Another unannounced visit

His black sedan pulled up into the gravel driveway of the large house that was occupied by a less than sane woman. Putting it into park, Trayce shut the engine down and stared at the home watching for signs of life. It was still day light out so there was no glare from a television to tell him anyone was home and he saw no movements from inside. Maybe Diane wasn't home.

Checking the inner pocket of his black Anthony Wool Gabardine suit for the thin little syringe, that contained just enough Fentanyl to knock out a large dog, Trayce pulled the keys from the ignition and stepped out of the vehicle.

He had not been looking forward to today but after running into the nearly emaciated wolf version of Diane, it was do something or wait for the inevitable storm to come when she lost her mind for good and openly attacked humans.

Walking up the porch steps Trayce knocked firmly on the screen doors frame and braced himself for what would come next.

Diane 13 years ago
Diane heard the car comming from down the drive even before it pulled up next to the house. Lately this would have been cause for alarm and she would have went into hyper drive trying to find the best tactical advantage point of the house in order to protect what was hers. Today though was different. In fact the past week had been different.

Like a bad cliche, a weight had been lifted off her shoulders and she felt light as a cloud. What the weight was or why exactly it had been lifted was a little hard to understand. She had run into Reign not that long ago and somehow their little chat had reminded Diane that the world was larger than her bubble at home and there was a need to be out in it. If that need was simply to repay a kindness with a her own than so be it. It was something.

Today though, today she was cleaning the house. Getting rid of everything she had neglected to take care of in the recent months. Alarmingly it was a lot. She hadn't let the house get filthy or anything but damn, there was shit piled up everywhere. Normally this would also be overwhelming but not today. Today she was optimistic.

The sound of heavy footfall on the gravel to the creaking steps of the front porch cued her in that it was a male approaching her door. Since it was daylight out that eliminated the most threatening visitors which was another reason she wasn't so jumpy. That didn't leave many other guests and Bastian certainly wasn't knocking. So when the knock came she called out for the man to come in without stopping her dusting.
Trayce 13 years ago
Trayce hadn't expected Diane to be home let alone for her to call for him to just enter. Not with how she had been behaving the last few times he saw her. Opening the door he slowly took a cautious step in and learned his torso in to take a peek. He half expected her to come flying out of nowhere in an effort to tear of his face. When the dramatics didn't happen Trayce stepped inside fully and pushed the door shut behind him.

"Ms. McGillick?"

He could hear her in the kitchen so he moved towards the sound of running water and held his breath, ready at any moment to pull out the narcotics.

"Ms. McGillick?" he called out again when she didn't answer.

As he came around the door frame into the kitchen he saw no one yet the water was still running.

Great, He thought. It's too late she's gone out of her mind already.
Diane 13 years ago
Dodging back out of the kitchen to grab the glass she left in the livingroom Diane heard Trayce calling out to her. Glass in hand she slipped up behind him.

"Why Mr. Mott how nice to see you."

Squeezing past the shoulders that went on for days, Diane went back over to the sink and filled the glass. Shutting off the water she turned back to the clearly started man and took a sip of cold water.

"Gotta let the water run for a few minutes so it get's real cold. What brings you out here on such a fine week day."

Brushing her long bangs out of her eyes Diane cocked an eyebrow and waited for his reply.
Trayce 13 years ago
He hadn't been sneaked up on like that in ages. He had to give it to the girl she was crafty when she wanted to be. Removing his hand from his lapel he clasped his other hand in front of his midsection.

"Please, call me Trayce. No need to be so formal. I've come to see how your holding up. I hear your son has gone to live at Shady Pines but you have not."

Trayce intended to keep it casual while he evaluated just how much wits she had left. In a way it was good her son was gone. He hate to have to put them both out and transport for two would be a bitch in his car.

"That's gotta be tough."
Diane 13 years ago
Rolling her eyes she set her glass down on the counter and hoisted herself up next to it.

Trayce was a high fluting asshole and she wasn't going to pretend to be nice to him.

"Please spare me your niceties, you won't be receiving any back from me Trayce. Stop calling me Ms. McGillick while your at it as well. It makes you sound arrogant and like an asshole."

He must think she was dumb as a board. She knew he didn't come here to simply see how she was doing. He was liar like most of the people she was running into these days.

"Yes my son is staying at Shady's Pines currently and to answer you question no it isn't tough. I visit him daily and he has school and friends to keep him busy. He's less isolated there. Besides I seem to keep getting awesome unexpected visitors like yourself so its the best place for him right now. So now you can tell me why your really here."

She swung her feet casually back and forth off the counter waiting for this ridiculous show to get on the road.
Trayce 13 years ago
Well Diane certainly was on top of her game today and that made what he planned to do a little harder.

"I don't understand your rudeness Diane. I haven't done anything to you besides remind you of Pack rules."

Trayce was stalling for time. He hadn't really planned on much conversation between the two of them. Rather he had been more prepared for a all out brawl, perhaps a little form changing and maybe even a hunt.

"Honestly I came out here to see what shit you were up to now."

Trayce had no problems returning her coarse language.

"You looked like shit when I saw you in the clearing, and I know it was you because you are just as sickly thin as a human. You're not taking care of yourself and you've been acting sporadically. With your recent behaviors I'd be of half a mind to take your ass out. Instead I'm here checking on you."

That was only half true, in actuality he was here to do both. Except after he knocked her out he wasn't planning on killing her, just taking her back to the Pack for evaluation. This sassiness of hers was putting a damper on the whole situation.
Diane 13 years ago
"Hm."

Diane held her hands out in front of her and noted that they were much bonier than normal.

"Maybe I am a little on the thin side."

She shrugged.What was it to him how much she weighed.

"Take my ass out eh? On a date or are we talking about 'putting me down' because were not that far from the clinic and it's fully equiped. Although I don't think my future husband would like either of those ideas. Do you?"

She hopped down from the counter and folded her arms across her chest.

"I didn't ask for you concern Mr. Mott. As you can see I'm here being a good little girl following all the good little rules. Disturbed that I like to tear up little bunnies are you? Suck it up and welcome to Nachton home of fucked up shit."
Trayce 13 years ago
"You have the worst mouth for a woman."

Shaking his head Trayce kept his arms in front of him as she dropped down from her perch.

"I think your mate has no idea of the condition you are in or how close you are to losing it. I know that he's been away away for long periods of time and I know know you've become lost without him. So why don't you come with me and we'll both go to Shady Pines and you can spend some time there. Relaxing."

Maybe he could get her to just go with him. Maybe if he shifted gears and appealed to her emotional instability this could have the ending he intended.

"I'll drive."
Diane 13 years ago
Unbelievable.

This jerk was truly unbelievable. Closing her eyes for a moment Diane stood still and concentrated on not tearing off the mans face. That would only further his crusade.

"Is this the point where I break down and begin sobbing about how I can't go on with out him? Shoudl I spill all my deepest fears and insecurities to the big strong man standing in my doorway and let him take care of me?"

She walked towards Trayce, making it uncomfortably close between them.

"I'm not going anywhere with you buddy. Obviously you came with an agenda and I'm not buying into it. So what's left? What now? Are you going to bully me around?"

She had really had it lately with mystery and men skirting around what they really were trying to say. If Trayce came here looking for a fight it was time he said so.
Trayce 13 years ago
A vivid image of placing his hands around her neck and shaking the living hell out of her danced before his eyes. It was his turn to lose his temper in the face of her little challenge and it took a lot of strength to restrain himself. The primal wildness inside of him wanted to take her down and destroy her. Stepping back Trayce threw his hands up in the air.

"For fucks sake are you always like this? And you wonder why you have a problem staying out of trouble. I've been here fifteen minutes and I want to kill you. You're not nuts your derranged."

Turning he walked away from Diane and her personal invansion of his space. He stormed into the livingroom and plopped on to her couch. Diane was more lucid than he had ever seen her and it was grossly apparent he wasn't taking her back for a lock down.

What a waste of time. If the broad wanted to be thin and sickly looking he was going to let her. He had been wrong that she was unknowingly traveling down a winding round into hysteria.

"Why in the hell would you challenge me like that? You have no idea what your doing."
Diane 13 years ago
It was her turn to be surprised and as Trayce walked off into another room Diane began to think he was less a threat than she had originally thought.

Following after him Diane found Trayce nearly collapsed on the couch. Standing across from him she kept her arms folded across her chest and studied his demeanor. The usual easy going calm front that Trayce put on was gone. He looked visablely shaken as his hands rubbed at his face.

"Sorry." she said stubbornly.

Plopping down into the couch next to him she shrugged.

"Look, I'm used to being the aggressor. I've survived a mulo attack and since then I promised i wouldn't let myself be a victim ever again. Sooo, my first instincts are to attack and then think."

She had survived more than one vampire attack but now wasn't the time to brag.

"And you are right. I've lost some control. I promised Bastian I'd stop being so...self destructive I guess. So I was trying really hard to not scheme some grand plan to find out who these people were that kept popping up around my home. Instead I figured protecting it defensively would be enough for me and I got a little extreme. Know what I found out? That shits not for me, I have to do something, be proactive, find ways to prevent bad things from happening or at the very least be able to say I've tried."

Diane looked over her shoulder at Trayce and found him wide eyed. With a smile she slapped him on his leg and patted his knee before she stood.

"That reminds me,come on. You can drive me into town. I have a gift to pick up for someone."
Trayce 13 years ago
The complete one eighty nearly caused him to fall out of his seat. Did she honestly just advance on him like he was an injured pup and spin around into a pleasant person?

"Are you bipolar?"

Trayce wasn't ready to say she was stable and call it a day but she was more with it than most people that he worked with at the office.

Her sudden admission of surviving an attack by a vampire was something he did not know about her. It hadn't been recorded anywhere. Trayce wondered if the Pack was aware there had been trouble. No wonder she was paranoid.

"Why am I driving you again? I'm pretty sure you have a car as a matter of fact I think you have two that both work perfectly well."

While he did feel some guilt for his original assumption of Diane's character Trayce wasn't sure he felt bad enough to take her places like a taxi driver. Although maybe if he did take her he could find out more about her attack. He was fully aware that vampire exsisted but he had never met one or met anyone who had met one.
Diane 13 years ago
Diane still thought Trayce to be an asshole but maybe his assishness came from the lack of having better things to do with himself.

"No I'm not bipolar, ADD maybe."

Placing her hands on her hips Diane fought back the urge to stick out her tounge at him.

"Turns out your cheaper than a cab. My car is at the dealership for routine maintence and since I can't drive two cars at the same time I need a lift. Plus I have to stop at the metal worker on the strip for something. You decided to grace my home with your presence and that makes you the perfect candidate for a ride back in town."

Turning away from him Diane went around the corner and dashed up the stairs to her room. Pulling open the bedside drawer she retrieved a little black enamel box and headed back down stairs. Opening the hall closet she pulled out her military style grey wool coat and slipped it on.

"Are you ready to go or am I walking?"
Trayce 13 years ago
His original plans were scratched. Diane didn't need a forced 'retreat'. But it still didnt explain why she had gone nuts on him at the coffee shop. And she had mentioned people popping up at her home, aside from him. What did it all mean?

Diane didn't give him time to respond before she took off up the stairs. Lifting himself up off the couch he readjusted his suit jacket. Maybe he could get some more answers from her on their drive. At least his drive out here wouldn't of been for waste. Diane was back down with a box in her hand and ready to go.

"Ladies first." Trayce responded holding his right arm out for her to proceed.

As they stepped outside Trayce watched Diane set the alarms on her home. Even out here in the slightly less over populated area outside the city she had the place on lockdown. With a sad shake of his head he remembered the town he grew up in and that still to this day no one locked their doors.

(Occ : both out)