazars. My father left with the forces of Constantinople to defend our home and was slain in battle. My mother withdrew,eventually secluding herself in a nunnery. I was left to my own devices as it were...a ward of the court. I learned of art,history...and more importantly of faith and duty.

When I came of age,I took my vows as a holy knight and went forth from the only home I had known to defend a place I had only heard of in stories - a place that had claimed my father. In The Year of Our Lord 1016 the army of Basil II of Constantinople confronted the last of the Khazar khans in battle and we were victorious. However, in victory I fell - gravely wounded by a barbarian's blade. While I expected to serve at God's right hand, fate again cruelly intervened. Lucian,who followed our crusade,saw me fall in battle. My valor in battle stirred something in his withered heart.

As night descended on the field and carrion of both two legged and winged variety arrived he "saved" me. Well what he did was damn me beyond God's grace but that sounds unappreciative. I was confused,scared and bewildered - why had God forsaken me,why was I being punished? Lucian explained that I was not damned,that I was of a special breed - that God above had a purpose for me. At his side, I learned more than Constantinople could have taught me. the true history of the world,of battle and tactics and art. The known world was open to me,muted now in shadows of the night.

We followed the knights of Constantinople and of Europe - aiding them in battle against infidel and barbarian - a shadow crusade if you will. He taught me the ways of our kind,of Anatya and our lineage. Lucian was taken from us in 1187,defending Jerusalem and I alone survived. Perhaps alone is incorrect - as we had met others of our "kind". Christian,Jew,Muslim and older beliefs - if God had a purpose for us,then why were we not the only ones? I continued the crusade,ifhgting in battle until the Crusaders turned on the Eastern Church and sacked my beautiful Constantinople. The doubts I had were realized then and much woe was visted upon the crusaders resting in my home that night. I made my way to monastery in Romainia,one that I had heard accepted my kind. My prayers to The Lord,prayed for forgiveness and tried to understand my life as it was now.

One can only hide from the world for so long - and there came a time where I had to become part of it again. So I wandered,observing history - but not really a part of it,eternally outside. I knew moments of light,and sheer darkness - I aspired to rise above my chains,and for a time the demon I feared I was. throughout all this however,Anatya was home to me. For the final time,Fate laughed at me however. Another of the clan attacked me,the reasons are unimportant now - I defended myself and he was slain. For this however I was outcast and I left the only family I had known for centuries.

I wish I could describe for you the time between then and my discovery of Ellis and Tacharan - but it is a bleak and dark time,best left for nightmares when all the world is asleep. Suffice to say I have many sins to redeem for.
Ellis has given me a home,a family - and most important a purpose again. For this I am eternally grateful and I owe her a debt of blood. Now I serve Tacharan,my mind and blade pledged to Ellis and the clan.

Odd Questions(To help define your character)
1. A stranger at a bar offers your character a drink, what is a typical response?
thank them politely,perhaps a little conversation - I am not one for "chit-chat"
2. Your character finds a lost child alone on the streets. What do they do?
Find a police officer and make sure the child is safe
3. A barfight erupts in the nightclub your character is in, what do they do?
Observe,defend myself if attacked or if a defenseless person is attacked.
4.What animal does your character most identify with?
a bear - slow to rouse to anger,but fierce when it comes to it.
OOC Info:

Player name (online is fine) Mathias
Other Characters you play Mathias (First one!)
How you came to SA (Other board, friend, etc) Friend