Sunday Mass and Brunch(private, Rachyl)(lock please)

Meegan had left her house early enough to drop the car off at the rental place and chose to walk the seven blocks down The Strip to Sts. Peter and Paul Holy Roman Catholic Church. The nine o'clock mass was always the fullest, and she began to wonder if she should maybe wait an hour and go at ten. She didn't exactly enjoy the stares her floor-length black rubber trimmed skirt, with a hidden zipper that allowed her to make it mid-thigh length, and black cami with little red buttons and a small bow between her breasts, was garnering. She sighed softly. 'One would think in a city like this where the largest Catholic Church is on The Strip, would be more tolerant of clothing choices, but nooo.'

She ascended the steps and took her place in the third pew on the left, that was the great thing about Catholic Churches, everyone sat in the same spot every single Sunday. She knew each time that her little space would be empty. If it wasn't, well she'd find another, but that had only happened twice since she'd been in Nachton.

She endured the fourty-five minutes, of standing, sitting, kneeling, singing and repeating the words she had said every Sunday since she was old enough to get them out of her face. When the last hymn had been sung, she filed out with the rest of the crowd, but unlike most of them she had a smile on her face, because she had a date.

Rachyl 18 years ago
Meegan's call had been a surprise, though a welcome one.

Rachyl showered and dressed quickly and picked up the packages she'd come home with the night before (she really wished Meegan had gone shopping with her, but, she realized, whatever took her out of town for almost twenty four hours had to have been important) and selected a black, fish-tail shaped skirt with oval-shaped stretchy areas on the legs, a long belt with silver buckles, and bolted beltloops. She climbed into it carefully, wiggling it around her bottom (which she noticed the night before is getting a bit smaller from her daily exercise regimen) and looked at the selection of tops she'd brought home.

Rachyl never really shopped in Hot Topic before, but some of the fashions near the door caught her eye, and before she knew it, she'd spent almost two hundred dollars there. "Gotta curtail my spending, but I really needed a few more outfits."

She selected the black corset with satin striping, lace trim, and bows, and slid into it, then carefully tied it on. "Must get Meegan to make sure they're tight," she thought as she picked up the new black velvet "military style" purse she'd also gotten. Dropping the requisite items in it - keys, wallet, tampon, brush, makeup - she rested her bottom on the edge of the couch to slide her new black flats on, checked her cell's clock, then nearly pushed the couch through the wall in her haste to get out the front door.

"Of all the... Forgot I had so far to go on the bus, I hope I don't miss the right route!"

Nearly running down her block, Rachyl just caught up to the bus as it was pulling into the stop, and paid her fare.

"Cherries, huh," she thought as the bus rolled past their meeting spot. "American fare with a French-style brunch, whatever that means."

Irreverently, her sarcastic mind quipped, "Shouldn't it be Freedom-style?" She giggled to herself, drawing a few strange looks.
Meegan 18 years ago
Meegan glanced down at the large clock face on her wrist, and decided that Cherries was too far to walk and get there on time. She hailed a cab, climbed in, and gave her destination to the driver. She settled back for the short trip and wondered if Rachyl would want to go to a museum or shopping after brunch.

Five minutes later the cabbie pulled up outside the restraunt. Meegan paid her fair and climbed out. When she looked down to smooth her skirt she noticed a scuff in her brand new four-inch heeled, platform mary janes, right under the red ribbon detail. She muttered a curse, then headed into the restraunt.

She gave her name to the hostess and asked for a table for two, near a window if possible. She stepped back outside Cherries, with a small pager in her hand, to wait for Rachyl.
Rachyl 18 years ago
In the distance Rachyl watched as a vague cloud of strawberry-blonde hair disappeared through the entrance of the restaurant.

Rachyl found herself walking faster to meet her friend, and in her single-mindedness was nearly run over - with loud, blaring horn - by the taxi she guessed the other woman had just left. Exiting almost gracefully back on to the sidewalk, she entered the patio area of Cherries, and saw Meegan standing just beyond the door, looking the opposite way.

She looked so very tall with her humungous heels - four inches, Rachyl guessed - and she realized that, standing looking at each other, she'd have a spectacular, eye-level view of her breasts.

Shaking her head as her skin pebbled from the chill breeze of the inner establishment's air conditioning (as well as the thoughts she carefully tried to push away), she thought to herself, "Today's going to be a great day."

She stepped quietly behind the taller woman and carefully reached up and tickled the back of her neck with a rounded fingernail.
Meegan 18 years ago
Meegan jumped at the unexpected touch. She did somehow manage to land in her heels with out twisting her ankle. She turned ready to give whomever it was a nasty piece of her mind when she saw Rachyl, a grin broke her face, and she put her arms around the shorter woman, bending her knees so that her arms went around Rachyl's shoulders.

"Hi! It's great to see you." Meegan giggled. "You'd think I didn't see you on Friday or anything. How has your weekend been?"
Rachyl 18 years ago
Giggling in return, Rachyl quipped into Meegan's chest, "It's just gotten better, what with my faceful of your breasts!"

Leaning back, she smiled and winked. When Meegan straightened Rachyl noticed something... different... about her demeanor. "You'll have to tell me how yours was, and especially why you look different. And it's not just that hair... Messy pigtails with those braids, mmm mm! but something else..."

She pursed her lips slightly, then smiled again. "But let's wait til we sit down, hm? I'm starved."
Meegan 18 years ago
Meegan couldn't help but laugh at Rachyl's one sided dialogue. 'I knew this would pick me up.'

"That sounds good to me. The hostess said it wouldn't be long."

As she spoke the little pager in her hand began to vibrate. "See?" Laughing she opened the door and let Rachyl go ahead of her. What she wanted most was a bloody mary and some of the wonderful pastries they have here.

The hostess led them to a table for two situated between two windows, Meegan and Rachyl sat in the wicker peacock backed chairs. The woman gave them menus and told them to enjoy their meal. Meegan grinned at Rachyl and opened her menu. As she looked over the choices she spoke.

"Yesterday was the anniversary of my parents death."
Rachyl 18 years ago
Rachyl sat down, and found the wicker-backed chairs to be rather comfortable... Until she leaned forward to both slightly tease Meegan as well as pick up her menu to peruse the selection.

One of the corset laces was caught, probably on a broken strand of wicker.

She was about to ask Meegan to help unstick her when her companion rather nonchalantly and in a very conversational tone said,
"Yesterday was the anniversary of my parents death."

Suddenly the corset lace didn't seem so important as thoughts of condolences and other things "one should say when learning of a death" ran through her mind. "I'm sorry" just never seemed to cut it, in these cases.

She reached out as best she could, but couldn't quite touch Meegan's menu, so she bounced the chair around the table, and pushed the plastic-coated cardboard to the surface, and caught Meegan's gaze. Softly placing her hand on the other woman's, she tried to keep her eyes from watering as she said quietly, though emotion suddenly thickened her voice,
"Tell me about them?"
Meegan 18 years ago
Meegan smiled at Rachyl. It was always difficult for other people to deal with someone else's private loss. Rachyl however, was sincere in her curiosity, and it touched Meegan.

"No, I don't think I will. They were not exactly nice people and one should not speak ill of the dead. They loved me, very much, and that is all that matters." Meegan put her hand on top of Rachyl's and stroked it lightly with her thumb. "No, what I will tell you is that I look different, because I realized yesterday that I am no longer grieving for my parents. A great and tremendous weight has been lifted from my shoulders and for the first time in nine years I feel free."

A small frown crossed Meegan's face as she realized how that must sound. 'Gee your parents are dead and you finally feel free of them. Some daughter you are.'
Rachyl 18 years ago
Rachyl nodded, a thoughtful look on her face. "I think I can understand that. And I'll definately respect your wishes." She tilted her head, eyes gazing piercingly into Meegan's. "You look like you almost feel bad that you feel good, and you shouldn't. I'm sure they are glad that they're not a burden to you anymore, wherever they are."

Rachyl briefly thought about her own mother and realized that, should she find out her mother passed on, she might have the same epiphany after a few years of grieving.
Meegan 18 years ago
Meegan's face lit with her smile, and she gave Rachyl's hand a pat, then took back both of her own hands and picked up her menu as the very discerning waitress approached their table.

"What can I get you ladies to drink this morning?"

Meegan looked up and smiled. 'You my dear have just earned a very large tip, keep up the good work.'

"Bloody Mary, please." Meegan looked to Rachyl, still smiling.
Rachyl 18 years ago
Rachyl smiled back, knowing that not only that the waitress had just immensely pleased Meegan by hanging back a moment, but when Meegan smiled, that she herself might be harboring stronger feelings than friendship for her companion. It almost pained her to look up at the waitress, away from those amazing malachite eyes to answer, "Grey goose martini, dirty please. And a glass of iced tea, unsweetened."

The woman nodded then backed away, saying she'd be right back. Rachyl turned back to Meegan and said, "Before we get settled and start conversating (yes, I just made that up) I need you to do me one favor... Uh... my corset laces seem to be stuck on the chair." She couldn't help but blush a little as she told Meegan what her problem was.
Meegan 18 years ago
Meegan bit her lip to keep from laughing, as she rose from her chair. She slipped the lace off of the offending bit of chair. With her thumb, she pushed the broken piece back into the chair and tucked it under the closest weave.

"There, all better." She returned to her seat, and swallowed several times, and barely succeeding in holding back her laughter. She was fairly certain a small twitter escaped in there somewhere.
Rachyl 18 years ago
Rachyl stared at Meegan as she sat back down. When the woman had been behind her, she heard her almost choke on a laugh. "Go ahead, laugh. I deserve it, and you need it, so go on." She reached out and poked Meegan lightly in the ribs, and slid her chair back to its original position.
Meegan 18 years ago
"No, no. I'm ok." A small giggle escaped through her clenched teeth, so she cleared her throat over it. Then a second bubbled up and she decided it wasn't worth hurting herself or bursting a blood vessle somewhere, so she opened her mouth and her soft tinkling laughter filled the space around them.

After a few moments, she regained some of her composure and took Rachyl's hand.

"Oh honey, I'm sorry!" Another chuckle. "Oh, but I needed that, so thank you." Meegan cleared her throat and managed to damp down the rest of her laughter.

"So tell what you've done with your weekend."
Rachyl 18 years ago
Rachyl squeezed Meegan's hand until she stopped laughing - and couldn't help but giggle herself - and stood up. "Bought this outfit at Hot Topic, I didn't know we had shipments sent there. Well, bought more than just this," she said, twirling, then sat back down. "Bought another skirt and top, some... underthings..." She suddenly changed what she was going to say as someone walked by their table. She wiggled her eyebrow, and winked at Meegan, then continued, "some shoes, this new purse," which she hoisted onto the table to show off, "and a few other odds and ends. I might need to actually box something up when I move out!"

She giggled briefly. A thought crossed her mind... She'd said "we had shipments..." It dawned on her that she actually did feel like she belonged at Gothic-Ah, and that she was part of the family.
Meegan 18 years ago
Meegan was trilled for Rachyl. Shopping always made her happy, and Hot Topic just happened to be one of her favorite stores, though she was careful not to purchase her own fashions there, it just seemed odd.

"That is because our retail line is called Gothic Threads. Or as most places like to advertise, 'Gothic Threads, a Gothic-ah corporation.' When in truth there is nothing corporated about Gothic-ah or Gothic Threads."

The waitress returned with their drinks and asked if they were ready to order. Meegan smiled at her and glanced back down at her menu.

"I'd like to start with the pastry sampler, then the broccoli quiche for a main course, and finish up with the fruit plate."

She closed her menu and gave it to the black clad waitress.
Rachyl 18 years ago
Rachyl vaguely remembered learning about Gothic Threads, but when the waitress returned, her memory was pushed aside again as she realized she hadn't even looked at the menu.

Looking back at the waitress, she said,
"I'll have the mushroom quiche, an order of lightly toasted English muffins, and the fruit plate sounds lovely." Handing the menu to her, she smiled, then found her eyes drawn to her curvaceous bottom as she turned and walked away.

"Well, I only feel slightly dumb for having bought them at the store, and besides, now that I think about it, it -is- kind of strange to be paying my own salary." She giggled, then poured some sugar into her tea, and stirred it thoroughly.

"I've never had quitchee before, but then, I'm always happy to try something new once, as long as I get to say 'nope, don't like it'. And I know, I said 'keesh' wrong, but 'quitchee' sounds so much more correct, and it's a lot more fun to say!"
Meegan 18 years ago
"I do not think I will be able to figure out how you get quitchee out of q-u-i-c-h-e." Meegan giggled around her words, and took a long sip of her bloody mary.

"My Aunt had high tea in my honor last evening. I have to say buying my own fahsions would have been much more agreeable than spending three hours with the entire snob network of Richmond."

It will be a long cold day in July when she accepts another invitation from her aunt. It still made her angry that Liliane decided to celebrate her grief. Not that it was unusual, the woman very nearly danced on her mother's grave. It didn't help that the majority of the "Family Money" had gone to Meegan's mother's younger sister. The woman lorded it and The House over everyone else in the family. 'All I can say is that it's a good damn thing my parents were wealthy outside of 'the family', other wise, I might very well be in that horrid woman's debt.'
Rachyl 18 years ago
"I'd say 'you could have called me' but I imagine it was something you needed to do alone." Rachyl caught the cloud that quickly passed over Meegan's face, and guessed there was either bad blood or just bad feelings on that corner of her family tree.
Meegan 18 years ago
"Oh, honey, I wouldn't even subject a dog I hate to them. No, my duty is done, and I can be content to send and recieve crappy Christmas gifts with them."

She stirred her drink with the celery stalk, then took another sip. She searched her head for another less anger inducing subject and lighted on the idea she had on the way to Cherries.

"When we're finished here, do you want to go to a museum, or shopping or catch a movie, or something?"

The waitress set a large plate of several small pastries and two small plates infront of them, smiled and walked away.

Meegan chose a flaky pastry with cherry filling.