A Nice Dinner... Maybe (Attn: Alex)

It was supposed to be a nice evening. Just a quiet dinner, with Alex a few of his senior designers and some of his best clients. Eiryk had reserved a private room at a very new Italian restaurant that was getting rave reviews. He was quite looking forwarded to trying everything and wanted the night to be just perfect for everyone.

He'd been involved with the décor so that was, of course, perfect. It seamlessly blended Old World Italian with modern European design with just a pinch of camp, just enough to make you smile when you noticed a subtle detail. He was quite proud of the flow too, this didn't feel like a restaurant it felt cozy and intimate. It was two of the other designers on his staff that deserved massive praise though. The acoustics were amazing, this would -never- be a noisy restaurant. Eiryk was so fascinated by that he'd been doing a great deal of reading about it and had been experimenting in their apartment. Of course, moving things around at home also meant he'd been falling flat on his face more than usual, but such was the price of learning and he'd not broken any of the furniture, only his wrist... once.

But he was looking forward to showing everything off to Alex. OK and he was also looking forward to showing Alex off, the place was more than a bit up scale so one did have to dress and he loved the look of Alex in a suit. It was just like a Christmas present and Eiryk was having a hard time not drooling or visibly licking his lips.

He also had a ring in his pocket. Eiryk still hadn't talked to Alex about getting hitched and he wasn't sure he would tonight, but as he had been for some time now, he did have the ring. Seriously, it had been easier to explain the vampire thing, it had been after Alex had accidentally tried to roast him any way. Eiryk was starting to realize when it came to Alex he had a lot of trouble -starting- important conversations.

After half falling out of the car as the valet took it Eiryk very casually walked over to Alex and straightened his partner's collar. Not because it was crooked, but because he could.

"I hear the mussels are excellent.”

He said, completely forgetting his allergy, again, that or he was possibly not talking about seafood. It was anyone's guess. They were a bit early so they could greet everyone as they came in and to ensure that the maître d' had made all the necessary arrangements. But until others joined them he got to flirt shamelessly. He'd probably flirt after their guests arrived too, but it would be a touch more discreet.

Alex Aristos 12 years ago
Alex would be lying if he said he wasn't at all nervous about attending this dinner with Eiryk. Well... truth be told attending anything with Eiryk didn't bother him, but having important people there, Eiryk's clients, some of his staff... that made him nervous. He straightened his suit and smiled a little tightly at Eiryk when he reached out to play with Alex's collar. He felt out of place in a suit.

He wanted to be here with Eiryk though, because Eiryk had asked and because Alex enjoyed spending time together. He couldn't imagine what he could possibly add to any conversation though. He knew almost nothing about what Eiryk did. Oh he'd picked up a bit here and there but it wasn't enough to fill out an actual discussion.

When Eiryk mentioned mussels Alex laughed softly and shook his head.
"Hearing is all you're going to do," he warned his partner gently. He had to attribute it to Eiryk's age... otherwise how else could someone forget they had an allergy? Maybe it was the fact that Eiryk claimed it wouldn't kill him - just puff him up and make him gasp and wheeze for a bit. Either way Alex would prefer he not have to go through that.

Turning toward the restaurant he gave a little sigh then put on a brave face for Eiryk.
"Well, are you ready?"

It was an Italian restaurant. Alex hadn't mentioned it to Eiryk because he didn't want to hurt his feelings, but he couldn't imagine the sheer extent of damage Eiryk could do in here... not to mention the potential for some spectacular stains.
Eiryk 12 years ago
It took Eiryk a second to realize why Alex was taking mussels off the menu. Oh... yeah. I couldn't eat them could he. Well he could, there were just consequences. Ordinarily Eiryk might have pushed to try just one but he wouldn't upset Alex like that.

"Relax. This is just for fun, schmoozing and whatever I promise no shop talk, or at least very little. It is about client relations and keeping business that's all.”

The topic of conversation would probably range from his boat to Project Runway and back again at least three times over. These were his easy going fun clients, people who almost fell into the friend category. Two of them were vampires, one was an Evenhet and the other was a slightly odd ball Anantya, Eiryk was laying even money Alex wouldn't ever know.

"Of course I'm ready. Let's go find Bob. He'll probably have everything all ready to go but I want to see what wines he has picked out.”

Bob. Eiryk laughed a little. The maître d' at a stupidly upscale restaurant, and his name was Bob. He didn't even use Robert. It was a bit of brilliance as far as Eiryk was concerned.

And he remained totally unconcerned until he tipped over the curb. Used to such mishaps he quickly righted himself but still managed to stumble, face first, into the door.

It might have been an omen, a sign of things to come. But that just didn't either register or bother Eiryk, as per his norm he just kept going. Although he had become used to, reliant on and even comforted by Alex's efforts to keep him more or less vertical and prevent him from ruining his suit.

Getting into the restaurant with minimal fanfare Bob found them. Eryik beamed and found himself engulfed in a bear hug from a six foot four former line backer. The embrace nearly broke his ribs which was impressive as Eiryk knew that Bob was a human. He hoped the man found or had a very sturdy woman because he was sure to break a delicate one. Once released he grinned up at the man.

"Slow night or are you just happy to see me?”

"Both.” Bob answered with a big smile. "But it should pick up here shortly.”

"Good news. Bob this is Alex, He's my ... co-host.”

Alex was so much more than that but tonight it was a fitting title.
Alex nodded at Eiryk. "I can handle client relations." He did it himself at work, after all. It was just so much more important when they were Eiryk's clients. He didn't want to come up lacking.

He did his best to steady his boyfriend as Eiryk tripped and stumbled his way into the restaurant. If Alex hadn't known better he'd have thought Eiryk was nervous, but no... Eiryk tripped this often on a regular basis.

They met Bob, who Eiryk had described to Alex. The man was huge. He was only a couple inches taller than Alex but he was probably wide enough and beefy enough to be two of him. As Eiryk introduced them they shook hands. Alex glanced sideways at Eiryk, a little confused at his terminology. Was there a reason Eiryk hadn't referred to him as his boyfriend?

"Nice to meet you Bob," Alex said with a soft smile. He looked around the restaurant, drawing closer to Eiryk but hesitating to slip his hand into Eiryk's just in case. He thought the folks here knew about them but he didn't want to presume, or to ruin Eiryk's image before he even opened his mouth.
Eiryk 12 years ago
Bob looked from Alex to Eiryk and very slowly started to smile and that turned into a laugh. He had known Eiryk for a while and he knew that the decorator always solo hosted these little get togethers, once in a while he'd have a cute little Asian woman with him but Bob had always teased Eiryk about being single and threatened to set him up with his 'little' brother. Sam, who was four years younger than Bob, was even bigger than he was.

"Nice to meet you Alex. I'm glad some one has finally taken him off the market. He causes trouble on his own."

Eiryk rolled his eyes but with a stupid kind of smile on his face and slipped his arm around Alex's waist.

"Yeah but we didn't have any money on it so... I'm sure Sam will find some one nice and... sturdy."

He leaned toward Alex and explained the whole 'set up' thing briefly not wanting to leave his boyfriend in the dark.

Bob half laughed.

"Come on," Eiryk said, "Show me what you have for us."

Bob lead them back to a private room that had been set aside for the group. It was set for ten. It would be Eiryk, Alex, two designers, one girlfriend, three clients and two dates, well one date and a familiar but who was counting.

"I'm glad you decided on the preset menu we are going to be busy tonight service might have been slow. You'll have two servers that should take care of you don't you think?

"Should be. Can we see the menu, I trust you but..."

Bob agreed and handed the menu, but to Alex.

"No shell fish. Do you have any allergies I should worry about?"
"He causes plenty of trouble still," Alex assured Bob. "Taking him off the market hasn't changed anything."

He smiled in understanding at the inside joke, glad Eiryk had let him in on it and glad that this Sam hadn't managed to get Eiryk. He didn't quite share the mirth but he didn't think he was expected to with an inside joke like this. Instead he wrapped his arm around Eiryk's waist in return and moved closer, squeezing Eiryk's hip.

The private room they were led to was nicely decorated, set for ten, and set off from the rest of the restaurant so that they would have a quiet area of their own. Alex turned to Bob in surprise when he was handed the menu but looked over it with a smile and a nod. He wondered if these sorts of things would happen the longer he and Eiryk were together. He had never really imagined a long term. He'd sort of pictured himself as always the tag along boyfriend, running his business and doing his thing but staying out of the way of Eiryk's far more flamboyant lifestyle.

Now, though, he thought he could see himself as taking a little more active part in Eiryk's life. Maybe Eiryk would want him to. Alex was a reasonably organized person, easily as neat as his partner. He could, perhaps, take a little pressure off of Eiryk on occasion when he was busy. So he gave the menu his full, serious attention.

He looked it over quickly but thoroughly. He didn't know quite what he was looking for but it looked like a nicely balanced menu to him. He turned back to Bob and handed him the menu.

"It looks great... no, I don't have any allergies."

Alex would have to make it a point to study hosting, things like this, so he could come up to Eiryk's level. He was beginning to realize that he couldn't just coast along behind Eiryk... he had to be a true partner.
Eiryk 12 years ago
Eiryk was rather surprised that Bob had given Alex the menu but he took it in stride. Alex actually needed to eat and knew more about food after all. Besides he was rather pleased that Bob had understood that Alex wasn't arm candy.

With Alex's approval Bob disappeared. Their guests would be arriving soon and he had other customers to take care of, and as much as he liked the man it was good to have a few minutes with just the two of them. Eiryk took advantage of the momentary privacy to pull Alex to him and kiss him.

"I am so glad you came. I hope you have some fun."

Eiryk wanted to help Alex, be part of things that were important to him, but it was hard for him to help with yoga classes when he didn't know much and his balance could be questionable. The same held true for the store, he'd knocked over one display... one and that had been the end of that.

It was still a bit of a marvel to him that he was involved, seriously, with any one let alone a wonderful kind sweet man. A very human man. He'd thought for some time that he could be happy bouncing from lover to lover, without any real commitment. He had never been so wrong.

"What did Bob say we had for desert? It couldn't possibly be as sweet as you."

They were going to muss each other's suits if they weren't careful, but it was so hard to remember that with Alex.
Alex smiled at Eiryk after Bob left. His smile grew as he was tugged close and kissed pretty thoroughly. He returned it in kind for a few seconds before realizing someone might be watching, then pulled away with soft laugh.

"I'm not worried about fun," he admitted. "I just want to help you out if I can."

He shook his head, addressing the other part of Eiryk's statement.
"Of course I came. You know I wouldn't have missed it once you asked me here."

He wouldn't have come without that express invitation, but maybe he could continue to lend a hand. Alex would really like to be part of Eiryk's life. He didn't know how long they'd have before he felt too old to be with an eternally young lover. He wanted to make the most of it. Time had never felt so short.

He punched Eiryk lightly on the shoulder at the sweet comment.
"Come on..." he wasn't sure he'd ever get used to things like that. He liked them, but Eiryk still managed to embarrass him sometimes, even when they were alone. He didn't mind it.

"Parfait, creme brulee, something with lemon. It looked pretty good."

Alex glanced at his watch, the one Eiryk had given him. It was a bit sporty for the suit, but it was his only one and it was hidden beneath his cuff.
"They're going to get here soon, huh? Anything you want me to avoid talking about?"

If Eiryk had any issues with their relationship, religion, politics, anything like that... he should probably say so. Not that Alex was going to discuss either of the above, but it would be nice to know if there was anything taboo.
Eiryk 12 years ago
It was just like Alex to want to help and not worry about what he gout out of it, and Eiryk loved that. But he still wanted Alex to enjoy himself. He had, however, learned not to push though.

It meant a surprising about to Eiryk that Alex wanted to help and was willing to come. It really never quite clicked with him that Alex would ever be intimidated by what he was doing or functions like this. If that had ever occurred to him he would be even more impressed with his boyfriend.

"You know that goes for me as well. Or... I could just stay far far away from your store and keep the insurance premiums down."

Sometimes Eiryk could be a bit sensitive about his lack of grace but more often than not he had no issues making light of it. After all, if he did then others couldn't.

Alex's punch took him off guard, and even though it was light, he rubbed his shoulder, while laughing. It was far too much fun to tease Alex, to flirt outrageously. He leered shamelessly.

"Oh I'd like to... but I don't think we have time and something about the health code... but later. Later."

It was a promise. It was odd, you'd think that the initial lust should have worn off by now but it hadn't. It still didn't take much effort or even reason for Eiryk to be totally aroused by his partner.

"Don't talk about fight club?" He suggested with a goofy grin. "Most of these folks are pretty easy going, even the clients... well watch Martha she can get you in a political head lock but I promise to rescue you if she does. Other than that it is all fair game."

Martha was related to Angus somehow, Eiryk never could remember how, but she was part of Anantya and could be rather stuffy. But her issue would most likely be that he was involved with a human. Of course, she was also old enough and smart enough not to say anything in public either.

Before they could say much else there was a cheerful call of "Hey boss man! I promised I'd be on time didn't I?"

Eve had shocking, nu-naturally shocking, red hair and even though she was dressed conservatively and tastefully in a pencil skirt and a silk blouse you could see a tattoo peaking out here and there, and one on her calf that couldn't be hidden. But she had talent and was more professional than one might think on first glance.

"You did. Eve this is Alex, my boyfriend."

She smiled brightly and offered her hand to Alex while doing her best not to look like she was trying not to appreciate how nice the two men looked together.
"I like when you help," Alex said, "Just as long as you stay in one place and try not to touch anything."

He offered Eiryk an apologetic smile. It was true that there were many ways in which Eiryk could wreak havoc in his store. Sometimes, it was just safer to try to run damage control.

The flirting was never misplaced, really. Alex liked it even if it did embarrass him sometimes. He listened to what Eiryk said about Martha and then greeted Eve with a smile. By then more people were entering and they had to behave themselves.

Within a few minutes Alex was doing his best to schmooze with Eiryk's friends and clients. They seemed nice enough and everyone was in a casual sort of mood. Alex discovered that two or three of them liked yoga and were interested in camping. That kind of thing always smoothed the road for him, comfort wise.

As usual he found himself gravitating toward the women in the room. Eve was a lot of fun, not at all as serious as the pencil skirt indicated and every bit as fun as the tattoos implied. As it turned out she liked the same books as he did, too, so they chatted with each other as they waited for their meal to begin.
Eiryk 12 years ago
Martha had show up last, with her familiar who had the advantage of being a very flashy bit of arm candy. Glenn, who had a bit of a crush on Eve, had joined in their conversation while Kyle and his girlfriend kept Martha entertained.

Eiryk happily flitted from conversation to conversation and group to group and with the help of the servers made sure that glasses stayed full and appetizers were available. He really did love this part of his business, it was fun.

He'd turned to say something to Glenn, who if Eiryk hadn't known the man had a thing for Eve he would have suspected him of flirting with Alex, and he stopped paying attention to his surroundings for just long enough. One of the servers came in, he was standing in just the wrong spot and the door swung wind and hit him square in the face.

Eiryk stumbled back, into the wall and half stood, half leaned against it looking rather dazed. Even for a vampire a door to the face took a second to recover from. The server was very apologetic but it had rather interrupted the flow of the evening.
Alex was sort of warming up to this whole socializing thing. It wasn't so bad, really, when everyone was focused on having a good time. There were actually very little politics involved. He got a little absorbed in his conversation with Eve and, eventually, Glenn, and lost track of Eiryk for a second.

His attention was back on his boyfriend as soon as he noticed the swinging door.

"Eiryk..." Alex warned, but it was too late. The door hit Eiryk right in the face and he staggered back against the wall looking stunned while the server apologized.

Alex excused himself from Eve and Glenn and rushed over to his boyfriend.
"Are you all right? You're bleeding."

He grabbed a napkin from the table nearby and returned, gathering Eiryk close to him, not really caring whether it was tasteful in their current company or not. He slid one arm around Eiryk's shoulders and held the napkin in his other hand, dabbing it against Eiryk's nose. The blood stopped almost immediately of course, but Alex rubbed his hand gently over Eiryk's shoulders anyway, leaning in to kiss his temple softly.

"I got distracted," he said apologetically.

Alex somehow managed to determine that it was his fault. Normally he was far more observant. He was getting very good at predicting where disaster might strike and moving Eiryk away from it, or intervening in some way.

He steered Eiryk toward the table. Most of their guests had seen what happened with the door so they followed suit and also headed toward the table. The servers were finished, Alex assumed, with the preliminary settings... there were glasses of water, wine glasses, and baskets with loaves of bread. Shallow dishes held a fragrant mixture of herbs and olive oil to dip the bread in, but there was butter for those who didn't understand the mediterranean flare.

He carefully guided his partner around the suspicious-looking flipped up corner of a carpet. Then he held Eiryk's chair for him. It was a courtly gesture, perhaps, but also practical... Alex had seen Eiryk miss the chair entirely before. It wasn't that Eiryk needed a keeper, it was just that trouble seemed to follow him closely and Alex had taken it upon himself to stand between it and Eiryk whenever he could.

He took his own seat next to Eiryk while everyone arranged themselves around the table. Beneath the tablecloth, he slipped his hand into Eiryk's and gave it a squeeze.
Eiryk 12 years ago
"Huh."

Was all Eiryk could say for a second. He hadn't even been aware of the blood. Thank goodness for Alex though, the shirt was custom made and he'd never get the stain out right.

Fortunately the fog cleared fast enough. Eiryk had gotten far too used to Alex being there for him. For years, decades if not longer, Eiryk had been accustom to taking care of himself and just having to recover and bounce back from something like a door to the face. Now he was almost used to being coddled.

Eiryk grinned and gave Alex a quick peck on the cheek.

"It wasn't your fault and I'm OK I promise."

As everyone sat down and got settled conversation resumed. Glenn, after asking to make sure that Eiryk was OK turned to Alex with a bit of a grin.

"Is he this bad at home? I've always been amazed he doesn't destroy as many antiques as he sells."

Having no problem laughing at himself Eiryk chuckled a bit and shook his head but let Alex answer. He had a standard quip for questions like that, after all Glenn wasn't the first one to wonder how he managed to work with delicate objects.
Alexander smiled at Glenn and nodded, shrugging his shoulders a little. "He's like this everywhere," he said easily, "but that's Eiryk."

In the meantime the squeeze of his hand had gone unnoticed, possibly because Eiryk's nose was smarting. Alex might have been feeling slightly mischievous... maybe Eiryk brought it out in him. The table was round, and the tablecloth was sort of long.

Alex turned away from the person next to him slightly, to provide some cover, and pulled his hand away from Eiryk's. Then without batting an eyelash, in a move that was surprisingly un-Alex, definitely not what he would normally do particularly in this setting, he slid his hand down and rested it on Eiryk's crotch, giving it a firm squeeze.

He left his hand there while he reached out for his water glass and took a sip. Then he turned back to Eve, who'd just asked a question about his store. She seemed really interested in it. Alex wasn't here to plug his own business, but it would have been rude not to answer her.

"We do have camelbaks," he said in response to her, "but I don't sell bicycles. I don't have the floor space for them, considering how many different models are on the market. I could order one if you knew what you wanted; I just don't have the space to carry them consistently."

He moved his hand slowly beneath the table, keeping his arm still so as not to draw undue attention. He wasn't planning to remain there long; he'd just wanted to remind his boyfriend he was there.

While he did so he replaced his water glass and moved one of the little candles on the table away from Eiryk's reach. Why tempt fate?
Eiryk 12 years ago
Glenn laughed. "And yet he went into design not demolition. How do you not go broke?"

"I work on the theory, "I break it you bought it." Keeps me in the black."

Anything else Eiryk might have said went right out of his head. His mouth went dry and he had to concentrate very hard on being calm and professional. That was very bold and not quite like Alex. Not that he minded. No. Not really.

He might have been able to manage if Alex had kept his hand still, but he didn't. Eiryk swallowed hard and squeezed Alex's knee. The man was a tease and he would pay for it once they got home. Maybe they could skip to desert right now. Eve and Kyle could keep every one entertained, they were both quite capable. Eiryk's only fear would be if Martha would object. She could be so touchy about humans.

Subtly licking his lips he turned to answer the Anantya in question, there was a slight hitch in his voice as he did so.

"Esi found the place. I swear without her I would starve. I think she's been stalking Bob."

There was a certain irony in his words as neither he nor Martha needed to 'eat' but the joke made her smile. That or possibly that near crack in his voice, she was extremely observant. Eiryk reached for his wine, something anything to distract himself and maybe cool off a bit, but he missed...
Alex laughed, tempted to mention that Eiryk had a rather extensive background in demolition. He didn't know who here knew about him though. He wasn't naive enough to assume their company was entirely human; it might be, for all he knew, but now that he understood there was actually a vampire population in Nachton, however small, he never assumed anything.

He was gratified to feel the hand gripping his knee, and even more so when he noted a slightly glazed expression in Eiryk's eyes. Aha. So now his advances were noticed. Alex wasn't sure what had gotten into him tonight; it wasn't him to be so overt... even if he was being covertly overt. Maybe being with Eiryk gave him some confidence. Whatever the reason he moved his hand mischievously, rubbing gently.

He took a piece of Italian bread from the basket that was being passed around and placed it on his plate, then handed it to Eiryk. Right around then Eiryk tried to reach for his wineglass but Alex could see the collision before it happened. Deftly he reached out and slid Eiryk's glass over just a bit so it fit snugly into his hand.

Continuing the conversation as if nothing had almost happened Alex smiled.
"Esi is kind of a miracle worker."

In the meantime he continued to play beneath the tablecloth, his actions definitely not going unnoticed, if Eiryk's unseen response was any indication. Alex wondered what his odds of getting his partner alone were, and then shook his head at himself. What had gotten into him tonight? He was setting Eiryk up for a major incident.

And yet, he didn't pull his hand away.

Dipping his bread into the olive oil he took a bite and smiled at the familiar flavors, herbs and spices his grandmother had cooked with all his life. Eve asked what was in the oil and he answered, since no one else really seemed to be jumping on it.

"Marjoram, thyme, fennel, and rosemary," he said, letting the flavors drift over his tongue.

The conversation meandered while waiting for their salads. Alex remained quiet for the most part, listening to who was a client of Eiryk's, who was a coworker or friend, making the occasional polite inquiry now and then. He kept half an eye out for Eiryk, as he usually did, although this time he figured it wasn't just Eiryk's bad luck if something went wrong. Alex was equally to blame.
Eiryk 12 years ago
It was going to be difficult to stand up, Eiryk thought. But at the same time he didn't discourage Alex at all. It never even crossed his mind to discourage Alex. This was rather unprecedented behavior from his boyfriend and it was exciting. He had to really work to pay attention to what was going on around him but, some how, that made it even more fun.

"I don't think a single restaurant comes into town she doesn't know about, I think they have to apply to her for permission to open up.”

With the exception of that Scandinavian place he'd had gotten dinner for he and Alex from around Christmas. That one Eiryk had gotten to bring to Esi's attention, and it had been a lot of fun to best her once. At least he thought it had been fun, it was hard to remember as Alex continued to tease.

"Have you had Esi long?”

Martha asked and Eiryk flinched every so subtly at her choice of words. Alex and possibly Martha would be the only ones to notice.

"She's worked for me since I opened up shop here in Nachton.”

Eiryk clarified gently. He did not have a familiar, he'd only had two in his lifetime and they had both been rather extenuating circumstances. It seemed to be hard for Martha to understand he didn't need the familiar bond to have a meaningful relationship with a human whether that be a working or personal relationship.

Half listening to Alex and Eve Eiryk thought they should take her out again soon. She was a talented designer but still young and there was still a lot out there she hadn't been exposed too.

"And why isn't she here with us tonight?” Martha continued.

Eiryk reached for some of the olive oil with the herbs and was very much threatening to flip over either the dish of oil, the bred basket or possibly, given his level of distraction, both. He really should have kept to gripping Alex's knee.

"She had today off something about a quick visit to some friends down south. Personally I think she's engaging in a torrid affair with a former lover.”

Esi's husband had passed away three years ago and it was about time she got back out there. But he never did press her about her love life, even if it was fun to tease her about now and then.
Alex sort of liked the fact that even though he and Eiryk were engaging in two different conversations happening on opposite sides of the table they were still very attuned to each other. He knew Eiryk wasn't oblivious to his hand, but he was still able to do two things at once. Three, he thought, if you counted eating, doing naughty things to Eiryk beneath the tablecloth, and eating.

With Eve and Glenn and the two other people sitting nearby, Michaela and John, the conversation had turned to cooking and mediterranean food in particular. As it happened, Michaela and Glenn both enjoyed cooking and practiced it as a hobby. They all enjoyed Food Network on TV and as soon as they got off the topic of Greek food in particular, the conversation moved on to watching Worst Cooks in America.

By then the salad course was served, along with the soup, an unusual way to serve a formal dinner, but no one seemed to mind. Alex immediately went on his guard. Eiryk and soup were a dangerous combination. He'd already righted the wine glass twice and slid the olive oil over a few times.

He figured if he was going to keep distracting Eiryk, he should probably stay vigilant and help stave off disaster. With that in mind his fingers slyly found the zipper on Eiryk's slacks and tugged it down just enough to fit a couple fingers into. He smiled innocently at Eiryk and slipped his fingers inside, resuming his gentle stroking as they kept talking. He was going to stop soon... this was highly inappropriate behavior and very un-Alex. But it seemed like the further he went, the easier it was to just go a teeny step further. God, at this rate he was going to be under the table giving Eiryk a blowjob in the next ten minutes.

Not a bad idea... Alex wondered if they could manage to sneak off to the coat closet. Or a restroom.
Eiryk 12 years ago
This was one of the more, er, creative dinners he'd ever hosted. Eiryk was having one hell of a time keeping his mind on the conversation at hand. Once he had totally lost the thread of discussion but Kyle had been alert and covered for him. It was rather unlike him and he hoped his designer would ask any questions afterward.

It was quite gratifying to hear all the little conversations, his clients chatting with the designers and each other. An evening like this was never boss and employees or designer and client it was closer to friends. Even though he was distracted and had lost the conversation once Eiryk was trying very hard to keep this normal and flow in and out of conversations where he could, but he was quieter than usual and he was certain some one had noticed. After all Martha had an odd an knowing expression on her face. Who would have thought this slightly stodgy woman had a wild side? It almost made him laugh.

This was -so- not like Alex, not in the slightest. But even though this was highly inappropriate he couldn't bring himself to suggest or even hint that his boyfriend stop. Eiryk, however, did stop, breathing that was. He had never in a million years would have expected Alex to get even bolder. Oh this was going to bring retaliation, lots and lots of pay back, as soon as he could think again. For now though he did his best not to gasp.

His hand dropped back to the table, by way of his soup spoon. Which had been in his soup and catapulted itself into the air right toward Alex. Eiryk only barley noticed, he was too busy wondering if he could smuggled Alex back home and man handle him.
Alex had a difficult time keeping a straight face as Eiryk spaced out on his conversation yet again. Funny, Alex would have thought Eiryk had had an experience like this before... he was so old and he seemed so... well, he'd been around the block a few times was all. Still, Alex was gratified to be able to affect his boyfriend so strongly.

Alex sampled his salad, which was a good mix of leafy greens; spinach and arugula with olives, roma tomatoes, feta cheese, and pine nuts. The soup appeared to be a minestrone. Dangerous when Eiryk had on a white dress shirt. Then again, everything within Eiryk's reach was dangerous.

Sure enough Alex's boldness got the better of him. He saw Eiryk's hand fall and just happened to anticipate the chain reaction. As the soup spoon flew into the air Alex reached out and caught it neatly (and accidentally) by the handle. He brought it safely back in for a landing and handed it to Eiryk, leaning over to kiss him gently on the cheek.

"These aren't meant for flying you know," he said with a grin.

Meanwhile he gave Eiryk one last, longing caress beneath the tablecloth and then slid his mischievous fingers out of his slacks, deftly zipping them back up and shifting in his chair to hide the movement of his arm as he pulled it back to rest on Eiryk's thigh. Time to behave himself... what he was doing was definitely indecent and unpardonably rude, to both Eiryk and their company. He squeezed Eiryk's leg, in apology or as a promise to finish what he started at their earliest convenience... maybe both.

The cooking conversation still ruled at the table and Eve impishly asked Eiryk if he cooked too, or if that was solely Alex's job. Alex watched Eiryk with interest, waiting to see how he'd answer. Personally, Alex thought 'cooking' was not exactly accurate when describing Eiryk's attempts at food preparation. The question had not been addressed to him however, and even if it had been he'd have found a kinder way to articulate his thoughts. Eiryk tried, and if effort was worth gold Eiryk would be rich...er than he already was.
Eiryk 12 years ago
At least he was remembering to eat. Very few of their kind made such a simple mistake, never eating was a give away. However, he hadn't really tasted any of it, it might as well been grilled cheese and canned chicken noodle soup

Looking over he just happened to see Alex catch the soup spoon, which brought an impromptu round of applause from the table. Grinning at Alex's gentle kiss he managed not to blush.

"I don't know I heard the Wright Brothers started with spoons before moving on to bicycles and gliders.”

It was going to take a while before he was relaxed enough to stand and he knew that they had been pushing, okay they had down right crossed the line, of socially acceptable behavior but still Eiryk was a bit sorry that Alex was deciding to behave himself now.

Alex was remarkable, he really was. Who else would be able to do that and to distract him so thoroughly? He had even contemplated leaving their guests in favor of a tumble, quick, long, cramped and in the first available private nook or all the way back at their place. As he caught Alex's hand and squeezed it while considering doing something very suggestive to it, he some how managed to reenter the conversation.

"I have cooked for him before. But somehow Alex always winds up making a second meal.” Eiryk grinned charmingly. "So I've decided it is better for all concerned to keep him barefoot and in the kitchen.”

He'd pay for that later, but he'd probably enjoy it.