Damn these Mazes

It was getting late, Bastet knew this from the vanishing golden red line that remained until the dead of night, around 11 o'clock or nearing midnight. She had just arrived in Nachton and although she had stopped looking for the white haired woman she hadn't denied the need to find her. Here that woman was, apart of a clan that Bastet had suddenly become apart of. Tàcharan the youngest Vampire clan and the best spot for the nearly 342 year old Egyptian. She felt apprehensive while standing in front of the entrance to the underground clan grounds. Even with such emotions she showed none, seeing no reason to make the group the assassin was going to be apart of, see her as weak. No. It was impossible for Bast to do such a thing, even with her little respect for the others of the clan, she could never 'degrade' herself with emotional responses that could be controlled.

Reaching for the handle, she pulled open the door and glanced into the darkness that greeted her. It had been an odd walk into the clan's grounds, she had seen a great many other vampires all who she felt no need to recognize as existing as of yet. Bastet glanced down at the clothing she wore, she had been impressed that it wasn't dirtied yet and still helped hide her when needed. Naturally she wore black, the dress was of more modern styled and seemed to be revealing and covering at the same time (since Bast felt cold away from the Egyptian heat). It was accented in a blood red colour not so different from the other dresses and clothing she had with her.

Glancing around the area, Bast felt annoyance riddle through her until she felt the irritating feeling of anger, as it was an oddity for Bast to have done something so unlikely as getting lost. The Egyptian vampire didn't know how she had gotten lost.
"By the name of... where am I? Damnit." She muttered continuing her tread with a void look although deep down she could feel the anger, annoyance and irritation boiling. One thing Bastet hated the most, against her normal dislikes, was getting lost... it was not a good combination with someone so keen on paranoia and a violent nature...

((Open for anyone of Tàcharan of course.))

Carol 18 years ago
Carol cast a quick glance at her wall monitors and then looked back down at her computer. Double taking, she noticed the new member Gaia had spoken to her about briefly.

'Ah...' Carol smiled. Standing she noted her location in the Domicile and snorted. She stood and smoothed her pale blue, sleevless dress. 'I love newbies,' she giggled as she walked out to meet her.

Carol entered the elevator and spoke her destination. Upon reaching that level, she exited and walked down the hallway. There she was, the beautifully brown skinned vampire. With a glorious PR smile, Carol cleared her throat to get the woman's attention.
Bastet 18 years ago
Bastet heard someone clear their throat from behind her, turning quickly she looked at the woman standing in front of her suspiciously. The woman was smiling, either it was at her or just she was just generally happy, it wasn't something Bastet would return. Turning to scan around again, making sure no one else wandered up on her, she turned and crossed her arms.

"Hm... what is it?" She asked wishing slightly that she hadn't somehow gotten lost or attracted any attention... it seemed impossible to enter the building and be able to get someone without someone seeing. Bastet glanced up onto the walls looking for any security camera, they were small nearly unnoticeable but they were there... She felt like she was constantly watched... something she was very displeased with.
Carol 18 years ago
Carol snorted. Shaking her head she walked up to the newcomer and stood just a foot away.

'I'm Carol.' She blinked. 'I'm the bitch in charge here and I'm suppose to help you get settled in.' She titled her head to the side, looking the vampire from head to toe.

'That's what,' then smiled prettily.

Carol thought to herself, 'Self...you hate newbies but this is Gaia's friend'. With a mental sigh she took a softer tone.

'Gaia should've told you to get in touch with me once you made it in. We need to go thru all the entry information if you haven't already.' She paused, looking Bastet in the eyes. 'Lost, are we?'
Bastet 18 years ago
'Carol hm...' Bowing her head slightly in a graceful way of acknowledging that Carol was there but seemed to give the woman little respect still. Bastet wasn't one to give off respect to many easily, to her they had to earn it and until they did she would treat them like she treated anyone. "I am called Bastet." She said simply listening to what Carol was saying next.

"Gaia did explain to me that I was to register in unfortunately she did not explain the details of this place and I was not familiar where things were located. So, unfortunately, I am lost." Bastet informed staring at Carol with a very slight thoughtful look almost like a small thing had got Bast's attention and she was currently debating on it.
Carol 18 years ago
Carol grinned and bowed her head slightly. 'Right then, let's get you registered!'

Pointing over her shoulder, 'See that over there?' She was pointing at the smooth glass panel on the wall in the main lobby of the Domicile. Walking over, she leaned against the wall and showed Bestat how it worked.

'This registers you within the Domicile and the computer. This is your only way in. You place your hand on the panel and it will sample your blood, letting you in. From there, the elevators are all voice automated and will you take you wherever you asked it to go. Lobby, your room, my office, your mistress' office. Anywhere.'

Carol pointed at the panel and invited Bastet to place her hand on it.
'It'll only prick a little,' she said smiling.
Bastet 18 years ago
Bastet quirked a eyebrow at Carol again, the woman was oddly happy or hyper or both.. whichever was she was not someone Bastet thought would end up in Tàcharan, vampire or not. Nodding when Carol began to explain the system to her, Bastet was slightly surprised to see such technology used in a Vampire Clan 'home'. She was still an old fashion woman but did not dislike technology, Bastet just was still amazed with the new technological advancements that happened in her time around.

"Good I prefer not having to wander. Usually I'm given schematics of the building and told two words, kill and whomever I am to remove from this world... wondering is not a favored pass time." She said placing her hand where Carol told her too and easily ignored the slight 'prick' she felt. It was nothing really, she thought only a child would find it painful or someone who was weak.

"So all I need to do is tell the elevator where I want to go. Excellent. Anything else about Tàcharan that I need to know about?" She said turning her unusually bright green eyes at Carol.
Carol 18 years ago
'Everything else you'd need to know is in the Sect Rules department. Otherwise, Gaia is your contact for the Mercs and she'll explain your duties there.' Carol shrugged and walked to the elevator.

'Any questions or problems, all you have to do is find me.' With a smile she stepped into the open elevator, spoke her destination and smiled as the elevator doors started to close.

A second before they actually did, Carol stuck her hand out, forcing them to open again.
'One more thing.' She half leaned out the elevator to keep it from closing again, 'Whatever rules or laws you may or may not plan on breaking in Nachton...dont get caught because if you do, Ellis will kill you without a second thought.'' The honey dew blonde smiled and let the doors close.

((ooc Carol out))