Home again, home again ((Lock))

((Continues the second date from Moonliight Stroll))

Unlocking her front door and waving Connie inside was such a normal thing to do, it made Nyra relax. She loved this loft and the fact that it was hers for a several more weeks.

At the thought of leaving a twinge gripped her stomach. How could she stay so far away from home and all she knew but how could she leave and not date Connie anymore. In fumbling with closing the door she made up her mind to not worry about something like that now. This was only their second date for crying out loud!

"Would you like something to drink?" she asked as she put the leftovers, still in their bag, into the fridge.

Connie 18 years ago
Connie followed Nyra into her loft, surprised at the ease with which the woman threw the sliding metal door open and waved her inside.

Indeed, even with the seeming cultural differences, personality differences, in the loft across the hall from her own, Connie felt at home, welcome, wanted.

She walked, nearly on Nyra's heels, into the kitchen, then watched as the bag of leftovers was placed haphazardly on a shelf in the fridge. Nyra turned to her to ask if she'd wanted a drink, and the bag ponderously tipped and started to fall.

She stepped forward once more, pressing herself against Nyra, one hand around her waist, the other catching the bag of food. Breath heavy, face close to Nyra's, she said,
"I'll take whatever you usually drink when painting, please."

She curled the top of the bag and slid it back onto the shelf a bit better, then smiled at Nyra and winked.
Nyra 18 years ago
Warmth rushed through Nyra at Connie's swift movement. Feeling the woman's curves against her own brought the warmth and then embarassment at realizing that the leftovers had caused the action. She put her face in her hand briefly "Thank you for catching that. It appears me and this fridge have issues."

She swiftly poured two glasses of water without further distruction.

"You wouldn't mind standing for just a few minutes. I just want to do a few sketches. Then I promise to not pester you about posing for me again. Tonight anyways."
Connie 18 years ago
Connie sipped from her water as Nyra spoke about sketching. "I don't mind standin' for a few minutes, or even an hour. Or layin' down. Or sittin' or squattin' or whatever. And you're allowed to pester me whenever you want. I don' mind strippin' down or stayin' clothed or whatever. I... well that is... I feel completely comfortable with you. And..." She stopped rambling, but looked directly into Nyra's eyes as she finished, "I don't want tonight to end."
Nyra 18 years ago
"Oh, I am so very glad. I dont want the evening to end either." Relief flooded Nyra. "But I dont want you to pose if you dont want to. I would hate to take advantage of you."

All the ways to be take advantage of Connie rushed to her brain, flooding her body with warmth. The image of her date laying naked upon the futon did nothing to cool her off either. Somehow she had to get a grip on herself before she flung herself at Connie.

Trying to think of anything to cool herself off with, she fiddled with her easel. The picture from yesterday was still on it, though it had dried sufficiently to move. Realizing that she had only known the beautiful woman in front of her for barely 24 hours was just the bucket of ice water she needed.

"What I mean is, I would hate to take advantage of the fact that you dont want the night to end by making you model for me when you dont wish to. I really like you Connie, I feel like I have known you much longer than 24 hours."
Connie 18 years ago
Connie moved with Nyra as she rambled. She couldn't figure out if the shorter woman was trying to talk herself out of letting Connie pose, or if there was something else running through her head.

For the first time tonight, Nyra was as opaque as the paints on the canvas she futzed with.

Connie moved forward and stopped Nyra's fidgety digits; with her other hand she reached to the end of her chin and brought those beautiful hazel eyes to look into her own.
"I want to model for you. Whether it's now, tomorrah, or in a week, I'm not too picky. I'd love to do it tonight. And tomorrah. And next week. And while I'm tempted to pick you up and carry you to your bed..."

Darn. She'd said it out loud again. "I don't want to rush you or make things happen too soon that may or may not happen in the natural course of things, whether I want them to or not."
Nyra 18 years ago
She was torn at the touch of Connie's hands versus her words. The right thing to do would be to go slower and take things naturally. But her pounding pulse was not agreeing with her head.

"I wish I knew what to do. Honestly I dont think I have ever felt this attracted to anyone before. People have always been secondary to my art. I just dont know what natural is. My head keeps telling me that everything is moving too fast. But my body keeps insisting its not."

Nyra knew she was making a hash of this. The beautiful woman in front of her did not deserve some messed up flake as a date. Unfortuntately flakey was just about the only way she could describe herself at the moment.

"I am so sorry. I just dont know..." How do you explain that you dont know what to do in situations like this. The few and far between lovers she had had, were fellow artists who she had known a very long time. This was so intense and overwhelming she wasnt sure how to react, how to be, how to do anything at the moment.
Connie 18 years ago
Connie could see the war in Nyra's eyes - body, heart and mind were three equally powerful adversaries. She saw the precipice she was standing on; her toes were dangling over the line to be crossed and she took a figurative step back.

She took one step closer to Nyra, and after her hand slid to caress her cheek with her palm, she said,
"Then thank you for tonight, Nyra."

She pressed her lips softly to Nyra's other cheek, then leaned her forehead against the artist's for a moment, then stepped back, hands still barely clasping. "Tomorrow is the last day I'll be at the hotel; the construction should be finished by the day after that. I'll call you tonight after work, if you want," she offered.
Nyra 18 years ago
This woman's strength as well as her strength of character continued to amazing Nyra.

"Thank you. I would love to hear from you after work."

Unable to resist she leaned forward and kissed Connie gently. She knew the signals were all mixed up and confused but could not send this beautiful woman out into the night without once more feeling those lush lips against her own. She pulled back enough to look into Connie's amazing smokey eyes. "Thank you for the most wonderful date of my life."
Connie 18 years ago
Connie smiled, her cheeks flushing. "Ah'm glad you had fun. Ah'm glad I had fun!" "Need to clamp down on the accent, Connie." Her hand squeezed Nyra's one last time, then took another step back, hesitatingly letting go. "And to think, this was just the second..." she said musingly.

"G'night Nyra. Sleep well."

Connie stepped back as carefully as she could so as not to knock anything over, then turned and moved to the door. She slid it open, then turned to look at Nyra again.

(( Connie exits, but waiting for response from Nyra. ))
Nyra 18 years ago
"Goodnight Connie."

Nyra watched her date leave the loft and softly thunk the large door closed. Somehow she would sleep tonight, but not now. She was so torn up inside, wishing Connie had stayed, thankfull she hadn't. Instead of fighting herself over it she simply plucked the finished canvases off the three easels and replaced them with new.

She began quickly sketching out her ideas in a grey charcol pencil. Once the basic shapes were down she grabbed up the palette and began painting in swift sure strokes. This she knew, it was where she was most comfortable.

As the sun rose in the sky the paintings were almost finished. All of them were of Connie. One in the fountain with moonlight dancing on the water and her eyes. One of her looking flushed and just kissed against the greenery and white flowers inside the archway. The last was her standing in the doorway to Nyra's loft. Half turned to go, hand resting on the handle, looking torn between leaving and staying but sureness of returning no matter what.

Nyra flung herself into bed and pulled the covers up over her head, uncaring if she got paint on the sheets or not, she slept.

((Nyra out))