Cease & Desist

Trayce pulled his car into one of the parking spots outside of the clinic and put it in park. Alcoholic As by Heck Ya was blaring over his speakers and he waited until he had pulled his papers out of the file before turning it down and shutting off the Fusion's engine.

It was nice being out of the city even if it was only to do business. As he stepped out of the car and shut the door he looked around. It was peaceful out here. Taking a deep breath he smiled. Originally he was from the outskirts of town himself, only relocating to the city as school and work dictated. Unfortunately he hadn't picked to be a farmer and politics never took place in a field. Well legal politics at least.

Walking into the clinic a small bell chimed as the door swung open. Behind the counter a dark haired blue eyed woman smiled and welcomed him. Trayce thought back to the description he was given and the small photo that had been attached to it. This was who he came to see. Diane McGilik's auburn hair was pulled back from her face and her smooth skin was smudged with what he hoped was dirt.

Still, he felt the urge to reach across the counter and slap the little shit in the face for being an idiot recently.

"Ms. Gillick I presume?" Trayce asked knowing the answer.

Diane 13 years ago
It was only lunch time and already she was a mess. The trio of irish wolfhounds that had been brought in for routine grooming had been jumpers. They successfully knocked her on her ass more than once.

Gathering her keys and the 'Be Back in 30 minutes' sign, Diane was about to head up to the house to make lunch when the door chimed signaling a visitor. Turning to face the door with a big smile Diane welcomed the big guy at their door with warmth, although she didn't feel it.

"Yikes he's a biggin." She thought to herself.

Had he brought a pet in here before? She couldn't place his face as any of their current clients, maybe he was a new one. It looked like lunch was going to have to wait just a bit longer.

"Ms. McGillick I presume?" the man said in a deep voice.

Well, this was interesting. Big guy knew her name but she didn't know his. Maybe he was an associate of Bastian's. She wasn't too alarmed seeing as the last crazy ass who visited her could only come out at night and this guy was here midday. Where was Bastian when she needed him to field out these loonies?

"Please don't let this be another crazy guy coming to threaten me." Diane inwardly begged. Really there had to be a qouta on that sort of thing.

"Yes, that's me. May I ask who you are?"

She was doing her best to stay polite. The last thing she wanted was to offend a client.
Trayce 13 years ago
"Trayce Mott ma'am. I've come to bring you this." Pulling out the neatly folded sheets of paper, Trayce laid them on the counter in front of her.

"These are cease and desist papers. It's been requested that you stop your ill-considered moon lit runs in public places. Your actions have been deemed dangerous to the community as a whole. Should you continue to show disregard for the safety of the pack and it's members, appropriate punishments will be issued. Namely by me."

There was no reason to beat around the bush. Looking at his watch for the date Trayce glanced back up at Diane who was currently slack jawed.

"And seeing as there's a full moon tonight; I will be back for a tour of the place and to make sure you either stay on your own land or Pack land."

He stood and waited for her response, even though once again he knew what her answer would be. Really, there wasn't any other answer she could give.
Diane 13 years ago
What the fuck...

Looking at the crisp off white papers Diane recognized the letter head of the Vyusher R'asa. This was no regular crazy man, he was legit.

Had someone had seen her in the gardens? Shit that guy on the horse she ran into in the woods. This had to because of that. Could he have been Vyusher too? Why hadn't he said anything? Surely he must of suspected. Her fingers traced over the little symbols of the Pack at the bottom of the documents. Shit.

"I, I...I don't know what to say...I mean, of course. Yes, please come and join me on my run this evening Mr. Mott."

The end of her sentence was forced out through clenched teeth. She did not want to be babysat. Diane was angry and she wanted to complain and argue with the man but she had a feeling it would be of no use. Besides the person she was really angry with was herself. With a sigh Diane drooped her shoulders and jiggled her keys.

"I was just heading home for lunch. Would you care to join me." It was more of an offer than a question and she came around the counter.
Trayce 13 years ago
She wasn't very good at controlling her emotions if you asked him. It was blatantly apparent that she was pissed off but Trayce didn't really care. Dont be a dumb shit and you didn't have to deal with him.

He was surprized when she invited him up for lunch. Unfortunately he was going to have to pass up her offer. He'd be back that evening, she could play nice hostest then. For now he'd give her time to mull over the papers in her hand privately.

"I have to regretfully decline ma'am, but let me walk you out."

He turned and pulled the door open and held it for her, stepping out of the way.

"May I ask where Mr. Romallo is today? And will he be joining us this evening?"

Trayce swore he caught Diane scowl as she walked past him out into the subtle heat. He pretended not to notice and followed her out.
Diane 13 years ago
It wasn't like her to back down so easily without some sort of comment but what did she have? Not a whole lot. She could ask this man for some identification but the paper's were pretty much that. She had never seen the Pack's offical letterhead so maybe he could be making this all up but it seemed overly elaborate.

Besides who would know about the Were's besides another Were? Well she guessed a handful of vampires knew but that was besides the point. It was daytime but this could be a human working for a vamp like Delilah had but why would he offer to come back tonight? If she was honest with herself, Trayce Mott was probably a legit arm of the Pack and that mean she needed to listen and follow directions.

To add to the humliation of being reprimanded, Mr. Mott apparently decided to point out her aloneness. Diane was pretty damn sure he already knew the answer to everyone of his questions.

Nearing her Jeep she turned to face Trayce completely and threw on a bright smile.

"I'm sorry but no he will not. Bastian is out of town at a conference, so we wont be seeing him this evening. I'm sure he'd be pleased to entertain you some other time though."

Fat chance at that. Maybe Mr. Mott would up a disappear between now and when Bastian returned home. She could only hope, seeing as she didn't need another flag of carelessness waving around when he came back.

"Is there a time I should expect you this evening Mr. Mott?"
Trayce 13 years ago
Trayce stopped next to the dusty red Jeep when Diane turned to face him.

"I'm sorry to hear that. Maybe another time I'll come back, I was looking forward to meeting him."

Their little dance of politeness and niceties was getting tiresome and it wouldn't be long before one of them snapped and said something stupid. Of course she'd let loose long before he did. He had practice at being patient and well...fake. Obviously Diane didn't have the same training.

"I'll be over after sunset."

His cue to leave had arrived and he pleasantly shut down their conversation.

"It was nice meeting you Ms. McGillik. I'll see you later this evening."

Trayce turned and walked back to his car without looking back. It would interesting this evening to see how receiving she would be whens he was a bit more furry.

(ooc : Trayce out)
Diane 13 years ago
"It was not nice to meet you Mr. Mott."

That was what she really had wanted to say. Instead she remained silent and watched as he left. Slapping the steering wheel with her palm, she threw the papers in her other hand on the floor between the two bucket seats. What a great day today was shaping up to be.

Punching it into gear Diane practically flew up to the house. Each month had her more ansy than the last at full moon time; and this month was no different. Aggitated and restless she wondered what it would be like to run with someone else again. It had been awhile that she'd done anything but go out alone, and lately that meant causing trouble.

Maybe this would be a good thing.

Or maybe she had fallen and hit her head on the way up the steps. Trayce's visit wasn't about a friendly run, he was coming to babysit pure and simple.

Suddenly her stomach growled and washed away any negative thoughts for this evening. Right now all she cared about was a smoked ham and salami sandwhich with mustard and swiss.

(ooc : Diane out)