Something to do and someone to do it with

Diane pulled on her jeans and pulled the ribbed dark purple tank top over her head with grace and speed. Dressing in front of others still made her uneasy. That could not be said for ninety percent of the Pack but then again most of them were born into this. People like Trayce who was currently lounging back on his hands without a shirt.

She looked over the small area of land below the hill the were perched on. The shadows gave the dips and rises depth. Diane sighed.

"Just because I run with you doesn't mean were friends."

Looking over her shoulder at him she watched him grin slowly.

"Don't even start. You were sent here to keep tabs on me and I allow it for your company. As award winning as it is."

SHe had to admit, it was much better running with another person even if they hardly spoke. Often the ran in silence and didn't even say a word to each other after they changed back.

Trayce 12 years ago
Looking up towards the stars Trayce gave Diane the silly privacy she seemed to need. She had the same anatomy of every woman yet she painstakingly made attempts to hide herself. Maybe it had something to do with her human upbringing. It was odd.

Tonight she decided to speak to him which only happened rarely. Either way it didn't bother him none. As wolves they didn't need to speak, the way they ran said it all. Every leap and bound spoke volumes of what they were feeling or experiencing. And once they changed back there wasn't anything left to say. This evenings declaration had a grin slowly spreading across his face.

"Bullshit." He said with a laugh as he laid back and folded his arms under his head.

True they hadn't started out as friends and he came to make sure she quit drawing attention to them but nowadays he came for the companionship.

"You're one stubborn woman did you know that? You're all better now remember? You said so yourself, so why do I need to keep tabs on you now? Maybe its your amazing personality that keeps me coming back."

Trayce was pretty sure he had never met such a hard headed person. She had to always be right even when she was obviously wrong.

"But if it makes you feel better, we're not friends."
Diane 12 years ago
Diane rolled her eyes. He was pretty arogant but maybe a tiny bit right. Sure they didn't agree on everything and she sure as hell wanted to claw his face off half the time but his presence wasn't painful. In fact he really didn't require much from her.

"Whatever." She grumbled into the night sky, making an effort not to wince as he chuckled behind her.

"Doesn't working and living downtown like you do make it difficult for you?" Diane wondered out loud.

He lived in a city high rise surrounded by cement and buildings, miles and miles away from private land. She had never thought herself to be much of a country girl but now she couldn't picture living so close together to people.
Trayce 12 years ago
Smiling to himself Trayce wondered what it must be like to always have to be right. In all actuality he hadn't even expected her small consession and he resisted the urge to poke fun at her for it.

Dianes question took him by surprise as she wasn't prone to inquiring about him much and that was fine by him.

"Well, the woods are never that far away that I can't get to them by car. I like all the lights at night and being so high up. I also go out to Shady Pines and the clearing or trapes around here. I've also had more time than you to get used to waiting to change."

He didn't mean it to sound rude or patronizing but it was the truth. Trayce wasn't sure how sensitive she was on the subject but he had first hand experience that she wasn't too keen on humans being changed. It still bothered him that he hadn't stopped her from giving a human a gun loaded with pure silver bullets. No reports had come in that any one of their members had been injured with it so far, but he watched.

"What about you. Do you plan on staying out here all the time? Doesn't it drive you crazy?"
Diane 12 years ago
Diane looked around at the hills and the trees and saw nothing but freedom. She once had been a city girl but now, now the open space appealed to her.

"Its not so bad. I've gotten used to it. At first it felt too open and exposed but the longer I stay out here the more I realise its exactly the opposite."

Maybe it was the wolf in her that she was connecting to out her on the outskirts of the city. Away from the human society that she was only a small part of now.

What started off as happy thoughts began to lead to some depressing conclusions. Diane didn't like where that train of thought was heading so she cut it off quick with a shrug. Besides Trayce was probably just fishing for information to determine if she was sane or not. That was enough to spark her anger once more.

"If your trying to find signs that im sick or depressed you'll have to be a little more subtle. Good try though."

Turning on her heels she began walking back to her house.
Trayce 12 years ago
Just as Diane started to open up she immediately slammed the walls back down.

What in the hell just happened?

Hopping up to his feet Trayce tossed his white tshirt over his shoulder and followed behind her.

"In the wild wolves kill off those that are sick or weak. They don't spend months babysitting them and attempting to make mindless conversation with them. If the pack was worried about you being ill, you wouldn't be free to roam." His tone was casual and without threat. He was merely stating facts.

Diane spun around on him so fast that he barely had time to hold a finger up to her lips to silence her next retort. Her reaction to his touch was surprising. She jerked back as if she had been burned and suddenly it hit him.

She thought he was pursuing her.

Pulling himself straight up, he took a moment before speaking.

"That wasn't a threat. Its come to my attention that possibly you think I have indecent...thoughts for you? You don't have to worry about that. Half breeds aren't my type."

He made an effort to end on a joke to lessen the blow. Even if she didn't want his attention, hearing that a person wasn't attracted to you still didn't feel good.
Diane 12 years ago
When she jumped away from his touch, Diane saw the light come on in his eyes.

"This outta be good." She thought to herself.

What she hadn't expected was for Trayce to actually realize what the awkwardness was about. Relief followed by some embarassment filtered through her and she felt her shoulders loosen.

"Good because I'm not interested, I have a mate, regardless of where he is. Wait a minute, did you just call me a half breed! You are all teh same as we are you know. I don't understand your kinds thinking. We all start as humans, you just grew up knowing the history and people like me get thrown into to it."

Trayce had erupted into laughter by now and Diane crossed her arms in waiting.

"I'm glad I'm funny to you. So, then, who are you interested in? Or is it how many?"
Trayce 12 years ago
Diane was off on a tangent again and he couldn't hold it in any longer. He simply couldnt help himself and the laughter erupted before he could stop it.

"You don't stop for one moment do you?" He remarked wiping the tears from his eyes.

Man how she could jump from one thing into another was amazing, and without a breath between the two! Of course her rapid switching to now focus on him was something that had his laughter dying down quite quickly.

"I am not the philandering type." He said stepping past her.

He could hear her foot steps as she began to follow. Surprisingly she was quiet and she undoubtly waited for him to elaborate. His love life or lack of one, wasn't something he was about to share.

"I focus on work and my duties to the pack. Any time left over from that I use to sleep."

Trayce hoped she would drop it but knowing Diane she probably wouldn't.