Testing..

Ellis Duban 18 years ago
oooh, I like, but we're considering dropping the avatar length to 200 and if anything, that'll help with the negative space up top and really focus in dem red hairs!!! Very sexy =D
Alfarinn 18 years ago
She looks awesome, Redd, very cheeky..I see attitude!
Aron Swiftwood 18 years ago
Very nice indeed Manipulation I presume?
Amberelle DeEspionne 18 years ago
Nope, pure Poser. I've never been able to find someone who's hot enough to be Redd with enough attitude, and you'd be amazed how few girls seem to have short hair. So, I made her =)
PURE POSER? No photoshop postwork? Daimn! Didn't see that one comming...
What model did you use?
Well other than the background and border, nope no postwork. Lemme think.. I used V3, 3d celeb trixie texture, wild & messy hair w/ ultra color texture and their lights and the V3 male overcoat. I forget where I got the sunglasses.
I must say, I'm impressed. I usually pride myself of being able to spot 3d stuff half a mile away, and while the size ofcourse makes it harder, it was still pretty good. Could've sworn that hair was handdrawn or at the very least heavily maniped.
Alfarinn 18 years ago
The 3d models and textures have come a long way from the plastic barbie doll look they had in the beginning. I've been very impressed with a lot of the things I've seen lately on the 3d forums.
Yep, the new stuff out looks really good. Of course it's also the renders from Daz Studio and Poser 6 that are the best. Those new render engines are capable of some mind blowing things. I'm still plugging along with Poser 4PP.. it can do some fairly good stuff but lighting is really the key. (I've had 5 but couldn't figure out the interface so I gave up)
Alfarinn 18 years ago
DAZ studio is free though, right? So you could download and use that. I don't know if there is an easy way to transfer all your poser files over, installing them all again would be annoying.
Yep DazStudio is free.. tried it. The interface is seriously complicated, but I don;t like change =) The good thing is you can just point it to your existing poser folders and it accesses them from what I understand. You can even subdivide things into lots of folders I think.. that interests me, I like to be organized to the most anal extreme.. but I don't like the interface /sigh

I may try it again soon since the renders coming out of it just look so damn good. And if I ever want to use Bryce I have to figure it out enough to use the importer I bought.
Alfarinn 18 years ago
Importing Poser to Bryce? We used to do that with 4. It was admittedly a pain in the ass because Bryce saw it as an object, as I recall, and you had to retexture everything or something. Its been a very long time since I've used them both together but I did make some statues for a temple out of poser and imported them into Bryce once. What does this importer do? Is it easier or better?
From what I understand, the importer will somehow take a poser file that you then open in daz studio and allow you to import the object with all transmaps and textures in place in bryce. Saves you from having to manually do it.. That was why I stopped trying to do things with Bryce, I had just started using poser and didn't understand the different body parts and texture file locations so I was totally lost. Of course I couldn;t figure out Daz Studio so I just went with what I knew and stayed doing things in Poser.

Here's the importer on Daz's site : HERE
Alfarinn 18 years ago
Yeah poser to bryce was a pain O_o but since I wasn't using the texture files it was easier.. I could just cover statue chick with a stone texture and call it a day.

Thank you for the link!