Birth Name (Name Guidelines): Thomas Kane
Place of Birth: Donegal, Ireland
Age: (real and apparent) (see the age breakdown for vampires here, see the real/apparent age calculator for werewolves here) Born May 31, 1976, gifted at 13 - looks 25
Current Occupation: Alpha's Piper
Past Occupation: (If different from above) Piper Augmentee
Hair Color: Dark brown
Length and Style: Straight, thick and combed back military short.
Eye Color: Brown
Skin Color: Olive/Caucasian
Race: (I.E. Vampire, Werewolf, human etc.)
Body Type: Athletic, defined muscles - Piper standard
Wolf Form (Werewolf - please read first): Dark brown with brown eyes
Description (if an NPC) or name of your creator/gifter(if a PC) ( Please be as specific as possible, who your creator/gifter was, why he chose to change you, where is he/she now?):
His father, Colin Kane, was a Piper Trainer at the now destroyed Glenveagh training facility outside Donegal. Jameson by blood, fourth cousin to the LT (Lothias Jameson). Tommy was gifted by his father at the age of 13 and followed in his family's footsteps. His father, along with his three brothers, were killed at the siege of Glenveagh in 2010.
1. Describe your character's personality: Quiet, but friendly. Would rather sit in a pub with a pint and bullshit rather than worry about his physical appearance or what people thought of him.
2. Describe how your character would appear to a stranger (I.E. typical dress, way they carry themselves etc.) Tommy is handsome, but often referred to as a 'dirty irishman' by the ladies. Switches between a goatee or clean shaven, wears dark clothing (jeans, henleys), and has a don't-give-a-damn strut.
3.What does your character like? Dark ale, his job as a Piper, women.
4. Dislike? not being able to smoke, water, cats.
5. (For humans) Describe what abilities you see your character having if they were turned.
6. What are your fears? (please choose and explain 3 minimum)
- Dying without honor: All pipers have this fear to some degree, but Tommy fears he'll not be able to honor his dead brothers and father by being an exemplary Piper.
- Drowning: At 8 years old his brothers attempted to teach him how to swim by shoving him off their family fishing boat one summer. Thinking he was playing, his brothers nearly let him drown.
- Marriage: No desire to marry or father children, he avoids stable relationships, opting for meaningless sex despite missing the opportunity to be truly loved by another. His parents divorced by the time he was 14 and he never saw his mother again. The separation hurt him deeply, not realizing it was his father's doing.
7. What is your character's strengths and weaknesses? (please pick 3 minimum of each and explain in detail how and why this affects your character)
Hunting: Hunted with his father and brothers starting at the age of 6 before his gifting. Tommy learned to survive on his human wits before relying on his werewolf.
Tactical Shooting: A high ranking sharp shooter with small handguns as well as long range rifles.
Versatility: His werewolf abilities combined with his human skills makes Tommy a formidable Piper, which proved a major disappointment to his father since Tommy remained an Aug for the better part of his werewolf life.
Recovering alcoholic: In AA, Tommy struggles to maintain sobriety. Still occasionally drinks, thinking he can control it, but blackout binges still plague him.
Lack of faith in himself: Proud to be a full Piper, he still worries about disappointing his family and bringing dishonor to their name and ultimately tarnishing his father's legacy.
Married women: His motto in all things female: "The ring comes off with everything else."
Abilities - Listed here (Include Tier Points) -
Flaws - Listed here(Include Tier Points) -
Hobbies & Skills (for more information, read here)
- plays the guitar and piano
- can carry a tune
Cosmetic Traits(Distinct, character defining physical attributes. These should be minor and offer no real power other than to make your character appear more interesting.)
- Scar from the gunshot wound he received along his left clavicle and base of his neck. Faint, but skin is discolored.
- Tattoos on both forearms. Black flames starting at his wrists all the way up to his elbows. Old English font across his back, above his shoulder blades that reads 'Hell Bound'. All tattoos are easily hidden by long sleeve shirts.
- When not on duty, always wears a wide black leather band with steel rivets on his right wrist.
- Wears his father's insignia ring recovered from the Glenveagh massacre on his right ring finger.
Quirks and Habits worthy of mention -
Personal History 3rd person (1st is acceptable) but please be as detailed as possible, this can/will affect your rp with other players.
Thomas Kane ascended to full Piper status the winter of 2011 after receiving a shotgun blast to the neck by ex-Piper Harris 'Dougie' Doughan while serving during the protection of Caitlinn Conrad. Left as part of the Augmentee Core headed up by the Alpha's Pipers Sergeant Charlie Hammond, Tommy went above and beyond his duty as a Piper, putting his life in extreme danger.
Viv raised her eyebrows and closed the folder in front of her. Looking up, she gave the dark haired Piper a cursory glance. "That's what your folder says about what happened last November."
Tommy sat in civilian clothes, black jeans and a dark gray Henley, leaning forward with his elbows on his knees and hands clasped together. Pursing his lips together, he gave it some thought and then nodded. "Aye, that sounds about right."
"You lost your father and brothers at Glenveagh in 2010. That was immediately following my departure."
"Aye, sounds about right, too."
Vivienne listened to Tommy's soft Scottish brogue and smiled. She liked Tommy, he was a good man and exemplary Piper, but one thing was bothering her.
"You were an augmentee for the last ten years. No permanent duty, just filling in where needed. As the son of a Piper Trainer, why is that?"
"Just the way it turned out, ma'am. Me lads were Pipers already, my Da didn't need his youngest gallivanting around the globe when he needed me close to him."
Viv opened his folder back up again and read his duty stations. "South Africa - specifically the Saharan Pipers, Germany, Australia, all over Europe, and the Alpha's crew here in the States. You were gallivanting all over the globe."
"Semantics," Tommy said with a shrug.
"You're an Alpha's Piper now. Full privileges, vacation, hazard-pay...all the fun stuff. Is this what you want?"
Tommy's fingers immediately went to the signet ring he wore on his right ring finger, his movement was not lost on Vivienne. "It's what me Da would have wanted."
"The Pipers aren't about retribution."
"I hope not. I'm not that ambitious for blood. I understand what this is for, lass- excuse me, ma'am, but what's done is done. Me life for the Alpha. For the Pack. I'll honor me Da and lads by being the type of Piper they were."
Tommy shrugged and laced his fingers together. Vivienne narrowed his eyes at him, gauging him for his worth, and he glowed brightly in her jungle sense. Thomas Kane should have stepped up years ago, but on the cusp of 37, he was coming into the Pipers late in life, much like JT Paulson.
"Your burr. It's softening, but not gone. You switch back and forth between American and Irish accents. The others dropped their Afrikan accents for east coast ones."
"Aye, but the lasses like it."
Viv grinned and felt a blush rise up into her cheeks at the way Tommy squinted up at her with his dirty Irishman charm. "That we do," she murmured with a grin. "Welcome to the Alpha's Piper's, Tommy. Don't be twistin' in the hay, will ya, boyo?"
Laughing, he clapped appreciatively at Viv's attempt at Irish slang. "Wouldn't dream of it, lass." Tommy gave her a wink and got up from his chair, leaving Viv's office as quiet as a church mouse.
Player name (online is fine) - Roz
Other Characters you play - Pipers
How you came to SA (Other board, friend, etc) - Staff
Have you read all the Rules? Yes
Do you understand that this is an adult board with adult content (sometimes graphic and violent in nature)? Yes
This board is adult only. Are you over the age of 18? Yes