An Evening Out

"Honest to God I don't know what the judges were thinking. It made no sense, I mean if last seasons winner wasn't enough to make me question their integrity..."

It was Friday night and rather than being out on the town, living the high life, carousing, hunting and/or seducing innocent victims or any of the things a thousand plus year old vampire was 'supposed' to do Eiryk was walking down the strip with his human boyfriend bitching about what they'd watched on TV the night before. Guess which one he'd rather be doing. Although, he was still dressed to the nines, that part of the stereotype at least, was safe.

As to the matter of reality TV Eiryk shrugged and quit rambling for a second, letting Alex get a word in edge wise.

They had one or two places to be tonight and the first was Eiryk's studio. He had an appointment with a client of the nocturnal persuasion tomorrow night and had, as he'd been in a hurry to curl up with Alex and watch TV the night before, he'd forgotten the portfolio. And as he needed to make some calls and a few changes to the sketches, Eiryk had to have it tonight. It also seemed as good an excuse as any to show off the... well show room to his boyfriend.

Alex Aristos 12 years ago
Alexander shrugged and grinned at Eiryk. "I can't disagree," he said. "Frankly, if you have to refer to your creation as a 'weewee pad dress,' I think you should take a few steps back and re-evaluate the direction you're going in. I'm amazed he's still there after that one, let alone last night's."

He strolled along beside Eiryk, hand linked comfortably in his boyfriend's. He had to be at his store tomorrow so he couldn't stay up horribly late, but he had jumped at the opportunity to come along with Eiryk to his studio. He had yet to visit it and he was curious what it looked like.

He and Eiryk didn't have everything in common, but the one thing they both liked was reality TV. In particular, Project Runway, a show which never ceased to entertain them by making them both love and hate certain aspects at the same time. It was impressive.

Maybe the most enjoyable, though, was the inevitable after-show bitch session they both seemed to have so much fun engaging in. Alex loved watching Eiryk get more and more agitated when he disagreed with the judging; it gave his boyfriend an outlet, something to dump his often excessive banks of energy into. You know, when they weren't screwing.
Eiryk 12 years ago
"If one of my designers did that, they'd be out on the streets in a heart beat!"

Actually, they'd be taken off of any future project and giving tuition assistance and a mentorship to get their skills back on track. The odds were very good that Eiryk wouldn't actually fire them. Apparently he was a bit of a soft touch.

But he raved and waved his free hand about to emphasize his point before shuddering delicately at the mere mention of the wee-wee pad dress.

"I wouldn't even let Thora wear that. Chew it up, use it for its intended purpose yes... but wear no."

It was Friday and according to the schedule, which Eiryk checked every evening with his first cup of coffee, one designer was on vacation one was out on a house call, every one else worked days. The only person in should be his assistant, who he intended to throw at Alex and make her take some yoga classes and not just talk about it.

They shops surrounding his studio were all very art related, glass blowing, galleries, there was a new place that did some beautiful silk screening that he needed to make contact with, and the like. Eiryk walked a little more slowly letting Alex do some window shopping if he wanted.
Alex smiled at Eiryk. "No they wouldn't." He laughed softly at his partner's false hard stance. Eiryk would never fire one of his carefully-selected employees. He was too kindhearted to do so, especially given the fact that Eiryk seemed to have been very picky about who worked for him to begin with.

"Fortunately Thora has the good taste to lean toward doing those things anyway," Alex pointed out. The rapidly growing kit had shown very little interest in being clothed and far more in shredding any such clothing. She chewed on everything in sight and Alex thought it was a damn good thing Eiryk could actually speak to her and tell her what not to chew on. Otherwise the two of them would be out several pairs of shoes and, for Eiryk especially, that would be catastrophic.

He looked at his boyfriend, as always, dressed fashionably. Eiryk could wear anything well. Then he looked down at himself and shook his head slightly, wondering what Eiryk saw in him. He was the opposite... his jeans were faded and worn, his tee snug across his chest with a sarcastic saying on the front, like usual. His faded Converses were starting to get a hole in them. He should probably buy another pair. But his clothes were comfortable, and he liked them. Eiryk had never complained.

"So, think we should try you out on a pair of stilts?" He said, referring to the show they'd just watched last night. Alex grinned. Eiryk on his own feet was bad enough. Eiryk on stilts seemed like the potential for mass destruction. Godzilla-style.

While they walked Alex looked into the windows of the storefronts they passed. This was a pretty upscale, artsy area. He paused in front of a pottery shop.
"Nice," he murmured, "I always kinda wanted to try that."

They moved on after a few minutes though. Alex really wanted to see where Eiryk worked. They could browse the Strip afterward.
Eiryk 12 years ago
Eiryk tried to look tough and intimidating. He could pull the look off but tonight he apparently lacked the inspiration and motivation because he just looked like he had a headache. The attempt didn't look bad and he lapsed back into his easy friendly expression.

"That is because she is highly intelligent and has learned from our good example what taste is."

Truthfully he had never really noticed that Alex looked like he dressed out of a very different closet than he did. The t-shirts always fit well and everything was neat and clean. It wasn't like Alex was a slob or anything.

Eiryk turned a look on Alex for that but it melted into a laugh.

"Just want to see those fantastic powers of regeneration in action don't you? Let's find my lawyer and check on my insurance first. I do subscribe to you break it you bought it."

Although the idea, just the idea, scared the crap out of him. Enough so that he tripped over the curb and stumbled forward a step or two before Alex could steady him.

"I'm sure we could try something like that. It would be fun."

And he couldn't break it before it was fired. Wouldn't that be a nice change of pace.

Soon enough they came on a solid wooden door with a brass plaque next to it that said simply "Jensen Designs". Eiryk pulled it open and called out cheerfully.

"Esi, I'm home!"

A second later a tiny little tooth pick of a woman came around the corner and scolded him.

"And you're here because you forgot the Carpenter account. I know I reminded you about that three times last night." With nary a pause for a breath the African woman turned her attention to her boss's companion. "And you must be Alexander. It is a pleasure to finally meet you can I get you anything?"

"Oh... she likes you. That's good. Oh Esi is the one who got the food for us that weekend on the boat. She is a marvel it pays to keep her happy."

He teased both boyfriend and employee, and he just -knew- Esi was giving him her 'death look' but she was a sweet heart and didn't mean it, as he picked up the mail that had been left in Esi's 'In Box'.

His studio was essentially one big room. There were desks and drafting boards artfully scattered about the room where each designer worked and a three little conference rooms in the back, as well as a huge storage room where Eiryk stashed good finds.

The room they were standing in now though was something of Eiryk's own devising. While it was rather minimalistic he'd divided the room into quadrants each quietly demonstrating a different style of design. He re-did the quadrants on a regular basis just to keep the studio fresh. Right now it was 1950s modern, Art Deco, a generic Asian, and Cape Cod.
Alex laughed. "You have taste," he said. "I just have the good luck to have avoided being a complete fashion disaster."

That, and he read magazines. Lots of magazines. Alex's parents had ingrained in him at a very early age the importance of blending in. As he'd shown a flair for flamboyance they'd buried it under a boatload of 'be normal' teachings. Now Alex had a hard time thinking outside the box in most areas of his life but clothing in particular threw him.

"Well technically you're breaking it," Alex pointed out. Then he rolled his eyes upward thoughtfully. "Can you break a whole city?"

He gestured to the area around them with his free hand.
"Think of it! You could own Nachton!"

He caught Eiryk as he stumbled and pulled him upright before he could fall. Lacing his arm around his partner's waist he tugged him close.
"Okay let's try it some time." Pottery seemed like a reasonably safe hobby for them to take up.

As they came to the studio Alex took in the plain door, the plaque on the front. Very sedate, very classy. He was interested to see what was inside, and his curiosity was soon satisfied. He didn't have time to comment before they were greeted by Eiryk's assistant, a small dark-skinned woman whom Eiryk had told him about a long time ago.

"Yes, I am. It's nice to meet you too, Eiryk's told me a lot about you. I'm fine."

He smiled at Esi when Eiryk further filled him in on Esi's role in their boat outing.
"Thank you, Esi. The food was delicious. We both really enjoyed it."

Well, aside from the shellfish thing, but how could she have known about that when Eiryk himself hadn't actually given it any thought?

Turning to Eiryk he said,
"The studio looks nice. I can see you in it."

He'd had plenty of chances to see Eiryk's work at home by now, and even though he wasn't very good at interior design he could recognize what he saw as Eiryk's aesthetic which was very clean, very elegant.
Eiryk 12 years ago
Out of the corner of his eye Eiryk watched Esi size Alex up. Obviously she thought his partner needed to eat something. But she did try and feed -everybody- even he couldn't quite escape her efforts.

Esi disappeared somewhere, Eiryk had no idea where. Part of him was convinced that his assistant was some sort of evil fairy or she could slide between dimensions or something. But she reappeared a second later and without asking placed a cup of what she called bush tea in Alex's hands.

"Good. Good. You will have to tell me more about what you like. He," she gestured at Eiryk, "knows nothing about food."

And she disappeared again.

Eiryk tossed the mail down on his desk less one or two pieces Esi did need and happily beamed at Alex.

"But do you see anything you like is the question. I like using the studio like a... well a picture book it is so much easier for a client to point and say 'oh I like that' then have them tell me 'French country'" Here Eiryk shuddered at his least favorite aesthetic. "and then have us have to work out what they mean by that."

Of course Eiryk was also trying to get a a clearer idea of what Alex found homey and appealing. They hadn't quite found a place he liked in the Towers yet, but Eiryk was determined to find a place they could move in together rather than have Alex sort of inherit his style. Not that Alex had ever complained or anything.
Alexander blinked as Esi disappeared ad then reappeared with a cup that she thrust at him. "Uh no," he laughed. "He doesn't. That's why I do the cooking."

Esi disappeared once more and Alex tentatively sniffed the stuff in the mug, raising an eyebrow at Eiryk. He sipped at it and made a face.
"Oh my god," he whispered, knowing Eiryk could hear him. "What is this stuff?"

He glanced around, afraid Esi might still be standing there. Defensively he took a huge swallow of the tea, which tasted something like flat, hot wine, and immediately stifled a cough. It was awful.

"Well sure," he said to Eiryk, trying to make his voice sound normal. "I like everything you do."

He hadn't realized Eiryk wanted to know about his design tastes. Alex wasn't sure he had any. He was just now learning about interior decorating, absorbing some of it through his association with Eiryk.

"I like wood tones," he offered. "I don't know. Homey stuff. Leather and metal are okay but not as much fun to curl up in."
Eiryk 12 years ago
Making sure Esi wasn't around he raised his hands and shook his head at Alex.

"It is bush tea, red tea, roobis... Beats me what it actually is but just smile and nod and drink it, apparently it is good for you. Took me a year and a half to get her to stop putting it on my desk. It does grow on you though."

It wasn't coffee so it automatically was inferior. But he'd come to like the smell of it at least. Still couldn't handle the taste, but the smell was familiar and on some level comforting. And if Alex didn't drink it he was going to hear about it. Eiryk loved Alex, adored him, but he wasn't going to listen to Esi go on about bush tea for a week for anything.

Eiryk raised his eyebrows and in thirty seconds or less made that comment more than a little suggestive. Certainly he knew that wasn't what Alex meant, but that was half the fun.

"Homey huh? Are we talking Denver ranch, Cape Cod beach house? Dark and rich or light and airy?"

He did note 'curl up in' and that was a phrase he could work with. Things that were inviting to sit on, lounge in, probably fewer hard lines. You could do clean lines and still be inviting but it was something to be aware of.

"Do I need to get you a cow skin and some long horns to hang up over the fire place?"

Not that there was a fire place but... hypothetically...
Alex looked at the tea in the mug and regarded Eiryk with a skeptical expression. He didn't really want to drink it. He looked around for a plant. Any plant. A fake one would do. But he didn't see one. Finally he handed the mug to Eiryk. "Here, if it grows on you then you drink it."

Alex drew the line at indulging people he hardly knew just because they were domineering and overbearing.
"It isn't going to kill you," he muttered.

He raised his eyebrows at Eiryk's further questions, shrugging his shoulders with a laugh.
"I don't know," he said helplessly. "What's the difference? Something medium I guess. Cape Cod doesn't sound right. And no, no leather and no horns. I just want comfortable stuff."

Alexander really was bad at the decorating thing. Did he really need to have an aesthetic in mind when picking out furniture? If it was comfortable, all matched, and looked decent, what was the purpose? He did think Eiryk's work was fantastic; he'd just never considered it as it applied to himself. Alex had never needed a room decorated.

Winding his arm back around Eiryk's waist he said,
"Just decorate our place how you want it. It won't matter to me. Home is where you are, no matter what it looks like."

He liked their current apartment, Eiryk's apartment. The furniture was leather and there were a lot of modern designs Alex wouldn't have chosen for himself, but he had to admit it was comfortable and looked good. He understood that Eiryk wanted to make a place that was their own and he loved that his boyfriend had him in mind but in the end, he liked the little things best... his toothbrush next to Eiryk's. Their towels on the same rack next to each other, two pillows on the bed. Those were the things that really made Alex happy.
Eiryk 12 years ago
"First the stilts now the tea... you really are trying to kill me tonight aren't you?”

Eiryk took the tea, eyed it suspiciously and downed it in one scalding swallow. Which resulted in him making a few strange faces, but the important thing was he got it down. He gave the cup back to Alex.

"At least lie and say you enjoyed it if she asks.”

He'd never had so reluctant a client. But then again, Alex was hardly a client. Alex never would have walked in the studio if it weren't for him Eiryk realized. Fitting himself up against his boyfriend Eiryk shook his head as he sort of moved them in the direction of the Cape Cod quadrant.

"You know... maybe I should take some yoga classes.”

Eiryk mused aloud just to see if he could get a rise out of Alex or get him to have an opinion on curtains or something. But he didn't push too hard, he rarely did with Alex.

"How about I do some sketches and you have veto power? Anything you want to keep or get rid of from the place now? Keeping in mind that the dinning room is all antiques and the table especially I'm fond of.”

There were other antiques too but those were the ones Eiryk thought of right off the bat. Of course it didn't matter. He'd go back to a long house if that's what Alex wanted. Everything else could be put in storage.
Alex raised an eyebrow at Eiryk again. "No," he answered simply. "How you can tell, is that the windows are all still closed."

He leaned over and kissed Eiryk softly and then watched with something that might have been a little smirk when Eiryk downed the tea and made a face of his own. As he took the cup back Alex looked affronted.

"Of course I will," he said to Eiryk. Alexander was always polite. And Esi was a little scary... no way he was going to tell her her favorite drink tasted nasty.

Eiryk seemed to be joking about yoga but Alex couldn't figure out what the joke was. It was enough to have Eiryk in such a good mood though... not that he wasn't normally, but Alex liked hearing his playful tone.
"You're more than welcome to," he said. "Just try not to kill any of my other students, okay?"

For what was really a gentle, peaceful activity, Alex could only imagine the amount of trouble Eiryk could manage to get into in his studio. They'd been together long enough for Alex to know that that amount was practically endless. Eiryk certainly had a knack for destruction.

As they moved into one of the other areas of the room Alex gently stopped Eiryk, turned him toward him, and leaned down to kiss him again. This time it wasn't chaste at all. He wrapped his arms around his boyfriend, smoothed his hands up Eiryk's back, and lingered over the taste of him... much better than some odd tea, even if he could still pick up a hint of it on Eiryk's lips.

"I'd like to keep this," he said, indicating Eiryk as he pulled away slightly. "The rest is entirely up to you."

Alex would live in a cardboard box on the side of the road if Eiryk was there. However, he knew it was important to Eiryk to design their new home. Just because Alex didn't really understand the decor thing didn't mean he should ignore it, when it meant something to his partner.
"If you sketch, yes, I might be able to get a better idea of what I do and don't like, and we can go from there. Okay?"

He was hardly going to rob Eiryk of his fun after all. And he liked how Eiryk worked; he had just never envisioned himself as the kind of guy who had someone decorate his living space. That the decorator was his boyfriend changed everything. Alex would learn the difference between mauve and burgundy for Eiryk.

Glancing around to make sure Esi hadn't sneaked back in Alex lowered his mouth to Eiryk's once more and kissed him again, deeply and thoroughly, glad his boyfriend didn't need a whole lot of air.
Eiryk 12 years ago
"Hmmmm... how about private lessons then?"

He didn't let a hint of anything in appropriate cross his face, it was asked quite seriously and sincerely. Never mind that his intentions were -not- at all honorable. He could pretend. Eiryk was actually afraid that if he tried some of these yoga poses he'd seen Alex in that he would fall and break his neck, quite literally. And how would that look to Alex's class, especially if he just recovered. Nope, bad juju.

Oh, that was nice and a little bit of a surprise. He kissed Alex back, smiled broadly and then put on his best professional demeanor.

"I'll have some sketches ready for you in the week then sir." Professional gave way to playful and Eiryk, innocence incarnate with his still young looks, blond hair and blue eyes looked up at Alex, "What happens if I miss the deadline?"

Not that it mattered right then as he was hit with Alex overload, one of Eiryk's favorite things to be hit with. Eiryk took kissing Alex quite seriously, so even though he heard Esi come back in the room, probably with his file, Eiryk only waved a hand at her basically telling her to give them a few minutes, they were busy. To her credit though his assistant didn't laugh, she just slipped near silently into what ever inter-dimentional portal she ran the world from.
Alex had already offered Eiryk privates lessons - in every sense of the phrase, both innocent and not so much so. The offer was still good as far as he was concerned.

But conversation fell by the wayside as he kissed his partner long and deep. He backed Eiryk up a few steps, holding him close, until they were underneath a different light source.

"Okay, you look nice here," he said, breaking away.

Mischievously he tugged Eiryk's hand and brought him over to an Asian-styled corner of the room where the light was far more muted. Looking around thoughtfully as if in deep contemplation Alex bent forward and kissed Eiryk again, softly requesting access to his mouth with his tongue and taking his time once more.

"Hrm, you taste nice in this corner too."

Pulling away again he said, "Do I need to keep demonstrating? I'm pretty sure the deadline is flexible."

Then, realizing a decent amount of time had passed Alex looked around.
"Wasn't your assistant coming back with some files?"
Eiryk 12 years ago
Like he was going to argue as Alex tried out the different décors. He willingly let himself be maneuvered around the studio. Of course if Alex kept this up there were going to need to see if there was a bed in the storage room currently.

Still he managed a laugh before going back to kiss Alex with gusto, murmuring into his partner's lips.

"You on the other hand need lots of natural light to show you off best.”

That made Eiryk a little sad... oh you know that is what he was going to do. Next week on Alex's day off they'd go to Tropics for the day. The resort should satisfy Alex's love of the outdoors and Eiryk's light sensitivity issues.

Eiryk was a little muzzy from being so thoroughly kissed it took a second to answer Alex.

"She did. I think she still has them... and now she's gone all interdimensional again.”
"That's a shame," Alex said. "You'll never see me at my best if that's the case. it's a good thing you seem to like me."

He glanced around the room again before running his hand across the front of Eiryk's pants, then pressing close with his thigh.
"Oh," he said, feigning surprise. "You do like me!"

He grinned down into Eiryk's cheerful blue eyes. Alex could be playful with Eiryk, the blond brought it out in him. He was comfortable with his boyfriend. It had taken a little while to get over his natural reservations but now, with Eiryk, Alex knew he wouldn't be judged and could simply be himself. That was a rare thing for him. Only recently had he started to feel like maybe he could be himself around their friends too. Their game and drinking nights with Rowan and Christian, for example, or the occasions they hung out with Kem, Aishe, and Pak. Alex enjoyed those things.

The expression on Eiryk's face told him he'd better quit before they had to cut their evening short; as much as he loved that half-dazed, half-hungry look he did want to spend their few hours out having fun. Alex had to work in the morning so they couldn't stay out terribly late. He was pretty sure they'd manage to find time for a quick tumble before bed anyhow, so they may as well behave themselves here. He gave Eiryk one last, brief caress accompanied by a much more chaste kiss as he pulled away.

"Inter-dimensional, huh? Doesn't that make it tough for you to get your hands on what you need?"
Eiryk 12 years ago
Eiryk sucked his breath in through his teeth when Alex got a little bold. Oh he loved it and the fact that Alex felt like he -could- be bold and teasing and aggressive and.... yeah he loved all of that. It was so different from the quite yet hot guy who'd turned down Eiryk's offer to buy him a drink. He considered it a privilege and an honor that Alex showed him this side. And was down right impressed he'd opened up around their friends.

But privilege or not if Alex kept that up... they were going to have a very different kind of outing. Fortunately, they both seemed to realized that.

"Make it hard for -me- to get a hold of the files but keeps the place from getting too cluttered and we can store a -ton-.

Esi, it's safe now, can I have that account?"

The little African woman just appeared and handed him the portfolio with a quiet little knowing smile. But she didn't say anything, at least not about that.

"I still can't believe you agreed to meet with them at midnight. I hope you don't think I'll be in the office for that."

Eiryk cheerfully rolled his eyes.

"I told you they work night and you know I'd never ask you to do that. I know you need your beauty sleep."

His assistant just shook her head, but there was a hint of a smile. "OK then. I'll be going now, I'll see you tomorrow night. It was nice too meet you Alexander."

"Thank you Esi. Have a good evening."

She kept rather variable hours depending on what designer was meeting what client when but always made it a point to at least talk to him for a few minutes each night. So Eiryk never took issues with Esi's comings and goings. Besides she did a brilliant job and worked quite hard.

"Feel safer now?"

He half laughed and half leered at Alex.
Alexander laughed softly at Eiryk's joke but felt himself blushing right after as his boyfriend acknowledged the fact that his assistant must have known what they were up to. He shifted to stand behind Eiryk a bit, his cheeks turning pink, but still wrapping one arm around Eiryk's waist and squeezing gently.

He tried to control the blush while Eiryk and his assistant finalized things, looking up at the small woman and mumbling
, "Good night Esi, nice to meet you too."

He did sigh a little once she had gone.
"I don't know, are you going to keep looking at me like that?"

Eiryk's expression had returned to one of desire and hunger and Alex wasn't proof against it by any stretch of the imagination. He wrapped his other arm around Eiryk's waist and hugged him close, smiling and giving him the honest answer to his question.

"I always feel safe with you."
Eiryk 12 years ago
"I could save the looks for when we get home if you'd rather."

Eiryk couldn't help but chuckle at Alex, just a little. It was so cute when he blushed like that. More fun though was saying when 'we get home'. Eiryk was still thrilled that Alex had moved in with him and hadn't quite gotten used to that. He had no idea how long it would take him to get over that. A while probably.

"Safe huh? Not always what I want to hear but," He let himself be pulled up against Alex, "I can get used to it."

He was afraid if they hung out here too much longer he'd start working and that wasn't his intention at all. Eiryk planned on working after Alex fell asleep.

"Did you want a grand tour or shall we wander around the neighborhood?"
"I don't know if I'd rather," Alex said with a grin, "but that might be the more prudent option."

Eiryk's smoky looks were too tempting, really... but Alex was no exhibitionist. Sex was for at home. Maybe that made him unoriginal but he was all right with that. Besides, it just made it all the better for the anticipation.

He raised his eyebrows at Eiryk's opinion of being qualified as safe.
"Would you rather I were afraid of you?"

He knew what Eiryk meant, and Eiryk knew what he meant, but Alex liked teasing his man. Eiryk always took it with good humor and returned it in kind. It was part of what was so much fun about him. Alex didn't consider himself the wit that, say, Rowan was, but he had a playful side and Eiryk brought that out.

He looked around the front part of the studio when Eiryk asked what he wanted to do.
"Why not both?" he suggested. "I have a couple hours yet."

Alex wanted to see the whole of Eiryk's business, but he was interested in some of the shops they'd seen on the way in too. It was a pretty area of the Strip that he hadn't done much browsing around in, not when he could barely afford to walk through the doors of some of these places.
Eiryk 12 years ago
Eiryk kissed Alex on the cheek in silent agreement. He'd done some wild and crazy things in his day but there was always a risk and you couldn't, or shouldn't, let yourself get distracted ... any way. Home would be just fine, excellent, perfect even.

"Oh no, afraid isn't as much fun as it sounds. Besides I've always wanted to be a knight in shining armor type. Don't you think that suites me?"

Both it was. He took Alex's hand and started them back to the store room, which was absurdly huge and half the reason he'd chosen this space. That was where the most interesting things were any way. He pushed open the door and lead Alex inside. There were shelves and shelves of thing to look at, racks of rugs hung up for easy viewing, painting hung every where or slid into neat and tidy spots, chairs, tables, books cases, trunks anything you could need for a room. There were antiques, modern pieces, reproductions, while Eiryk's studio catered to high end clients he wasn't afraid to use reproductions as long as they were good quality. Even the very rich had budgets and just because you'd blow a few thousand on one thing didn't mean you wouldn't want to save on something else.

"Some day I'm going to reorganize this. I'm never sure how to do it though by time period or date of purchase or country of origin."

Out of habit, and experience, Eiryk gave the shelves with pottery and porcelain pieces a wide berth. He only handled those items when absolutely necessary and his success rate was about fifty percent.