Vampire flaws

Very sensitive to light - any normal or bright light hurts this vampire's eyes causing the need to wear sunglasses in well lit places and making him easily blinded by a bright light.

Haunted by those they've killed - This vampire hears the voices of those people they've killed (not drank from and let live )

Living in the past - This vampire just isn't up with the times. They have a hard time understanding the technology of any era ahead of the one they lived in and disdain ideas from newer times.

Outdated - A minor flaw similiar to Living in the past. This just applies to fashion. The vampire believes that the era he was born in looks the best and refuses to change his appearance. ( beware the leisure suited vampires of the 70's )

Cursed - This vampire believes that being a vampire is a curse for something they've done wrong.

Large Teeth - My what big teeth you have, Grandma! These vampires have larger than normal canine teeth making them impossible to hide.

Will think of more as I go about the day.. Trying to remember stories or just look at things as being an old dead dude and seeing what I come up with.

Maewyn
Staff

Posted: 14 Apr 2005 03:07 pm Post subject:

Picky eater - Likes only a certain type of prey and will spend large amounts of time each night finding just the right one. This is variable in flaw value.

Something rare would take more time to hunt down and therefore be worth more as a flaw. Prefers people of slavic decent (while in the US) would be a major flaw.

Something not so rare wouldn't be that hard to find and therefore be a minor flaw. Prefers redheads would be a minor flaw.

I got the image of Louie talking about Lestat's eating habits in my head on this one and an old game where some sick NPC liked feeding on children.

Won't feed on - This is a minor flaw. For whatever reason the vampire refuses to eat a certain group of people.. perhaps young blondes remind him of his little sister and he can't bring himself to eat them.

Maewyn
Staff

Posted: 14 Apr 2005 08:07 pm Post subject:

Missing limbs - Lost limbs before being made a vampire and now still does not have them. I see this as a varying flaw.. a hand might not be so difficult to deal with but not having legs would make being a vampire... well, rough to say the least.

Superstitous - This vampire believes he really is something evil and therefore believes that crosses,holy water, and garlic acutally affect him. Its up to the player to run how and why he believes this and what results it has on his psyche.

Rasberry
Staff

Posted: 15 Apr 2005 04:31 am Post subject:

I had a few:

Excessive Thirst - Unable to satiate hunger without feeding from multiple, perhaps even several victims a night.

Mortal Guilt - Feels that harming humans is wrong, and often goes without blood for as long as possible, usually to the point of extreme weakness (had a little help coming up with that one, okay fine I stole it from Anne!).

Heavy Sleeper - Slow to wake/respond when faced with danger during daylight hours (heard someone mention that in another post, but didn't see it here).

Extremely Pale Skin - making it more difficult to pass for human/go unnoticed in public, and thus making hunting/blending in more of a challenge.

Mortal Ties - Has left behind relatives/loved ones and is pained at the inability to have a relationship with them (more of a younger vampire problem).

Maewyn
Staff

Posted: 16 Apr 2005 05:05 pm Post subject:

Addiction - Addictions are bad enough for humans but for vampires they have to satisfy their addictions through another who has indulged in their particular vice. Alcohol, drugs, etc..

I am assuming that a vampire could become drunk from a person who is drunk or high from a person who is high like it is passed on through the blood just as whatever keeps the vampire alive is passed on through the blood. If we don't want to do that then we can forget this flaw.

Bad Temper - Easily goes into a towering rage, could be bad for someone so easily able to kill.

Fear of new technology - Some vampires just don't trust all this new fangled hardware. If vampires were meant to fly...they'd turn into bats. Doesn't like flying, cars and computers, etc...

Amnesia - For whatever reasons this person doesn't remember anything about their mortal life.

Pacifist - This person refuses to fight. Might refuse to take blood from an unwilling donor or might simply refuse to harm their prey. ( I had to put this one in, the idea of a pacifistic vampire cracks me up )

Ellis Duban 19 years ago
Ideas, thoughts..?
Zhavric 19 years ago
Lifted from White Wolf:

Conspicuous Consumption: It's not enough to just drink the blood of your victim... you have to eat some of their flesh.
Mai 19 years ago
Yummy