So many meetings, so little time.

Megan's face was lit only by the closed circuit video monitor set into her desk, and aside from a few small candles flickering in various parts of the room it was completely dark. She watched as Alfarinn met the stranger and listened to the conversation. After Aron left the building, she tapped the screen with a fingernail and M.A.R.I.'s face filled it.

"Have Alfarinn come up if he has the time Mari, we need to discuss a few things."

"Right away, Ms. Björn."

M.A.R.I. disappeared and Megan replayed the video of Aron. Her instincts told her that he might be trouble, but she had been wrong before. Still, she would have to find time in her schedule for a meeting, he was Evenhet. He was family.

Alfarinn 18 years ago
"Megan would like to see you, if you are currently unoccupied." MARI's voice spoke to him quietly from the side.

"When am I ever unoccupied, Mari?" Alfarinn sighed. He still had a speech to plan for a charity function, some research to do on a possible lead in Mexico, get the building plans for around the House of Pain and the cameras for Thaddeus. Not to mention just wanting to see the blonde again, spend some time with him that didn't involve chasing down leads. "Tell her I am on my way."

He took the elevator to Megan's suit and waited for MARI to grant him access and open the doors.

"Something on your mind, Megan?"
Megan Björn 18 years ago
"Several something's actually." Megan replied "Sometimes I think eternity isn't enough time."

She sighed and looked down at a freeze frame of Aron. She touched the screen and the image closed in on his face and magnified. He certainly was attractive enough, then again she always was rather fond of Europeans.

"What did you think of this Aron? I mean, aside from his flair for dramatic costuming."
Alfarinn 18 years ago
Alfarinn came over to one of the chairs near her desk and stretched himself out comfortably, placing his elbows on the arm rests and his hands steepled under his chin.

" I have no idea really. I didn't sense a lot from him. Other than some frustration at your not being available. He seems to believe he's important and can make a difference here. Hopefully he's correct and what ever difference that is will benefit Evenhet."
Megan Björn 18 years ago
Megan frowned and turned the monitor off. She turned her chair and looked out the nearby window into the glowing nightlife of Nachton. Thousands of tiny lights shimmered and danced in the cities dark folds.

"I'm inclined to be wary of anyone looking to make a difference. Then again, perhaps it's just not in my nature to trust. You were always so much better at that than I."

She turned back to Alfarinn, suddenly worried that she had pulled him away from something. He was dressed as though he were looking to go out and join those dancing lights outside.

"I'm not keeping you from something am I? It wasn't my intention to."Â?
Alfarinn 18 years ago
"There is always something, Megan."

He stood up and came to join her by the window and looked outside, placing one hand on her shoulder. "But when would I ever not have time for my darling sister?" He smiled slightly. Darling might not be a word most people would apply to the elder sitting next to him, but most didn't know her like he did. She had her flaws but who didn't? She was dedicated to Evenhet and that was what mattered.

"Any other concerns on your mind?"
Megan Björn 18 years ago
Megan touched her hand to Alfarinn's. She considered telling him about the thousand things that were running through her mind. About Ellis, the hunters, and Xerxes' return to Nachton. Megan knew she could tell him anything, that he would understand and support her. Instead she kept all those things to herself, and let his words fill her, comfort her.

Any other concerns on your mind?

"There is always something," she said, quietly.
Alfarinn 18 years ago
Alfarinn smiled and leaned down to kiss the top of her head gently. "That is why you do this and not me. I have no head for all those details, nor the necessary ruthlessness that sometimes must be used to decide what is best for us. Most days, I believe you have the more difficult job. "

He smiled at her somewhat sadly, knowing she had things on her mind and that he should probably sit down and talk them through with her but she had another meeting and he had his own things to do. Nodding once, he turned to leave.

"Let me know when you have a moment and we'll speak about them."

((OOC: Alfarinn out.))
Megan Björn 18 years ago
Megan closed her eyes and squeezed his hand before he pulled away. Alfarinn always had a way of making her feel better, and she cherished moments like these, no matter how few they seemed to number.

"My next free moment will belong to you, brother," she said. "Until that time..."

She watched as he the door closed behind him, and keyed up the monitor on her desk to show her who she would be meeting with next. The list was long, with some rather important people she needed to attend to. She queued the screen for a teleconference with Evenhet's Russian representative. There were concerns about recent attacks against capitalist interests in the region, and she wanted to make sure their holdings were secure against government intervention. The screen chimed as the connection went through and she saw a familiar face in the darkness.

"Vladimir, it has been too long,"Â? she began in Russian.

((OOC: Megan out.))