Sunday Shopping (open)

(( Continued from Arting Around All Day ))

The cabbie stopped in front of Rachyl's apartment building, and the two women got out. As the driver started to rattle off the fare, Rachyl said, "If you wait here six minutes, we'll be right back out, and there'll be a little something extra in it for you."

Hand-in-hand, into the building they ran, then up the stairs and into Rachyl's "ratflat." She dropped off the blanket-in-a-bag, quickly freshened up, then found a pale green blouse for Meegan. "It might be a tad small, but it should fit you."

They ran down to the cab, and made it back within five minutes. "Thanks for waiting," Rachyl said. The drive went quickly.

They stepped out of the cab, and Rachyl tipped the cabbie as she had promised, with a little extra. As they walked in the searing heat towards the entrance, Rachyl commented, "You look cute in my blouse, it's a bit short but I love how it shows off your belly and navel ring. I'm sorry but it's the only color I had clean."

Meegan 18 years ago
"Yes, well there are several stores in the mall that will have something. It will be alright for now." Meegan just hoped that they didn't run into anyone she knew. She tugged self-consciously at the too-small top. The women stepped through a revolving door into the airconditioned environ that is The Mall.

"Look there's a shop that will do just nicely." It happened to be a lingerie shop, but she was sure one of their corsets would do just fine.
Rachyl 18 years ago
Rachyl watched as Meegan almost squirmed in the smaller blouse, surpressed a smirk. "If you get a corset, you need to help me retie mine. It's getting kind of wonky."

"And after we get you situated, I want us to sit by that fountain for a minute or two."
Meegan 18 years ago
"Alright. I guess that's fine." Meegan winked at her friend and walked into the mood-lit enterior of the shop. Her eyes were drawn immediately to a black corset with intricate brocade and back lacing. She walked purposefully to the display and chose her size. She was in luck as they had only one 32 left. She took it down and made her way to the fitting rooms, dragging Rachyl with her.

They entered the dressing room and flipped the lock. Meegan shrugged out of the offending blouse and placed it on the little bench. She took the corset off it's hanger and slipped it on presenting her back to Rachyl.

The red-head set about pulling the lacings tight, but not restictingly so. When she was finished she gave Meegan's bottoma pat and smiled. Meegan turned and returned the favor to her friend.

Smiling Meegan tugged the tag off the bodice and opened the stall door for Rachyl.
Rachyl 18 years ago
Rachyl took the hand Meegan was holding in her own, and allowed the door to close. She latched the door. "While it has always been a fantasy of mine to make love in one of these dressing rooms, this is probably better than by the fountain, so you can hear me. Besides, the others are empty."

She sat Meegan down, holding her hands fast. She closed her eyes for a moment, then opened them, peering questioningly at her friend. "You weren't surprised by the state of my apartment. You knew where I live, obviously. Had you seen pictures? Had you visited that day you left early a couple weeks ago? Or did you just get a description?"

Her voice was even, not in the least bit accusatory; she just spoke matter of factly, in a conversational tone.
Meegan 18 years ago
Meegan sighed softly. "I have never seen your apartment before this day. I knew of the address and it's ah location. I had hoped that you would have found something else by now, but I can only assume you do not feel you can afford to break your lease. If that is the case, then I will pay for it and you can return the money later, if you wish."

Meegan hoped that didn't sound as snobby as it did in her head. She really did want Rachyl in a nicer place.
Rachyl 18 years ago
Rachyl digested Meegan's words for a moment, and her hand raised slowly to caress her cheek. "Your offer is appreciated, Meegan, but not necessary. I've got two weeks left on the lease, and was going to start searching for a place tomorrow. Besides, once I move, I'll be able to send for my laptop and some other important stuff, and with what I've saved from my first two months at Gothic-Ah, as well as the extremely generous salary I'm earning, I should be a bit better off. I just needed to get onto my feet. Thank you..."

Her voice trailed off, and the unsaid "for everything" echoed in her mind, and she knew Meegan probably inferred it.
Meegan 18 years ago
Meegan hugged Rachyl close. "You're welcome, sweety." She sat back and patted Rachyl on the thigh. "Now can we get out of here, it's hot in this little stall, and the girl probably thinks we're stealing things or having sex."

Meegan popped up and held open the door for Rachyl.
Rachyl 18 years ago
Grinning mischievously, Rachyl pulled the door closed again and said, "Well, we still can take care of that second one..."

Giggling, she kissed Meegan's cheek, and opened the door again, and stepped out.
Meegan 18 years ago
Laughing, Meegan walked to the counter and handed the woman the tag and her credit card. She nearly laughed out loud again when the woman's eyes traveled down the length of the thing silver chain, perhaps wondering what was so privledge to neslte between her breasts. Instead Meegan winked at the woman and signed the credit slip. She took Rachyl's hand and walked out of the shop suppressing her laughter.
Rachyl 18 years ago
Rachyl enjoyed listening to Meegan laugh. Back out in the Mall, the women looked both ways before setting off to the left. "So what did you want to come here for? Flags for the vases? I might want to pick up something a bit less Gothic-y for weekends or bummin' around the house."
Meegan 18 years ago
Meegan gave a faked gasp and put her hand to her barely contained breasts. "What you mean you can't lounge around your house in this stuff? You're kidding, right?" She made her face pitiful and her eyes watery as though she just realized her puppy would become a dog.

Laughter bubbled up her throat and she could not keep the face. She broke into the bright tinkling laugh and pressed her hand to Rachyl's forearm.
Rachyl 18 years ago
Rachyl placed her hand on Meegan's, and stopped their forward motion, then stood on her tippytoes to whisper in her ear. "If I did, more often than not, I'd be so sexually frustrated with both wearing it and not having you tear it off me that I'd be virtually forced to play with myself, probably either with that blue glass dildo or some of the ballchain." Her tongue flicked out to catch Meegan's earlobe quickly, so they wouldn't attract an audience. "Or both."

She dropped back to her flat feet and tried to walk a few steps ahead, but was restrained by Meegan's suddenly tightened arm.
Meegan 18 years ago
"Please don't do that in public. I have little enough control when it comes to leaving your clothes on you, with out you doing that."

Meegan gave Rachyl's arm a squeeze and let her go. Hopping that the flames in her eyes weren't adding a nice singed look to her lashes.

"Come on let's go find you some corny t-shirts and some american flags stuff."
Rachyl 18 years ago
Rachyl smiled coquettishly at Meegan. "Only thing stopping you is a little audience?"

She tilted her head almost submissively as she said, "I shall endeavor to behave... In public. But I want some baby-doll tees, too, oh and a tie. A nice, long tie."

Taking Meegan's hand again, she dragged her to the nearest information and map stand. "I still don't know my way around this mall yet, though. Don't spend enough time here, but then, my Mom would say I'm too old for it."

She giggled as she looked over the clothing store listings. Directing Meegan's attention to a raven-haired, plump girl - who couldn't have been older than fourteen, dressed nearly the same as Meegan and herself - she whispered, "In New Jersey, young girls dressed like that are commonly referred to as prosti-tots. Far too young to be dressing as they do." She pursed her lips thoughtfully. "They're also probably a good percentage of our target shopper demographic, aren't they."
Meegan 18 years ago
Meegan nodded with a grin. "Fifteen to twenty-seven is our target. Prosti-tots, I like that word, I'll just have to try and say it with out wanting to giggle."

Meegan pointed to a store called Aeropostal on the map. "I like this store for jeans and t-shirts, ever been?"
Rachyl 18 years ago
Rachyl shook her head, then changed her mind and nodded. "Well, I've drool-browsed there, but never purchased. I've always been the frugal type, and only in the last couple months have I been a bit of a splurge. Well not so much splurge, but then, I don't have the same expenses here that I did at home, so I guess it's more of a financial shift into what my spending does."

Rachyl noted the location, and walked with Meegan towards the store.
Meegan 18 years ago
The center of the store boasted a small grouping of chairs and couches. Meegan left Rachyl to browse and went to perch in one of the over-stuffed armchairs. Occaisionall Rachyl would hold something up for her to see and Meegan would either nod approval or shake her head, especially to that light green and pink number she'd picked up.
Rachyl 18 years ago
Pouting playfully when Meegan disapproved of the pink-and-green outfit, she moved around to the baby-doll tees. She tried to find one that not only would be short enough for her torso, but that would be wide enough to safely contain her breasts. She realized that the entirety of the selection had the brand name "Aeropostale" silkscreened onto them. She set her selections down and moved over to Meegan, and sat gingerly on her lap. "Can we go to Hot Topic, or somewhere that isn't as full of itself as a brand?"
Meegan 18 years ago
"Sure, but the jeans here are really great. You should get one pair, if nothing else."

Meegan bounced her knees a bit and grinned at Rachyl.

"I think you might like what Express has to offer and Charlotte Rousse for that matter."
Rachyl 18 years ago
Rachyl nodded, and hopped up, and went back to the pile of jeans and tops she'd chosen, then selected a pair of medium wash bluejeans, and a pastel blue baby-doll with "Aeropostale" screened in an almost foil motif across where her breasts would go. She left the rest where they were. Turning to Meegan, she said, "Okay, I'm ready," and headed to the register.

The girl at the counter - who seemed to have more metal in her face than skin - looked somewhat surprised to see an otherwise Goth-dressed plump chick hand her a babydoll and jeans to be rung up.
"Could I get one of those pale blue Truck Stop baseball caps, too please?"

She drew out her wallet, and dug out her credit card.