Return to the Manor

The motorcycled roared up the long winding drive to the Manor, the powerful engine growled loudly as it tore up before the main doors and came to a stop. Talon cut the engine and set the brake and kickstand. He thre one massive leg over and dismounted the huge Motorcycle. He looked quite the wildman at the moment, his hair wind blown his leather jacket unfastened revealing the rippling muscles beneath since earlier he'd had to abandon his shirt. The scars of many a battle could be seen from time to time as he moved and the jacket swung open a bit at a time. The cord around his neck swung as he walked, the vampire teeth that hung there a reminder of his sinister prowess. The heavy leather pants that hugged his powerful legs made no noise as he walked, nor did his knee high motorcycle boots, thier soles long broken in to the manner in which he stalked.

Approaching the doors he pushed them open and entered into the foyer again, the second time this night. This time he walked right through it twords the scent of the kitchen which his well trained nose could detect with ease. He softly whistled a tune as he walked down the long and decorative hallway, it comforted him, appearing and feeling so out of place amongst the finery, there had been a time when he lived in similar environ's, once when he thought to live like an English lord, he had given it a good go, but could never quite feel comfortable. Besides he scared most of the elegant fops with his tendancy to growl. Needless to say, his lordship hadn't worked out.

He entered the Kitchen and honed in on the refridgerator. he walked up to it and opened the door. Selecting two beers from the sparse supply he closed the door and again let darkness fill the room. He twisted off the cap and stared out the window while he took his first sip, washing the stale taste of the nights kill from his mouth.

He found his thoughts wandering to Amberelle, perhaps she was why he was here.. Elise had always been a mysterious one, unlike any other Kindred he had ever met, he did not doubt that if she so willed it, she could infulence others even over a great distance, such was her power. Though she never used it overtly, if you never studied her you'd think he mearly a kindred of decent age with little or no power of her own. To be so mistaked had been the death knell of several of her would be enemies.

had she manipulated events to put them both here at the same time? no matter what, he had given his word to elise that he would protect her brood.. so all this musing really only served to frustrate him, what did it matter how it had happened, it simply had. Talon shook his head and tried to clear his mind, Vanni's wisdom crossing his mind.. 'Yours it not to Question, your purpose is to Do' this simple bit of advice had help shaped all that he had become over the years. At the same time Hideki's words burst into his mind '7 breath's my Gaijin friend, any descion can be made in the span of seven breath, to question yourself is the path of the fool'

'seems my age is catching up with me, i'm starting to think too much' he smirked at that thought, he knew several who would not believe he had the capicity for thought, some of which found out the truth the hard way.

Talon smiled out the window while he opened the next bottle, standing in darkness starting out into the night sky.

Amberelle DeEspionne 18 years ago
Amberelle was exhausted. She'd spent hours tonight going up and down the strip shopping. She'd discovered when you pack and leave in a hurry that a lot of things just don't fit in a couple of small suitcases or else get forgotten in haste. The hassle of finding places to stuff everything in her studdenly far too small closet had seemed to take hours more.

Shutting the door to her now overflowing closet she sighed and rolled her head, trying to work out some of the stiffness in her neck. Her bare feet padded softly across the cool tiles and she plopped down at her bathroom vanity and made a face in the mirror at her messy hair.

Growing up, her friends had always cooed enviously over the naturally streaked blonde hair, thick, wavy and quick to grow. To her it was an annoying mess, not straight, not curly, unwilling to stay in any style for long and always a stray strand falling into her face. Flipping her hair forward she brushed it quickly into a big ponytail and secured it tightly.

Quickly she wiped her face down, removing make up and the city's grime. Her bare skin was smooth. Studying it, she mused that she could easily get away with wearing no make up but while that might be enjoyable it certainly wouldn't fit with the image she tried to project.

Wiggling her glittery aqua blue painted toes, she stretched out her legs and then stood. Her stomach growled painfully and she winced.

I won't be able to put off feeding much longer.. She sighed. It was such a horrible, guilty.. ecstacy. Shaking her head to clear the thought, she turned to study herself in the mirror. Amberelle slid her hands into the back pockets of her cut offs and squeezed her rear. It looked good, nice and perky. That made her giggle. Her eyes drifted up and she thrust her chest out, making the tank top strain across her breasts. 'Definatly could be worse.' she thought. 'I'd do me.. hell I have, often.' She burst out giggling, walking out to the bedroom and looking around.

She was restless, and another gurgle in her belly prompted her to seek out a midnight snack from the kitchen. Turning her head to Louis, who was sprawled out on the pillows in a small nest, Amberelle raised an eyebrow at him.

'Coming?' she asked her friend mentally. He responded with a huge yawn and blinked at her before resting his chin down on his paws. 'Guess not..'

The house was quiet and she walked along, humming to herself. When she made her way into the kitchen there wasn't much light to see by, but she knew her way to the fridge well enough, she just kept a hand outstretched to make sure she didn't run into anything.
Thaddeus Grey 18 years ago
Thaddeus removed the large tome carefully from his bookshelf and dusted it off. It was leather bound, with pages thin to the point of translucent. It would take him some time to find the passage he was looking for, but Thaddeus did not mind; he would enjoy the quiet reading. He walked to his bedroom to fetch the duffle bag that was already quickly filling with items, and slipped the book inside, on top of a long, narrow wooden box.

He knew he should leave, and soon, but it was as always difficult to separate himself from the manor. He was of half a mind to search again for Mai, but that would only make leaving twice as hard as it already was. Instead, he wandered aimlessly through the familiar halls he had called home for the better part of his immortal life. He could walk through these halls with his eyes closed, though why he would have such a foolish inclination he did not know. There was a rightness to the width of the hallways, the sound of his shoes on the tiles and carpets that he walked over; he wondered if the rightness was within or without. He thought perhaps it was a little of both.

Reluctantly, he made his way to the kitchen, planning to cut through it and the grounds to the sewer exit; the kitchen was typically lightly used save by the butlers and servants, and he felt few of his clansmen would see him by that route. Then he could run other errands on his list and return home.

He stepped into the kitchen only to find the fridge door opened. He allowed his eyes a moment to adjust to the light, and sighed inwardly.

I suppose I was wrong.

Discreetly placing his bag on the floor while he saw how this would play out, he inclined his head slightly and tried to smile easily.

Good evening. I take it you are getting settled in comfortably here?
Talon 18 years ago
Talon turned to regard amberelle when she walked into the darkened room, cocked his head to the side and watched her search out the refridgerator 'she can't see in the dark?' he thought, then remebered she was still young yet.. he watched her open and search the interior of the fridge for a moment when the other door opened and the foppish one from the cathedral earlier in the night walked in.. '...Thaddus was his name?'
when he gentleman spoke he wasn't sure if he was addressing Amberelle or himself, possibly both..

his turned his gaze back to the window, now regarding their reflections in the glass.. attempting to appear aloof, but inwardly he was intrigued by both of them..

"Evening" he said quietly
Bent over into the large refrigerator as she perused its limited contents, she sighed to herself. She was standing with the door open, butt in the air, enjoying the nice rush of cool air on her skin. The door behind her swung open and she heard someone enter. Stiffening slightly she tilted her head to the side and listened. A bag thumped onto the ground.

Thaddeus' voice.. 'Good evening. I take it you are getting settled in comfortably here?' Ahh yes the formal one, friend of Sorin. She made a sour face into the refrigerator and shut the door. Her pulse jumped and she swallowed hard when she heard Talon reply from just a few feet away from her.

Turning to face them, she crossed her arms over her chest to hide the visible reaction to the cool air. 'Damn darkness..' With a faint frown of concentration she willed the faintest start to her shapeshifting, allowing her eyes to change to a more feline, and sensitive, state.

Bonne soirée, mon frangins.

((OOC)) She said 'good evening, my brothers'
Perhaps he simply wanted to stay in the Manor for a few more minutes. Maybe he thought Talon and Amberelle would ask too many questions if he made a quick and discreet exit with the duffle bag in hand. Thaddeus was not entirely sure what his motivations were as he slid into a chair at the kitchen table, pushing out another chair with his foot for the lady.

Who, he could see, may have found quarters, but clearly had found little in the way of clothing. Still, he'd seen more scandalous sights in the past few days, things that would make her look almost conservative. The brute, however, looked like he would fit right in at the House of Pain. He found himself wondering what Max the bouncer had made of him. It was clear enough what Simon had made of the man. He wondered what brought these two to the kitchens, and decided that as the brute didn't appear to be moving and the lady was watching him with careful eyes, he may as well make conversation. He smiled pleasently.

Are you two coming or going?
Talon 18 years ago
Talon couldn't help but grin as he checked out Amberelle in the reflection 'well i gotta say, whoever made her does good work' he thought to himself.

Turning around to regard The fop he kept his expression neutral 'after all, I dont want to scare the poor thing, he might faint'

he raised one leg up and slid onto the counter so he was sitting regarding the occupants of the room as he sipped his beer..

Thaddeus
Are you two coming or going?

"I'm just returning from a night out.." he glanced between the two.. and his gaze setteled on Thaddeus "But it looks like your leaving.... neighborhood going downhill to fast for ya?" he smirked..
She slipped around the chair, murmmering a soft thank you and plopped into the seat with what she thought was a decent amount of grace, under the circumstances. Elbows propped on the counter edge with hands folded in and dangling, she turned her head and smiled at Thaddeus. Her eyes slid past him to study Talon for a second before she locked her gaze back onto the man beside her.

I was just hunting for a little midnight snack so to speak.. as for him She nodded to Talon He must have already been sulking around in the dark here when I walked in.

Amberelle's heart was pounding. She could smell leather, sweat, beer, a smokey tobacco and the sweet coppery scent of his night's kill on the wild beast-man across from her. The mixture waifed over and filled her with it's almost intoxicating aroma. She needed to feed, it was the only reason she was fighting the urge to pounce over and start licking his neck and chest, she told herself firmly. 'Then why do I feel so flushed?' she wondered to herself and quickly moved to block that train of thought.

Are you taking a trip, Thaddeus?
Please don't break the counter. Oh, he's sitting on the counter.

Thaddeus let out a breath of relief when the counter did not break under the weight of the massive man before him. The noise that could create would bring the whole of the manor running in this direction, and he could do without the attention.

Neighborhood going downhill too fast? If only that were the case. He was leaving for a far worse neighborhood than this by anyone's definition, and even if he did not come by the best of first impressions by these two, they were part of his home.

I am pleased to hear you are finding your way about the city well enough. As for myself, even a man of your stature could not hope to keep me away from this Manor for long.

He turned his attention to the lady sitting beside him and smiled.

A short hiatus only. I am staying close by, and wish only for a bit more time to...myself.

Thaddeus felt it best to keep the story consistent, though the blush was real enough this time. Then his expression turned more serious as he regarded the Anantya woman, considering the implications of her suggested late night snack.

Be mindful of where you hunt. The city streets hold danger from humans and rogue vampires alike. I would advise you stay close to Anantya territory. I would insist on it if you intend to go alone, but that is not for me to say.

He shivered involuntarily. He had heard terrible stories of the sorts of things that happened to young women in the alleyways. He raised his eyebrow at Talon then, to see if he had caught his meaning.
Amberelle bristled at Thaddeus' stern warnings. She knew the man meant only the best, but she hated when people thought her some helpless dumb blonde. The young man's blush and apparent embarassment were quickly forgotten as she fumed.

Actually, I meant more like a steak or a sandwich. I wasn't planning on feeding tonight. Whenever I finally start hunting in town I will remember that but.. I can take care of myself. She eyed the blonde up and down and wondered to herself who took care of Thaddeus when the scary big men came after him. He looked the type to scream and run with bent wrists in the air. She stiffled a snort and looked away, over at Talon.

He finished his beer with a loud belch and crumpled the can in his massive hand, tossing it across the kitchen into a waste can with a thud. The other hand was popping the top on his second beer.

In the faint moonlight that came into the kitchen, his hair gleemed softly. His face was stubbled, he hadn't shaved in a while obviously. She wondered how scratchy it would feel on her neck.. Amberelle bit her lip. 'Sacrebleu! What is wrong with me??'
Talon 18 years ago
Thaddeus advice was good advice he decided
'maybe I misjudged this one' the thought. noting the concern in Thad's voice.

"The streets can be a mean place for those not prepared for them" Talon said pointedly, looking at them both, they were both far younger than he and Anantya as well, he did have a duty to watch over them..

he sipped his beer once again, he glanced at the bag Thaddeus had set down upon his entry into the room, smelled like dust and leather, and...wood? 'heh.. and he I thought he was running off to meet someone, smells like he's got something to sell..' then why did he blush? Talon wondered.. then caught himself 'there you go, thinking again!' he mentally scolded himself, the lad was Order of Night after all, there always scurring here and there..

he dismissed the questions that had formed over the bag's contents, 'none of my buisness anyway, least ways until it becomes my buisness' he pondered.. 'looks like a smart enough kid, at least he looks like he'll avoid danger at all costs... her...i'm not so sure'

he realized then that he had been watching the two of them intently for a few minutes, not saying anything..
he shook his head, trying to appear that he had been lost in thought and his studying them had only been coincedance..

"So you been here awhile eh? any advice for newcomers?" he said, with only a trace of sarcasm.
'I can take care of myself.'

Famous last words indeed. And not for the first time, Thaddeus wondered when he had become so morbid. He nodded in solemn agreement with Talon's words.

I meant no offense; I simply wished to make you aware of the dangers, and of the fact that you are not alone in Anantya. I believe you can take care of yourself. You are not, however, forced to.

Though this was clearly an awkward moment, Thaddeus was relieved to find the discussion remaining civil. It was refreshing to find a well spoken lady underneath the veneer of skimpy clothing and overdone appearances.

Hoping the matter would not be the cause of more tension, he turned and addressed both Talon and Amberelle. He could think of a good many warnings and cautions in this city, but they all sounded hollow in his ears; some things, he supposed, you just had to experience. And so instead of filling the newcomer's heads with stories of terror, he smiled.

This can be a mad city at times. Whatever happens, though, at the end of the night your clan is here for you.
Amberelle was fuming. She resisted the urge to jut her lip out and sulk. Obviously she looked completely helpless and weak. It infuriated her that she could be seen like that. While yes, it served a purpose to appear so with some people.. Gustav had been too shrewd as much as she tried... but she didn't want to be thought of as such a person. Especially now that she was on her own.. that was the last impression she wanted to be making!

She lifted her eyes from boring holes into the counter back to Thaddeus when he began to speak again.

'This can be a mad city at times. Whatever happens, though, at the end of the night your clan is here for you.'

Your clan is here for you. His words struck a chord in her. She'd never been able to believe she wasn't alone, on her own, before.. it was always her against the rest of the world. Granted, Elise had always been there to try and protect her.. but even as much as Amberelle loved her grandmere she never doubted that the woman would turn on her if she thought it was for the best.

She wanted to believe Thaddeus' words. But her logic told her it was a crock. Her eyes searched his face. It seemed sincere. Or he was an excellent liar. She'd met many of those.

I.. thank you for your kindness, Thaddeus. I must say no one has ever offered to be there for me before. It's why I learned to take care of myself.

She was getting a little light headed and thought about excusing herself. But this was the first time she'd spent any amount of time with her own kin who weren't revolting to her. She wanted more conversation, a feeling of belonging. It was so nice. A soft, tired sigh escaped her lips. Then her stomach growled loudly, demanding attention. She blushed profusely.
Talon 18 years ago
Amberelle
I.. thank you for your kindness, Thaddeus. I must say no one has ever offered to be there for me before. It's why I learned to take care of myself.

Talon snorted at that comment "If your Elise's greatchild as you say then thats rubbish, Elise would be there, unless your a brat or something"

Talon produced his steel cigar case and went through the little ritual bringing the cigar to life..

Talons eyes locked onto Amberelle's when her stomach growled
"When's the last time you fed?" he asked her directly..
For your information you smartass.. Grandmere never offered she just did. There is a difference. And.. when I last fed is.. is none of your business. She clenched her jaw and stared at him, topaz eyes meeting cerulean. His gaze bored into her and try and she might after a minute her stare faltered and fell to the counter.

Umm.. I really don't remember.. I think right before I left New Orleans. A few days.. a week.. She shrugged lightly.
In spite of Talon's rather rude speaking, Thaddeus stayed quiet, interested in hearing more about Amberelle's lineage. Her gratitude for his words made him both proud of his Clan and concerned that this was the first she had seen of its spirit, and he found himself curious about her origins and her story.

Perhaps a visit to the offices of the Rose was in order. But Thaddeus wasn't sure risking a confrontation to satisfy his curiosity was a good idea.

Pulling out of his reverie, he found the conversation had taken a more intense turn; the lady had become upset, and was now fuming over what would have been a well intentioned question coming from anyone else. But at her answer, he understood; the trip to Nachton had clearly been stressful, and while perhaps normally a week was not unusual for her, she needed to feed. It was, perhaps, affecting her mood, though Thaddeus had to admit that he might have responded to Talon with even more venom than Amberelle had.

She was, however, clearly a proud woman. Thaddeus could respect that, and moreover could understand the desire for privacy when it came to feeding, something that he personally felt was no one's business but his own these days. She probably wouldn't accept if he offered to go ask Morrigan for some of her chilled blood supply, not when she still appeared strong enough to hunt. He smiled gently.

Time gets away from us all sometimes; all too often one doesn't think about such things until it is urgent.

He met Talon's eyes and silently asked his thoughts on the matter. He was of the Hunt and would likely know the best source for her, if not the most tactful way to bring it up.
Talon 18 years ago
Despite his accusority Tone a Look of concern was reflected in his eyes.. 'fool child, still wrestling with her conscience it would seem' he'd seen it before, espically in younglings.. there desire to be human once again kept them from giving in to thier hunger.. only to increase their suffering..

Thaddeus
Time gets away from us all sometimes; all too often one doesn't think about such things until it is urgent.

he listened to the thoughtful way Thaddeus had worded the statement, not scolding but letting his opinion he known.. 'the kids got a way with people' he thought, his respect for this one growing, though he wasnt about to let him know that..

"If you dont have the strength or the patience The forest on the edge of the estate has some large game that you could take and use as a patch until you can hunt properly, or maybe they have some Vitea here on ice, if you go in for that kind of thing"

his eyes shifted between the two, as he sunk back into the shadows.. His Cigar casting an orange glow upon his features as he drew in the smoke..

"You could proabably use some meat on your bones too" he said, looking to Thaddeus..
'Amazing.. do they both have to tell me to hunt? It's not like I'm some stumbling fledgeling just turned a night ago. But.. I guess they are well meaning..' Amberelle chewed on her bottom lip in thought. She was atually pretty lucky she decided, most members of the clan would probably ridicule her for choosing not to enjoy the blood that was, in their minds at least, their right to feast upon as Anantya. Sometimes she wished she'd been turned an Evenhet.. 'Well maybe not'

After thinking over their words she realized they must be expecting some sort of response. She smiled sweetly at them both, and patted Thaddeus' arm.
I prefer not to hunt animals, there isn't much.. sport.. to that. I like my prey to have earned their fate.
'Oh like that didn't sound lame' she sighed to herself 'I should be the great hunter, human are cattle blah blah.. ugh.'

And anyway! It is only a few hours until dawn.. I doubt I have time to travel to town, feed and get back before sunrise.
Thaddeus allowed for a self depreciating grin as he addressed Talon's point. It was valid enough, though he would have appeared slight in any case compared to the larger man.

Yes, I've been told as much before. I have time.

She is right. It is nearly dawn; I need to get going, and soon, if I want to get back to the apartment tonight. Not to mention escaping the cigar smoke would be nice right about now.

Still, I don't think something from the refrigerated supply would be amiss. If you are interested?

Thaddeus looked at Amberelle questionably. Perhaps if he had something as well, she would be more likely to feed, though he understood the need to hunt as well as gain sustenance. For Thaddeus, feeding was a basic vampire need, not a game or a thrill, but it was also a time to sharpen his abilities and ensure he used the Command consistently enough to control it. It was also something he made an effort to be responsible about, but seemed to become buried under other obligations all too easily.

/ooc just fyi, Thaddeus can't RP outside the manor since he's already in another public thread. Otherwise he wouldn't be such a heel and would just admit he needed to eat and offer to hunt with Amberelle.
Amberelle made a little yuck face and then shrugged.

I guess.. As much as I dislike the stuff, it wouldn't be the first time I've had some 'dinner in a bag'. You mean there is some of that here? I didn't picture many of our clansmembers as being into eating that.. type.

She sighed. A bit wistfully, she said Back home in New Orleans, everyone likes to pretend to be a vampire, it's fashionable. There were clubs of goth boys and girls who would offer their neck to you.. not to mention the tourists just loved to 'play'. It was never hard to find an easy umm.. 'snack'.

She smiled, remembering wandering the cemetaries at night looking for the little groups of wanna bes and pseudo vampires. Usually they were more about trying lounge about, or to desicrate the tomb tops, which she'd helped with more than a time or two. Her smile deepened and she shook her head to clear away some of the more.. enjoyable.. memories.

((OOC - Heh I know, it was why she didn't suggest he show her someplace good ))
Talon 18 years ago
Talon's face stayed hidden in the resesses of the shadowed kitchen, in an effort to hide the smile he wore, listening to the two speak. Despite his gruff attitude, it brought him no small measure of comfort to be amongst his own kind..

Perhaps this place could be a home to him after all, he would simply have to take on the role of The Brute once again, at least it gave him a clear idea of the role he would play, of where in the scheme of things he would fit..

"Given your options I'd recomend you take him up on his offer" Talon said to Amberelle..

regarding Thaddeus he gave the man a brief nod, as if to give thanks to the younger man..

he did seem slightly relieved when she accepted, 'Have to be careful, my non-bastard side is showing' he thought with a smirk as he tapped the cigar ash into the empty beer bottle.