Jake Tyler - human

Basic Information

Birth Name (Name Guidelines): Jacob Tyler
Aliases: Jake
Place of Birth: Hoboken, NJ
Age: (real and apparent) (see the age breakdown for vampires here, see the real/apparent age calculator for werewolves here) 44 years old Born July 18th, 1968
Male/Female: Male
Current Occupation: Handler
Past Occupation: (If different from above) ex Vice Detective

Appearance

Hair Color: blondish brown
Length and Style: short, military cut. Spikey, parts to the right.
Eye Color: blue green with brown flecks
Skin Color: Caucasian
Height: 5'8
Weight: 175
Nationality: American
Race: (I.E. Vampire, Werewolf, human etc.) human
Body Type: built, lean
Wolf Form (Werewolf - please read first):

Description (if an NPC) or name of your creator/gifter(if a PC) ( Please be as specific as possible, who your creator/gifter was, why he chose to change you, where is he/she now?):

Personal Questions

1. Describe your character's personality: Patient, quiet, compassionate
2. Describe how your character would appear to a stranger (I.E. typical dress, way they carry themselves etc.): Jeans, cotton t-shirts, casually dressed. Appears to be in his late 30's, just barely in his 40s.
3. What does your character like? beer, peanuts, running
4. Dislike? crowded bars, motels
5. (For humans) Describe what abilities you see your character having if they were turned.
6. What are your fears? (please choose and explain 3 minimum)

1- drug addiction/relapse: Reason he left the force was his addiction to prescription drugs after wrenching his shoulder while on duty.

2- Flying: Travels exclusively by car. Will only travel by plane if 100% necessary and with a serious amount of Valium.

3- dogs: bitten as a child, he doesn't like dogs and stays far away from them.

7. What is your character's strengths and weaknesses? (please pick 3 minimum of each and explain in detail how and why this affects your character)

Strengths -

Emotion detachment - never married or had a serious girlfriend. After leaving the force, his job required him not to have anything to lose and that was no problem.

strong character - Jake's moral code is the basis of his character. His job requires him to do nefarious things, but hurting innocents is something he absolutely refuses to do.

Loyal - if not to his job, to his friends, although there aren't many. The team he was in control in before Randolph fell had been in his custody for the past five years. Had tight, personal friendships with each member, especially Caitlinn. There was nothing he wouldn't do to protect his team and took it personal when Randolph dispatched them (ie killed).

Weaknesses -

drugs - addicted to prescription drugs after an accident. He walks a thin line between relapsing, but traded drugs for alcohol. Recovering drug and alcoholic for the past 10 years.

Moral code - it gets in the way of his job. Is absolutely willing to trade his life to protect even a stranger and his bosses at Randolph have this weakness duly noted.

Caitlinn - Not in love with her, but borderline obsessed after discovering she survived his team being cleaned. His need to ensure her safety, despite willfully choosing to be with the werewolves, begins to push him to borderline stalking to keep tabs on her, arousing the werewolves suspicion.
Hobbies & Skills (for more information, read here)

small arms
hand-to-hand combat
trained Vice Squad detective
police procedures
self defense

Cosmetic Traits(Distinct, character defining physical attributes. These should be minor and offer no real power other than to make your character appear more interesting.)

Quirks and Habits worthy of mention -

chews gum
recovering drug/alcoholic
AA sponsor for the past 10 years

Personal History 3rd person (1st is acceptable) but please be as detailed as possible, this can/will affect your rp with other players.

Jake sat quietly, hands bound behind his back, relaxed comfortably in the nondescript room and metal chair. In front of him was a long, metal table and the largest man he had ever seen off a basketball court.

"My name is Atlas Holden. Who are you?"

Jake looked up...way up...at the name who called himself Atlas. Seemed appropriate. The other men were midgets compared to this one, but they still hovered over him by at least five inches. The taller man's voice was soft, and oddly enough, rather soothing. Jake blinked and looked down at the metal table. He had only said one thing the entire time they held him in the room. He said it once and would not repeat it or tell them any other information. Suddenly there was a knock on the one way mirror behind Atlas and a voice chimed in from hidden speakers.

"His name is Jacob Tyler. Former New Jersey detective in the Vice Squad. Off the grid the past eight years, presumably doing hired security work."

Atlas raised his eyebrows and laced his extremely long fingers in front of him. "Mr. Tyler, is it?"

Jake kept his eyes level, looking at the large black man's hands and finally repeated the only thing he had said up until this point.

"I want to see Caitlinn Conrad."

The door opened and another man came in, this time Caucasian with dark brown hair and light blue eyes. Atlas nodded and left the room, closing the door behind him. Jake gave the new man a cursory glance, but this one stared at him, a rather tense look on his face.

"Why do you want to see Miss Conrad?"

"Because she's supposed to be dead and I'd like to say hi." Jake glared up at the man, shorter than Atlas, but still taller than him. "Who the hell are you? What have you done to her? Why is she back here?" Back 'here' being Duibne Industries, her last job as a mole for the now defunct Randolph Corporation, Jake's employer for the past ten years.

"My name is Charlie Hammond. She's my-"

There was a commotion behind the door and yelling. Finally the door slammed opened and Caitlinn came storming into the room. Jake's jaw dropped at the sight of her and slowly he rose out of his chair, hands still bound behind his back.

"Jake?" she said staring at him. "I thought...wait...you're not dead?"

"Cait," Jake said and moved around the table toward her, making Hammond stand in between them.

"Charlie!" Cait snapped.

"You didn't let me finish," the taller man said, "she's my fiancee."

Jake blinked and looked at Hammond. "You're her...?" He shook his head, "Wait, I'm not...I'm her handler, I'm not her...." Confused, he looked at Cait.

"It's not like that, Charlie. He was my contact at Randolph."

Jake side stepped the angry looking man and tried to hug Cait, but showed her his hands. Cait glared at Hammond and opened the door, ushering in Atlas who came in with a lethal looking knife and cut Jake's ties. Pushing through the men, Cait came at Jake and hugged him, wrapping her arms around his neck.

"When I called, you weren't there. It was someone else. I ran," she said on the verge of tears.

"I was gone already. I got your report and the next thing I knew Lisa, Samson, and Richard were pulled out of the city. They said you were pulled as well and reassigned me. They said we were all reassigned."

"They're gone, Jake. They're all gone."

He looked at Cait and was struck odd by her proximity. It was the first time she had even touched Jake affectionately, much less stand within six feet of him. She looked genuinely surprised and happy to see him. Touching her ponytail, he pulled at it and was taken aback when she smiled at him.

"What happened to you? Are you alright?"

"She's fine," Hammond answered. "And now that you've seen her, I guess you'll be on your way then, Mr. Tyler."

Jake ignored him. "Can I speak to you privately? Outside Duibne?" He could practically hear Hammond's blood pressure rise.

"Yeah," she said without missing a beat. Digging into her pocket, she pulled out a key ring and slipped a silver house key off. "The apartment is still there. Randolph never found it and I use it from time to time."

"I was afraid to check there."

"So was I," she said with a grin. "Are you staying in the city anywhere?"

"No."

"Use it then, I'm not. I'm with," she paused and looked at Hammond. "Use it, it's clean. I'll find you there when I can."

Leaning in close, close enough to make Hammond tense up, Jake whispered to Cait, "Are you sure you're alright?"

"Yeah, yeah. Pinky swear, yo," she said with a smile.

Jake grinned at her and looked at Hammond as he pocketed the house key. "Alright then. Am I free to go?"

"With our apologies for the confusion. Of course," Hammond said in a monotone voice.

Turning to leave, he was surprised to feel Cait's hand reach out and touch his arm, giving it a soft squeeze. Without thinking, he put an arm around her and kissed her softly on the cheek. Cait a year ago would have pulled away immediately, but she let him show her a little affection, confusing him further. The door opened and he was ushered out of Duibne Industries.

OOC Checklist

Player name (online is fine) - Roz
Other Characters you play -
How you came to SA (Other board, friend, etc) -
Have you read all the Rules?
Do you understand that this is an adult board with adult content (sometimes graphic and violent in nature)?
This board is adult only. Are you over the age of 18?