It's not paranoia...

'I'm a fairly reasonable man. I'm intelligent. Well dressed. Good looking. Oh and I also believe in vampires.'

With a drunken slur, Kyle Evans theorized to the bartender of a small, run down bar located in the industrial section of Nachton. He liked it here. It was dark and had lots of alcohol.

'There are vampires, you know.' Kyle was pleased with the bartender's nod as he wiped the counter clean. Kyle kindly picked up his glass to let him clean that spot. 'They are every,' hiccup, 'where. The Mayor of Nachton is a familiar...well I'm not sure about that,' hiccup, 'one but I know the police department is full of 'dem!'

The inebriated man waved his arm. "EVERYWHERE!'

The bartender tried to calm the man down. He was attracting unwanted attention from the back of the bar. Kyle continued his ranting.

'You see, there are uh...3 houses. Like, clans. They have huge homes for them all. A tower, a cathedral type deal and I can't figure out the other one. Maybe....underground...in catacombs or something.'

The bartender covered his eyes with his hand and shook his head.

'I was married once.' Kyle suddenly changed the subject. 'Twice actually. Or maybe once.' He thought again. 'I'm a reporter too, you know.'

The bartender nodded, he knew.

'No one believes me.' Kyle shook his head. He sighed thoughtfully, gathering himself up from the bar stool and stumbling to the door.

'Hey,' a voice said to Kyle.

Turning he almost tripped over his own feet and was caught by what he thought was a wall. It was, in fact, a woman. Kyle looked at her. 'My goodness you're beautiful,' he blurted out.

The woman helped Kyle straighten himself up and opened the door for him.

'It is way past my bedtime,' he told her, his hands gathering up her long black hair.

She walked him to the curb and hailed a taxi for him. The checkered cab pulled up and she opened the door. He fell into the taxi and turned over, leaning back out the window to talk to the woman.

'I'm right you know, there are vampires.'

The woman bent down low to whisper close to Kyle. 'You know, you're right.' She pounded the top of the taxi with her fist and it took off.

Kyle couldn't keep the taxi from spinning.
'What did she say?' He wondered and turned to look out the back of the taxi window. He could still see her, standing on the corner, lighting a cigarette.

Kyle thought to himself, she had the prettiest green eyes.