In the Quiet (Private)

Rowan lay awake, staring up at the ceiling, resting comfortably against Cris who slept beside him, curled around him protectively. It had been two nights since he'd foolishly run headlong into what had been a set-up and he was having trouble sleeping. That fact didn't trouble him terribly... he knew it would be a little while before he got the images out of his head. He had some time off and he was making good use of it, he hoped, getting himself back together so he could return to work.

His body was close to being healed. He still wore bandages around his hands but the wrappings only covered from his wrists to his palms, leaving his still slightly reddened fingers free. The burns were mostly healed. All that remained were the welts in his palms which had been far worse than he'd thought at the time and were still closing. They were well on the mend though; merely a little tender and sore. He couldn't really grip anything tightly yet but it wouldn't be long.

Once he'd come to his senses he'd been able to shed a little light on the situation, but not as much as he would have liked. He had informed Cris that the little girl's name was Jessie, that she'd been physically and sexually abused by her parents. Rowan had turned them in to the authorities. Jessie would be the proverbial damsel in distress, but he had no idea who would have written such a thing or killed a child. None of his co-workers fit the profile.

He sighed into the darkness of their bedroom and tried to gently extricate himself from Cris's arms without waking his lover. Poor Cris. He didn't deserve any of this. Rowan wished he could turn back the clock and erase what had happened. He was trying to remain in good spirits, for himself and for his partner. It wasn't tough; Rowan was a natural optimist. He had faith in their ability to sort this out, he just wanted it to happen before anyone else was hurt... or killed. That people were dying because of him - that bothered him a great deal. He was trying not to dwell on it or his confidence and positivity might fail him, and he needed them now.

Sitting up on the edge of the bed Rowan tenderly reached back and touched his sore fingertips to Cris's cheek. There was so much love there, he thought, a shadowed smile ghosting across his lips. He rose and made his quiet way down to the living room where he stood in front of the windows for a long moment, gazing out at the snowy alpine night. Outside it would be mid-day and the sun would be blazing but here, in their home, they were surrounded by starlit darkness. It was tempting to remain here and forget the outside world but Rowan had never done things the easy way.

He finally moved over to the sofa and sat. He didn't expect to be alone long; Christian was a remarkably light sleeper and Rowan knew his presence in bed would have been instantly missed. On the off chance that Cris could stay asleep though, Rowan reconsidered the idea of watching TV. Maybe he should read a book instead. He was certain to sleep more in a little bit, he just wasn't sleeping for long periods at a time before dreams woke him up. He felt badly about the fact that every time he awoke, Cris did too. Yet at the same time it was comforting. Cris had been ever-present since the fire, Rowan's supporter and caretaker, his sounding board, his shoulder to cry on. Rowan knew he was worried but he kept his legendary calm and made himself everything Rowan could possibly need.

A pirate and a mercenary... Rowan's lips quirked up a little. Surely, the two of them could make this work with the help of their friends. They were tough and resourceful and Rowan didn't think anyone could out-strategize Cris. They would get to the bottom of this. They had to. Failure was not an option.

Christian Bern 12 years ago
Cris felt Rowan leave the bed but waited a moment or two before he followed. He had suspected that his partner had been laying there awake for a bit because of the lack of movement. There was a subtle difference between someone sleeping peacefully and someone laying there awake, a certain stiffness, especially if they are trying not to disturb the person next to them. Cris had become very attuned to every change in Rowan's sleeping habits in the past few days, even when he was half asleep himself. He supposed this was how parents slept with a newborn, listening for every cry, moan or motion that might be out of place.

Getting up, he wrapped his black silk robe around the nakedness. Cris grabbed his favorite pillow and headed down the stairs. He went straight to Rowan and gently took the remote out of his partner's hand. Plopping his pillow down on Rowan's lap, Cris laid on the sofa and rested his head on the pillow. He burrowed his face into Rowan's chest. "I had a terrible dream." He mumbled against Rowan. "It was awful. I need comforting and cuddling." Cris reached up and wrapped his arms around Rowan's waist and hugged him tight. "Want me to tell you about it?"

When Rowan agreed, Cris leaned up a bit. "Well I had this dream that Alfarinn fired me because...uhm, we did not get to that part. He decided to make Eiryk Security Chief instead. There was some talk about him being Norse and therefore he was better suited, or something. Anyway, Eiryk decided that the uniforms were 'so last year' so he made everyone dress in bedazzled circus leotards." Cris up at Rowan. "Remember that conversation when we first met?" He laid down again and nuzzled back up against Rowan.

"So then Aishe staged a mutany. I don't know if it was for me or because she really hated spandex but she assaulted The Towers with her raccoon army. They had the little bandoliers with tiny raccoon sized grenades. They were running amok through the buildings chasing tight wearing security people and blowing the place up." He heaved a huge dramatic sigh. "It was terrible."

Cris peeked up at Rowan to see what he made of that story and then gave him a big grin. "So, now I can't sleep and I just want to held. I hope you are willing because I am feeling very clingy."
Rowan Murphy 12 years ago
Sure enough it wasn't long before his partner joined him. It was peaceful in the dark, snuggled on the couch with Cris. He held out his arms and waited for Cris to settle down with him before encircling his lover in a tight embrace. He let his hands slide into the silk of the black bathrobe, gliding happily along warm skin, very softly so as to avoid hurting himself.

"A terrible dream, hmm?" Rowan smiled down at his pleasantly touchy-feely partner and rested his lips against Cris's head, kissing the soft blond hair and squeezing him close. "Yeah I think I can handle some cuddling. Just as long as you don't mind my getting fresh."

His hands splayed themselves carefully over Cris's side and chest, gently stroking. There was no chance he was going to snuggle on the couch with Cris and not get physical. Even with bandages on he was going to get as much contact as he could. He nodded at Cris, indicating he wanted to hear about this terrible dream.

It immediately invoked a low chuckle from deep in his chest as Cris started out with his firing... clearly it was a dream. And just the possibility of not having his job put that dream straight into 'nightmare' category, Rowan assumed. He could have stopped right there and Rowan would have been sympathetic.

It only got sillier from there. As Cris spoke, soft laughter continued to roll out from Rowan's chest, inescapable. He immediately decided he was going to have to make a few suggestions to Aishe regarding her raccoons but he kept all signs of conniving and scheming from his face lest Cris suspect he have something up his proverbial sleeve. Oh, the possibilities. Could one actually get a raccoon to wear a tiny bandolier? He'd have to ask.

"It sounds horrible," Rowan said comfortingly. "My poor love. I am sorry to say I'm a little insufficient in the holding department tonight but I will do my best, if you can tolerate my poor efforts."

He tipped his head down and leaned forward to meet Cris's grin with a soft kiss that quickly turned into something much more intimate. Rowan closed his eyes briefly, his heart giving a little squeeze. He wanted this so badly. More days like this. Endless days, years and years of them. He tightened his hold on Cris, despite the flare of pain in his hands as he did so.

Bittersweet words came to his lips but he bit them back. Cris was lightening Rowan's mood, trying so obviously to keep his spirits up, and Rowan wasn't going to throw a damper on that. He adored Cris all the more for his consideration, his care. He wanted to give the same in return, for he knew this was no walk in the park for Cris either.

"Have I mentioned I like when you're clingy?" He asked, his lips turning up mischievously. "Maybe I should start feeding you strange things before bed to inspire more of these awful dreams. Anchovy and pickle pizza. Garlic ice cream."

He considered. "Well now it just sounds like you're pregnant." He raised one eyebrow. "You'd tell me if you were, right?"
After that wonderful lingering kiss a slow smile spread across Cris's face. "I do not mind you getting fresh, especially if such personal attention is what I have to look forward to." He added another kiss, this one tender,less passionate, but there was the potential for something more when he paused to savor even that almost chaste contact with Rowan's lips. "Your efforts are always wonderful beyond my imagining, Love. I promise."

Cris arched both eyebrows up at Rowan when it was suggested that he might be pregnant. He nodded in answer to whether or not he would be forthcoming with such information. "Oh, I assure you, I would tell you and then demand you marry me for the sake of our child. We could have the shotgun wedding right here in The Towers getting the whole scandal right out into the open as quickly as possible." He smiled and stopped clutching his partner long enough to pat him on the comfortingly on the chest. "But do not worry. I take precautions." Like being male, being a vampire, and having sex with a male vampire if that did not spell certain sterility then he was not sure what would.

He scooted up a little more and laid his head on Rowan's chest. "You will not tell Eiryk about the dream, right? I would hate for him to get ideas." Or Aishe either for that matter but he suspected that she would bring bomb wielding raccoons into The Towers...maybe elsewhere but not The Towers. Of course he could not imagine Eiryk would really want to dress security in tights either and he would rather the Viking not take his sense of humor in the wrong light.

He snuggled up closer. "So what would you like to do? We could watch a movie? Or if you think your hands are up to it I can bring the laptops down." Kem had given him some gaming ideas. Cris tended to play stategy games but he wanted something they could enjoy together as a team. It needed to be immersive because the point was to take Rowan's mind off his problems. World of Warcraft, Everquest and something called Guild Wars were mentioned. Cris had been amused at the idea of being a vampire, which apparently was available to play in one of those games. Or being a werewolf which was the height of irony, a vampire playing a werewolf, and that was a possibility in another game. The one he settled on was one that Kem was currently playing and when he heard the name of it Cris thought it was too good to pass up. "There is a game I want us to try." Cris sat up, forgetting momentarily about being comforted. "Darth Bern shall Conquer the galaxy...with his handsom partner at his side, of course." He looked to Rowan to see if he was interested. "Star Wars. What do you think? Will you join me on the Dark Side?"

He leaned down and kissed Rowan on the chest and then looked up and gave him a sly smile. "Or we can go back upstairs and play propped up in bed. Should we find ourselves distracted for any reason... then we can simply set the computers aside."

((OOC: Lest anyone assume that he was mind reading and worried about Aishe and her raccoons. He's not at all. He has not even really thought about Rowan telling her. He is more interested in Rowan not telling Eiryk lest Eiryk take the dream out of context and think he was making fun of him or something. ))
Even under stressful circumstances laughter came easily to Rowan. He continued to do so while Cris described the details of their 'wedding' to him, imagining it as it was laid out before him, scandal, shock factor, and everything. It made him smile, but he shook his head anyway. "No, when I marry you it will be someplace special."

They'd never really discussed that particular topic but to Rowan, there was no place else he'd rather be, no one else he would ever want to be with. He didn't need a formal arrangement or a legal document and he doubted either of them was in any hurry, happy with their arrangement as they were, but still, the idea of really truly belonging to Cris was attractive. Cris had once told him he had an overwhelming urge to possess him, to call him his, and Rowan enjoyed that. Granted, it had been in the heat of passionate, almost violently intense, sex, but the words still came back to him on occasion and he savored them.

Rowan rested his cheek against Cris's head and closed his eyes.
"Mmm. No, I won't tell him if you don't want me to," he answered, regarding Eiryk. "Can't have him getting all excited about rhinestone-encrusted earpieces. That boy has more money than is good for him... he'd do it. Thank god Alexander has his full attention. Keeps him off the streets."

What did he want to do? Rowan smiled wider. Just like Cris to be so attentive, so caring. He thought he was insensitive, inadequate, but he was so endearingly blind to just how wrong he was about himself. Rowan listened to the soft tenor of his beloved partner without answering for a little bit, wondering if Cris would believe him if he told him he was marvelously content where he was, like this, in the stillness of their home in the dark.

It was a change for him. Normally if he needed a distraction he'd go out, find a party, find a crowd, lose himself in it. Flirt with everything on two legs. Drink a little, laugh a lot more, and probably wind up in bed somewhere with one, or a few, of them. How superficial that seemed now... he had everything right here, in his arms. He was full to the brim and he had Cris to thank for it.

He tightened his arms around Cris when his partner suggested they go back upstairs. That Cris wanted to play a computer game was a little surprising. Rowan knew he liked strategy games but he hadn't been aware of anything else. Still, the prospect of doing anything with Cris was appealing... Rowan liked video games but only insofar as he could play them with others. They were a social activity for him. He wouldn't be interested in doing such things alone but with Cris? It could be fun.

"Star Wars huh?" He laughed. "I wouldn't turn down the chance to hang out with the real... or unreal... Darth Bern. Although I thought I already had joined you on the dark side."

He nodded, though.
"If you want to play this game I'll give it a shot," he murmured softly. "In a bit, maybe."

Rowan wriggled down on the couch a little, his wandering hands tugging gently at the silk of Cris's bathrobe. Not insistently, though. He didn't want to make a nuisance of himself. Still, pleasuring each other hadn't exactly been at the fore of their thoughts since Rowan had had his little fire-bath. Healing had come first; answers had come next. And as attentive as Cris was, Rowan wanted him to know that he was all right. A little messed up, as he'd said before, but he was holding up so far. Rowan was a fighter, had always been, and while Cris knew the gentler side of him there were many edges and shadows his partner hadn't had the chance to see. Rowan wasn't about to take this like a crying damsel in distress. Yeah, he was down to heal a little bit, but he would be back up and swinging very soon with Cris's help. And in the meantime, he wasn't built for celibacy. He'd missed Cris's touch in the last couple of days. He wasn't going to break.
Cris was pleased with the talk of marriage...some day. Right now this serial character scared the hell out of him. The thought that he might lose Rowan was more than he could bare. He could not think anything else, however pleasant, until the danger was eliminated. Somewhere in the back of his mind a voice said that there would always be another threat around the corner but Rowan was a doctor; this situation was unusual. Once this horrible experience was all over they could plan for the future, together.

He smiled and nodded against Rowan's chest when his partner agreed not to tell Eiryk about the tights and Rowan's addition of rhinestone ear pieces. Cris suddenly wondered if Artemis could make them some working earpieces that looked like earrings. It was not his style, at least not his 'normal' style, but Rowan wore hoops and in disguise he had worn earrings before. Those might actually be useful. Cris decided he would tell Rowan about it later. Right now he was comfortable.

His suggestion was met with mild protest. "Of course you are with me here. We have a rumor to uphold after all. I meant join me on the Dark Side in the game. Evil Rowan..." Cris gave his companion a long thoughtful look. "I am not sure I can truly envision it but I would wager that it is incredibly sexy."

It would seem Rowan was not ready for computer distraction just yet. Cris smiled at the light tug on his robe and then pretended not to understand at all. "Oh? So, you wanted to watch a movie then? What would you like? I have decent selection. I know! We can have a Pirates of the Caribbean marathon!"

Sliding back down toward his partner's lap, Cris picked up his pillow and set it down on the floor next to them. He then looked up at Rowan before leaning down and rubbing his cheek along the soft, thin fabric of his lover's pants, hoping to find plenty of physical evidence to indicate that his companion wanted to find a more active entertainment.

"Did you have something else mind?"
Rowan tipped his head in acknowledgement when Cris mentioned his evil counterpart being sexy. "I do aim to please, evil or good," he said with a grin that revealed a wicked little flash of pointed canines. "If you do want to see the evil version, I can dig him up from somewhere," he offered, a more genuine smile on his lips. "I'm sure he's not too far off."

One of these days Cris was going to see the evil Rowan, in all seriousness, and when that day came Rowan could only hope it didn't disturb him. He didn't think it would; any vampire their age had many sides. Cris had gone through his own questionable days by his own admission. Rowan had grown a great deal since his turning, though, when he'd been confused, aimless, and he admitted, a little bitter... not at Henri but at the circumstances that had brought him to that point, a vampire with no recollection of his past but a tattoo and a brand to prove he'd been no good.

He brought his full attention back to the present and smiled at the slight blond who now personified everything that was love and home for him.
"If you want to get drunk, then sure, Pirates it is," he said with an impish grin. "I will bring you upstairs and make sure this time you remember every moment of it."

The mystery of what they had or hadn't done that first night together had never been solved, and was now just a distant recollection to laugh about when they were tucked into that same bed together. Rowan laughed softly at the memory; he could say with certainty that neither he nor Cris had suffered any further lapses of memory since then. Quite the opposite; some of those nights had burned themselves so neatly into his memory he dreamed of them still.

When Cris set his pillow aside and slid down into Rowan's lap Rowan closed his eyes and let out a soft sigh of content, almost a little moan. The cheek against his pajama pants coaxed a louder noise from him. He smiled again, making a conscious effort to raise his hands away from Cris's shoulders. He couldn't yet grip with them and if Cris continued to tease, Rowan might forget himself.

"I did have something else in mind," he said, looking down at Cris. "Just you, love. You're the only thing on my mind right now."

His hips lifted almost involuntarily, shifting restlessly. Just having Cris lying in his arms had been enough to arouse him... Cris moving against him was liable to make him burst. Two nights was too damn long, as far as Rowan was concerned. He could tease right back, though, and he did.

"Of course, I don't want to trouble you with my constant demands for attention, not after your horrible nightmare. Why don't you come here and I'll hold you and we can turn on the TV and spend a nice, chaste night together."

His eyes sparkled with mischief, daring. If Cris thought for a moment Rowan wouldn't make such a thing as difficult on him as possible... well... Cris knew him better than that. If his partner took him up on that offer Rowan was sure to make him regret it.

Inside, though, he wondered if Cris wanted him as badly as he wanted to be wanted. Stress did different things to them all. He knew, for all his teasing, Cris was worried. Rowan was grateful beyond words to have Cris there with him, but if such physical activity wasn't what he really wanted at the moment Rowan could wait. He reached down and lightly brushed his fingers over Cris's brow.

"If that's what you want, love, it's all right. If you'd rather get out the laptops and immerse yourself in a game, I don't mind. All playing aside, I'm just glad to have you here with me."

It was true, every word. Rowan didn't need such physical affection but he did want it. Needs and wants were such different things though; his desires could not always come first. For every kindness Cris did him Rowan wanted to do one back. Cris's needs and desires were more important to him than his own and he was sorry that he could not snap his fingers and make himself entirely safe, make this whole terrible situation go away. It was bound to be hell on his partner. He knew Cris had loved and lost before and although he didn't know the details, such things, regardless of circumstances, left their marks.

Rowan, however, didn't intend to go anywhere.
He wrapped his legs around Cris, trapping him tight, looking thoughtful for a moment.

"Okay. I could manage mostly chaste, if you wanted," he said. He wiggled his eyebrows at Cris. "Maybe almost mostly sort of chaste."
He laughed at the return offer for the movie marathon. Yes, this time he would most definitely like to remember what happened. "I assure you, Love, you are unforgettable...except for that one time.” They both remembered bits and pieces of the night and he had the footage from the time they left Eiryk's until they arrived at his door. It was after they got to his room that things had gotten hazy for them both. However, he remembered that he liked whatever they had done and he had liked Rowan. That attraction was enough, then. He wanted to know more. Maybe he was curious about what he had potentially missed, perhaps not remembering had been the very thing that had helped bring them truly together. He could ponder over it all night and still not have a clear answer. Whatever happened that night had been perfect. It brought them to now. He could not imagine going back to his life without Rowan in it. Nor did he want to.

Cris nodded at Rowan and favored him with a smile, climbing up in Rowan's lap so that he could be held. Of course, he was straddling Rowan's thighs and facing his partner and not the television. "Yes, hold me. I need to be held and comforted.” He readily agreed, grinning with satisfaction.

His lover stopped playing around for a moment and said that if he did not feel up to being intimate and wanted to simply spend time together then he was fine with that. Cris leaned over and kissed Rowan tenderly. "You are wonderful but I enjoy all my time with you.” He turned around some and curled up sideways in Rowan's lap, laying his head on Rowan's shoulder. "Being a soldier, you learn to take whatever pleasure you can whenever you can. There tended to be a very real possibility of death the next day.” Cris shrugged the shoulder not tucked up against his partner. "I want to spend every moment with you living the way we want to live. In times like these we have to.” He would have thought that it would have been his career that brought this kind of stress into their life, not Rowan's. He wished it were different but life threatening situations were always going to be a part of their relationship unless he retired and they moved to some rural place with nothing but sheep and each other for miles and miles. Right now that sounded very tempting.

"A chaste pirate...that does not even sound remotely right.” Cris slid off Rowan's lap and stood up. Turning around, he reached out and tugged gently on one of Rowan's arms, above the bandages. "Come back to bed. I promise there will not be sleeping involved.” He smiled. "At least not any time soon.”
Rowan brought his arms back down to wrap them around Cris's shoulders again. "There, there," he said as comfortingly as possible, grin still in place. It was tough to be completely sincere with Cris straddling him thus; his hips would not stay still no matter how he tried.

When his partner turned sideways Rowan gathered him close. He was a little surprised at the next words Cris spoke, although he realized the truth of them. He gently held a finger to Cris's lips when he finished speaking, hushing him quietly.

"I'm not going anywhere. I promise," he said, returning the tender kiss Cris had just bestowed upon him with a deeper, equally satisfying one. "I didn't come all this way through all these years just to find you and lose you. If some punk thinks he can mess with this he's in for a surprise."

He relinquished his hold on Cris so his partner could stand, following at the light tug on his arm. "It's not right at all," he agreed hopefully. The offer to go back to bed was met with a wider smile still. Rowan didn't have to be asked twice.

Back upstairs again, he hooked a finger into the elastic waist of his pajama pants and stepped out of them, leaving them in a little heap on the floor as he slid back into the cool sheets of their bed. His grey-green eyes followed Cris's every move now, and he relaxed back against his pillow with no hint of self-consciousness. He liked being naked with Cris, pressed against each other intimately.

"Have I mentioned how much I love you lately?" he asked, once more reaching out his arms invitingly. He had mentioned it, but it couldn't hurt to say again... and again. He focused his thoughts on that love, so that if and when Cris looked at him with empathy that would be what he saw. Love and desire... it was easy when it was Cris.

Perhaps he had lied before, just a little. He was going to be lost shortly, but in the best way possible. Oh yes, he had missed Cris's touch, the gentle and the fierce, the patient and the aggressive.

"This is the way I want to live with you always. I'll never let it go... or you." If Cris wasn't worth fighting for Rowan didn't know what would ever be.
Cris was reassured by Rowan's words, at least a little. He still believed they needed to find this madman as quickly as possible and kill him. Until then he would not rest easy again, no matter what they did to occupy their time. He was happy that his partner was not breaking under this strange, stressful, dangerous situation. He had not expected him to but it was further proof that behind Rowan's kind heart with a strong spine, literally and figuratively.

Once they were upstairs he turned away to pull off the robe and lay it over the back of the chair. When he turned back there was a naked Rowan laying in the bed. Cris chuckled softly about how quickly his lover had managed to comply with the 'back to bed' plan. His eyes roamed from Rowan to the pants on the floor and then back, a smile spreading across his face. He put a knee on the end of the bed and crawled up to where his partner was reclining comfortably.

Shaking his head, no, at Rowan's question, he then answered. "You have not told me how much you love me...in the last five minutes. I am overdue.” Cris pretended to pout as he finished his journey, settling himself once more on Rowan's lap, his knees on either side of his lover's hips.

Nodding to Rowan's words, Cris leaned down and kissed his lover with all the depth of passion he had for him and for the thought of living together always. Afterward he leaned back. "I could not agree more.

Cris reached down and pulled Rowan's arms up and settled both bandaged hands in his lap. "I know that your fingers are almost fully healed but the rest is not yet done.” He arched an eyebrow at Rowan. "I would rather you not hurt yourself in the heat of the moment.”

Looking down at the hands in his lap, he looked back up at Rowan. "So, let us play a game.” Cris glanced at one of the laptops settled on the armoire. He returned his gaze back to his lover and grinned mischievously. "A different kind of game.”

He slid off Rowan and rolled onto his back to lay beside his companion. Cris turned to Rowan. "Show just what you can do without your hands. No using them allowed. I believe you mentioned that you can manage just fine without them so let us see.” He reached out one of his own hands and glided it softly down his lover's side. "If you need me to move or you want something done then just tell me and I will make it so.”
Rowan enjoyed the brief sight of Cris disrobing; he always did. In the darkness of their bedroom though, it seemed so different than it could otherwise have been. Was it because it was Cris? There was something intimate about the way Cris let the black silk slide over his fair skin, unintentionally arousing. Perhaps, Rowan thought, it was simply because Cris laid himself bare before his partner in more ways than just the literal... Rowan saw sides of Cris that no one else did and he loved it, loved him.

Cris climbed onto the bed and Rowan let out a long sigh of mingled pleasure and anticipation as Cris's weight settled comfortably on his lap.
"I suppose I could just show you," he responded to Cris's 'complaint' that he was overdue, a smile upon his lips.

He didn't get to say much more, though, because Cris leaned down and took his breath away with a kiss that sent daggers of heat shooting throughout his body; good heat. The kind he wanted. Rowan returned that kiss with every ounce of fervor he felt, tasting his partner as if he'd never kissed him before. He could have kissed Cris all day and all night if not for the fact that he was near desperate to love him and be loved by him.

Rowan listened as Cris expressed his worry for Rowan's healing hands and came up with a game that had nothing to do with computers, not a difficult task when they were together. He was a little surprised to see Cris relinquishing control; a part of him wanted very badly to be taken. It was only a part, though, and there was an equally insistent part that wanted to do the taking. If he were feeling particularly introspective he might have thought that that was what made them so compatible, their willingness to be equals with each other, but he wasn't feeling introspective at all. Rowan just felt Cris, if that could be a mood.

Rowan rolled onto his side when Cris lay next to him, turned toward him.
"No hands, hmm?" He slid closer, laying his head on Cris's shoulder and looping one strong arm around his partner's narrow waist. His hand rested on the sheets opposite, obeying the rules. Cris hadn't said no arms. Just no hands.

Tipping his head back a little bit Rowan kissed Cris again, his warm mouth against Cris's neck, his tongue gently caressing as he sucked lightly. He pressed his entire body up to Cris's, delighting in the way it felt to be so perfectly close. A long time ago he feared he'd be bored sleeping with the same person day after day but it just wasn't the case with Cris. Rowan had never felt happier at the prospect of coming home to this man, waking up next to him, feeling his hands and mouth as they loved each other.

"I can handle this game. Figuratively speaking," he said after making a thorough investigation of Cris's neck. An idea came to him, and he thought perhaps it might not be what Cris had in mind, but there hadn't been a 'no surprises' rule.

"Sit up," he requested softly. "At the edge of the bed." He indicated where he wanted Cris to sit, letting go so he could get there without having to drag Rowan along.

"We'll get back to the lying down in a few moments," he said with a grin. "I promise you that."
"Correct.” Cris murmured and closed his eyes for a moment, enjoying the feel of Rowan laying against him, warm and alive. That was the way he was determined to keep him.

His troubled thoughts were interrupted before they could move further into worry by the blissful feel of Rowan sucking gently on his neck, kissing and teasing until he wanted to think of nothing else but having more of Rowan. "I suspect you can....” Cris replied when Rowan claimed he could 'handle' the rules of the game.

He had said that Rowan could not use his hands. Cris never said that the same restriction applied to him. He let his fingers roam over every inch of skin within his reach, tracing teasingly soft lines along Rowan's sides, soothing strokes down his back, even leaning forward a bit so that his hands could reach down and squeeze his lover's ass. Cris hummed a satisfied sound and leaned back again waiting to see what Rowan wanted to do.

His reasoning went deeper than worrying about his lover hurting his hands but the other part did not need to be expressed to Rowan. It would, in fact, be counter productive if he did explain his thought process.

Over the past few days, people have been in and out, helping to feed Rowan, to tell them the latest findings, check up on his lover. With his hands so badly burned and so heavily bandaged Rowan had been forced to rely on him to do a lot of ordinary tasks. No one likes to feel helpless. Cris was sure that his partner felt he was burdening everyone with his troubles. While he suspected having breakfast in bed and your own personal, combat trained nurse was nice, Cris also believed that Rowan was such an active and giving person that by now he was feeling restless and selfish. The last adjective was entirely incorrect but truth mattered very little where emotion was concerned. So, he wanted to let Rowan take charge of their activity now, not just because of his hands but so he could feel like an equal partner who was giving and not just receiving and being cared for.

Cris scooted to the end of the bed where Rowan and indicated, noting that he was now facing the mirror that hung on the door of the walk in closet. He arched an eyebrow at his companion and quirked a half smile. "Take your time.” They could get back to lying down whenever; he had a feeling he was going to very much enjoy whatever Rowan had in mind for this position.

Reaching out, he cupped Rowan's face between his hands and regarded him solemnly. "Just know that I fully intend to wear you completely out tonight. There will be sleeping, even if I have to utterly exhaust us both so that it happens.” Cris smiled. "In the most pleasant ways I can find, of course.”
Rowan smiled as Cris repositioned himself in front of the mirror where Rowan had indicated. Cris's pseudo-threat made him laugh softly and he turned his head to press a kiss to Cris's palm.

"Oh no, how horrible," he said without any sign of shock of horror whatsoever. He moved so that he was back on the bed and knelt behind Cris. He spread his legs apart so that he could press up close against his partner, chest to back, his legs on either side of Cris's.

Rowan had a purpose to this. He didn't think the purpose would be obvious, and he didn't mean it to be. He had had a lot of time to think between bouts of sleep, and for the first time in his life he knew there was someone who relied on him. Maybe Cris wasn't needy; he was a capable man, a very independent worker, but Rowan knew enough of his past and enough of the man he'd been when they'd met to put a few pieces together.

The death of his previous lover had impacted him greatly. While Rowan was an optimistic sort he still had to think realistically. He thought they would get through this, whatever was happening, intact. But Cris mattered to him and Rowan had to face the reality that someone powerful enough to kill a vampire was coming after him.

He was going to do his utmost to make sure they didn't succeed. So was Cris. And all of their friends. Rowan thought they had good odds. In case they didn't though, just in case, Rowan would be gone and Cris would be alone again. The thought of doing that to Cris tormented him. He had the power to injure Cris in spite of it being the last thing on Earth he ever wanted.

He wrapped his arms around Cris's waist, careful not to touch with his hands, holding his partner against him. He leaned down to Cris's neck and bit him gently, not breaking the skin, just nibbling, sucking, and teasing his way toward Cris's sensitive ear. There, he ran the edge of one fang slowly along the delicate outer shell, spiraling ever so slightly inwards, just barely brushing the skin with the tip of his tongue. It was a light caress meant to evoke a shiver.

Without pulling away Rowan smiled. He turned his head up so he could see Cris in the mirror. Tightening his arms he took a moment to enjoy the snapshot of the two of them reflected back into the bedroom. Then, speaking to the Cris-reflection with his lips still touching Cris's ear, he whispered,
"Now touch yourself for me please. Very slowly. And relax."

He placed gentle kisses along Cris's neck once more, lingering at the nape where he seemed to be sensitive.
"I want to touch you myself but I can't, so you will have to fill in for me. Soon I'll be back, and I'll be holding you again. For now this is the best I can do."

It was true; by Cris's rules and also because his hands were still hurt Rowan couldn't do what he'd asked Cris to. The deeper purpose was buried below the obvious. There might come a day when Cris was alone again. If that day came Rowan wanted him to be able to look into this mirror and remember this moment, to see them together and remember love and joy. If things went their way that wouldn't be necessary. Rowan would be here and they could put this mirror to use again and again; it was a beautiful sight with them reflected together.

For now he continued his exploration of Cris's neck and ears, using his legs to lift him a little so he could gently caress Cris's jaw, brush his lips over his temples. He continued to speak between kisses, softly, in German. He whispered words of love, everything that came to mind when he thought about his partner, happy things, funny things.

"Do you know, the day you came across Pakpao and I in the bookstore I still remember your hands on my head. How nice they felt. That night at Eiryk's, the whole suit discussion... I don't think I've ever been so unsure. You were the most beautiful person I've ever seen but you had me guessing. I had no idea if I should flirt with you, ignore you, or what. You're a wonderfully infuriating man, Cris, and I love every inch of you.

"Waking up next to you is like realizing my dreams again and again. I had no idea that once you invited me in here, I wouldn't want to leave. And I'm so happy you never wanted me to either."

He paused for a moment, watching the two of them again before smiling.
"Do you remember taking me in the shower the first time? I still shiver thinking about you. So strong, so fierce, so perfect. How about the look on Eiryk's face when he realized we were together? I don't know about you but I loved it."

He continued in that vein, altering caresses with little memories, always the best ones, although every memory with Cris was a good one. They had many of them... Rowan was never at a loss for one. In the short time they'd been together Cris had filled Rowan's journals with so many occasions of happiness. Rowan never regretted a second of his time with Cris and he never would, regardless of what came of it. It just wasn't his style.
Cris watched in the mirror as Rowan settled himself down once more and scooted up close behind him. He smiled to his lover's reflection, lifting his arms as Rowan's wound their way over his chest and pulled him close. Cris noted with some amusement and a small bit of satisfaction that his partner was playing by the rules and being very careful to not use his hands for this cuddle session. Cris found, pulled this close that it was hard to feel very cheated out of being touched. Rowan was still holding him, still pressed tightly against him and... He sighed softly as his lover began to nibble gently on his neck. Rowan did not fail to target the back of it where Cris was most sensitive and then progressed downward to the curve where neck met shoulder. It was nearly almost as good as the other and made more wonderful by the anticpation of each delicate kiss that produced another tremor through his body. Cris was already shivering and turning his head to the side, begging silently for more.

His eyes had drifted nearly closed in the pleasure of the moment; they snapped back open at the request Rowan made in a voice that sounded like sex wrapped in satin sheets. Cris chuckled once softly in surprised amusement. He had made the rules and Rowan had found a creative way to work with them. Cris nodded and released Rowan's arm. Watching his lover's reflection in the mirror; he reached down and began stroking himself. The movement was torturously slow, as requested, with the occasional little squeeze here and there, a brush of his thumb over the top. His gaze never left his partner's. What turned him on was how Rowan reacted to what he was doing; though Cris was admit there was something thrilling about exposing himself in this way, revealing this most intimate and normally private experience to his partner.

Listening to Rowan talk made him smile. He wondered what brought on the trip down memory lane. "Ignore me? What kind of plan was that?” Cris protested but mildly since things had worked themselves quite nicely in the end. It seemed to him that Rowan had been attractive to him from the start, his bright cheerful open aura, his gorgeous smile, sexy body... Was he noticing all that in the cafe? Was it when he bent down to play a part in Rowan's joke and wanted to linger there with his hands in silken strands of red hair? Certainly by then but he had not truly acknowledged it to himself on a conscious level. He remembered being quite pleased by Rowan's comment on his normal business attire and the look he had been given. Then the drunkeness happened. From there things moved rather quickly.

He sighed softly, turned on by Rowan's words more than his hand. Cris leaned back and rubbed his cheek against his partner's neck in a small caress. "I never knew how much I would enjoy that either but as much a sanctuary of peace as this place was before, it is so much more now with you in it. The loneliness is gone and every room seems alive with memories. And when you are here with me then it is home in a way that it has never been before. I have you to come back to and you to share it with.” He stopped speaking as the words caught in his throat, bringing up those feelings, even the happy ones, brought with them the fear of losing Rowan. A very very real fear at the moment.

Cris turned away from the mirror, moving around to straddle his partner. He wrapped his arms tightly around Rowan and clung to him desperately. Laying his head on Rowan's shoulder, he sighed and tried to say what he was feeling, express his overwhelming need for Rowan to be alive, safe and part of his life. [I cannot lose you.] Cris clenched his jaw and spoke instead. "I will not.”
Rowan listened as Cris spoke. He continued to gently kiss his ears, his neck, holding tight to him with strong arms. When Cris turned, however, he abandoned the game entirely. The hitch in his partner's voice, the way in which he held onto Rowan so desperately, made Rowan's chest tighten with sympathy.

"Cris," he said softly, holding his love as closely as he could. "Cris, I'm not going anywhere. It's all right."

He ignored his hands, the remaining pain fleeting and insignificant in light of Cris's distress. Rowan gently stroked Cris's back, ran his fingers gently through his soft blond hair.
"I'm not going anywhere, my heart."

He had once told Cris, honestly, that he couldn't make any promises about where their relationship would go. Rowan had a decent sense of when truth was required. Tonight though, he didn't want truth. He didn't want to tell Cris he might die, that Cris had to be strong, that he'd be all right without him. Truth was, he wasn't sure Cris would be all right without him. Cris had loved and lost and it had hit him hard. Losing again after waiting so long and being so hesitant to risk himself again could break him, and Rowan did not want to leave behind a broken man.

"No one's going to take me without a fight, Cris. No one's going to take me at all. I thought I liked my life but with you, I love my life. I love you. And I'll fight for you."

He kissed Cris softly on the lips, savoring his touch and his taste.
"I'm not leaving you. Not ever. You'll see. This will be over and done with, and you and I will have forever."

Rowan smiled, his hands still brushing carefully, comfortingly, over Cris's back.
"I want to take you on that vacation, still. You said you'd come with me out on the boat for a few weeks, remember? When this is over let's go."

It was so tempting to just up and leave now, to flee the city and whoever was trying to come after him, but Rowan couldn't do that. This person might kill more children, more innocents, if he left. He had faith in Cris, in himself, in Evenhet. This killer had crossed the wrong Clan. They were going to bring him down hard.

He continued to bring images of the future up for Cris. Memories had obviously evoked anxiety, fear of loss. Perhaps he could bolster his partner with thoughts of the future.

"You said you'd come to Ireland with me too," he pointed out, "and I want to go to Switzerland with you. I want to see where you were born. There's far too much for us to do in this world yet. No one's going to take it from us."

With that, Rowan lay back on the bed, taking Cris with him. He gathered his partner close and continued to kiss him gently. He'd never felt so loved, or so cherished. He wanted Cris to feel the same... Rowan would, indeed, fight for Cris. As hard as he could, as long as he had to. He wanted forever.
Cris listened to Rowan's soothing voice for a bit before responding, eventually he nodded against his lover's shoulder. The words were nice to hear even though he knew that Rowan could not promise him that he would truly be safe. It did give him encouragement to hear the strength behind his partner's voice and the commitment that Rowan seemed to feel about surviving because he had found someone he wanted to spend his eternity with. Cris felt very lucky and loved to be that person.

He had never dated or even been attracted to someone who played the victim. Cris was not the knight to charge in on a white horse and save the damsel in distress. He was the mercenary who would have handed the damsel a sword and helped her fight her way out of the tower she had been locked in. Rowan was no exception to his tastes; he knew his partner was a brave, tough man underneath all the caregiving and good spirits.

In his very long lifetime, Cris had lost more than one lover to violent death. In several cases he had been in some way responsible for them. As a human, his closest lover had been a fellow mercenary and under his command. They both felt that Cris could not afford to treat Aidan any differently than the other men. In some ways he was often harder on Aidan. Because of this very obvious effort to be fair and the trust and respect that they had both earned separately within their company the men did not begrudge them their relationship. Of course, he and Aidan also kept it fairly private, not hidden because such things were very difficult to hide in among tents in a moving army, but not blatant either. Cris could not afford to keep Aidan safe no matter how much he wanted to. His lover had died at the forefront of battle, bravely facing a fearsome opponent. Many times after that battle he had wished he had sent Aidan somewhere else and yet he knew that he could not have. The choice ate at him for many years. Aidan's death had left him with weariness that he could not seem to shake. Not long afterward Grisha came to him and made his strange offer.

He had lovers since Aidan but none meant as much as one of his fellow Evenhet. He had met her before he became head of security. Genevieve was also a part of the team. They had worked together quite often. It had been most difficult to tell her what to do. He could not keep his distance but he tried. Genevieve second guessed his decisions on a constant basis; she sensed his inability to remain emotionally unattached and every time she disagreed with his choice then she would say that he was trying to keep her safe, hold her back, protect her more than the others. Perhaps it was even true. It is possible that she would have been rash and gone into the dangerous situation even if he had not expressly demanded that she go no where near it. The truth is that they had fought about it in private. She stormed out and that was the last time he saw her.

Rowan kissed him, still telling him how he had plans for them in the future. Cris closed his eyes, took a deep breath and gave his lover a weak smile. "My Love, we can go any where you want. The slums of Nachton will seem like a vacation to me so long as this is all over and you are alive and safe.” He tilted his head and smiled a little more. "However, sailing with you sounds much more appealing.”

Settling down beside Rowan, Cris tucked himself up against his lover's body. He raised his head up slightly and looked down at Rowan. "I am sorry. This was not what I originally had in mind when we came up the stairs.” Falling to pieces was the last thing he wanted to do right now. He needed to be calm and strong for Rowan; he could break down afterward. Laying his head back down, Cris closed his eyes and listened to his partner's slow steady heart beat, letting its solid orderly rhythm reassure him.

"Shall we try again?"
Rowan found peace in holding his partner, and comforting him. He knew Cris was strong. He knew he himself was strong. Even the strongest person, though, needed support. Cris gave him all the support he needed and it was Rowan's job, and his pleasure, to try to do the same for Cris. He thought about the rumors that surrounded his lover, the stories of his epic calm, his seeming lack of emotion, and wondered how people could be so shallow as to really think that was the case. Cris knew how to keep cool under fire but beneath the cool exterior was a person so passionate, who cared so much, that he must have had to learn to distance himself in some way or continue to be emotionally crushed in his line of work.

Talking seemed to help; plans for the future gave them both a sense of perpetuity. Rowan meant every word he said, particularly when he promised Cris he was going to fight this tooth and nail. He continued to stroke his hands over Cris's back, holding tightly to him. He didn't know where Cris's thoughts had taken him but when Cris spoke again at last, it was with a deep fortifying breath and a wan little smile that made Rowan clutch him tighter.

"Sailing it is, then," he promised happily. "I have a place I want to take you that I think you'll love."

He shook his head against the comforter when Cris apologized, hushing him gently.
"Cris, it's all right," he murmured. He turned his head so he could kiss his partner softly. "We're going to get through this. Together."

He felt the weight of Cris's head, comfortable against his shoulder, and reached up to continued brushing his fingers through the short blond hair, massaging the back of Cris's neck.

"If you like," he said when Cris offered to return to their previous activity. He tilted his head and rubbed his cheek against Cris's hair. "No rules. No games this time. Just love me."

His touches, gentle and comforting, became something more as his fingertips drifted over Cris's back but lower, carefully swirling over his hips, his sides, the lean curve of his backside. If they were going to make love, Rowan wanted Cris to be fully here with him, not just taking part for his sake. So he stroked and caressed, trying to awaken once more in his partner that which had brought them up here to begin with.

"I do love you," he reiterated, his voice as quiet as it could be for Cris to still hear him clearly. "More than I can describe."

Cris had told him before that there would never be anyone else for him. Rowan felt the same, and felt it so strongly that words failed him most times. He had never imagined there could be anyone on this Earth who suited him so perfectly. In such a short time Cris had become partner, lover, and best friend. Rowan wanted him to know that, so he tried to show it in each kiss, each touch, as he carefully tried to banish Cris's fears even just temporarily and bring him to a different place where they could lose themselves in each other for a while.
"We will.” Cris agreed, his quiet voice had an edge that hinted at the determination he possessed to make that statement a true one. He resisted the urge to apologize again. Cris felt that he should not have broke down and displayed any doubt in front of Rowan. Not this time, not when Rowan was the focus of this madman's twisted hunting game. He needed to be calm and strong for his partner; he needed to be someone Rowan could believe in, trust and lean on while this was happening.

He nodded slightly as Rowan decided to do away with the rules. Those were fine for a lighter mood but that time had passed. Cris felt responsible for that too and frowned with a momentary pang of guilt for dragging down what was supposed to be a happy relaxing moment. Deciding that he would make it up to Rowan, he focused on that goal instead.

His lover's hands began to remind him just where they had been a few minutes ago. Cris breathed in the scent of Rowan's skin, warm, clean and familiar. Closing his eyes, he banished any further doubt forcefully from his mind and simply enjoyed the feeling of his partner's light touches and gentle kiss.

Sitting up, Cris smiled. "No rules then.” He glanced over at the mirror that Rowan had brought them over to and then back at Rowan. "but I think I like where we are.”

He gently eased Rowan back up to a sitting position and then slid off the bed. He knelt on the floor in front of his partner's legs. Placing his hands on the inside of Rowan's knees, he slowly pushed them apart, looking up at his lover, while he gently caressed the inside of each thigh.

Cris smiled and tore his gaze away from Rowan's with reluctance. He bent down and retraced the path that his hands had made with slow, teasing swirls of his tongue and soft brushes of his lips. [I love you too, Rue] Cris smiled against the leg that he was showering with attention. [with all my heart...and the rest of me as well.]

As he moved ever inward, his hands still resting lightly on Rowan's knees, parts of him began expressing a growing insistent urge to show Rowan a more physical demonstration of that love.
"Yes," Rowan agreed simply. There was no other response; there couldn't be. He wasn't going to torment Cris with reality, not when his partner was already tormented enough. Cris knew what the situation was. Cris knew what they stood to lose. Speaking further of it would do neither of them any good.

Losing themselves, even fleetingly, was the best way to take some time for themselves right now, and Rowan applied himself to that goal. Cris seemed to respond to his touches; Rowan looked down and saw Cris with his eyes closed, imagined he saw some of the tension begin to clear from Cris's handsome face whether through his efforts of Cris's own. Whatever the cause, Rowan wanted to keep it going, and Cris obviously agreed.

"Oh, I like where we are too," Rowan said as he sat up at Cris's urging. He made it clear that he meant he liked his current view, just Cris.

Rowan let out a long sigh of mingled relief and anticipation as Cris knelt. He responded to the slender hands on his thighs by spreading his legs as directed. He met Cris's gaze when his partner looked up at him, smiled into those blue, blue eyes, and reached out one bandaged hand to trace his fingertips over Cris's lower lip briefly before his partner bent to press those lips to the inside of Rowan's thigh.

He let out a long hum of pleasure as Cris teased his legs and then his breath hitched back in when he heard Cris's beloved voice in his head returning his sentiments. Rowan squeezed his eyes tightly closed for a moment. It wouldn't serve to get emotional now. He just wanted to pretend that this would never end, that nothing threatened the serenity of their inner sanctum here at home.

[That's good,
a ghra,] Rowan sent back, a smile teasing at his mouth. [I'd hate to think I was only good for one thing.]

He reached down and brushed his fingers through Cris's hair, trailing the tip of one finger down his neck behind his ear. He took in the sight of the two of them in the mirror and then returned to watching the real Cris.

"I do want to hold you," he murmured softly. Not now... Cris was heading inward with an intent that Rowan would never dissuade him from but eventually, he wanted to hold his lover in his arms in a tight embrace not too long from now.
[I think you are good for many things.] Cris paused and looked up at Rowan. [You are good for me.] No matter what else Rowan did, his life was better for having Rowan in it. His partner did a lot of good for other people and he certainly had plenty of 'good' uses, since that was the implication of their discussion, but Cris thought just being with Rowan was good for him. He had not been this stress free (prior to psychotic serial killer stalking his boyfriend) and happy in a very long time.

He moved inward along Rowan's other thigh, listening to his companion as he stated that he wanted to be able to hold him. Cris gently brushed his lips over the tip of his lover's erection, smiling as it jerked upward at his touch. He captured it in his mouth to hold it still, brushing his tongue slowly over it, along the underside of the ridge, then back up over the tip.

Inwardly he was considering where to go from here. He had thought that he would position them both so that they could enjoy the mirror. The position he had in mind would also keep Rowan's hands fairly safe but when his partner spoke of wanting to hold him Cris felt it important to acknowledge that request. Truthfully he would love to feel Rowan's arms around him.

Deciding on a new course of action, he slid further down onto Rowan's cock, taking in as much of it as he comfortably could. Still holding onto his lover's knees, Cris moved himself up and down on his partner's erection, enjoying it enthusiastically for a few moments before pulling away. He looked up at his partner and smiled. "I should just stay here until you climax and then work you up again but I will admit to being somewhat impatient to be inside you." Cris sighed and slumped his shoulders. "I suppose I will just have to exhaust myself in the effort to exhaust you into sound slumber."

Cris stood up and went over to the nightstand, coming back with a bottle of lube. He reflected for a moment that it was much larger that the small one that had been in there when he and Rowan first met.

Settling himself down on the end of the bed next to Rowan, he said. "So you asked me to stroke myself, as I recall.” He flipped the cap open and squirted a few drops into his palm. "I can do that so long as you come join me before I finish.”

If Rowan were sitting in his lap then Cris would have the responsibility of supporting his lover's weight and helping him move. Since his hands were not injured then he felt that was for the best. Settled on top of him, Rowan could hold him, play with his hair, rest his hands on his shoulders or all of the above without worrying about helping him stay upright.

Cris was now seated at the end of the bed, instead of on the side facing the mirror, with Rowan seated on top of him, they both could look sideways and see themselves in the mirror. It was not the best solution and not what he originally had in mind, but they could play with that bedroom feature again some other time. Cris was far more interested in making sure Rowan felt as happy and loved as he could possibly make him.

Reaching down, he began to coat himself in long slow strokes. "You know normally I would do this while fantasizing about you but since you are here...” Cris smiled. "I think you should tell me a fantasy that you have had lately.”

They did not get to spend as much time together as they would like. Sometimes they did not even sleep in the same bed at the same time, other times they both came home exhausted or had very little time to do much else but shower and fall onto the mattress together, snatching a few hours of sleep. He found that, despite living with Rowan, he still had a lot of time by himself; occasionally he found himself daydreaming of what he wanted to do with his partner whenever they had some time together.
[I'm happy with that,] Rowan answered Cris. It was truth; if he was good for Cris he was satisfied. [No one matters more to me than you.]

He exhaled slowly as Cris's mouth found his erection; at the touch of that teasing, wicked tongue Rowan felt his toes curl up in delight. He arched his back, his hands lightly touching Cris's head, forcing himself not to grip anything. Cris drew him in and Rowan moaned softly at the feel of that warm wetness, shivering, spreading his legs further with his feet braced on the end of the bed toward the floor. A low hum of pleasure escaped his lips and he looked down to meet Cris's eyes.

He laughed softly at his partner's words.
"I appreciate all of your efforts," he said. "We can exhaust each other into sleep. How does that sound? I'm every bit as impatient to feel you inside me."

That was what he wanted... to feel Cris as closely as possible. He craved that intimate contact, the perfection of their joining together. He needed to feel Cris straining inside him, wanted to feel every muscle quiver as his partner rode him to release.

As Cris went and got the lubricating gel Rowan watched his lover's smooth walk, taking him in as he made the short trip and returned. He nodded agreeably when Cris reminded him of his previous request and his eyes dropped to the sight of Cris's slender hand wrapped around his own shaft. It was an erotic, intimate sight. Rowan wouldn't have called himself much of a voyeur but he could watch Cris all day. He was beautiful.

Rowan smiled softly at the confession that Cris fantasized about him when he pleasured himself; Rowan did the same with Cris. Although there was very little need to find his own release these days there were still times when their schedules simply didn't mesh well and those were when Rowan found himself doing just this; sitting alone thinking of Cris.

Rowan knelt next to Cris so that he could see them both in the mirror and lean forward to wrap his arms around Cris's shoulders and play with his neck and lips. He kissed him gently, his tongue gliding in long lines as he considered a fantasy.

"Maybe it's an odd one," he said, thinking about current events, "but I have this dream of you hunting me."

He bit Cris gently, bringing one hand up to let his fingertips toy with Cris's nipple, tugging and teasing.
"You've told me a little about how you hunt and I want to experience it."

Rowan knew from Cris that sometimes it brought out a more feral side of his nature and he wanted to know it. He wanted to feel Cris hunting him, feel the heat of his gaze, the raw power of his partner in food mode. He smiled against Cris's ear, murmuring into it.

"I want to feel you from across the room. I want to know your eyes are on me and there's no escape. I want to feel what everyone you've ever been with has felt, to know how it feels to be trapped in your arms, overwhelmed with sensation."

He had no shame, telling Cris this little desire. They both had scenarios they wanted to play out; this was one he'd sort of dreamed about ever since learning of Cris's hunting habits.
"I want to feel you pressing me against a wall, the roughness of it against my back. Your bite, perfect and pleasant, while you take me every other way. I want your utter possession, before I even see it coming."

There was the trick of it; since meeting Cris Rowan had scarcely given any thought to sex with anyone but his partner. The only exceptions had been those they agreed to invite in, like Ume. So this fantasy might be a tough one to fulfill; with Cris in disguise Rowan would have very little interest in going anywhere alone with him unless he knew it was Cris and that would ruin the fantasy.

Cris was clever though; they could re-enact it somehow he was sure.