Thoughts in a Green Leather Journal (Rue and Cris' private entries)

Cris,

I'm sorry I missed you last night. You know how it is when they hit me with the surprise "extra shift." You were gone by the time I got home, and I'll be gone again by the time you get here.

If there's a delivery from Amazon.com at any point today please open it; some of the items inside are for you. Barring any unforeseen circumstances I'm scheduled to have three days off in a row starting on Sunday on account of my once again having been a good little slave. Can you get any time off then, and is there anything in particular you'd like to do? I just want to spend as much of it as I can with you.

I had an email, of all things, from Henri last night. How difficult is it to write me a letter? Seriously. I'm sure that's coming, but he had to express his shock and disbelief at the notion that his favorite child has a boyfriend. Just to be as annoying as possible, I didn't tell him who you are. So enjoy your anonymity please, love, because I think at some point he might actually come visit and who knows, we might be witness to the first vampiric heart attack in the world. Won't that be exciting?

At any rate, I'll be at the clinic from 8p-8a and then I'm doing a day shift over in the ER at the hospital until midnight. After that I'm supposed to have a break until 4a, and then one more shift in the clinic until 10p. I don't know if you can even make it out then but if you let me know one way or another, I'd love some company for those few hours. If not, I'll just work through. After that though I'm home free. And I'll be glad for it.

Miss you.

~Rue

Rowan Murphy 12 years ago
October 25, 2010.

Cris,

I know we agreed not to make a big deal of the birthday thing, so I thought I'd write here. I know you said -around- October 25 but whether completely accurate or not, it seems like a good time of the year (aside from, well, all the rest of the year) to tell you how much I love having you in my life.

Every day I've known you has been a blessing. Every week has been a miracle. And every month has been a dream come true. I hope you feel the same way. I'm so proud to be a part of your life.

To that end I've arranged a tiny little something for us tonight. I think you'll enjoy it. I know I will. You're at work now and I've got a few things left to get ready. You'll see them soon enough. What I really wanted to write though, love, was happy birthday, and thank you for everything you give me, every night.

Yours,
Rowan.