The Head Case (invite only)

Julian's studio apartment was, like any studio, very small. Upon entering there was a tiny little area with a table against a wall to eat at, and a kitchen that was too small to even properly be called a galley. Julian didn't do much cooking; easy things like cereal and eggs for breakfast, sandwiches for lunch, soup or something quick to prepare for dinner although he ate dinner out frequently since he was usually at rehearsals or getting ready to perform in the evenings.

The back of the apartment was large enough for a small book shelf along one wall and a narrow stand beneath the wall-mounted TV that held his gaming console, and some Blu-Rays. Across from it was a day bed that was neatly made with a black and white geometric patterned comforter and a bunch of pillows. Long the far wall under the windows was Julian's music stand and violin stand, which he crossed to and rested his case on.

There was a little coffee table in front of the bed, with a couple of books on it. Also, above the bed, an iron-wrought wall sculpture of a musical staff and metal notes. Beside the bed, on an end table, was a picture of Julian's family, his parents, himself, and his little sister when she had been alive. All of them were at a state park, sitting at a picnic table, under then sun with big smiles on their faces.

Behind the kitchen was a narrow closet, and behind the daybed on the other side of the wall was the bathroom. It was long and narrow itself, but it did have both a shower and a tub which was nice. The drawback to living here, though, was that Julian had almost no storage. He had some trunks underneath his daybed, and he had made decent use of the remaining space by putting up shelving units where he could. Inside the narrow closet were his cleaning supplies, vacuum, and such, as well as some of his clothing like his tuxes and other dress clothes.

He stood in the middle of his living room - okay, his entire studio, and looked at Tavi.
"Well it's not much but it's nice to be back. I'm not supposed to get the stitches wet yet but I really need to clean up and get changed, so make yourself at home, okay? I'll be right out."

He made quick work of the cleaning, moving a little slowly because he was still achy and dizzy but it went fine. Julian didn't think Tavi would mind if he went casual at this point, so he came out wearing a pair of blue striped pajama pants and a soft grey tee over his slender frame.

"That only feels about a million times better," he said. He glanced down at the bottle in his hands and then up at her. "Um. Do you think you might be able to help me wash my hair? I don't know if I can get the blood out of it properly."

That was the one thing he knew he couldn't do without help. There was blood matted all through his hair, and he knew it was possible to clean it without getting the cut wet, but he couldn't do that. He thought Tavi might be willing to help; she didn't seem to be the squeamish type.

Octavia Emiliano 10 years ago
They had gathered munchies, painkillers, dvd's and such and now they had managed to get Julian safely back to his apartment. The nickle tour was quick. Ta da, done. She had to admit though that in a way his apartment was bigger than her own place which consisted of a room. The common room was just off that though with a big kitchen and communal living area. She couldn't take him home any time soon; how did you explain living in a sanitarium and having a room with padded walls?

It had sounded cool at the time. She still loved that she could pin up clothing ideas and projects in the making right to her walls. They were able to be looked at and mused over while she did other things and that sometimes led to great inspiration.

She familiarized herself with his television set up and popped in Les Miserables while he was changing into more comfortable clothing.

Julian came back out and managed to look quite sexy in a carefree sort of way in his pajama bottoms and t-shirt. Tavi admired him briefly through lowered lashes and then noticed what it was that he was carrying.

"Of course I can help.” She walked with him around to the bathroom. "It might be easier if you kneel over the bathtub than for both of us to try to fit with you bent over the sink.” He was a lot taller than she was and reaching over and around him would be difficult, especially while trying to be mindful of his stitches. Pulling a towel off the rack, she held it up in silent question and then folded it up so that he had something comfortable to place his knees on.

"Can you grab a cup?” Tavi turned the water on and got it decently warm but not too hot. She didn't want to scald poor Julian after all he had been through already.

"You know if you just wanted me to put my hands all over you there were easier ways than getting yourself hit on the head.” She smiled at him; something good should come of being kidnapped and if getting pampered by someone else was a little something good then she was happy to have helped. Besides she was not adverse to putting her hands all over Julian for any reason or even no reason at all.

She was gentle but thorough with the cleaning, knowing he would prefer it all done properly than quickly. Tavi ran her fingers repeatedly through his curls looking for more clumped sections of blood and then rinsed it thoroughly, a few good times, to get all the flakes completely out.

"Come on, lets go settle in and I'll fix your nails also.” Several days likely left blood under them plus Julian wasn't going to be doing his own any time soon with the cast on his wrist.
Julian Stephenson 10 years ago
"Yeah, you're right," Julian said. He retrieved a large plastic cup from the cabinet in the kitchen and then returned to the bathroom. Kneeling on the towel Tavi had thoughtfully spread down he crossed his arms on the edge of the tub and hung his head over it. The position was incredibly uncomfortable and it made his head throb all over again, but Tavi's fingers were gentle in his hair and he couldn't restrain a little moan of satisfaction at the feel of the clumps of blood being washed away.

She flirted with him a little and it picked his spirits right up; whether she was just doing it to cheer him up or because she really was still interested in him even after all of this crap, Julian smiled and felt a little thrill at the idea.
"That's good to know," he said, unable to see her through the locks of wet curls that dripped over his eyes. "I didn't really want to repeat this one, on my list of ways to get your attention. Although at least I can cross 'survive a hostage situation' off my bucket list."

When the water ran clean Julian slowly pushed himself up from the edge of the tub. His head swirled and spun but he figured that was to be expected. He took a clean dry towel and gently blotted his hair until it stopped dripping; it would air dry within an hour.

Tavi's next offer made him raise his eyebrows with pleasure.
"Oh my God," he said, as if seeing royalty. "I'd kowtow to you if I wouldn't fall over."

On their way back out to the main room Julian reached into the little closet and pulled out his nail kit, bringing it with him. He left it on the coffee table and then went to the kitchen to pour himself a glass of water.
"Want something to drink?"

Once he'd done that, with glasses on coasters on the table as well, Julian settled himself on top of the comforter, pulled his legs up and tucked them under him, and arranged the pillows so he could lean against the wall facing Tavi. There were plenty of pillows left so that she could get comfortable too. He leaned down, pulled out one of the drawers beneath the day bed, and grabbed a light fleece throw blanket. This he laid on his lap.

Thus snuggled up, he put his head against the pillows and waited for Tavi to get comfortable. Julian closed his eyes briefly, feeling almost overwhelmingly relieved to be home. Clean clothes, clean hair, a full stomach, and the relief he felt was almost palpable. Reality came crashing down and he found himself willing away tears, not because he was upset or feeling stressed, but because he was relieved.

He wasn't typically the type to cry, though, and within a few seconds he'd gotten himself under control. He didn't think he'd managed to hide his state from Tavi so he opened his eyes and smiled at her to let her know everything was fine.

"It's really, really good to be home," he said by way of explanation and apology. It wasn't his intent to make her feel uncomfortable with an awkward display of emotion.
Tavi accepted a glass of water from Julian and then she got comfortable across from him. She took a look at his nail grooming kit and found it more than sufficient for taking care of a man's nails, assuming he didn't want them painted funky colours.

She reached down and picked up a bottle of lotion and sat it in her lap. Considering their seating arrangement and Julian's fatigue Tavi decided to do without the bowl of water and oil for softening purposes.

It finally hit Julian that he was home and safe and that the whole horrible experience was over. He would probably take some time to stop looking over his shoulder constantly or having trouble sleeping. She didn't know him well enough to know how he dealt with traumatic events.

Leaning over to him, she gave him a gentle kiss on the lips and then leaned back.
"I am really glad you are home." It wasn't a flirtatious asking for more type of kiss. It was more gentle and sympathetic. Much as she might want to take Julian to bed and see what he was capable of there, she wasn't going to take advantage of a man recovering from concussion and a kidnapping.

Warming up a little bit of the lotion in her hands, Tavi then reached for his hand with the cast on it. Gently, she massaged the lotion into his hand, using techniques for relaxation that included kneading his palm and then massaging each finger in turn. Then she went on to the other hand.
"Feeling better?" She smiled and put the lotion away and got out the cuticle oil to start on first hand and then the other.
Tavi didn't seem upset by his almost-display of emotion. When she leaned forward and kissed him softly Julian smiled and returned it. What followed was nothing short of heaven as Tavi proceeded to demonstrate her formidable massage skills on his hands.

He had worried about the one with the broken wrist but she seemed to know exactly how to touch him without hurting. He let out a soft appreciative moan as she worked. He closed his eyes and relaxed as her small fingers rubbed and pressed gently, easing his tense muscles. He pondered the benefits of regular massage, turning his thoughts to his eventual recovery. He didn't anticipate too much trouble with his bow hand but maybe this could speed the process up some?

When he heard Tavi's voice again he realized he had dozed off lightly while she worked. He smiled at her and nodded.
"That felt incredible. Where did you learn to do it?"

Maybe she was just a naturally skilled hand-rubber. But as she started to get items from his nail kit he decided she definitely knew her way around there too. Lots of girls did, though. Julian could only wonder what his parents had thought when not only their daughter but their son were comparing notes on nails with each other.

But then maybe it hadn't been so worrisome anymore when he'd gotten into Julliard. He'd never know either way; his folks had never mentioned any such worries to him directly. Julian let himself speculate while simply enjoying Tavi's touch. The routine was familiiar and comforting and getting himself put back together went a long way toward putting the recent past behind him.
Tavi noted that Julian's eyes had closed but she continued rubbing, knowing that he was not truly asleep just yet. Perhaps with a little more pampering he would truly drift off into a comfortable sleep. That would be the ultimate goal eventually.

He woke up as she leaned back to start the next step in her nail care routine and asked her about learning to do hand massages. Shrugging, she smiled.
"My family has traveled many places since I was young and I have been to many nail salons over the years.” Most did exactly the same thing, America, Britain, France and so on. Sometimes a little portion of it would be different or new. "I picked up the things I liked best from the times I was on the other end of the experience.”

Reaching for her glass of water, Tavi took a sip and then got out a file. She would clean up the edges of his nails while the oil soaked in and then she would work on his cuticles and then go back to the rest of the filing and buffing.

The process had many little steps but each one was not very long. She was careful with his wrist which made the vigorous buffing to get a good healthy shine a little difficult. To achieve it safely, Tavi moved over to sit next to him when she got to that part and held each finger still with one hand while she buffed with the other. She could hold the palm of his hand still against his knee with the heal of her stabilizing hand. It might have taken slightly longer but it was not impossible and no test subjects were harmed in the use of this make shift technique.

As a finishing touch, she smoothed a little more lotion into his hands, not enough to be greasy but just enough to counter act all the filing and handling so that they were left smooth and supple. Dry cracked hands didn't suit Julian or any concert violinist.

Setting the kit down on the table in front of them, She scooted back up next to Julian. Tavi placed a hand on his knee and looked up at him questioningly.
"Do you want to start the movie now or would you like to do something else?”
Julian nodded when Tavi talked about her family, and traveling when she was growing up. It interested him, maybe because he'd hardly done much traveling at all. He wanted to, and his music opened doors in that regard. He wanted to ask her more about her family, to get to know more about her, but he knew now wasn't the time. He couldn't focus on anything she said and if he wanted to get to know her better, he should be able to give her his full attention. It should be said though.

"Maybe later you can tell me about them? Your family, and moving around. I want to know, but I'm afraid I'm going to forget anything you tell me." He shook his head gently, ruefully, trying not to make it hurt again. Julian was the sociable sort. He didn't hide things, and when he wanted to get to know someone he told them that.

Tavi moved next to him as she worked on his nails, so she could support his injured arm. Since they were close he rested his head on her shoulder and closed his eyes again. It felt nice; even though her shoulder was just as tiny as the rest of her she didn't feel flimsy or insubstantial. He liked that. She'd taken everything he'd told her in stride, and she was caring and level-headed on top of it.

He tried to keep his head light on her shoulder instead of smushing her with it and getting her shirt wet with his damp hair, but he dozed off again as she carefully did his nails. He was still aware of her there, and he knew what she was doing, but he sank into that pleasant haze of being mostly asleep and woke up fully once she had to move again.

"Sorry," he mumbled when she asked him a question, and it took him a moment to process her words. He smiled and hummed softly, aware of her hand on his knee. A dozen flirtatious responses came to mind, none of which was appropriate in this situation and none of which he'd possibly be able to follow through with.

"We can put the movie in, if that's what you want to watch," he said. "I'll try to stay awake for it."

Julian didn't think she'd mind if he fell asleep. He thought she knew he'd want her there but he had to be polite, so he added,
"I know I'm monopolizing you. I understand if you have to go, I'll be okay here on my own. But if you can stay, I'd like that better." He did at least have some incentive to offer. "There's a sushi place a couple blocks from here I found that delivers, for later. If you want."

He tugged his blanket up; the movie was in already and the remote was right there. He liked her sitting next to him and had no need for more room even with his taller frame. He waited for her response before settling in at all, though.
Tavi smiled and him and shook her head. "You have no idea what you might be getting into." She teased about him wanting to know more about her family and travels. He was new to the city so it might not have dawned on him that he had probably seen her with her father in the local news occasionally. There had been less of those kinds of coverage lately after the election so he might have missed those entirely.

He said they could put on the movie and that he would try to stay awake for it. Julian admitted to monopolizing her time, which she didn't think he was doing, and to wanting her to stay, which she was definitely doing, and then he bribed her with sushi. Obviously the man had mad negotiation skills as well as a cute smile and curls to die for.

She moved over so that he could stretch out, placing his pillow partially in her lap so that he could lay his head on her leg instead of trying to curl up on the part of the bed she wasn't occupying.

They both sang quietly to the songs along with the movie. Perhaps that helped; Julian made it much farther than she expected before trailing off into slumber.

The rest of the movie was amazing and she would certainly be willing to watch it with him again when he woke up. After the movie was over she occupied herself with a marathon of design and craft shows on HGTV. When her stomach started rumbling, bacon not being enough to sustain even a tiny werewolf, she considered waking Julian up. The doctors didn't want him to sleep too long anyway until they were sure he was properly recovering from a concussion and wasn't bleeding internally or something. Tavi wasn't entirely sure but they impressed upon both of them that head wounds were bad.

She gently brushed the soft curls away from his forehead and spoke softly,
"Care to wake up now, sleepy head"
Tavi's lighthearted response made Julian chuckle nervously. He would like to know what he was getting into, after recent events. He knew Tavi was joking, although having had his trust shaken lately was still a little nerve-wracking. Her humor still amused him and he smiled at her. "Didn't you realize I'm a trouble magnet?"

He might as well joke about it; that was the only real thing to do. He'd get over it eventually and dwelling on it wasn't any good. Laughing was better for everything and everyone, and Julian was generally a pretty mentally healthy person. He wasn't going to go all emo and weird on her for making a joke.

She seemed disinclined to leave, shifting over and placing a pillow invitingly on her leg. Julian wasn't going to resist that for a heart beat, not when she had him all relaxed and comfortable. His day bed was pretty soft without being squishy and hard to sit on, the blanket he had was heavy enough to ward off any chill but not so much that he'd sweat. He curled up on his side and gingerly laid his head on the pillow, making sure he wasn't going to hit anything too tender before relaxing into it.

He remembered singing parts of the musical but he felt himself slurring into sleep somewhere around Valjean's episode with the candlesticks and he let himself go. Sleep was delicious. It was true rest, not the edgy slumber he'd gotten while in captivity or the constant jumpy napping he'd had at the hospital. This was warm and real, like sinking into hot bath water. The TV didn't keep him awake; he didn't hear Tavi if she kept singing. Not until he felt her gently brushing his hair and speaking did he crack his eyes open.

At some point he'd turned over and now he was curled up facing Tavi, one arm wrapped around her tiny waist. Her hand in his hair felt good and he very much wanted to go back to sleep. He smiled sleepily up at her, shook his head, and closed his eyes again. No, no he did not care to wake up, thank you. He would just like to stay right here.

But he knew she was right; he wasn't supposed to crash out for 48 hours straight. Plus he was hungry again and she had to be too. His mouth was dry and sticky, probably from the painkillers, and he could feel the scrape of three days' worth of beard against his pillow. It was time to get up and move around a little. Eat some more, maybe, and then pass out again for a little while.

"I'm up," Julian croaked, opening his eyes and looking up at Tavi again.

He sat up, bracing himself on the mattress as the room swung around. Something he was getting used to but hoping would go away soon. His head was throbbing; it was definitely time for another pill. He reached for his cup of water and swallowed down a few large gulps. Then he slid off the bed, stumbled toward the kitchen, and pulled the sushi menu out from the drawer he kept it in.

It didn't take them long to order; Julian was still learning about sushi and Tavi knew much more about it than he did so he let her pick out a lot of it. He placed the order and supplied his card number. After he'd hung up he rubbed his hand over his face and frowned at the feel of sandy blond beard.

"I'm going to duck into the bathroom and clean up real fast," he said, waving at his face with his hand to indicate his meaning. "I'll be right out."

Before he left though, he hesitated by where Tavi sat, leaned over, and kissed her softly on the cheek, lingering for just a moment. He appreciated her being there more than she could know, and whatever they had between them - friendship, companionship, romance, a 'thing' - whatever it was, he liked it a lot so far.

Straightening, he smiled at her once more and went around the corner into the bathroom where he began to fill the sink with warm water, humming softly to himself.
Julian asserted that he was up but that was clearly not the case. Tavi smiled down at him and ran her fingers through his curls again when he snuggled a little closer.

How could anyone hurt someone so adorable? It was completely unfathomable to her.

He eventually sat up and she suppressed a sigh of disappointment. Her hunger issue wasn't going to be solved if she let her desire to continue snuggling Julian win out.

The sushi was ordered, a lot of it, with a combined effort and occasional description. She was starving and he probably was again as well. They were going to both be eating like they hadn't been fed in days. For at least one of them that was almost true.

Julian excused himself and said he wanted to clean up. She nodded in total understanding and flopped back down on the bed. If they knew each other better, and he wasn't a concert violinist, Tavi might have picked up the violin and serenaded him while he was in the other room. However she didn't know him well enough to know whether he would be okay with her touching his violin or if he would rush out here to protect it like a crazed mother bear fending off a bumbling menace to her fragile young. Some musicians were like that and some had good reason. She wouldn't want just anyone playing her violin either.

So she pulled out her phone and started playing 'Cut the Rope' because the little monster and his noises made her smile.

Not long into her series of successive puzzles, the doorbell rang. Tavi hopped up and yelled out
"I'll get it!" and then answered the door. A younger Asian American girl had a box propped against her hip and a slip of paper in her hand. Julian had already paid on the phone so Tavi accepted the sushi and gave the girl a tip.

Her sensitive nose could already smell meaty goodness through the box and she hoped that Julian would be done soon or she might not be responsible for the lack of sushi when he returned.

She sat it on the table and got back onto the bed. Staring at the box of food a moment longer, Tavi won a battle of wills and pulled out her phone again. She could feed Omnom while she waited on Julian.

Only a few minutes had passed before the doorbell rang again. Had the girl forgotten something? Did kidnappers ring the doorbell? That would certainly throw a person off guard. "Avon calling"...bam, bag over the head.

A look through the peep hole showed a young guy with dark hair. Not the sushi delivery girl at all. She wasn't taking any chances that he was someone here to finish the job or that he had friends waiting just out of sight. Tavi yanked open the door and hauled him inside by the front of his shirt.
Jan 10 years ago
Jan had gotten a text from Julian early in the morning saying that he had been released from the hospital. He figured the guy could use some company so he cut the gig short and decided to drop by. He had brought a bottle of wine and a bottle of orange juice. The latter was healthy and could later be mixed into stronger drinks.

Bottles in one hand, he knocked on the door.

A tiny bright haired woman opened it and yanked him inside with lightening speed. All he had time to do was roll with it....and save the alcohol. As of yet, Jan didn't expect to be in serious fear for his life, perhaps he should considering Julian's recent visitors, but he took the time to carefully ease the bottles to the ground just inside the door with his telekinesis.

Without the fear of alcohol abuse he was now free to deal with the crazy woman who had tossed him to the ground and settled herself on his chest.

She flicked her wrist and he heard the sound of metal sliding against metal and then a snap as it locked into place. The woman was now holding a weapon and that changed the game.

Time to get control of the situation. He exerted his strength, enough to push a human woman off him. It should have been enough to surprise her coming from a teenage kid without him having to use his full abilities. Except it wasn't. Jan then pushed in earnest and she lowered the hand with the weapon to his other shoulder and kept him there on the ground. Tiny girl obviously wasn't human.

Her eyes narrowed and she pushed back, matching his exertion of force. Then she...sniffed him? What the... Who does that in a fight?

"Corpse” she muttered at him under her breath.

"Dog” Jan whispered back without much malice. A vampire wouldn't call another vampire a corpse, right? Pot, kettle, etc... So if she was strong enough to possibly keep him on the ground without appearing to strain then she was definitely not human. That left a werewolf. He could live with that. Julian's problems had been with vampires.

"Hey, I come in peace, okay. I brought a gift.” Jan nodded toward the door and the two bottles standing up neatly out of the way of their tussle.

He looked up when Julian walked in and gave him an expression that said 'help me' with big pleading green eyes. You know tell the crazy woman that I am a friend before I have to knock her over the head with something heavy.
Julian didn't hurry the shaving process; he knew Tavi was waiting but this was something that simply couldn't be rushed. He didn't exactly take his time, either, though. He thought he heard the doorbell ring so he stepped it up just a bit without risking nicking himself.

Then the bell rang again as he was rinsing his face, and he furrowed his brow as he studied himself in the mirror. He had no idea who else would be... oh. No, that wasn't true, he did know. Jan or Evgeni, or both, would probably be stopping by. The last time he'd been in trouble his friends had been wonderful about joining him in the evenings and spending time with him.

He double-checked his appearance in the mirror. He looked as good as he could under the circumstances, he thought, although his face was pale and there were dark smudges under his eyes he was at least clean, clean-shaven, and alert.

Heading out the door and into the main room he stopped suddenly and tilted his head at the sight that met him. Jan was lying on the floor on his back, looking up at him with a desperate expression. Tavi sat on his chest, pinning him down. He blinked.

"So you've met?"

What else did one say in this situation. Oh right, maybe,
"Tavi, that's Jan. My friend. The one whose band I play in. You can, uh, let him up."

He'd told Tavi about that, although he obviously hadn't mentioned Jan's name or described him. How had Jan gotten into this position though? His muddled brain wasn't adding the facts up so he just added,
"Jan, Tavi... she's also a friend. She picked me up from the hospital and spent the day with me."

What else did one say when one's houseguests appeared to be breaking the ice in a pretty compromising manner? Or was it compromising? Julian looked at them again, shook his head slowly, blinked again, and said,
"There's sushi."

He looked at the take-out box, still unpacked, and back at his friends.
"We're cool here, right?"

He looked at them with a desperate expression of his own. Julian wasn't the rough-housing type. Nor did he understand how they'd gotten into that position to begin with. Right now he wanted the food that was sitting in its to-go box and the pleasure of their company. The idea that some sort of conflict or altercation was either beginning or ending made him tense and uncomfortable.

"Right?"
The vampire beneath her stated that he was there in peace. She decided that he was not responsible for the trouble that Julian had earlier because who would bring drinks to a kidnapping or a beating? Before she could release him with a warning about good behavior Julian came into the room.

He introduced the guy on the floor as Jan and a member of the band that he played with from time to time. Now that Julian mentioned it...the kid did look familiar.

"Oh, I have some of your songs on my player.” She smiled down at the dark haired vocalist. He smiled back up at her, clearly unconcerned with his current position or whether she might continue her aggression. Perhaps that confidence came from being a vampire, or perhaps he was simply very old or perhaps he had a few more tricks up his sleeve that she wasn't aware of. Her father had made it clear to all the VR that vampires could do all kinds of things. They could command anyone to do what they wanted, become invisible, change shape and the spirits only knew what else.

Julian asked if they were going to be alright. She pointed toward her own eyes and then pointed toward Jan before easing off of him and collapsing the asp back into place.

"Yeah, we're fine. He brought wine.” She said brightly and went to retrieve the bottles at the door. "I think this stuff is for you.” Tavi settled the orange juice onto the table next to the sushi box.

"Sorry about the greeting.” She settled on the bed next to Julian cross legged. "He's not had the best luck with visitors, you know.” If Jan was a friend then he would know. Julian played in his band so she doubted that he could have missed the last bit of trouble from this val woman's friends.

The kid, who looked about her age but was probably much older even that her actual age, just shrugged his shoulders and settled down on the floor across from them.
Jan 10 years ago
When there wasn't an immediate attack after they had sorted out each other's species Jan figured they were safe to finish talking things out. Julian made introductions and added his knowledge of Jan to the situation and that seemed like the end of it.

The girl didn't move immediately, seeming perfectly fine with being settled on top of his chest. She did mention that she had several of his songs on her player. That made her perfectly okay in his book. Jan smiled up at her, and had he not been on his back he would have asked her which ones. Maybe later.

She gave him one last gesture of warning before releasing him. The girl, Tavi, went over to the wine and the orange juice and sorted out the reason for both bottles fairly quickly.

He settled on the floor across from Julian and the green haired girl and gave his friend an expression with raised eyebrows, silently asking 'who's this one?' not that Julian could currently answer very well.

Tavi apologized for the greeting and he shrugged.
"It happens and you're right." He smiled at Julian and looked innocent. "Well she is right." Jan looked back at Julian's companion and questioned her. "So perhaps I should ask if you're trouble." The brightly tressed girl laughed and nodded her head yes. "Oh I am definitely trouble but I don't think I will be getting Julian into any hostage situations...unless fuzzy handcuffs count."

Shaking his head, Jan declined any of the sushi and said that he had already eaten. This got an interesting look from Julian's werewolf friend but she said nothing about it. He was happy that she seemed willing to keep his secret for now, probably because she was hoping he would do the same.

"I just wanted to come over and see how you were doing. I figured you might want company but I see that you already have some. Evgeni wanted me to make sure you were alright and to make sure the doctor's didn't stitch you up wrong.” Jan smiled at Julian and then did a fair impression of his clan mate. Straightening up so that he would appear taller, he gave them his best imperious expression and said. "Be making sure they have not put his head on backwards, yes? And while at it make sure they set his wrist. And ask him if he is wanting anything. And...” Jan smiled and shrugged. "Probably a few other things that I have forgotten.”
Julian listened to the exchange between Jan and Tavi and realized, from Tavi's words, that she must have done something to Jan when he showed up. He felt mixed feelings about that. For one, he was impressed that she had managed to take him down. Not that either of them was a bodybuilder but Tavi was tiny. Tiny and well-trained though, apparently. And then after he got over the sense of awe he realized she was watching out for him, and that was just nice. It made him feel good. He had friends who cared, and that was an incredibly good feeling.

Misunderstanding erased, Tavi fetched the bottles Jan had brought while Jan got up. Julian smiled and thanked Jan for the drink; a little extra sugar would probably be good for him right now. He couldn't particularly answer Jan's questioning look with Tavi right there but he'd happily explain more about her later, if she left... which Julian was sort of hoping she wouldn't do. As he opened the box of sushi on the table Jan and Tavi both agreed Julian had some trouble with visitors, Jan with a little innocent look Julian had begun to know pretty well.

Julian just shrugged his shoulders helplessly; he couldn't deny he had visitor trouble. And then Tavi mentioned fuzzy handcuffs ad he dropped the packet of chopsticks he'd just picked up. He felt his face flush bright red as he fumbled to retrieve them. Then he shot Tavi a look with raised eyebrows, unable to hide his interest. Who would say no to that?

Jan seemed to take it in stride, which gave Julian some time to recover. Jan explained that Evgeni was concerned about him and did an enviable Evgeni impression. Julian laughed and lifted the hair from the back of his head, showing Jan the stitches.
"All patched up properly," he said. "Aside from being tired and having a hell of a headache I'm all right. Is Evgeni going to come by later too?"

He couldn't help asking. Julian felt an attachment to Evgeni, having seen him somehow in his dreams. He hadn't forgotten about that. He went back and forth over it, telling himself it was just a dream and didn't mean anything but then Evgeni had been there like he'd said, exactly as he'd said. Julian remembered him freeing his bound hands, pulling the blindfold from his eyes, and sitting with him, just his presence a tremendous comfort. Only slightly lower on the list was Jan, who had arrived at the hospital a short time later, but when Julian thought of the relief of being freed from captivity it came with a picture of Evgeni's concerned face.

Before he started in on the sushi he went to the closet, which was narrow but reasonably deep as it went the length of half the studio. He pulled out a folding chair, not a metal thing but one from Ikea, more like a one-person folding bed that also stopped at one fold to make a little easy chair. Julian had a couple of them but he kept them in the closet since his studio was too small to have them out all the time. He rolled it toward Jan.

"Here... you don't have to sit on the floor," Julian said. He pulled two plates from the cupboard and set them on the table, and then some small glasses. He didn't have wine glasses, but he did have juice glasses that weren't too bad. Those things done he was eager to dig into the food he and Tavi had, so he sat himself on the edge of the low day bed and put a few pieces of sushi on his plate, popping one into his mouth before even bothering with soy sauce or anything else. He chewed slowly, enjoying the piece of creamy salmon. He was sure he was never going to look at food the same again. Everything he'd eaten today was like a little bit of heaven.
Tavi was amused by the impression of some Russian individual who was concerned about Julian. Apparently he didn't trust doctors or perhaps he just had a dry sense of humor, either way she had to laugh. It was good to know that other people would also be looking after Julian also because she couldn't be here all the time. Of course the person here in front of her was a vampire and that would normally be a bad thing but he seemed okay. After all he had come to see how Julian was doing and brought gifts.

Obviously he couldn't have taken Julian home from the hospital but that was understandable. She had her own occasional difficulties but those were only three nights out of the month. Tavi figured that she could talk to the vampire if she got a chance and suggest that she would help watch over Julian during the day if he would keep an eye on him at night. There might be times when they couldn't be around but at least they would mostly have him covered.

Because what are the odds that these people were done and okay with Julian being here and being alive? The whole thing didn't make sense to her anyway. From what she understood the kidnappers picked up Julian because they thought he meant something to this Val person. He must have because she traded something for him and he was allowed to go free. However Julian also told her that he saw the people. Why wouldn't they be concerned with him going to the police? For that matter why hadn't he? Maybe they would talk about that later.

Further proof that this guy was a friend was made when he questioned whether or not she was okay. Of course it was an easy thing to ask but at least he was thinking about it. She answered truthfully enough, even mentioning in what particular way she might be trouble. The 'kid' snorted softly but didn't look overly surprised. Maybe he had just heard and seen so much already in his lifetime, however long that had been, or maybe something about her just screamed deviant.

The comment got to Julian though. Tavi smiled at him when he dropped his chopsticks and had to pick them back up. He was a wonderful shade of red also. His questioning expression suggested that he was interested. Grinning, she shrugged.
"Law enforcement, remember?” Tavi gave him a long appraising look before adding. "I am sure you've done something that warrants incarceration, or at least house arrest.” Picking up a piece of sushi, she paused before placing it in her mouth and added. "Then again maybe we should just keep you locked up for your own good.” She waggled her eyebrows at him to let him know that she was joking. No need for him to think he had gone from one crazy woman to another and he had probably had plenty of locking up for the moment. At least he was still interested in the idea in certain forms. "I promise to take good care of you, food, water...exercise."

For now she dug into the food with a vengeance. Perhaps she should try to be delicate and such but she was really hungry besides if Julian thought she was Miss Manners then clearly he was possibly blind, deluded or hit on the head far harder than they had originally thought.
Jan 10 years ago
The comment about being law enforcement was interesting and surprising. He raised his eyebrows at that and then turned a conspiratorial grin to Julian. His friend was blushing at the idea of fuzzy handcuffs and appeared to want to know more about how that might happen. It occurred to Jan that it wasn't going to happen with him there. He doubted either of them were to that place in their relationship if they were still finding out surprising little bedroom facts from casual conversation. Total shame. He would do them, either of them and certainly both of them.

"I will let Evgeni know.” Jan smiled and then took out his phone. He held it up and snapped a picture of Julian with a piece of sushi almost to his mouth. "There, proof.” Jan found the picture and then sent it to Evgeni who would be happy to know that Julian looked to be recovering well.

Julian got them glasses and he indulged in some of the wine, pouring a glass for Tavi as well when she handed her's over.

"Well I don't know whether he will be or not. I know that he wants to talk to you but that could wait until tomorrow night if you want.” Jan glanced from Julian to Tavi and back again.

His friend went to the closet and pulled out a chair.
"Thanks but I probably shouldn't stay long. You've got good company who appears to be capable of keeping you out of serious trouble...even if she gets you into a different kind of trouble.”

Jan did sit down in the chair long enough to finish his drink. "Evgeni suggested you might want company at night for a little while?” And his clan mate was definitely very well suited to that. It would benefit them both. He looked over at Tavi. "Uhm, not to be crude or rude but are you planning on staying the night? If you aren't then one or both of us can come back and sleep here. If that is ok." The last part of that was directed at Julian and Jan waited to see how they both answered.
Tavi's comments about house arrest didn't bother him, actually. It occurred to him that she might think that, and it even occurred to him that maybe in another scenario it would. But now, her gentle teasing and Jan's knowing grin just made him laugh, the better to put his troubles behind him.

"I could arrange to do something a little bad," he said. "Maybe just enough to warrant the cuffs. If you're gentle." Julian looked up at Tavi through lowered eyelashes, blue-green eyes gone big and soft. "I am injured, you know."

The chopsticks were proving to be a bit much for Julian, who couldn't use them easily in his left hand. They were starting to make his wrist hurt on the right. Fortunately sushi was easy to pick up with his fingers and he did that, hoping his friends would excuse his manners. He suspected they would; he had, after all, just flirted blatantly with Tavi and neither of them seemed bothered by that. It was more forward than Julian normally was, not having really established a relationship with Tavi at this point, but he was enjoying what they did have. He liked getting to know her.

He nodded when Jan said Evgeni wanted to talk to him.
"I want to talk to him, too. I'd like to see him. Though," he glanced at Tavi again, "maybe tomorrow night would be better. Especially if he's busy now."

He still felt oddly unfocused, not all the time but at seemingly random intervals. His headache was tolerable when the pain medication was working but he could tell the minute it began to wear off. He knew recovery would take a little time so he wasn't worried yet. If he didn't notice any improvement over the next few days then he'd start to worry. Until then he was going to let his body heal itself.

Jan continued, and Julian felt warmed by the fact that both he and Evgeni had obviously been thinking of him that day. He nodded; he did, in fact, want company in the next few days if he could have it.
"I'll be okay by myself," he assured his friend, "but honestly, I really would prefer to have someone here."

Going through such stress as he had after his sister had died, Julian had learned the value of leaning on an offered shoulder. He could definitely make it through the nights and days alone if needed, but if he had friends who were willing to help him there was no point in standing on pride. He would gladly take what they offered and jump on the opportunity to repay the favor when it came along. He flushed again when Jan asked if Tavi planned to spend the night.

How was he supposed to respond to that when she was sitting right there and Jan was there too? He didn't think it could be any more obvious that he was interested in her, attracted to her, and in his mind that meant it was a no-brainer that he'd want her to stay around. He poked a piece of sushi along his plate and looked at her again.

"Is that... I mean, would you consider it?" he asked her. "You've done so much for me already. All of you have." He looked at Jan to include him in that statement, with the understanding that he meant Evgeni too.

Really, it was up to Tavi. Julian had already told her he would understand if she needed to go and he meant it. There would be no hard feelings at all on his part, and he wouldn't take it personally. That wasn't his style. If she had to leave she had to leave; she'd spent all day with him. Asking her to spend the night, fuzzy handcuff jokes aside, seemed like asking a lot of her.
Tavi smiled at Julian's words, glad that he didn't seem upset by her teasing or opposed to the idea of a little bedroom roleplay. She felt her heart skip a beat or two when he looked up at her from beneath thick lashes and asked her to be gentle with him. "Oh, I think we can save the rough stuff for later, Luv.” She smiled and traced a finger over his cast. "For now we might just have to play nurse and patient.”

There was someone else in the room or she might have continued teasing along that line. Instead she settled for another piece of sushi and listened to the conversation between the vampire and the human. This Evgeni person was obviously a mutual friend and seemed to have been expected by Julian. Tavi wondered if that was because Jan was normally in the company of the guy or because he and Julian were good friends. There were only so many people you cared to see while going through something difficult. Granted the scary part was over but the recovery part hadn't completed and she didn't think just anyone would be asked after; then again Julian might be so happy to be alive and well that he would welcome the homeless guy down the street for company.

Evgeni was obviously concerned about Julian and seemed to have followed a similar logic about Julian not needing to be alone. She wondered briefly what experience had led him to that insight, was it personal or professional or simply intuition? For herself, she had seen the aftermath of too many cases of violence and the victims almost always wanted someone around.

Jan asked if she was going to stay the night and Julian asked her as well, in a very sweet statement that included thanks for all that she had done already. He was adorable -and- sexy. Tavi decided she would keep him. Julian might get stuffed in her room; where he would be safe and sound. Her room was definitely safe and very sound...proof. It was a shame he wasn't a Vyusher R'asa.

"I will stay with you.” Tavi smiled at him. "We can play doctor later. I promise. Tonight you can be a Tavi pillow.” She didn't want to take advantage of him while he was vulnerable, in pain and on drugs. Motion sickness during sex was not sexy anyway.

"If you guys are coming tomorrow that's cool.” She would know that someone was planning to be here the following evening.
Jan 10 years ago
Jan smirked when the conversation went from Julian performing some petty crime to get incarcerated to him being the patient with a sexy nurse. He gave his friend a knowing look but otherwise kept his mouth shut during the short conversation. She was cute and would look totally hot in a sexy little uniform. Jan almost envied Julian.

He drank his glass of wine while they talked about Evgeni and then spoke of tonight's arrangements. Tavi said that she was willing to stay. Jan thought it was sweet also that she suggested they save the bedroom games for later. Performing under less than ideal conditions was no way to make an impression and Jan personally thought Julian should make a good one here. She already seemed to care about him more than Val had.

Yes, she was a werewolf but in his mind that meant that Tavi wasn't going to eat him and could hold her own if she needed to protect him. Maybe not against several vampires but hopefully they would only send one or something. Or hopefully he and Evgeni would be here if they sent someone after Julian again. Or even better, the bad guys could just leave Julian alone.

Julian thanked them both for their help. Jan smiled and gave him a little shrug.
"I had to have you back, man. Otherwise I would need Evgeni to play in the band and we both know he can be such a diva." That wasn't exactly the word he would use to describe his clan mate but Evgeni could be difficult at times. Lovably difficult.

Finishing his wine, Jan stood up and set the glass on the table.
"Enjoy the bottle.” He said to Tavi. "Stay out of the bottle.” He said to Julian. "You kids have fun. Evgeni and I will see you tomorrow.”

Jan stepped close to Julian and laid a hand on his shoulder. "I am glad you are okay.” He gave it a squeeze before stepping away. "It was good to meet you, Tavi.”

((OOC: Jan out pending responses. Three's a crowd and all that...unless its a menage and then its just kinky. ))
Tavi was going to make it as difficult for him to sleep as possible, without meaning to. Julian was trying to figure out how he was supposed to meekly go to bed while envisioning Nurse Tavi 'taking good care' of him. With handcuffs. He might have actually missed his mouth with his sushi while that image danced in his head. he widened his eyes at Jan when his friend smiled him, sort of an, 'I know, right?' Then he pulled at one of the throw pillows and set it in his lap under the pretense of resting his elbows on it. Really, he was trying to hide the physical result of Tavi's rather inspiring flirtation. It was nice to know the part of his brain that controlled that was still responding appropriately.

Jan called Evgeni a diva, which made Julian laugh only because he knew Jan didn't particularly mean it - not in a cruel way. He smiled at his friend.
"He's allowed," he said. Evgeni was an angel as far as he was concerned. He still didn't know how it was that he had shown up with Val. Did they know each other? He'd ask when he saw them tomorrow night.

When Tavi agreed to stay, that seemed to Jan to be the signal to head out. Julian almost panicked, until Tavi promised they would play doctor another time. And then he didn't know whether to be happy or disappointed. He didn't want to put in a poor showing, but on the other hand - damn, she was cute. And incredibly sweet.

"I promise," he said when Jan warned him away from the bottle of wine. "I think I'm done with the stuff for a while."

Jan's hand fell gently upon his shoulder and squeezed. Julian reached up and patted it gently.
"Thanks. I'm glad I am too. Please say good night to Evgeni for me if you talk to him later."

After Jan left, Julian was left with Tavi. He swallowed his sushi, leaned over to grab another piece, and smiled at her when he looked up. It crossed his mind that maybe she was just flirting with him to make him feel better, but he didn't think so. There was genuine interest there and he liked it, and returned it.

There was a moment of pleasant silence while they ate and then Julian said, trying to get his mind off Tavi in a tiny white skirt,
"Do you have any clothing with you? You could always borrow something of mine."

She might have clothing in her car. Pajamas, probably not, but his shirts would probably be big enough for her to wear. He clutched the pillow. That visual wasn't helping, either. The bottle of wine on the table called to him in spite of his words to Jan, but he just ate his sushi and tried to think of something neutral. Fluffy bunnies. Happy puppies. Anything.