Danger Kem Raaisu?

Aidan had left for an ER shift and Nikhila really had no desire to try and sleep, so she'd decided to try and go over her notes from the lab, which were all over The Academy. Well she was the boss, so it was no problem to make the short walk to her office and try and get some work done, even in the middle of the night.

Maybe, just maybe she could work out what was going on. It was possible she'd be able to make one final stab at throwing them off the trail. However, she'd called the lab though and discovered -all- of her work had been confiscated and her lab assistant had been informed she'd quit. Apparently, Hoang worked fast.

Well there was nothing she could do about it, she would tell Aidan later. But she'd not left anything there that would be too incriminating, nothing that would give them an edge, especially as they already knew who she was. But some of that work had been biased on the information Kem had provided her. It would be easily traced back to Meridian and probably to Kem.

She that worried her. These vampires were ruthless. Granted there were some rumors about Meridian, but she liked Kem. He'd always been very nice and quite helpful and had put up with her professor-ish tendencies with grace. She'd not leave him unprepared.

Granted it was the middle of the night, but it was only an email she wouldn't be disturbing him. She sighed and tried to figure out how to alert him without sounding like a freak or giving anything away.

To: [email]Kem.Raaisu@Meridian.org[/email]

Subject: Research

Kem, again I'd like to thank you for the research you've helped me compile. It has been quite invaluable to my work.

However, I thought it prudent to advise you that I am no longer with the project. It was not necessarily a mutual decision.

I did want to let you know that the information you provided me as well as my notes regarding the original sources was confiscated without my knowledge.

You might be receiving some inquiries about it in the near future.

Regards,

Nikhila

It wasn't worded quite strongly enough to suit her. But it was the best she could do for now.

((OOC...this thread takes place via Email. Kem is not actually on pack grounds.))

Kem`Raaisu 13 years ago
To: [email]N_Gounder@Stafford.edu[/email]

Subject: Re:Research

Nikhila,

Thanks for the tip. If you would be so kind as to share with me the name or names and contacts of the people who have taken over your project, I'll pursue it independently.

The records in question were released to your care and are the legal property of Meridian Apex Enterprises. If you are no longer in possession of them, they are to be returned to Meridian at once, copies or no.

On a personal note, I'm sorry to hear it. You seemed like you were genuinely interested and excited about your research. Thanks again for the heads-up; let me know if there's any way I can help you.

-KR.
Nikhila 13 years ago

Subject: Re: Research

To be honest I'm not sure who would have taken over my work. It is possible it has simply been eliminated. The staff has been informed any professional communication with me could be a violation of their NDAs.

My research assistant, Jeffery Small, may have some information and the most likely person to take over my work is Dr. Richard Granger.

I suspect, however, that my work is in the possession of a Mr. Bao Hoang. He is a lawyer for the project. While I hesitate to do so, I would venture a personal opinion of Mr. Hoang. He is a force to be reckoned with and has been rather leery of my work for several months now.

It was an excellent opportunity and a fascinating line of research. I'm sorry to lose it. While I have had several personal projects come up, I may try to continue this work independently. I would be grateful for any assistance your archives can provide should I attempt to do so.

NG
Kem`Raaisu 13 years ago

Nikhila,

Once again, thanks for the information. I'm glad to hear the information is in the hands of a lawyer, at any rate. It will make it easier for us to reacquire our material.

What makes you think there may be inquiries about the material, if you don't mind my asking? It seemed pretty innocuous. At any rate, they will likely be hearing from us before we hear from them, as my primary concern is the return of Meridian's property to it rightful place in our archives.

Incidentally, the archives are open to you should you need them. I don't think I'll be able to authorize another such release of research material after this but I may be able to arrange for you to come and study what you need.

-KR
Nikhila 13 years ago

Kem,

I do hope the information is of some help. He heads a firm which is based here in Nachton so he should be easy enough to contact. I certainly hope he is cooperative. I hate to impose but if there is any way you might be able to retrieve my notes as well it would be appreciated. Of course, I will also be talking to our council here at the Academy along these lines as well so you need not, of course, feel obligated. I'm sure your lawyers have more than enough to do. Should our council recover Meridian's property it will be returned immediately.

What I was working on was not necessarily the projects end goal. This project seems to have been running for years off and on under different management and through different labs and companies, possibly even different countries. My best guess is that they are working towards some type of genetic manipulation, possibly something that could be used as a weapon. Of course, I'm not certain, those are only my suspicions. But sufficed to say they are extremely proprietary about the work their people produce.

I certainly do apologize. It really is quite embarrassing and rather upsetting. I've never had my materials confiscated in such a manner. So I do understand why you'd be unable to release anything further. I would appreciate any help you can offer in the future. And while I cannot see you needing any of the Academy's resources I'd be happy to see what we might be able to offer should the need arise.

NG
Kem`Raaisu 13 years ago

Nikhila,

Unfortunately I doubt there's much I can do about your notes since they're most certainly out of our legal rights. If they happen to fall into the pile, I'll make sure they get back to you. Should your counsel recover Meridian's property, I will be grateful to have it returned. But as I said earlier, there's no need to concern yourself with it. I'm sure our lawyers will be in contact to get your side of the events as they happened.

Thanks for the offer; there may be a day when I take you up on it. Should you need to arrange a visit to our archives, you have my email; please don't hesitate to use it. Once more, thanks for the heads-up and good luck with your research.

-KR
Nikhila 13 years ago

Kem,

Of course, please don't worry about it. But as you said if they wind up in the pile...

Thank you again for your help and for being so understanding about this mess. I hope Hoang is cooperative.

Please don't hesitate to contact me if I might be of assistance.

All the best,

NG

Nikhila hit send and leaned back in her chair. It was very probably that Meridian would be able to retrieve their property. Hoang probably played by the rules, at least where the law was concerned.

But, although not central in the fighting, he had held his own in the park and given what she had seen around him Nikhila had no doubt he could be vicious and ruthless. She hoped he wouldn't take it out on Kem. Although, he would undoubtedly know who had alerted Meridian to their confiscated documents and he would -not- be happy with her. Perhaps it was just as well Xeph had asked her to stay on the grounds.

Looking at the time she realized it was quite late, or early, depending on how you looked at it. Odd that Kem would have been up and working at this hour, maybe the rumors were true. Of course she was up and working at this hour so perhaps they weren't. Stretching and yawning she decided right now, she didn't care. It was time for bed, she had to be up in a few hours for a meeting.

Switching off the computer she walked back to their rooms with the intention of getting some sleep.

((OOC... both out))