Driving to the Hotel, Dinner, and a Rescue (lock)

Connie's heart and soul swelled from her time with Nyra, but the aching emptiness in her belly as well as the wriggly twitching in her guts just was too much to ignore.

She took a shortcut around some electrical work being done in the center of The Strip and found herself in an alleyway that she recognized would eventually connect her six blocks closer to the Piazza.

Her windows still open, the only music playing that which was inside her heart and mind from being with Nyra, she heard a scream in the darkness, then as she passed another alley, saw someone struggling and disappear into a building.

Turning off her lights, she coasted into the alley, and stopped near the door that had closed. She knew she wouldn't have time to change, not if that scream had been any indication.

She kicked the door down and followed the thudding and grunting up the stairs, taking steps in fours, landing lightly, unheard. Her sensitive hearing directed her down a hall; she followed quickly, and stopped the closing of another door.

"Whadda fuck?" was all she heard before a gunshot exploded near her head; splinters showered her hair. Her fist lashed out, catching the man in the chest, hurling him across the empty apartment she seemed to be in. The victim was silent, but breathing, probably passed out.

Connie buried her fangs into the attacker's neck, draining him to the point he wouldn't be getting back up, then picked up the gun and shot him in the leg. She took the hat the guy seemed to be wearing and covered it in the blood seeping from his leg, then dragged it deliberately on the ground towards the hall, as if he'd been shot somewhere else.

Connie leaned over the girl and was about to drink again - the attacker was good, adrenaline was one of the finer spices for blood - but she could smell something in the girl that made her stomach turn again. "Drugs. Dammit."

As she returned to her car, she shook out her hair and wiped her mouth, then dug out her cell phone.

"Nachton PD."

She tried to make her voice sound gruff and manly.

"Yeah, I just saw a guy drag a girl into a building on the alley between Clinton and Frederick streets. I heard a gunshot, but the door's barred and I can't get in. No, I'd rather not stay."

She gave the address and drove off, lights dark, til she was a block away. She heard sirens behind her as she entered the garage of the Piazza.