One fish, two fish, red fish, blue fish.

Viv peeked out of the window of the Global Express private jet as they taxied onto the Nachton Air Field, a private tarmac just outside of Nachton proper.

'The weather is rather humid today, Miss Sena. 92 degrees.'

Leaning back in her chair, she looked up at the affable male steward as he buttoned up his shirt. Six foot two, lean, lithe body, and arms cut like a Greek god, she gave him another appraising look from head to toe, Viv nodded and looked back out the window.

'Boy, kinda icky, huh? Who comes to Nachton in August? Thank you, Derrick.'

'Ma'am.' He left her customs and out of country entry papers on the table in front of her and disappeared into the galley. And yes, she looked back to watch him leave.

Biting her bottom lip, she glanced at the paperwork, pleased that it was already filled out, and signed where indicated. Included in the paperwork was her passport and noted the diplomatic seal on the cover. Grinning, she stood and considered her wardrobe. The skirt would have to go, the pantyhose had already gone, thanks to Derrick, so she pulled out her carry-on and pulled out a pair of worn jeans and buckled boots. Slipping out of her skirt, she dressed in fresh clothes and felt the jet slide comfortably into the pack's hangar. She left on her boat neck silk blouse and felt the rush of hot air as the plane's doors opened.

Another man stepped in and nodded to Viv, picking up her luggage. 'Welcome to Nachton, Miss Sena.'

Tipping her hand, she gave a half hearted salute and stepped out in front of him. Waiting for her was a representative from the US customs office who reviewed her paperwork and checked her passport. With a smile, he too, welcomed her to Nachton and handed back her papers.

Behind him was a 4 door, silver CLS550 Mercedes Coupe. The driver stepped passed her and loaded her three pieces of luggage into the trunk of the car. Stepping up to the driver's side, Viv opened the door.

'Ma'am, if you like, feel free to take a seat in the back...'

'Mind if I drive?' She asked politely, gracing the driver with eye contact and a sweet smile.

The driver, with blond hair and sparkling green eyes, smiled. 'Of course not ma'am. Shall I...' he pointed to the back.

'Naw, ride up front with me.'

'Of course, ma'am.'

Together they slipped into the car and he pointed out the exit to her.

'What's the speed limit here?'

The driver looked at her with a nervous grin. 'It's 65 on the freeway into town, 45 otherwise.'

'See, I don't get that. Why make a car that can do,' she peered at the dash board, 'one hundred and sixty miles an hour if we can't drive that fast?'

The driver nodded and smiled.

Reaching over, she patted his arm and laughed
. 'Just kidding.'

Vivienne Sena 13 years ago
The drive into downtown Nachton was beautiful. The city had been built with modern style and forward thinking in mind and it was evident in the architecture of the city skyline. The Grand Piazza was yet another testament at how superior the city thought it was to its neighboring cities. Well, put like that it sounded snotty, Viv thought, but the place was money from the dirt to the sky its buildings scraped against.

Sitting in her suite on the top floor of the Piazza, she logged into her laptop and requested a secure line from Canberra/Hammerthynn home offices. It was a fifteen hour time difference between Nachton and Australia, but her father was waiting for her call. He immediately showed up when connection was made.

'It's 12:40 in the afternoon here. It's what...3:40 am there tomorrow?'

'Vivienne, you made it.'

'I did.' She picked up her passport, 'And thanks for this, but I don't think it's necessary.' She waved the diplomatic seal in front of him. 'Is it even real?'

'As far as the US knows. Doesn't hurt to plan ahead.'

She wasn't sure what that meant, but Viv smiled nonetheless. 'You spoil me, Vigo.' Vigo's face took up the entire screen and his mangled left eye was crystal clear, but her heart still swelled looking at him.

'Is your suite ok?' He asked trying to look behind her.

Shrugging uncomfortably, 'It's ridiculous. Little country girl like me in a city full of all these peeplez,' she said in her best (which was awful) southern accent. 'I thought I was staying at the Den?'

'They don't know you're there yet. They think I'm coming.'

'Oh that's fantastic.' Viv sighed, it would an uphill battle right from the start. 'So am I to meet directly with the Alpha?'

'My grandson,' Vigo sighed, 'yes - you're there by my wish but he is our Alpha. Proper introductions will be made, promises made by you, and I will have vouched for you before your appointment with him. But it will be by his will alone that you even step foot on pack property out there, dear.'

'I understand, father.' She held her right hand up. 'Honest injun, I'll be a good girl.' Her curiosity piqued, she leaned forward, 'Before then, is there something you want me to do? Get you some souvenirs? Shot glasses?' She pointed at him, 'A silver spoon with the Nachton emblem? You love those.'

Vigo rolled his good eye at her and snorted. 'Just familiarize yourself with the city, its people. And please, do try to stay out of trouble.'

'I am aghast you would imply I would do otherwise, sir.' Viv clutched at her chest dramatically. 'Aghast!'

An unfamiliar smile for a Hammerthynn crossed his face. 'Try and get used to the time difference.' He paused and said quietly, 'Forgive me?'

'No, never. I hate you.' She sighed dramatically and gave him a sweet smile. Viv held up her hand to the monitor and touched it with the flat of her hand. 'Like father.'

Vigo returned the gesture, 'Like daughter.'

Leaning back, her father signed off and left Viv sitting in her chair, looking at the blank screen. Huffing slightly, she looked around the suite and considered being neighborly and meeting her floor mates, so to speak; a couple that the bell hop said mostly stayed in during the day but went out at night. Snorting, she wondered if that was tell tale of not just who they were but what. Nachton was full of the fanged variety. She was not one to be impolite and decided she would greet them happily if she ran into them - provided they don't try to eat her. Not saying they were, but...well you never know.

Lifting her left arm, she checked her kinetic watch and noted the correct time, setting it to almost one in the afternoon; at least eight more hours before she can go to sleep, but she doubt she'd be doing that either. Calling up a map of the city, she noted the Preserves on the outskirts of the city and made a date with herself for a midnight run.

((ooc - viv out))

Continues - Come on closer