The Wolf

(Follows The Shower and Simon)

Simon spooned Ellis, running his fingers up and down her shoulder. He was waiting. Suddenly Ellis bursted out laughing.

'Why do you do that, you know it tickles me to death.' She turned and bit his finger.

Laughing he replied,
'I do it because it tickles you to death,' then kissed her tickled shoulder. 'I can't stop touching her,' Simon thought to himself. He loved that he could make her laugh like that. This is the Ellis he wishes he could have all the time. The blood thirsty, power hungry vampire queen was nice for parties, but he preferred soft Ellis instead. He kissed her neck and sighed.

'Ready for round 2?' He snorted into her neck.

Rolling onto her back she reached out and touched his lips. 'Always, but didnt you want to talk to me about something?'

His smile fell. Right. The Wolf. Yippee. Laying on his right side he cupped her left breast. Playing with the nipple softly, hoping to change the subject again.

She smacked his hand lightly.

Grinning he kissed her softly. 'Yeah, its important actually.' Ellis' eyebrows went up. 'Its about The Wolf.'

'Fabulous. Who'd he kill now?'

Simon's eyebrows furrowed.
'You saw him in the debriefing. He's up to something. You hear anything lately floating around?'

She shrugged, 'Usually bullshit really. Political stuff between clans.'

Simon reached down and grazed his lips over her the skin of her breast.
'I dont know, he's up to something. I'll meet with him later but he's going to want something in return for tracking...what's his name?'

'Hillman.'

'Right.' He rested his head on her chest. 'What do we do about Hillman.'

He felt her shrug.
'Kill him is my first thought.'

'I meant before we kill him.'

'Oh,' Ellis replied. 'We'll have to see how far his reach has gotten into Tacharan.'

Simon nodded and looked up at her, resting his chin lightly on her chest.
'I'll have Gaia check out her Merc's. Its not like her to have an oversight. Whoever Hillman is, he's qot quite the hold on whoever he has down here.'

'Can't wait to meet him.'

Ellis Duban 18 years ago
'Poor Simon,' Ellis thought. Always troubled so. She turned to face him and wrapped her limbs on him. She smiled and kissed him softly, running her tongue along his elongated cainine. She felt him grow against her again and she smiled into their kiss.

Just then Simon's cell phone rang. It was the special ring from Carol. She gently rubbed her nose against his and rolled over looking for his phone. Picking up his blue jeans she dug in a pocket and retrieved it for him.

Handing him the phone, she kissed Simon's pouty lips and got out of bed. Her walk in closet was next to her lower bathroom. Quick run in the shower, then she padded into her room of love, as she so fondly called it. She picked out second skin leather pants that hung at her hips and a tight tank with a sheer blouse draped over it. Sliding on her treadz buckled calf high boots, she walked out to see Simon sitting with his jeans on, still talking to Carol on the phone.
Simon Huntington 18 years ago
Simon scratched his head listening to Carol finish her urgent message. 'Alright Carol.' He nodded slowly, hand still on his head. 'No, no,' he replied. 'He's free to come and go.'

He looked at and watched Ellis approach. Her hair damp again from freshening up. Simon reached out and grabbed her hand, kissing the inside of her palm.

'Thank you, Carol.' He snapped his cell phone shut.

'Speak of the devil?' Ellis asked.

He stood and gently kissed her. He silently prayed for a day he could do that in public without her accusing him of softening her image with the Clan. Simon lingered in that soft kiss before letting her go and resuming his business facade.

'Yes, its the Wolf. He wants to speak to me.' He called back to her as he retrieved the shirt he discarded in the bathroom. Simon looked at her as he passed and resisted the urge to wink at her. The moment seemed lost now, at least it did to him. She'd want to be all business now, he figured.

'I'll let you know what I find out,' he said and walked out of Ellis' quarters.
Ellis Duban 18 years ago
Ellis stepped purposely off the stairs to the landing of her bed. She watched Simon put his shirt back on, give her a short report and then leave. Her hands went to her lips, remembering his lingering kiss, then his change in demeanor as he left. He slid out of his old human shell and back into his vampire one. It was what she asked and Simon always did what she wanted. Humans fail to see the logic and strength in loyalty and command. Though they tend to think that vampires live for themselves, all eternity, selfish in their desires and needs. Ellis always thought that was a human trait. Simon would meet her up top later and be his rigid self. He did not mix clan business with his own selfish agenda. Humans seemed to thrive on that concept. Thinking of love, companionship and their happiness above all other duties.

For a moment Ellis missed being human.