The Room Was Okay, I Guess (private)

((ooc: follows Trick or Treat))

Rowan and Cris rode the elevator up in relative silence with the few other people who were in it as well. Slowly the others left at their respective floors until it was only the two of them, riding up to one of the larger suites at the top of the building. Rowan hadn't gone half-way on this room. If he and Cris were going to spend the night away from home they were going to spend it luxuriously; in Rowan's opinion home was best but he'd thought a little getaway tonight would be great.

They left the elevator near one of the upper floors. There was a hallway, but there were only two doors. The suites here were large. Rowan slid his own key card from his pocket and turned to the door toward the front of the hotel, the one to the suite that faced out toward Nachton. He opened it and held it for Cris, making sure he closed it securely behind him.

Inside, the room was decorated in a simple elegant style. Rowan hated the way most hotels managed to find the most sickening shades and obnoxious wallpapers to decorate with. Nothing says 'home' like orange paisley and bile yellow, right? Not so at the Piazza. This room in particular was done in soothing tones, predominantly a deep blue mixed with hues of green and purple, accented with cream and gold. It wasn't over the top, and it didn't blow your eyes out with a riot of color.

They walked into a spacious living-dining area with a small kitchen and bar in it. Their bags were sitting right there at the entrance, having been brought up much earlier. Rowan had packed two even though it was a short stay; they were small bags. One of them held clothing for the both of them, the other all of their relevant toiletries. He might have tossed a few toys in as well. Next to their bags there was a suit bag, so their formal clothing wouldn't get wrinkled. Rowan might be slightly disorganized at home but he knew how to store his tux... and wouldn't be caught dead in one wrinkled.

The living room was open currently, since it was dark out. The windows were covered during the day with shades that could be controlled with a button to cover all or part of the windows. They retracted into the wall, but Rowan had seen them come down and knew they were made for their kind. Not a speck of light could get through.

Continuing through the living area there was an office area for those who came here on business, done in the same medium-dark wood as the hardwood floors. Through there was a set of double doors, which was where Rowan headed after picking up their bags in one hand. Inside was a huge master suite. It was decorated in the same color scheme as the front. What Rowan loved about it was the front-facing balcony, accessed through a set of double doors.

Outside the balcony had a permanent roof and the same sort of retractable windows. They were currently closed to ward against the chill of the night air. There was a hot tub at one end and, best of all, a small freshwater pool. The water was warm and the pool looked inviting. It overlooked the city; they were so high up, though, that you couldn't see much when you were actually in it. Just the skyline in the distance. That was perfect.

The bathroom was at the end of the suite, but even though it was roomy and just as luxurious as the rest of it, it was the pool that took most of the attention away.

Rowan dropped their bags on the bed and stretched, twisting this way and that, cracking his back as he did. Turning to Cris he smiled.
"Care for a swim?"

It would be a nice way to relax; at least Rowan thought so. He swam like a fish and loved the water. Cris might have other ideas, though. Rowan was open to suggestions... as long as they were spending time together. He had to remind himself to ditch the little twinges of insecurity he felt. Cris was here, with him, and wanted to be here with him. That was important. Rowan wasn't losing him anytime soon.

Somehow, though, once the worry had set in it wanted to stay. Rowan wasn't used to worrying. He was usually completely confident in his ability to hold someone's attention. The trouble was, he realized, he'd never met anyone whose attention he cared to hold for a long time, until meeting Cris.

Shaking his head and sighing at himself he undid the buttons of his coat. If nothing else, he wanted to change into something far more comfortable. Maybe he could just wear Cris for a few hours. The idea made his smile soften a bit as he considered it.

Christian Bern 12 years ago
Cris wondered if it Rowan found it difficult to behave in the elevator as well. There was just something about the tiny enclosed boxes that begged for a stolen moment of impropriety. Of course, he had walked into a number of those in the Towers and knew that the elevator stopping to let someone new on at the wrong moment was a very real possibility.

When they entered the room, he stopped, scanning the rooms quickly and almost unconsciously for signs of another inhabitant or any other potential lurking danger. It appeared safe and empty of life, save a few lovely, well cared for plants. A little sigh of relief escaped him and he closed his eyes briefly before opening them once more to look around the suite with a more appreciative eye. The benefit had been less of a nightmare than he feared; it had actually been kind of fun. However, it was nice to be away from people and to have some time to spend with just Rowan.

He smiled to find that a larger bag had been packed for them along with an extra. Cris raised his eyebrows and looked over at Rowan and then returned his gaze to the smaller bag. He was curious to see just what his lover felt they needed for this little getaway.

Following Rowan into the bedroom, Cris carefully removed his jacket and laid it out on the bed and then pulled on the scarf until he loosened the knot. Unbuttoning the vest as he walked, he came to stand in front of his partner. Cris slid his hands inside Rowan's jacket; he then ran them slowly up his lover's chest, smiling up at Rowan as he did so.

"And did you happen to bring something to swim in?" Cris smiled not caring at all whether the answer was yes or no. He reached up and began unfastening his companion's tie. "Or will we be giving any nearby helicopters a special show?" Their hotel did cater to the wealthy and such people were more likely to have things like private jets and company helicopters. The idea was not totally absurd; it was just a little more cautiously paranoid than he cared to be.

Cris finished with Rowan's tie and began working on his lover's vest. "If you keep letting me undress you then we might not make it as far as the pool." He smiled crookedly up at Rowan and kept undoing buttons.
Rowan Murphy 12 years ago
There was something absolutely sinfully sexy about seeing Cris coming toward him, Rowan thought, undressing himself as he approached with that smile on his face. He covered Cris's hands with his own briefly, and when they busied themselves with Rowan's tie Rowan moved his own away so as not to impede progress. When Cris had moved down a few buttons Rowan reached out and gently caressed his partner's face, brushing his fingertips over the angle of his cheek before slowly beginning to help Cris with the same task.

"As it happens, no, I didn't," Rowan said, his mouth melting into a wicked little grin. "I brought something for you, in case you were feeling shy, though."

His eyes clearly said that anything Cris decided to put on would likely be coming off again before too long. Rowan, however, had plenty of confidence in his own looks. If anyone chanced to see him diving naked into the little pool well, hopefully they'd enjoy the view while they had it. It was unlikely to happen.

The wicked grin did not get any more angelic as Cris continued to speak. Rowan sighed with pleasure at his words; if Cris wanted him now, Rowan was hardly going to stop him. As far as he was concerned he was Cris's to play with tonight, and he intended to make himself as appealing as possible. He still felt that uncomfortable worry inside, minor as it was, that little itch of insecurity that reminded him that Cris was so incredibly perfect, how could he not be fighting off scores of admirers?

It was an entirely unfamiliar feeling to Rowan. And yet, it felt so special to actually be able to worry... to have someone who he loved enough to truly care about keeping close. So he was all right with the worry. It was healthy. He still felt it though and to combat it he simply wanted to hold Christian close.

"The pool will be there an hour from now," he said, "and I will admit to liking your hands on me. So I'm all yours."

He caressed the words softly, giving them more weight, more meaning. He wanted to draw Cris in, to tempt him, to feel that perfect closeness they shared so easily and not let it stop. He needed to know Cris wanted him. Even more than that, he needed to feel like he was needed in return. That, he almost always felt from Cris. Rowan's insecurities this evening absolutely did not stem from any lack of affection from his partner; they were just there, annoying, in the background, reminding him how precious this person was.

Rowan gave a soft sigh and relaxed against Cris's hands.
"There," he said, dropping the casual subterfuge he'd kept in place during the benefit, exposing everything he had to his partner. It didn't bother him to let Cris see into his soul. Cris was the one person who was always welcome there, any day or night, any time. The subterfuge tonight had merely been for any chance encounters or prying vampire eyes. Rowan hid nothing from Cris, and never had. He didn't think he ever would. Cris had trusted him from their first night together and Rowan wouldn't ever endanger that trust.
Cris laughed softly shaking his head at both Rowan's confidence and caring. "Very thoughtful of you, Love." He thought he could manage to be naked in a private swimming pool with just the two of them. Excess propriety came in cycles just like so many other cultural behaviors. He remembered swimming naked in many a lake without a thought for it being wrong. "I might wear it simply to give you something to unwrap later."

Rowan seemed to be willing to do whatever he wanted. Cris smiled up at him. "A Rowan of my very own? All mine?" He reached up and slid the vest up over his partner's broad shoulders then, walking around behind him, Cris reached up to pull it down Rowan's arms. He set it carefully on the bed and then wrapped his arms around his lover's waist, leaning his cheek against Rowan's back. "I don't have to share?"

His mood became more serious and he moved back around to stand in front of his partner. "Not that I mind sharing you with co-workers and people in need." Cris reached up and cupped his hand along Rowan's jaw. "You help people and that is wonderful. I would never want to change that."

Fingers moved to the first button of Rowan's shirt; Cris smiled impishly. "And so long as I get you to myself sometimes...often." He amended with a wider smile. "Then I will not be terribly jealous." He undid the rest of the buttons as quickly as he could manage while being careful.

His lover was open with him and Cris found that it had become second nature to drop his subterfuge around Rowan. It had worried him at first, this opening up that had happened so automatically but after a while he had grown used to it and even welcomed it. He was still alert in public, even with Rowan, and that was what mattered. Loving someone was not making him lax; it was making him better.

Cris made quick work of the rest of Rowan's clothes and his partner had been doing the same for him. It was amazing how such careful preparation could easily be undone in mere minutes.

Once they were done, he bent down and planted a light kiss on the end of his partner's cock and then stood up straight once more.

"Behave for just a few moments more." Cris admonished in the vague direction of Rowan, perhaps speaking to his lover or simply a part of him.

Gathering the clothes up from the bed, he began arranging them neatly on the hangers so that they could be placed in the garment bag.

Looking down at the pieces of clothing in his hand, he said.
"I have an idea."
Rowan loved the sound of Cris's laugh. It had been rare when they'd first met but Rowan heard it a lot more often now. It was soft, but it reached into his soul and warmed him from the inside out. His smile grew at the sound of it; that was all it took.

"I'd prefer not to waste the gift wrap," he said mischievously, "but if you insist, I'll be careful to unwrap it carefully so it can be reused."

He had yet to rip any clothing off of Cris... although he was pretty sure they'd both come close once or twice. Rowan pondered that for a moment while taking in Cris's playful words, his light-hearted expression. He loved Cris in this mood, as he loved Cris in pretty much any mood, really, but there was something perfect about having him like this. Rowan clasped the arms that wrapped themselves around his waist, squeezing them tight and leaning back as Cris leaned against him.

"No you don't have to share," he said after a moment, surprised at how sincerely he meant the words. "Not if you don't want to."

As Cris came around him once more Rowan tilted his head against the strong hand that was so soft upon his cheek, turning to kiss Cris's palm. As his shirt was carefully unbuttoned Rowan reached out and combed his fingers through Cris's short blond hair, tracing his fingertip along the edge of Cris's ear, lightly running it down the side of his partner's neck.

"You can have me to yourself as much as you want." Again that little spark of surprise, buried beneath a mountain of sincerity. He had been thinking of it, certainly, in the past few months. It just tumbled out now. "I don't... particularly want to be shared."

Oh, he'd always be who he was. But maybe it was time to step back from public life a little bit. Cherish the person he had now. Rowan wouldn't, couldn't do that, though, without Cris's request. There was no way he'd ever force himself on his partner.

As they stood together, clothing out of the way, Rowan tilted his head at Cris curiously when his boyfriend bent, kissed him teasingly, and then began to arrange their clothing neatly upon the hangers.

Behave didn't mean stand still, did it? Rowan didn't assume so. The bed was a step away; he moved over to it and lay down upon it, smiling at the sensation of the cool comforter against his skin. Stretching out, he reclined across the blue and cream covers, red hair fanning out beneath him, absolutely unashamed at his posture. The invitation was blatant, his body artfully displayed beneath the soft lighting of the bedroom suite so that shadows marked and accentuated each ridge of muscle.

Cris looked down at the clothing he held and Rowan waited with raised eyebrows.
"An idea?"

His eyelids drifted down, half-closed, while his lips curled up in a smile.
"I like your ideas."

Rowan waited for Cris to elaborate, not moving from his casual yet contrived sprawl on the bed.
Cris mused on his partner's words as he put their clothing away. There was a warm feeling there when he thought of Rowan saying he did not particularly want to be shared. Cris just hoped that he was not stifling his companion in some way. He hoped that in a few years Rowan will not get bored and wonder why he was with this shut-in work-a-holic who did not have nearly enough time or finesse to love him properly. Cris feared that his wants and needs were changing Rowan and that later his lover would wake up one day and wonder when he became this new person. Perhaps Rowan would want to go back to the throngs of adoring men and women, perhaps one old vampire wouldn't be enough in the long run. He turned and peeked over his shoulder, checking his lover's aura with a glance.

Or he would have, if Rowan hadn't been stretched out so invitingly on the bed, looking sexy and confident with a little bit of mischief mixed in. There was something just so overwhelmingly attractive about Rowan. He knew how handsome he was, how seductive he looked laying there; Cris could tell by finally actually getting that glance at his aura. It would be off-putting on anyone else but Rowan never seemed to have a large ego about his looks, despite the few small occasions of pride. It seemed to Cris that Rowan wanted to be judged by so much more. His partner enjoyed attention but less for his appearance and more for his charm, humor and intellect. It was all that and Rowan's sense of humor that had Cris tumbling headlong in love with him from the start. The winning smile and a great pair of abs were certainly bonus features but it was Rowan's personality that kept him captivated day after day.

He slid the silk scarf he had been playing with through his hands once more and then tucked it carefully into the breast pocket of his suit. Cris turned back to Rowan and smile mysteriously but said no more on the topic of his idea. He finished with the garments and then hung the bag up on the bedroom closet it door.

Retrieving the smaller bag, he brought it down to the floor at the end of the bed and knelt in front of it.

"Stay there, no peeking." Cris held up an admonishing finger to his partner on the bed. "Besides, the view from here is...nice."

Turning his attention back to the bag, he rummaged through the contents occasionally pulling out things that he felt were necessary for his idea. He glanced up every so often to make sure Rowan was staying put...and to enjoy the view while he had it.

Gathering the items up into his arms, Cris walked out onto the balcony and set most of them down. He kept two of them and came back into the room with Rowan.

Kneeling next to the bed, he held out the collar to his lover in one hand and the blindfold in the other.

"I trust you, Rowan." Cris stated simply. "I want you to know how much." He nodded back toward the pool. "It is not a swing, but I float pretty well so perhaps a pool will serve." Tilting his head to the side, he considered. "I am sure there is something around that we can cuff me to. You might have to get creative." Cris smiled, being the sub meant it was not his responsibility to figure it out. It was an odd feeling, strangely liberating but he still wanted to offer suggestions and help. It was who he was; strategy, problem solving, and simply taking charge so things got done were an integral part of his nature. He couldn't change that but perhaps he could let it go for a little while.

Rowan had trusted him with so much in the short time they had known each other. Cris wanted to place himself in his lover's hands and show him that he was willing to believe wholeheartedly in Rowan's ability to take care of him.

"I cannot promise that it will not frighten me but I want to try." He looked up at Rowan with earnest blue eyes, his heart hammering loudly against his chest.
Rowan smiled and nodded at Cris, closing his eyes all the way. "No peeking," he said agreeably, curious as to what his partner had in mind.

He heard Cris move out onto the balcony; it appeared he would be having a swim after all, an idea he liked. Rowan adored the water; he swam like a fish and took every opportunity to do so. His ears picked up the soft sounds Cris made as he returned. Rowan opened his eyes to find Cris kneeling next to the bed, two objects in his hands.

Cris's words and his suggestion surprised Rowan. He hadn't expected anything like this, not tonight, when Cris was a little out of his element already. He'd been prepared to seduce his partner, to be alluring, coy, and eventually take the place Cris was offering to. Not that he was opposed to it, any way they did it. Just Cris was enough.

Rowan sat up, reached over, and took the blindfold and collar from Cris's hands. He looked at them for a moment and then set them gently aside. Sliding from the bed, he knelt in front of Cris. Rowan wrapped his arms gently around his lover's waist and drew him close, turning him sideways a little so embrace him fully. Then he bent his head down and kissed Cris, slowly and deeply, while he held him.

Once he broke away Rowan smiled softly into those blue eyes, kind eyes that he loved without boundary. He reached back up to the bed and lifted the collar from it.

"Perhaps this is out of place tonight, love," he said softly. "I know I have your trust. I don't think you need to be playing a role to demonstrate it. Can we leave this off for now?"

He wanted to care for Cris as Cris. As the man Rowan adored, without pushing him into a role he knew wasn't natural for Cris. He picked up the blindfold and looked at it a moment, as his lips curled up into a smile.

"This, though," he said, knowing the concept of losing his sight was truly fearsome to Cris, "this might be fun."

He glanced out at the pool. Oh yes, a blindfold and a swimming pool... Rowan's aim with the blindfold was to take stability away from his partner, have Cris reach out to him for stability, for support. Knowing Rowan wouldn't steer him wrong. And a pool was a very good place for that.

"I need you to tell me if you cannot do this," Rowan said. "Pick a safe word. Something you will remember to let me know we're pushing you too far. I will always, always listen to it."

He ran his hands up and down Cris's back, stroking gently.
"And I need to know how well you can swim. How comfortable you are in the water."

He buried his face in Cris's hair, pulling his partner to him once more
. "We don't have to do this tonight, Cris. But no matter what we do, or don't do... damn, I love you so much."
He found himself wrapped in Rowan's arms. Cris sighed softly and melted into that embrace, completely and wholeheartedly now that they were alone. The kiss, with no one around to cheer, rate, or disapprove, was absolute heaven. He gave himself totally to his lover, no more tension, propriety or worry, just passion and love. This was the Crispin that no one else saw; the one that only belonged to Rowan.

When his partner expressed his misgivings, Cris glanced at the collar in his lover's hands and then back up at Rowan. He nodded his silent understanding. The collar was not necessary if Rowan didn't want him to wear it. He could do what his lover asked of him with or without it but he wanted his partner to understand why he brought it.

He reached out and placed his fingers gently on the leather band. "It is a reminder." Cris smiled wryly. "When we are in the middle of...things. That I am to be patient and to trust you. Like a string tied around your finger." Picking it back up, he looked from it to Rowan. "I would rather wear it, unless you truly do not wish me to."

Cocking an eyebrow at Rowan, he added. "I assure you. I will not forget myself. I am not playing a role." He had done those often enough; they were a comforting second nature to him. "I do not want to be someone else while wearing it. I want to be me, doing something because I love you."

His eyes flickered toward the blindfold; he spoke while regarding it thoughtfully. "Trust me. I do not expect this to be torture." Cris reached up a hand to Rowan's shoulder and gripped it reassuringly. "I would not sign up for that tonight. Maybe some other time." He grinned at his partner. Cris had experienced torture on several occasions. It was a hazard of the job and an abnormally long life as a soldier, spy, bodyguard and all the other similar roles he had assumed over the years. "I might be afraid, for part of it, but I truly believe in you, Rue, and I am sure that you will make it enjoyable." He did expect to have fun once the trepidation was over and he started to relax. It was said that anticipation was the worst part of fear and he knew that to be almost always true.

His partner's concern was evident in his voice and the insistence that he tell him if this was something he could not do. At the mention of a safe word, Cris frowned, searching for something appropriate but not likely to come up in the middle of sex. Eventually he smiled and shrugged.

"I will just ask you to 'hold the rum'." He raised his eyebrows in question, hoping that was acceptable. It was easy to remember and it reminded him of how they had met. If he did need to use a safe word then a reinforcement of a good memory would not go amiss either.

When asked if he could swim, he gave his companion a disdainful sniff and said. "We -do- have water in Switzerland." Cris grinned then, not truly taking offense to Rowan's very valid question. "I swim quite well." It was a popular past time after hot training drills and often a lake was the only bath you were going to see while on a campaign. He had been able to swim before then but he had seen several young men learn the hard way when their fellow soldiers decided that the stench of them warranted a very sudden and harsh lesson in the art of the dog paddle. Once or twice being a decent swimmer had gotten him sent on missions that larger boys missed out on. He was harder to see and he had more stamina than most of them from all the solitary practice sessions that he kept up with. After becoming a vampire, he still enjoyed swimming; being underwater was like seeing into a different world. He respected nature's various sources of water and enjoyed them all. "I will be fine. I promise."

Cris found himself gathered up once more, with Rowan nuzzled wonderfully close. He sighed happily as he wrapped his arms around his partner's back and squeezed him tightly in return. "I love you too, Rowan." He planted a kiss on his lover's neck. "Very much."
Rowan listened to Cris solemnly, understanding where he was coming from. He wasn't going to argue. If this was what Cris preferred, and for those particular reasons, that was fine with him. He took the collar from Cris and smiled. Pulling Cris close once more Rowan lowered his head and touched his lips to Cris's neck. He sucked softly, flicking his tongue against it, tasting his partner's skin. He let the collar hang between his thumb and forefinger, reaching up to gently stroke the nape of Cris's neck while he paid attention to kissing and nibbling.

Finally he pulled away and unbuckled the collar. It was sized to his own neck, so he placed it around Cris's and adjusted it carefully until it fit snugly without being too tight, and not loose enough to catch on anything - not that they were going to be in an area where that could happen but still. Safety first.

Cris's safe word, or phrase, worked for Rowan and made him smile. He nodded.
"Please be sure to send it, love. If I'm underwater I may not hear you if you say it out loud."

And Rowan planned to spend plenty of time underwater. He had some ideas, some of them not necessarily intended to arouse his partner so much as nurture the trust that had grown between them. There were so many ways to enjoy the water with a partner, so many ways to enjoy it alone. Knowing Cris would be completely in Rowan's hands made him want to make this experience something completely new and exhilarating.

"Oh yeah, you do have water in Switzerland," Rowan said, when Cris grinned at him, snapping his fingers as if just remembering. "It's called snow. How could I forget?"

Cris continued to reassure him that, in spite of being born and raised in a land-locked country, he was perfectly comfortable in the water. Rowan hadn't expected otherwise; he really wanted to know how comfortable Cris would be if held underwater, how he was without breathing, things like that. He would simply be extra careful with his partner. Take things slowly.

Cris's words of love were never taken for granted. Every time Rowan heard them they had a deep effect on him. He smiled, trying to instill patience in himself. Taking a deep breath he unfolded the blindfold. It should stay on just fine even when it was wet.

He shifted so that he and Cris were facing each other, wanting the last thing Cris saw for a little while to be his face. He continued to smile softly, warmly. Carefully he placed the blindfold over Cris's eyes, adjusting the velcro strap behind his head to hold it on.

"All right?" he asked. When Cris responded positively he slipped his arms beneath his partner and lifted him easily.

"We're going out to the water now," he said, although he knew that much was obvious.

Once they were out on the balcony, the sliding door closed behind them, Rowan headed over to the pool. It was an irregular circular shape with a zero-depth entry. Rowan walked into it until he was about waist deep. Slowly he lowered Cris down.

"Time to demonstrate those excellent floating skills," Rowan said. He pulled his arms away enough so that the water was supporting Cris, but Rowan was still in contact, his hands gently resting against Cris's upper and lower back. Without touching any other part of Cris, Rowan leaned down and brushed his lips lightly against his lover's.

"How are you doing?"

The water was relatively smooth but there was nothing here for Cris to anchor himself with. As soon as Rowan moved his hands away Cris would be floating free in the pool.
Cris smiled and enjoyed every little touch and kiss that Rowan favored him with, leaning forward to give his lover better access to his neck. He loved it and his partner knew it all too well. Leaning his forehead against Rowan's shoulder, he whispered a soft content sigh.

His lover pulled away and adjusted the collar so it fit. Cris waited until Rowan was done and then reached up and touched it with his fingers. Wearing it, for his partner, did not feel nearly as odd as he expected; Cris found that he looked forward to being able to show Rowan how much he loved him in a new way. The feel of wearing a collar was different; it was heavier than a necklace but the leather was soft and the small ring felt refreshing cool against his flushed skin. It was Rowan's and he liked that about it too.

An idea came to him, but he would save it for later and see how this experience went first. He nodded about sending instead of saying the safe words he had chosen.

Rowan unfolded the blindfold and moved around in front of him. His lover's thoughtfulness was touching, as it seemed obvious to him the reason for Rowan's change in position. Cris gazed up into those beautiful green-grey eyes and smiled calmly. He might not completely feel it but he could project it for his lover's sake.

The blindfold was gently slid into place. Cris eased his eyes open slowly beneath it to see if there was anything he could manage to view. He found that he could not raise his eyelids all the way because there was padding on the inside of the blindfold to help it fit snugly but comfortably against his face. There was just a tiny seam of light but Cris found that focusing on trying to see something of interest in the small opening was simply distracting and not at all helpful. He could not see anything through the little sliver so it was better to simply shut his eyes and accept that he was effectively blind for the moment. Right now he knew that he could take the strip of padded leather that was handicapping him off by himself if he absolutely felt the need. While that might be comforting thought, it was not the experience of trust and submission that he was aiming for when he suggested they do this. Having sorted out the initial loss of sight, Cris took a deep breath and answered Rowan's question. "Yes, Love."

Cris found himself gathered up in his lover's arms and he thought if this was how it felt to be blindfolded then he could totally handle the experience. He leaned his head on Rowan's shoulder, content to be taken wherever his partner wanted to go.

The sound of the sliding door preceded the tingle of cool air on his skin. Even with the outer windows closed the balcony was still harder to keep warm than the inner portion of the suite. Cris knew that if they were using the hot tub as well as the pool then they would be very grateful for the lower temperature above the water. Off in the dim distance he can hear an occasional hum and realized that the sound was from the cars passing by so very far below. The gentle splash of water distracted him for trying to discern other faint noises and instead he focused on anticipating the water that was to come.

Rowan's natural graceful gait was altered as he strode deeper into the pool. Soon the water was high enough to reach Cris's feet and then his ass as he was cradled in his lover's arms. The water was warmer than he expected, comfortably so and he relaxed a little bit more.

His partner's words caused him to become a little more anxious again but so far the feeling was tolerable. He could still easily remove the blindfold if he needed to. Cris did not want Rowan to let go of him, knowing he would lose his sense of where his lover was but that was a part of the 'fun'. Rowan loosened his hold until he found himself floating in the water but he could still feel his partner's hands warm against his back. Cris took a deep breath and slowly let it out again. He could do this, so far so good.

"I am all right, Love."
Rowan looked down at Cris, floating gently atop the warm water in the pool, partially submerged. He didn't want to push him to far too fast. His partner was bravely confronting one of his fears and Rowan was going to initiate him as gently as possible.

He removed one hand from Cris's back but left the other in place pressing lightly between Cris's shoulder blades, letting him float on his own mostly but stabilizing him so he didn't drift away or feel completely abandoned. The cool air of the balcony had turned his nipples to tight little beads and Rowan decided to begin there.

He brought his free hand up, dripping warm water. Raising it up over Cris's chest Rowan let a tiny rivulet drop from his fingertip to the left side of Cris's chest where it trickled lightly down his side back into the pool. Dipping his hand back into the water Rowan repeated the same gesture on the opposite side, then used his index finger to make a wet line over Cris's ribs, down to his stomach, criss-crossing the ridge of lean muscle down toward his hips. He knew the cool air over wet skin would cause yet more sensation so he waited a few moments for that little bit of chill to set in.

Then he bent and enclosed Cris's left nipple in his mouth, his only other contact with his partner his hand upon Cris's back, holding him still. Rowan sucked gently for a long few moments before pulling away, licking, nibbling, and then capturing the little bit of flesh between his teeth and sucking again. He paid very close attention to his partner's state of well-being but so far, Cris seemed reasonably calm.

Since that seemed to be the case Rowan added his other hand into the mix. Letting his mouth wander softly along Cris's collarbone he placed his free hand upon Cris's stomach, letting the weight of it push Cris very slightly down into the warm water so that it flowed over his abdomen and stomach. His other hand made sure Cris's head and chest remained above the water.

He began to stroke Cris's skin gently, his hand drifting back and forth. He took his time, caressing, petting, over Cris's sides, down his hips, softly swirling into his groin, using the current he generated to hint at touches to come in yet more intimate places but not actually doing so just yet. Every once in a while he raised his hand, warm water cupped in it, and let it slide from there to Cris's chest.

The urge to hold Cris close was strong, so strong. But Rowan understood what Cris wanted from this, or at least he thought he did. He continued his gentle ministrations, making sure Cris was as relaxed as he could be. Then, finally, he gently pulled his stabilizing hand away; slowly, so that Cris knew it was going to happen.

Now his partner floated free in the water. Rowan continued to stroke with both hands now, the newly-freed one tracing little lines down his partner's spine. He trailed his fingertips over the curve of Cris's ass, down the backs of his thighs. As he did, he moved slowly through the water making very little disturbance in spite of his size. He let his hands run over Cris's legs and feet and then traveled around to the opposite side, where he once more let his hand come to rest between his partner's shoulders as he bent and kissed him softly.

The whole time, when his mouth was free, he talked softly. About everything and nothing. About how much he loved Cris, how much he had looked forward to being here that night. He told him how happy it had made him, seeing him smile with Rowan's co-workers. He also confessed that he'd feared Cris might find someone better, someone more entertaining. He continued, letting Cris know he trusted in his love and wanted to make sure he was always worthy of receiving it. Every little insecurity came out, mingled with words of affection, so that no matter how much or how little contact they had Cris could hear Rowan's distinctive accent the entire time.
Cris laid back in the pool and did his best to relax as Rowan removed one hand from him;there was still contact so he was okay for now. He listened to the gentle tinkle and swirl of the water as Rowan moved beside him. It told him nothing of Rowan's intentions but it did further confirm that his lover was nearby and had not abandoned him. Cris told himself that he was with his partner; nothing bad was going to happen to him while Rowan was there watching over him.

Without his ability to see Rowan's aura it was harder for him to tell that this person touching him was his beloved and not a stranger toying with him. Of course that was a large portion of his fear; he couldn't see Rowan's hands on him, see his companion's good intentions and love in the swirl of colors around him, couldn't see Rowan's smile... The worrisome thoughts began to overwhelm him. Cris took several rapid breaths before mentally telling himself to calm down in a tone forceful enough for his body to start paying attention to it.

This was Rowan with him; he knew that. He needed to find other ways to convince himself of this fact that his reason knew but his fears insisted upon questioning. Cris took a deep calming breath and open his other senses. Rowan was talking to him; he could hear him reassuringly nearby. He inhaled again deeply and caught his partner's scent, smelling of Rowan and the soap they both shared, right next to him; it was just strong enough and Rowan was close enough for him to smell it over the chlorine in the water. He could still feel Rowan's hand; it had not been removed. All these things together began to calm his fears; this was Rowan. Everything was okay.

A tiny drop of cool water splashed down upon his left nipple. Cris gasped softly surprised but not unpleasantly so. The teasing actually helped to calm him further. This playfulness was definitely Rowan. Both his mind and heart could agree on that. He was more prepared for the next drop on the other side but still he shivered at the teasingly light touch of the cool water.

There were more touches and then his lover stopped. The air further cooled his damp chest and Cris remained extra still, listening intently to Rowan's voice as he waited to be touched again.

His lover's mouth was invitingly warm and agonizingly wonderful clamped around his nipple. This time the gasp was louder and there was no question that pleasure was its source. Cris stirred slightly, wanting to arch into that touch, but there was nothing to give him leverage and all the movement would end up doing was upsetting his balance. It was difficult to remain still while Rowan teased but as there was little other choice, and he certainly did not want Rowan to stop touching him, he found the patience within him to manage.

Rowan continued touching him and Cris began to forget all about his fears, for the moment anyway. His lover was here touching him, speaking to him, he knew it was Rowan and he was free to move. Cris concentrated on the feel of his lover's hand and mouth moving over him, both above and beneath the water.

By the time Rowan removed the hand from his back and began to use it to touch and tease as well Cris was more focused on his lover's attentions than on the blindfold. Soon he was breathing in short little gasps once more but this time it was not from fear.

His lover spoke of the insecurity he felt during the benefit and his worry that someone new would come along to replace him. Cris wished that he could reach out and bring Rowan close to soothe away the anxiety.

"There is no one else for me and there never will be, Rowan." His voice was quiet in the stillness of their private little sanctuary. It probably went against the goal of their current activity for him to speak and if they were truly playing roles then he should not have. Rowan would have the right to punish him for him it but Cris would gladly pay whatever price his lover wanted to tax him with to say those words. "Because there is no one in the world like you so no one else will ever be what I want or what I need." He reached up a hand out of the water and brought it toward the ones that were touching him but he stopped just short of making contact.

"I love you."
Rowan noted Cris's tension but let it go; they both knew Cris would be on edge a bit. He had entrusted himself into Rowan's care, though, and that made it Rowan's job to relax his partner, a job he enjoyed wholeheartedly. His caresses and light touches seemed to be doing the trick; he smiled to himself as he slid his hands over and along Cris's body and his lover responded to the touches.

Rowan found himself relaxing, as well, when Cris spoke. Although it went beyond the positions they'd chosen for tonight Rowan was glad to hear Cris's reassurances. Maybe with someone else he wouldn't have put any weight behind those words but Cris didn't do that. When Cris said it, he meant it, and it made Rowan want to return the sentiment in kind.

He saw Cris raise his hand but he didn't reach out to take it. Instead, in a gesture that Cris would hopefully recognize as one he'd done many times before, Rowan simply leaned over and took Cris's finger in his mouth, sucking gently upon it and grazing it with his teeth. Then he released it and kissed his partner's palm.

"I love you too," he finally said after that little bit of intimacy.

A smile curled his lips, then, and he moved slightly toward Cris's head. Dipping his finger down into the warm water that lapped around Cris's neck Rowan lightly traced it around the black and purple leather collar he had expected to be wearing himself.

"You're impertinent," he whispered playfully, amusement and humor in his words. "I should correct this behavior."

Should, but didn't really want to... their roles weren't clearly defined tonight. At least, Rowan hadn't thought they were. But it could still be fun to play and this might give Cris something to help take his mind off any anxiety.

He placed both hands beneath Cris's back once more so he could lean down and claim Cris's mouth for a deep kiss. Pulling away Rowan nipped softly at Cris's lower lip.
"You can talk all you like," he said, "but you may not come until I let you."

With that he let his bottom hand trail up out of the water, drawing a wet line across Cris's abdomen, then sliding down to tease his erection with feather light touches and swirls.

Cris seemed to be doing well so far but Rowan took his job seriously, and he didn't want to leave his partner for a moment. Not yet. If he could make this time good for Cris, they could play again and again and Cris would begin to anticipate this sort of game with eagerness, not anxiety.

"I won't be able to talk for a few moments, love, and we're going to go under the water a little. I'll be here the whole time. Empty out your lungs."

He removed his teasing hand but kept the other against Cris's back. Slowly Rowan sank beneath the surface of the water. He opened his eyes and used his somewhat watery vision and the hand that touched Cris to guide him. With an easy kick he moved underneath Cris, then floated up until he was pressed chest to back against his partner. He slid his hands down Cris's sides, then spread them over his stomach. Then he hooked his ankles around Cris's.

He let out the rest of the air he'd been holding onto and, with Cris wrapped into his secure embrace, they sank beneath the warm water to float a foot or so beneath it, drifting gently but not turning over.

As they were enveloped in that cocoon of warmth Rowan tilted his head and dipped his mouth down to Cris's neck. Cradling his lover close he began to gently kiss and suck a long line down Cris's neck, then back up it, tugging softly upon his earlobe. His hands moved as well, his arms remaining wrapped around Cris to keep him close. One hand drifted up to brush over his chest while the other dipped lower still, down to cup and stroke his partner's cock.

All the while he paid attention to Cris, alert for any signs of tension beyond what was expected or acceptable. He didn't want Cris to bully himself through this out of sheer stubbornness, although he knew Cris could. Rowan wanted it to be a good experience, something to bolster his lover and reinforce that trust they shared.
Cris smiled as Rowan's mouth enclosed his finger; he appreciated the reassurance, unconventional as it was. It was definitely distinctly Rowan. He sighed softly at the gentle kiss to his palm and the words of love; they were wonderful to hear in return and he found that a part of him really needed and wanted them just now.

His lover's fingers then gently traced water over the collar that he was wearing. Cris supposed it shouldn't surprise him that Rowan would remember that he had chosen to wear it and would not overlook what that meant. After all he would not have ignored misbehavior if Rowan had been wearing it instead.

A smirk met Rowan's intimate whisper of his impertinence; it would not be the first time he had been called such but it had definitely been a while since that word had truly applied to him. He found that he a part of him wanted to continue to be rebellious just so Rowan would have to 'punish' him.

He moaned against his lover's lips as Rowan kissed him deeply. For the moment all thoughts of impertinence left his mind; all he wanted was another kiss just like this one. Cris wanted to hold Rowan close and prolong their embrace but he had already pushed the boundaries of the position he had placed himself in. Instead, he listened carefully to the direction that Rowan gave him.

Obviously speaking had its price.

"Yes, Sir." Cris spoke meekly enough; though the corners of his lips tilted upward at the words. He would do his best to follow that one simple command no matter how difficult Rowan chose to make it. His partner then took up the teasing touches once more which made him quickly rue his agreement to the rules, knowing that more intimate caresses would soon follow.

Rowan asked him to empty his lungs and said they were going under the water. Cris searched his feelings on the matter but found that it did not overly concern him. Had Rowan pulled him under without warning him first then he might have been surprised and upset.

He did as his partner suggested and soon felt his lover brushed up against him, Rowan's hands gliding over him once more. Far from being worried, Cris felt warm and secure with his partner wrapped around him. His only concern was air and, as they needed far far less than a human, it was but a minor consideration. Cris could not imagine Rowan holding him under if he expressed the need to breath and, a small paranoid part of his brain pointed out, he could easily throw off an attacker, even underwater.

Leaning his head back against Rowan's chest, Cris reached around and tucked his hands behind his partner's back, holding him gently. [Let me know if you want me to remove them...Sir.] His mental voice held a hint of humor and it hopefully relayed his state of mind lest his partner continue to be worried about him. Cris did not feel they had fully conquered his fear but for now, in this situation, he was not alarmed.

He moaned softly as Rowan lavished attention on his neck. Cris turned his head to the side and arched his neck against the warm mouth that sucked gently on his skin. When his lover's hands began to explore once more, finding more intimate places to tease, his own fingers squeezed Rowan tighter against him until he managed to force himself to relax his grip. [Sorry, Love.] He murmured not terribly sorry at all.
Rowan loved Cris's responses. He was gratified to see his partner letting go, facing this fear of his, and he was doing it perfectly. As in all things Cris was brave, courageous. Rowan already knew that about him from their first night together when he'd seen Cris's fear and trepidation at opening himself up to a new relationship but Cris had never backed down or backed away. He was amazing in all things and Rowan wanted this to be pleasant for him.

As Cris acquiesced to Rowan's playful command Rowan smiled. He kissed Cris once more and laughed softly.
"Good. Show me your dedication."

It would, he hoped, help keep Cris even more focused as they headed beneath the surface of the water. Cris was, however, once more in complete control. Rowan smiled again as Cris reached around and gripped him. [I approve,] he sent back, squeezing Cris against him. [I want you to keep holding on, however you like. I want you against me.]

And he was certainly pressed up against Cris, with no question as to his state of arousal. Rowan let out a soft puff of air, letting a stream of bubbles tickle out behind Cris's ear. He felt more than heard Cris's moan, muffled as it was by the water, and it egged him on a bit. He kept his hand firm around Cris's erection, giving long slow strokes as his other hand toyed with Cris's nipple, tugging and pinching gently.

Cris's fingers digging into his skin were perfect. Rowan wanted that grip, wanted to feel Cris's need for him, had to feel like he was needed by Cris tonight.

[Don't,] he sent back to Cris. [Don't ever be sorry. That's an order, dear one. Now hold on tightly, please.]

He waited until Cris complied. [We're going to take a little swim and then head up to the surface. Hang tight, a ghra. Trust me, my own.]

Rowan kept one foot locked with Cris's and let go with the hand that had been stroking his partner. He used his free arm and leg to guide them, pushing off with his foot and tumbling them over once in the water. With that slight momentum he wrapped himself around Cris again and turned so that they corkscrewed. He kicked gently, carrying them both out into slightly deeper water, holding Cris tight, knowing the sensation he must be feeling would be unusual to him. Rowan would have enjoyed it, something like a thrill ride, not knowing exactly where the ground was, or where the walls were, but Rowan wasn't Cris.

He was safely tucked around Cris, however, his partner cradled in his embrace, and his short journey through the water was smooth and unwavering. Rowan was perfectly at home here, moved easily, and wasn't unfamiliar with carrying someone along. He intended only a short trip, however, knowing it might create some anxiety. So after that little round of aquatic acrobatics he carried them to the surface, into water that was slightly higher than chest deep on him.

Carefully he turned Cris so his partner was facing him, resettling Cris's arms around his neck and reaching up to touch Cris's collar bones, letting him know he was there before smoothing his hands upward to wipe away any excess water from his partner's face.

"All right, love?" He asked softly. He waited for Cris's answer before proceeding.
He could definitely comply with the hold tightly directive. Cris still was not certain he could fulfill the not coming until his partner gave him leave to do so but he would try. Right now, even with Rowan stroking him steadily, the slow pace was enough for him to manage but he knew that his lover was far from finished with him.

Cris grasped Rowan tightly when his companion said they were going to take a little journey. When they first began to move he was able to discern where they were in the pool and about how far in but as Rowan spun them around in the water he lost his sense of direction. Blind fighting was not his most honed ability. Alfarinn was actually much better at it and drunken fighting as well; they were two skills that the Norseman claimed Cris needed to be more versed in. However, he just never found the time; most likely because he hated not being able to see.

Deciding it was better to try and remain calm, Cris told himself that he could sort out where he was when Rowan stopped. There would be cooler air toward the outside edge of the balcony where the windows were. The hum of the hot tub would tell him where that was in relation to him as well. These things made him feel better but what mattered the most was knowing where Rowan was and, since he had a very good grip on his pirate, that particular knowledge was not exactly difficult to obtain.

Once he stopped trying to sort out where he was, the feel of flowing through the water with Rowan was actually very nice. He would have preferred to be turned around. Right now he felt somewhat awkward and backward, like a Cris sized remora. It was strange feeling someone else doing all the work to push them through the water but he did admire his lover's grace and strength. Sometime later he would have to watch Rowan swim; doubtless it was a beautiful sight.

When they came to a stop and ascended the short distance to the surface, Rowan turned him around. Cris opened the senses that he had available to him and worked to sort out his location. It made him feel more at ease once that was done. He might not be an expert at blind fighting, thank goodness Rowan was not throwing weapons or punches at him, but he was a vampire with supernatural senses. Those were good enough to give him at least a rough idea of how far in the pool they were and which way he was currently facing. Cris was not sure why that knowledge was important at this particular moment but it made him feel better.

His hands were relocated around his partner's neck and Cris took the opportunity to slide them into the wet hair slicked down at the back of Rowan's neck. One set of fingers toyed with the cool strands while the other drew long lazy spirals along the nape of his lover's neck. His partner had told him to keep holding onto him however he liked so until he was told not to play then he would. Perhaps it was taking more liberty than he was allowed. Cris felt unapologetic; his partner would just have to be more specific if he didn't want him to move while he was 'holding on'.

He felt Rowan's hands upon his collarbones and then they moved upward to brush the water gently from his face. Cris waited until his partner was done and then he nodded.

"I am fine, Love." He smiled softly and amended "Better than fine."
Rowan beamed at Cris when he said he was fine; his partner was relaxed, smiling, and showed no sign that he was having trouble with any of their activities so far. Granted, Rowan would admit that he wasn't exactly pushing Cris as far or as hard as he could but he didn't want to. The blindfold was what had had caused Cris's anxiety; it was enough, in Rowan's opinion, to make this fun with just that one roadblock. Once again, he reasoned to himself, if they could make this something Cris enjoyed, they could go further and further with it. If Cris wanted to. Rowan thought it was fun, himself, particularly as Cris seemed to be having a good time, but if his partner expressed even the hint of a wish that they end it Rowan would drop it like a hot potato.

He gathered Cris into his arms, knowing his partner couldn't touch the floor of the pool where they currently stood, not without going under entirely. Holding him close, Rowan bent the very short distance to Cris's lips.
"Yes, you're definitely better than fine," he agreed. "You are everything."

His heart was behind each syllable. Rowan closed the distance between them, holding Cris in a crushing embrace as he kissed him deeply, aggressively, but not roughly. He let his tongue taste every bit of his partner's mouth, his teeth nipping gently, unable to move away for even just a second for some time. When he did manage to pull back it was with a great deal of effort.

"Time to see if you can mind just one little rule," he said in a voice strained with desire but still silkily wicked.

"Lean back," Rowan directed gently. He encouraged Cris to float on his back once more, only this time Rowan remained where he was, chest deep in the pool, an anchor for them both.

He kept his arms around Cris; as his partner leaned back he shifted them so they were holding him up at the hips and lower back, with Cris's legs over his upper arms. He hadn't restrained Cris any further because at this point Cris would need his arms to help stabilize him, most likely. Rowan planned to make that one direction very difficult for Cris, but Cris knew the game. He could do his best to comply and earn a reward, or he could submit to what Rowan was about to do and risk punishment. Rowan was curious to see which way Cris would go.

With such a tempting position between Cris's legs Rowan did not hesitate to lean down and draw Cris even closer. With a soft 'mmm' of anticipation Rowan enclosed his mouth over the tip of Cris's cock, sliding his lips over the head and no further before drawing back. Swirling his tongue around Cris's tip Rowan pushed down onto him again, once more stopping after an inch or so. It was tempting to take his partner in completely but he held off and simply bobbed his head gently up and down over the head of Cris's erection for a little while.

When he moved, it was to run his tongue up and down the length of Cris's shaft, slowly at first, but then a little faster. Teasing once more, he took Cris into his mouth again but stopped before enclosing him fully in satisfying warmth. There would be time for that later.

In the meantime he slid one hand beneath Cris, still supporting him but now positioned so that he could slide one finger over and tease gently at his partner's tight opening. He didn't push inside; with the lube over across the pool Rowan wasn't about to do anything to create unpleasant friction. He simply teased and toyed, circled and stroked gently, before ducking under the water himself and pressing his lips up to Cris's thigh. He moved slowly toward where his finger was circling, finally replacing that digit with the tip of his tongue, letting his hand move up to stroke his partner slowly.

He paid attention to Cris's every response, each sound, each motion. Rowan wanted to tease, to push Cris to his limits, and to continue to give him something to focus on aside from panic. So with gentle hands, mouth, tongue, and teeth, he used Cris as his own personal playground, loving every touch and every taste.
Cris snorted softly to the notion that he was everything but did not disagree with Rowan; he certainly felt the same way about his partner. Who was he to argue? Even if he didn't see the same degree of amazing in himself he was glad that Rowan seemed to.

His lover's kiss left him thinking of nothing much at all except the desire for more. He held Rowan tightly and responded with the same intensity of passion, desperate to show his partner all the love he could while he had the chance. His lover was also the one getting to do the lion's share of teasing tonight so he felt it necessary to do what he could, when he could, to push Rowan closer to the edge of patience otherwise his lover might succeed in making it impossible for him to follow the rules.

It seemed that Rowan had that same thought in mind; Cris groaned inwardly as Rowan mentioned the one command he had been given. Hesitating just for a moment, he slowly let go of his lover and then leaned backward to float in the water. At this point he had ceased to be worried about the blindfold and was more concerned with what his deliciously evil companion had in mind.

A sharp gasp of surprise escaped him as Rowan's mouth found his erection. Despite knowing, from his position in his lover's arms, that it was the likely destination, it had still been something of a shock without being able to watch Rowan and prepare himself for the pleasure that was about to come. His lover did not stop at light teasing touches this time and soon Cris was moaning and writhing in Rowan's grasp.

Cris's hands were clenched into tight fists by the time Rowan's fingers began to gently tease his opening. He bit his lip so hard that he felt blood seep into his mouth; Cris paid it very little mind. The only thought he spared for it was to hope that the smell of his blood would distract his lover some from the torturous overload of pleasure that he was putting him through.

He felt a very different sort of panic entirely as Rowan's mouth touched his inner thigh and began to move slowly upward. He was not going to be able to hold out if his partner kept this up. Cris cried out, a sound that was part gasp and part shuddering sob, as Rowan's tongue took up the work that his fingers had been doing. Those light delicate licks and touches plus the hand now stroking him were close to too much.

[Rowan...] Cris arched in his lover's grasp, causing choppy waves to ripple out from him. His head went partially under the water with the same instinctive motion and he had to move his arms outward to stabilize his body in the rough water. He could not bring himself to ask Rowan to stop. He did not want him to stop, not truly.

Taking a deep breath, Cris sank beneath the water, pushing himself downward with his hands. He used a fluttering motion to keep himself beneath the surface. They were in the pool and he would use it to serve his own needs. Right now, that need was to have something else to concentrate on so that he could hold out for a little longer. Not breathing in a lung full of a water was certainly something worthy of at least part of his attention.

He realized that his lover might be worried about him. [I am okay, Love.] Cris's mental voice was calmer than his actual voice would have been; though it still sounded somewhat breathless to him. [very very horny, but okay.]
Rowan found it so easy to lose himself in Cris's pleasure, which was his own pleasure. There was something so raw and erotic about the way his partner became pliant in his arms, gasping and moaning to Rowan's touches and caresses, writhing in his grasp. Rowan could smell the faint hint of blood and looked up sharply, but Cris was oblivious and Rowan realized his partner had bitten his lip or his tongue. His own lips curled up a little; Cris was clearly not about to panic.

Rowan could hear Cris even from under the water, felt his lithe body shudder with pleasure. Each little motion and noise only heightened Rowan's own need, but he could wait. He knew he was only torturing them both but it was the sweetest torment imaginable and he didn't want to stop.

It was plain that Cris was doing his best to follow Rowan's direction. The voice in his head, desperate, nearly pleading but not quite, had him looking up although he couldn't see terribly clearly under the water. Cris suddenly pushed himself beneath the surface and Rowan would have stopped what he was doing if it weren't for Cris's ready reassurance.

[Not long now, love,] he sent back. [You're doing perfectly. Just hold out a few minutes more, and you'll be rewarded.]

He wasn't certain Cris had a few more minutes left in him, with Rowan doing what he was doing. So to offer his partner a tiny bit of help he slowed down the motions of his hand, then abandoned Cris's erection entirely to grasp his hips and stabilize him further while he continued to lick, suck, and tease beneath the water.

Eventually he moved upward, allowing himself a brief journey with lips and tongue over Cris's balls, delving hotly into the crook of his thighs. This was fun but he wanted Cris in his arms again. He missed him there.

Breaking the water's surface Rowan gathered his partner back up, linking Cris's hands back around his neck. His own hands still flirted around Cris's thighs and waist, stroking his ass as he tucked his blond tight up against him.

"You've done beautifully," he murmured into Cris's ear as he drew the soft lobe into his mouth and sucked gently at it. Releasing it after a few seconds he trailed his fangs softly down Cris's neck, biting gently, very nearly breaking the skin but stopping just at that point.

"One last test," he said, having given Cris a few minutes to regain some control. As he spoke he kicked backward, holding Cris tightly, keeping him out of the water as he floated on his back, propelling them lazily over toward the side of the pool.

"Pass this one, and it's reward time."

As they reached the wall of the pool Rowan straightened them back up, lifted Cris a tiny bit, and carefully pierced into the side of his neck, trailing his fingertips up and down the length of his partner's spine as he held him, drinking lightly.
Rowan mentioned being rewarded and Cris thought the best gift he could imagine would be being able to hold his partner close as he came, preferably as they both came together. The last part of his wants seemed unlikely to happen as Rowan had him nearly on the verge of climax already with his deft attentions. The feel of Rowan's warm tongue teasing his opening gently was something entirely new. He could not help but focus on the sensation and it was different, erotic, extremely and wonderfully pleasant.

His lover slowed his teasing strokes and Cris let himself rise to the surface. Taking a deep breath of cool air, he let it out in a long sigh of relief. He closed his eyes and tried to not to think of what Rowan was doing to him. It was no easy task; he was sure his palms would have had permanent crescent shaped scars from his nails pressed into them if he had been human. As it was the pain and the tension in his hands helped him focus on something else other than his lover. It was odd, somewhat counter-intuitive, to try and ignore Rowan's touches but his partner had given him a command. Even in jest, even with the outcome nothing that would upset his lover, Cris did not want to disappoint Rowan or fall short in any way.

The combined efforts of his willpower, distraction techniques and Rowan's mercy were enough to keep him teetering on the verge without going over the edge. As his lover released his hand entirely, continuing his delicate licks and touches beneath the surface of the water, Cris realized belatedly that he was sweating. It was not much, mostly his forehead, and it was hard to distinguish from the drops of water that were all over his skin. Still, he noticed in an distracted but amused sort of way, he had apparently exerted himself quite a bit while trying to follow one 'simple' rule.

When Rowan finally gathered him back up again, Cris breathed a sigh of relief. He nodded slightly to the words of encouragement, laying his head on Rowan's shoulder. "Thank you," Cris breathed in sharply as his lover trailed his fangs across his neck before biting down. "....sir." The last word was nearly inaudible, his voice having left him at this renewed assault upon his willpower. Cris clung to Rowan tightly, frowning in concentration, his eyes shut tightly behind the mask.

His partner mentioned one last test and Cris thought he might break at that very moment. He could not take any more. Eventually he nodded slowly, willing to try and pass this last task that his lover was going to set before him. Thankfully Rowan was no longer teasing him mercilessly so he had time to recover. Cris breathed in long, slow measured breaths, letting the deep lungfuls of air force his body into a calmer state as Rowan glided gently across the pool.

There was talk of reward again and so once more he nodded in agreement. Rowan lifted him gently and bit down on his neck. Cris moaned and clutched at his companion, holding him tightly as Rowan gently drew on the wound he had made. The calm that he had found fled and his heart pounded like a drum against his chest but, thankfully, he had been given enough time to recover from his earlier near-climax experience to continue to hold out.

"Please, Rowan..." Cris whispered, burying his face in his lover's shoulder. "I want..." He sighed softly; what he wanted seemed to go against the point of the activity. Still he desired it enough to mention it anyway, it mattered more to him than conquering his fears. [I want to be able to see you when I come.] and since they were talking about things he would like to have, he added [and I would very much like for you to come with me when I do.]

The taste of Cris's blood was an aphrodisiac Rowan had not required, but that he was enjoying all the same. He moaned softly against Cris's neck, his arms once more crushing Cris to him as he sucked at the punctures he made for a few seconds longer. He could feel Cris's fingers against his skin, hear Cris's soft answering moan of pleasure. As he drew away, licking gently at the little wounds until they closed, Rowan was struck by just how perfect Cris was for him. Once again. There was simply no one in his life who'd ever had this effect on him. And he suspected no one else ever would.

Rowan continued to hold Cris to him as his partner rested his head on Rowan's shoulder. He listened closely as Cris told him what he wanted, something that went well beyond their positions tonight but then, Rowan had never intended them to push themselves into any specific role. And it was an easy request to grant when it was what he wanted, too.

Holding onto Cris with one arm, he released the other and rested his hand against the side of Cris's face that wasn't pressed against his shoulder.
"I do not think that will be a difficult request to fulfill, love," he murmured back, his lips close enough to Cris's ear to brush against it. "I want to see you too."

His free hand drifted to the back of Cris's neck and stroked gently, fingers massaging lightly. Rowan scanned the little array of toys for what he wanted, finally finding and picking up the lube, abandoning the other things. He had considered using them but right now he just wanted Cris with an intensity that made him ache all over.

[I will do my best, dear one,] Rowan sent to Cris as he pushed off the wall of the pool again and kicked away, this time heading back into shallower water. He put as much emotion as he could into his words, feeling so strongly that he was certain, even with a blindfold on, Cris could feel it. His voice was slightly shaky and his arms, while they held Cris tightly, were trembling a little.

As he glided into the shallow section Rowan felt his shoulders hitch up against the bottom of the pool. Perfect. He pushed them back a little bit more, not concerned about the feel of the concrete behind him. Finally he sat up, with Cris now sitting in his lap. Pulling Cris's hand from around his neck Rowan guided it down to his own straining erection, leaning in to kiss his partner again.

"Feel what you do to me, love," he said. "I think as long as the world exists I will never be able to have enough of you."

Rowan smiled.
"Now, your reward. A choice. We stay like this, and you ride me. Or, because you did so well, you may take me if you like."

He suspected which one Cris would choose, but Rowan wanted him to have the choice. Cris had been pushed up to and nearly beyond every limit he had tonight; he deserved the final say. Either way Rowan would remove the blindfold shortly. He wanted to see his partner, come with him, look into those beautiful, kind blue eyes.