The smell of trouble.

(Follows An Evening's Entertainment with Sorin in Club E.)

Ellis stepped out of the elevator and into the loud rumble of the House of Pain. Tonight was positively packed and she almost had to move out of someone's way as she made a bee line to her booth. Simon was finishing his beer as she approached the table.

'Darling,' she cooed and ran her fingers thru his hair as she sat. 'Startling phone call, it interrupted some interesting business.' Simon gave her look, tipping his head to the side. 'Oh right, the Wolf. How was the little cub scout?'

Simon Huntington 18 years ago
'He gave me his demands and was quite clear as to what he'd do to get it.' Simon shifted closer to Ellis. She had changed into a velvet red dress and radiated power and beauty. He lost his train of thought for a moment as he inhaled her perfume. Her breasts peeked out of the top of the dress looking creamy and smooth.

Ellis reached out and pinched his chin softly.

He blinked and continued.
'He wants a ring.'
Ellis Duban 18 years ago
Her eyes opened, astonished. Then out came the cheshire grin. 'THE ring?'

Simon nodded.

'Interesting.' Ellis relayed her conversation with Sorin and Morrigan to Simon. She watched his reaction as he listened. As always, there was none.

'Something wicked is about to happen.' Ellis bit her bottom lip in thought. 'I will talk with Sorin again. See what the Anantya are doing.' She reached up and touched Simon's hair, playing with it. 'What will do you, beloved?'
Simon Huntington 18 years ago
Simon recalled his meeting with Alfarinn and the curiously white dove in the sewers. They were hovering outside the entrance into the House of Pain.

'Where did you see Mai find that ring again?'

She thought a moment, 'Right outside here, in the sewers. Why?'

He put his arm around the back of her section of the booth. Simon thought a moment and replied. 'I saw Alfarinn and a shapeshifter in the same place. They were waiting for someone.' He grinned slightly, 'I should check on Alfie, see if he was able to find his friend.'

Ellis reached out and pinched Simon's chin.