Cold Coffee

Bars were not Navid's style, well other than his own, and one could hardly hang out at work and study. For that Guillaume much preferred a small out of the way little coffee house he'd found. They were open twenty four hours and as long as he bought at least one cup of coffee they'd leave him alone for as long as he wished to remain.

Tonight, his coffee had gone stone cold as he stared through one of his text books. There was just so much going on and he was having trouble concentrating on his classes. His cousin was what was troubling him most. His grandfather, their family alpha, was pushing for both he and Thérèse to return to Europe. He'd been keeping that from her, which was probably the wrong thing to do.

And his cousin was still acting a bit oddly, she'd start to say something and stop and think it through and rephrase it. Or she would give a very short answer, or worse yet change the topic entirely. He hadn't worked that out yet. Thérèse had, however, tentatively broached the idea of introducing him to the sarkis. She was trying to... well she was trying. Which was probably more than one could say of him.

Absently he reached for his coffee, took a swallow, realized how cold it was made a face and a disgusted sound and set it back down. Shaking his head he got up to get a new coffee. Maybe this time he could actually read what he was supposed to be reading for class next week.

Greer Grayson 12 years ago
Greer wondered for perhaps the thousandth time today why lawyers couldn't seem to make it to the twenty first century with the rest of the world and use computer's like normal people. No, he had been down in a file room all day searching for cases that would show precedent for ruling the way they wanted the case to go. So far he had found plenty for the prosecution but that was hardly helpful for his client. He needed to get the man off clean and he needed to get him out on bail. The latter seemed to be easier than the first but neither were a forgone conclusion since the man was convicted of murder. However, the full moon was soon and this particular client was a pack mate. A werewolf turning in a jail cell would be a bad bad thing.

He didn't want to go to the Alpha and have strings pulled but he was running out of time. If Gris couldn't handle it on his own then he was going to have run to the pack for help. He was determined to give it the best try possible first.

To that end he was pulling an all nighter, or several if one wanted to be more accurate. He needed coffee and he needed some fresh air but he couldn't afford to stop working entirely so he brought his laptop and a load of notes on the case with him to a nearby coffee shop. He hoped that caffeine and a change of scenery would cause inspiration to strike.

Catching a glimpse of himself in the cafe's big window, he noticed that he looked like a mess. His suit jacket was still in the office, the tie was hanging loose around his neck and the top two buttons of his shirt were open. Strands of his curly blond hair had fallen out of the low ponytail he wore when he worked and were blowing into his eyes with a light breeze. His face reminded him of a passable zombie make up attempt; thankfully before the flesh started peeling off.

Continuing the zombie impression, Gris shuffled toward the counter at a quarter of his normal speed, his briefcase and laptop feeling like a hundred pound weight in right hand. He stood behind some tall dark haired bloke, noting absently that he had a good figure and a nice ass. Then he did his best not to fall asleep standing up.
Guillaume 12 years ago
He didn't do frilly coffee, ever. Strong, hot, and black was his favorite and this place did it well. Thanking the person behind the counter Navid turned to go back to his books, swearing he would concentrate this time. As he turned Guillaume noticed the man behind him. This was not a Greer that he had seen before. This one looked... dead. It was a look he was actually quite familiar with.

Turning back to the counter he told the woman he'd be taking care of Greer's order as well.

"I hope you were at least run over by a bus."

Guillaume said by way of greeting. It was offered as a rough sort of sympathy rather than a jib or cheap shot.

"I have a table if you don't mind sharing it with some research."

If nothing else Guillaume was of the opinion that Greer should not be driving in his apparent condition. He also noted that without the arrogance Greer was considerably more approachable. Or, at least, Navid was less inspired to do or say something provocative.
Gris blinked at the man who turned around and then turned back to the counter and said he would be paying for his own order as well. He was too tired to protest and nodded when the woman looked to him.

"Double shot of espresso, please." Maybe he would get something more sip-able on the second go around.

His eyes wandered back up to Guillaume and he gave him a half smile. "Thanks... " His dry wit sort of abandoned him. Gris sighed and looked down at the briefcase in his hand by way of an answer, too tired to lift it higher for a more clear illustration.

"No, I was hit by trial research."

He looked in the direction that his pack mate pointed and nodded his head. The espresso was, thankfully, a quick drink to make. Gris had enough time to set his briefcase down on the other side of Guillaume's table and then shamble back towards the counter. He downed the hot mini shot of caffeinated goodness while standing there. Then he ordered another drink, a chai latte with an energy shot. He waited while it was made and then brought it back to the table.

"Thanks again." He pulled out the lap top and leaned around to plug it in to the wall. "If I fall over could you please shove me back upright. I'd hate to have WASD impressed into my cheek while talking to a judge tomorrow." Unless he thought he could somehow garner some sympathy with such a pathetic appearance then it might be worth the humiliation.

"So what are you researching?" He narrowed his eyes in amused suspicion. "You aren't working for opposing counsel are you...?"
Guillaume 12 years ago
Look they could be civil, even his odd attempt at humor and/or sympathy wasn't being misunderstood. It probably said something about him that he got along better with Greer when the blond was apparently out of it. Perhaps this was something he should study. It might make an excellent research paper.

"I hope you hit it back."

He raised his eyebrows a bit as Greer knocked back the espresso, not that he blamed him though.

As Greer waited for his drink Navid wandered back to the table and cleared up some of his notes, as they were spread all over the table and there was no place for Greer to set anything down.

Guillaume half smiled at the quip about the keyboard.

"No, you're right you'd look much better with K L and a semicolon in your forehead."

Shoving a pen behind his ear Guillaume arranged some of his notes.

"Abnormal psychology. Schizophrenia to be specific."

He was wrestling with the symptoms and diagnosis currently. They hadn't gotten into treatment just yet. It was complicated and giving him a bit of trouble. Perhaps that was why his attention had wandered so often this evening.
Gris smiled but shook his head sadly. "No, I'm afraid I simply took the beating, curling up into a fetal position and crying for my mother."

He turned the laptop and frowned at the cheerful wooded background wallpaper. Oh, to be there right now with a nice hammock, a drink in his hand, a nice guy...with a comfy pillow. Sadly, right now paradise would be a dark room with enough space to stretch out in; it didn't even have to be comfortable space.

"Thanks for the fashion advice. I will bear it in mind." Greer was still not quite feeling his witty best but the fresh air and change of scenery were waking him up a bit.

Raising eyebrows at Guillaume's choice of study matter, he said. "The voices tell me that I have no opinion on that whatsoever and can be of no assistance to you."

He cocked his head sideways though and looked more seriously at his pack mate. "So a psychiatrist then? Any particular reason for the subject matter or is it just part of the course you're taking?"

It seemed that people with a passion for things tended to have some experience which gave them that passion for it. Gris wished he could find the same fervor for practicing law. Of course who knows whether Guillaume had that longed for inner fire when it came to treating the world's mental frailties. Perhaps his parents also expected him to be a respectable member of society and psychiatrist was a better way to be a doctor than getting bloody and gory in an ER somewhere.
Guillaume 12 years ago
"Ah, I would have taken you for getting in at least one good punch before calling for your mother. But I have been wrong before and will be again."

Not that he often, if ever, admitted when he was wrong at least not directly. Navid was much more likely to apologize in a more oblique way.

Inclining his head at the thanks he turned his attention back to his notes not at all happy with where this was going. Apparently he was going to need to ask quite a few questions during lecture next week. He couldn't possibly be the only one this confused though. At least he hoped not, it would be embarrassing if he was. Perhaps this is what came of switching countries mid-study. It might be better if he put classes on hold until he returned to Europe... but that could be years at this rate.

He half laughed at the comment about voices.

"You could come in and be a learning aid. I promise you wouldn't have to do anything other than answer questions from two dozen students. Of course, it would have to be pro bono unless you are willing to consider the espresso payment in advance."

The question was hard to answer. His interest in psychology had stemmed from his relationship, such as it was, with his father. Navid had truly wanted to understand what the man had been thinking and why. By the time he'd realized that it wasn't something he could ever learn from his classes it was too late, he was simply fascinated by the subject matter.

"It started out innocently enough, a prerequisite and then I wanted to know what made people tick and now I simply am not sure I can stop. But we have gone over compulsions in depth yet, it could be I'll cure myself next semester and take up a new subject."

He grinned, a little pleased with the small joke. It wasn't much but it amused Navid.

"I promise there is no history of madness in the family if that is your concern."
"Throwing punches just gets you a bunch of paper cuts for your trouble." He was all about fighting back if there was a way to win. "I did consider a blow torch but that would just land me in jail with my client."

Gris pulled up the file notes he had been looking for. These currently consisted a copy of the guy's medical records. Interesting, he had some...a lot actually. That was kind of strange for a werewolf. He looked at the dates on the past incidents and noticed, as he suspected, that they stopped rather abruptly a few years ago. So he was a Nothos then. Not a huge concern and he doubted it would help him in court.

Looking up at Guillaume, he shook his head. "No, no, the voices say that we won't cooperate for anything less than a nice bottle of wine and a good dinner. They have their standards."

He chuckled at the mini obsession that may or may not be cured next semester and shrugged.

"I would say don't go into Law. Its far less interesting than people." Though knowing people and how they think were useful in a court room and at the negotiating table. Gris hummed thoughtfully as he considered that. Maybe he was looking at this all wrong. Maybe there was some way to convince the prosecution that it would be in their best interest to let his client out on bail.

Taking a sip of his chai, Gris stared at the screen for another moment and then looked up at Guillaume again. "I know your cousin so I'm not so sure." He smiled to say he was joking. Gannon might be able to tell more stories on Therese but he personally was rarely allowed to join in the really good, therefore dangerous or potentially foolish, stuff.
Guillaume 12 years ago
"I cannot imagine that would be terribly effective for his defense."

He was half watching Greer and wondered what exactly the case was. If he hadn't been up to his elbows in this he might have asked. Of course there was that whole attorney client privilege thing as well.

"Red or white?"

He asked absently not entirely aware of what he had said as he read through a schizophrenia screening test. All he knew for certain was he could find a good bottle of wine, in fact he had several in his small wine rack at Terminus.

"I would have thought the the law would have been quite interesting. Subtle and nuanced and all that... after all people make the law and interpret it."

Although he didn't really look up as he was now taking an on line test to see if he was showing warning signs for the disease. According to he scored a six and apparently anything below a nine indicated no schizophrenia which was something of a relief. Ever now and then Guillaume was convinced he had whatever condition they were studying. Thank god he had not gone into medicine he would have become a hypochondriac.

He half barked a laugh at Greer's comment though. It was a welcome distraction.

"Then you should be very worried I think she might be the sane one in the family."

Not entirely sane of course, after all she had fallen in love with a married man set up far too many potential problems. But no one was perfect.
"No, probably not..." Greer tried to recall something that the prosecution lawyer had said when they met. Something about how she was sure his client had killed before and would again. He couldn't remember the basis for that opinion however and it was nagging him. He took another sip of his drink and looked up at his companion.

"Oh, I think a nice red would be perfect." His mouth twitched up at the corners and he asked innocently. "It depends on where you are taking me out to dinner." Gris reprimanded himself immediately afterward; he shouldn't flirt with a pack mate. If, and he had no reason to believe he wasn't, Guillaume was straight then it would be awkward and that was a secret he just was not ready to tell anyone but Therese and Gannon. Well, hopefully Guillaume would just laugh it off; after all it was innocent enough and fit with the conversation. He would just have to be careful not to do anything more.

"I suppose it is. I just find it more malleable than I would like sometimes. It helps my clients certainly but the gleam of the law has been tarnished by reality." He tapped the briefcase next to him. "And there is an unending supply of paperwork. They never show -that- on those fancy law serials."

Gris paused his cup to his mouth as Guillaume laughed out loud. It was different, nice. He'd like to hear the man laugh some more. The weariness in the set of the werewolf's shoulders suggested he could use it. Taking the sip of his drink that he had interrupted, Greer carefully set down the cup and then looked across the table. "That is dire news. Have you been displaying any urges to streak naked through the city, howl at the moon or...oh, never mind." He chuckled softly, favoring Guillaume with a private smile to accompany the joke that only one of their kind would understand.
Guillaume 12 years ago
Looking up Guillaume raised an eyebrow, but given what he'd said Guillaume found his lips twisting in a wry smile. That had been unintentional. It could have been worse Greer could have held it against him.

"Red goes well with candle light don't you think?"

He played along with the joke easily. He'd have to watch that he did not want to offend any one. It was easy enough for Guillaume to give his attention over to their conversation of the law.

He nodded in agreement. It wasn't a feeling Navid was unfamiliar with, after all his chosen area of study had plenty of gray areas.

"But if it didn't remain malleable where would we be? You have to allow for change."

Of course, given their first meeting Greer certainly must thing that he was totally unwilling and unable to change. And perhaps he wasn't the most flexible person in the world, somethings shouldn't change.

"The paper work, however, never changes and is hidden by the commercials. That or it will be the next spin off... Law and Order: Paralegals or some such."

He gave a low chuckle at Greer's 'symptoms' inclining his head at the shared joke. It occurred to Guillaume that Greer wasn't all bad when they weren't trying to kill each other or dancing around each other trying to be polite Both times he'd dealt with Greer before his wolf had been very close to the surface, perhaps that had colored his judgment.

"Have you taken this class already?"
"Indeed. I wouldn't have taken you for a romantic. Of course, I suppose most French are. Is there a mandatory course that you take as a child." It was something of a stereotype but one that the French themselves seemed quite proud of.

The conversation about the law was somewhat unexpected. Most people heard that he was a lawyer and then made a face and changed the subject. If you spoke of law very long their eyes glazed over. The only time people were interested was when they needed legal advice and it almost certainly was not in his area of law. He never understood why people felt that he should know every policy on every subject. You wouldn't ask a podiatrist to do your brain surgery so why would you ask a criminal lawyer about your civil case and expect him to know all the answers? He should definitely start charging for legal counsel every time this happened.

"Certainly to an extent; however when it becomes who has the better lawyer instead of who is innocent or guilty for most of the cases you see then you lose some of the respect for it that you might have once had."

He laughed and then clapped his hands like he was calling for a waiter. "Commercial, please! Tell me, do I get writers to come in and do the research for me? Because that would lovely." Greer shook his head at the proposed new episode. "Unless it is heavy on the office drama then I don't see it being a big hit."

Shaking his head, Greer said. "No, that is a course that I have not taken. Perhaps I should study it next. It might help me understand the thought processes of some of my clients."
Guillaume 12 years ago
"I do hate to disappoint but I am only half French, and so only romantic half the time. You have obviously caught me on a good day."

He was too cold, to reserved most of the time and had almost never been accused of being romantic. At least it didn't come naturally to him, he had to make an effort.

He considered this, when put like that it did seem a bit like buying justice, and then there was the American obsession with suing one for everything. It was more like a poker game, who ever had the most money and could hold out the longest won. Guillaume nodded in agreement. But at the same time he half smiled, just briefly.

"But I never said I had respect for it."

If anyone could appreciate the humor in a technicality, a lawyer could.

He chuffed a soft laugh at Greer's antics. The man had far too much personality for a lawyer. Weren't they supposed to be stodgy, or at least stuffy?

"So you are aiming more for the half hour easily syndicated endlessly rerun comedy? Just in it for the money are you?"

He frowned a bit. If this class would help him with his client Greer was in more trouble than he thought.

"Well if it is of some help to you then... I suspect you have a very solid defense. Do you not keep an expert on staff?"

That would seem only logical to have a psychological expert that they routinely consulted with at the very least.
"Hmm, it would appear so." Gris smiled. "So what is the other half? If you don't mind my asking."
He was not sure that the circumstances required a good day or a bad day to catch Guillaume in a different mood but, Greer figured, that it had more to do with situation. Without a large difference of opinion on their hands then they could be civil to each other, or so it would appear. They had managed it briefly before and so far they were doing so again. Perhaps there was still hope for two DuBois Christmas cards this year.

"No, you did not, but the implied person in the scenario would be me since I am the lawyer who has indeed lost respect for the law and the so called justice that is dispensed as a result." Gris shrugged and took another sip of his chai. "I suppose it could be worse. We could have some bored fat king who makes up laws on a whim and different rulings by different lords depending on who it is, what day of the week it might be and whether or not he liked your family."

"Pah, a Grayson is -always- in it for the money...or the power...or the future potential for either, or preferably, both." He frowned thoughtfully. "No, no, today the money appears to be in reality television. I hear there is even a reality show that follows garbage men around. Surely we can film real lawyers doing their work. With careful editing we can make them celebrities." Putting down his cup, Gris spread his hands out to encompass the imaginary screen. "Nachton Legal: Justice Never Sleeps! We would have to find some decent looking lawyers though; some of these guys look more like used car salesmen in cheap ill fitting suits. There is one though who always looks sharp. He'd be perfect actually; He has this very calm enigmatic expression. People would love him. I can see the reporters following him around now." And that would definitely piss Bao off; Gris chuckled to himself at the little imagery of a horde of reporters following the Asian lawyer around asking him inane questions like what kind of shampoo did he use, did he have a girlfriend, has he ever represented anyone famous, etc... Greer wondered if that would cause Bao to lose his legendary calm. Perhaps he would go postal and break someone's expensive camera or, more likely, he would just blink at them silently until they got bored and left.

Gris laughed and shook his head. "Oh, not this particular client. This one is all too sane. Some though; I wonder what possesses them to do the things they do." He shrugged. "The firm has an expert on call, yes."

Leaning forward, he spoke in a hushed voice. "My problem with this one is that he is one of our own." His eyes flickered up to Guillaume to make sure the man caught his meaning. "And the prosecution does not want to let him out on bail." Leaning back, he sighed. "You can see my problem? I have only a few days to resolve it."
Guillaume 12 years ago
Guillaume shrugged. He didn't mind, not really it was more the relationship he had with his mother and the DuBois side of the family that was the issue.

"My mother was Moroccan."

It was second nature for him to refer to her in the past tense. As far as the Pack was concerned she was dead. If he wanted to keep that from being a reality the illusion had to be maintained.

He raised his eyebrows at this little, or not so little, revelation. While the two families had known each other for quite some time, Thérèse had been closer to the Graysons that he. Navid took the information in stride though, listening and digesting. It was hard not to note that Greer seemed rather bitter about things. At least that was his perception, it was possible that he was misreading things, although he doubted it.

In the interest of continuing what was apparently a friendly meeting he didn't not question or pursue that bitterness. He half smiled at the idea of the reality show.

"Perhaps you should schedule an open casting call and see what turns up. You just need five key types to appeal to a majority of demographics. And then it should be money in the bank."

Ah, now that was a problem and one he understood far too well. Navid frowned, picked up his coffee swallowed some of the hot black strong brew and shook his head. No wonder Greer looked a bit beat up. This was something that -had- to be resolved.

"I do not know enough about the law to even pretend to offer advice. What is the problem? Why are they insisting on holding him?"

It wasn't the same in every country but from what he knew in this country you had to have a reason to hold some one. You couldn't do so arbitrarily.
"Did you grow up there or France?" Or somewhere else like so many R'asa, it could be all of the above. He wondered what happened to Guillaume's mother; picking up on the past tense almost subconsciously. The man wasn't very old; his mother wasn't old enough to be dead of natural causes...and werewolves didn't often die of natural causes. Which meant it was probably something violent and Guillaume wouldn't want to talk about it to some stranger, even one who was a pack mate.

He considered the open casting call and shrugged. "I am almost scared at what I would get. We do have the lawyers that have the personality of toast but we also have some real nutcases." Greer sipped the last of his chai and then gave an example. "I know a lawyer who wears a piece of broccoli on his tie for every case. According to him, he went out to lunch right before a big case and spilled a piece of his broccoli cream soup onto his tie. He hadn't noticed and went through the closing statements parading around in front of the jury with this big blob on green on his chest. He won that case. It was his first win and so now he always wears a piece of broccoli." At least now he tucked it behind the knot but it was still quite strange. He had his own superstitions so he was not the person to judge.

"They say he is a flight risk and they believe that he is a danger to another person. Mainly the woman's cousin; who was her room mate. The three of them had a business together and the cousin says she fears that he will go after her next. The prosecution is using that, and his access to his own personal jet, as a reason to keep him locked up." He personally was not entirely certain of the cousin but it was not his job to prosecute the case. Still he was considering looking up a detective to help watch the woman. He was able to track her but he just didn't have time to do it.
Guillaume 12 years ago
He was a little surprised by the question, having assumed that Thérèse would have explained but it wasn't a huge secret so he answered without really thinking.

"Both. We tend to travel between France, Spain, Portugal and Morocco."

He had never quite figured out why his cousin's accent was so much more pronounced than his. Perhaps because she spent more of her formative years in France and he had not. It might have been a certain amount of pride or arrogance, for he had never made any attempt to hold onto any pattern of speech. In fact he worked to blend in and that included dropping and picking up accents where ever he happened to live.

While part of him doubted this broccoli story, Guillaume still found it amusing and gave a a low chuckle. One might not realize, but he did appreciate the absurd. Besides which he set great store in certain rituals and superstition. He would have dismissed it as a pilot thing, they seemed to be a superstitious lot, but it seemed to be more of a wolf thing. One should not taunt the spirits.

"I should be worried about the smell. I would imagine that would put one's clients off."

He frowned although he couldn't really fault the court for believing that a jet created a flight risk. If this had been under other circumstances he would have been amused by the play on words.

"I wish there was some way I could help. There must be some where around this mess."
"Ah" Gris replied when Guillaume explained the travel route that his family tended to take. It was much like any of the R'asa families, his own included. Just not him. Gris had traveled around the US, Canada, Mexico and occasionally other places. Sometimes he would spend vacations in Europe but it was only the rare family event that saw him at home.

He laughed when Guillaume made a very practical observation about the lawyer and his piece of broccoli. "Ah, well, perhaps that might be a problem had he decided that it must also be cooked in order to work. These days he just has a small piece of raw greenery for his tie." It reminded him of Doctor Who and the bit of celery stuck to the lapel of the fifth Doctor.

Shaking his head, Greer shrugged his shoulders. "Honestly I don't know. The man can't fly the plane if he didn't have access to it then perhaps that would make a difference but I suppose they will say he has enough money to charter another one." He sighed and tilted his head back to look up at the ceiling. There was a pencil stuck in the tile. Gris pointed at it with a small chuckle. "I guess I have not been the only frustrated person to sit here."

What if he could convince the prosecution that it was worth the flight risk to let him out on bail. Their case against his client was fairly shaky; they expected to lose, unfortunately for Greer and his werewolf client, the trial was well after the full moon. "Maybe if we could make them think he was going to do something that would reveal his motive perhaps even provide further evidence..." Misleading them would be difficult, not only because they needed to take the bait but he also couldn't cross the line into the illegal himself.
Guillaume 12 years ago
"And you? You do not strike me as being a local.”

He never would have met Thérèse if he were. And Navid couldn't help but bey a little curious how Greer had meet and become friends with his cousin. She was very particular and not always the easiest person to get to know. It was a minor mystery.

"Ah well raw that makes it perfectly acceptable.”

He snorted a laugh into his coffee cup.

"Perhaps some one should get him a broccoli shaped tie pin. It would be more practical, and stylish.”

It seemed a narrow minded view to take, it was as if they were irrationally determined to hold this man. Guillame thought wryly to himself that this was apparently not a case of money buying 'justice'. As he pondered he glanced up and his lips quirked into a smile at the pencil stuck into the tile.

"Perhaps they too came to a successful conclusion though.”

Frowning intently he found himself asking questions. Guillaume was finding that he liked Greer, when they weren't on opposite sides of an argument, and the did want to help.

"Couldn't the court freeze his accounts, or he surrender his passport?”

He didn't even suggest house arrest or an ankle monitor. Once the man shifted the monitor would fall off, if it didn't there would be no way to explain the man's actions for those three nights. And of course, it was very likely that Greer had already attempted these options. But that didn't mean he

That was a bit drastic, but Guillaume could understand why Greer was considering such options.

"Do you need an 'eyewitness' or a 'reliable source'?”

It wouldn't be the first time he'd done something marginally legal. Of course he would also be trusting Greer to keep him from getting into too much trouble, or at least get him out of it. If his offer was accepted, Greer would also be trusting him not to give anything away. They could both wind up in a very bad spot.
Gris shrugged and tried to cover the first bitter response that popped to mind at Guillaume's question. He was certainly far more local than he would have liked. "My family lives in England. I have been here at various boarding schools for a while." A long while, most of his life really.

He considered the broccoli tie pin and shook his head. "I doubt he would consider that it had the same magical properties if it were made of metal and not broccoli but who knows. I wonder if someone has tried that tactic before."

Glancing back up at the pencil in the ceiling, Gris answered his pack mate's remark. "One can hope."

The suggestions were good ones but he shook his head. "Their answer was that he had many friends, also wealthy. I guess they expected these rich compatriots would be willing to risk their comfortable living to help out someone accused of murder." Considering that some of those people were also R'asa then it was likely that they would risk themselves for one of their own but that certainly wasn't normal for wealthy men.

Smiling, he reached across the table and clasped Guillaume's wrist briefly. "Thank you for the offer." He leaned back and tapped his finger thoughtfully against his bottom lip. "I think it would be more believable coming from his own mouth..." Gris smiled. "They take him for a fool, a rich one but stupid none the less." The man was not nearly the idiot they took him for but he was wise enough to let them continue thinking so. "I think I can get him to make a phone call and say enough leading things that they can be convinced to take my next plea for releasing him on bail with the assurance that he will show up at the trial."

Gris gathered his things and stood. "I appreciate the company and the conversation. It was helpful." Now he needed to go put some things in place. He had a friend in the Legion who had friends in the prison system. He could get him to go in and get a message to his client. On the way back to his firm Gris would have to come up with the best way to hint at the right things and still have it later turn out to be a perfectly legitimate and innocent conversation. Word play was easy enough now that he had a goal in mind. The prison will have recorded the man's phone call and then it would just be a matter of making sure the prosecution got a copy of it. That shouldn't be hard at all.

"I don't know that I was helpful with your studying, perhaps if this goes well then I can come be your case study for the bottle of wine and dinner." Greer smiled at Guillaume, giving the man a tiny farewell salute before picking up the ceramic mug and taking it back to the counter.

The caffeine had finally hit his system or perhaps it was the result of having a plan; either way he had better do something with the renewed burst of energy before it wore off.

((OOC: Gris Out ))
Guillaume 12 years ago
That struck him as unnatural, to be so separated from one's family. It was one of the issues he'd had with Thérèse coming to Nachton alone. He felt a tiny bit better about things now that he was here, they at least had each other even if the relationship was a bit strained right now. But rather than say anything and merely inclined his head in answer.

"I'm sure you can get it blessed by a priestess of a broccoli cult. There must be one on line."

One could find everything on line.

He sighed as the ideas had apparently already been tried. At least he hadn't hurt anything by offering the suggestion and it seemed that his packmate had a plan which was encouraging. He had no idea how one would cover up a man in prison becoming a wolf. Especially if said wolf embraced the madness of the full moon. It would be... not pretty.

Guillaume was slightly startled when Greer touched his wrist. But it was a natural gesture of thanks. With out realizing it he smiled, pleased to have been of some help, even if it wasn't much or just as a sounding board or a source of caffeine. Every little bit helped.

"The class will wait longer than he will." He half laughed, perhaps only a quarter of a laugh really, "We shall talk about drinks and dinner once you have him out."

As Greer left with a sigh Navid turned back to his books he had to get this done soon. Midterms were coming up after all.

((OOC... out too))