Can't Stop the Moonlight ((attn: Amir))

Dana sat cross-legged in the very center of the conference room table surrounded almost completely by small stacks of paper. If Bao had been in the office, she would have never actually sat on the table. She'd started off as usual, at the end of the table, then she moved to the side. It was only when she found herself pacing the length of the table over and over, that she gave up and climbed up with the papers.

She'd left this project to a night when Bao would be out, as she knew it would be dusty dirty work and had worn gray yoga pants and a white camisole, her long pale hair was pulled into a pony's tail at the back of her head with a piece or black ribbon. Her feet were bare, as she'd left the sandals she'd worn on the floor.

It had been a full day and nearly a full night since the inccident in the park, and Dana hadn't seen Amir since he left her, nearly fully healed and with a gentle yet thorough kiss, to do whatever it was he needed to do. She worried for him, and had immersed herself in the sorting of this clients papers. The client had literally sent them everything in a cardboard bank box that had one briefcase and then random papers stuffed inside. It was up to Dana to sort it all out and provide him with new papers for his new life in South Wales. The reason it was her project is that ever single paper was written or typed in Irish Gaelic.

Finally laying the last yellowing piece of paper on its corresponding pile, a smile curled her lips as she brushed her dusty hands on her duty pants. Folding her knees together, she pushed up and stood. Very carefully she stepped over the papers and jumped lightly to the floor.

With a soft sigh, she crossed her ankles and bent double until her forehead touched her shin. Touching the floor behind her feet, she pulled her body in as close as it would go, and a soft hum escaped her throat. Very slowly she, she bent her knees, then tumbled back and ended on her feet again.

A satisfied smile curled her lips as she stepped back to the table to gather the papers for filing.

Amir 13 years ago
Amir was preoccupied, which was to be expected more or less, given the events of the last 48 hours. After his meeting with Mara he'd gone back to the Manor and made his report to Subira, who had received it with mixed response. On the one hand she'd seemed thrilled that seven of the wolves' number were gone. On the other, his run-in with Xephier had put an entirely new spin on their relationship with Nachton's new wolf packs.

All in all, Amir hadn't been entirely sure how to gauge Subira's reaction. She'd commended him on a job well done, and told him to proceed. And yet there hadn't been any particular joy in it. For the first time, he felt a slight gap beginning to form between him and his creator.

He'd told Dana he would meet her at Bao's office, so that was where he was headed now. Bao himself had said he'd be in and out, but Amir would worry about catching up with Bao later that morning. For now he took the elevator up to Bao's place of business and let himself in.

He heard noises from the conference room so that was where he went, to find Dana seated atop the table amidst a sea of paperwork.

"Looks like fun."
Dana 13 years ago
She felt safe in Bao's office, so she left her guard down. She was expecting Amir, but his timing was always a bit different than her own. Enough so that he startled her in her regained perch on the table.

She looked over her shoulder and smiled before placing the stack of papers horizontal to the vertical one in front of her.
"I was wondering when you'd show up."

Quickly but neatly finishing her task, she set the papers away from her, spun on her bottom, and jumped down from the table. She takes a moment to study Amir, he looked whole and healthy and that pleased her. Crossing to him, she wrapped her arms around his waist. "Sorry about the dust."
Amir 13 years ago
Amir lifted one shoulder helplessly. "Work," he said with half a smile. It was an excuse Dana was going to get used to hearing, and now she understood it had a great many meanings.

"Didn't notice it," he said as Dana closed the space between them.

He put his arms around her; she was so slight. She could slip away easily. He tipped his head down and brushed his lips softly against hers.

"Did you have something in mind?"

Obviously she'd been waiting for him, but she hadn't previously mentioned anything specific she had wanted to do. He definitely owed her a nice night; even if she'd been unaware of it initially, she'd been the one who had brought news of his plans to Mara.
Dana 13 years ago
Dana enjoyed the kiss for what it was, a greeting, and pulled back from him slightly so she could look in his eyes.

"I need a shower and a work out and not necessarily in that order."

A slow grin curled the corners of her mouth. She was in need of another good sparring match, or a great deal of stretching, but any kind of work out would do in her mind.
Amir 13 years ago
Amir winced at the prospect of both Dana's suggestions, but he kept the expression slight. Sparring did not appeal just yet. Whole he may be but there was still a twinge here and there. It was a weak reason though. As to the other... he let his arms lay loosely around Dana's hips and gave her a slightly impish grin.

"Ah, go easy on me nuuri," he said with a hint of regret in his voice. "It's been a rough day."

He couldn't explain this new apathy he felt. It was as if he couldn't quite engage his heart in anything at the moment. Things were... uncomfortable. Not organized the way he wanted them. Stressful. Whatever the word. It wasn't Dana's problem, it was his.

Normally he wouldn't have lowered himself to admitting any sort of weakness, but Dana was Dana. Whatever she might have been had they met differently, she was a friend now, and he leaned a little bit on her. It didn't feel the same, he thought vaguely. The same as what, he wasn't sure. But Dana was there and he was glad for it, and for her.

"I thought maybe we could go somewhere. After you shower. Someplace quiet."

That thought was more appealing to him right now than pounding her around the arena at Heolfor.
Dana 13 years ago
Her smile softened and she could have smacked herself in the forehead. Of course he had no desire to use his body in such acrobatics. In apology, she wrapped her arms tighter around him, molding her body to his.

"Depending upon what you wish to do, my shower can wait. I can just wash my hands and face and change clothes. It is really only the dust I wish to get off."

She'd brought a change of clothing with her, as she had no idea what Amir had wanted to do. It was a simple little dress that would be at home where ever he chose to go, unless he chose the opera.
Amir 13 years ago
Amir smiled at Dana's acquiescence, feeling a surge of relief. He hadn't had any specific plans in mind, though, and looked down at her thoughtfully.

"I don't think we need to do anything elaborate," he said slowly, still considering. "Just something quiet."

That was mostly what he desired; peace and quiet. A chance to think. Not that he would really be able to think properly with Dana present, but her company was welcome and desirable. There were a number of places in Nachton and outside of it that would meet those criteria; it was just a matter of which was most appealing to them both.

"I need to get a boat," he said suddenly, seemingly at random.

That would be perfect, really. As much as Amir didn't like the concept of drowning, he was still at home on the water. There, out on the waves, was the ultimate quiet. The larger the boat the better, really. And if he was going to be in Nachton for a considerable length of time he would have plenty of opportunity for sailing.

He shook his head.
"That's neither here nor there," he said, "and it doesn't solve the question for tonight. Is there anywhere you'd like to go?"

He looked at Dana hopefully; maybe she had some other desires that didn't involve rigorous physical activity for this one night.
Dana 13 years ago
She blinked at him, a boat? Well alright, but she didn't have water appropriate clothing. Oh...that was a concept not something he wanted to do tonight. Sometimes she became a little lost in his thought processes.

"Nothing specific really. There are still things on my list I wish to try, but none of them qualify as quiet. We could..."

She thought over the information she'd gathered from guide books, and fished out the quiet things. "Visit the Gardens, or the Museum. I understand there is a Pompeii exhibit there right now. Or we could go see a movie or there is that arcade, but I'm not sure that's the kind of quiet you were looking for."

Her brain sifted through more of the information. "If you really feel like sailing, I think we can rent a boat for the night."
Amir 13 years ago
Amir shook his head at the idea of renting a boat. No, he wanted a real boat. Not one of the cheap plastic and metal powerboats. He narrowed his eyes thoughtfully, determined to follow through on this particular desire. Why not? It wasn't as if he didn't have the funds.

He would have suggested a short flight but he knew Dana didn't like planes. It didn't matter. Heights weren't for everyone. He would go at a later date. For now he'd offered to spend time with her tonight and he turned his attention to her suggestions.

"Either one," he said. Both the Gardens and the Museum would be sufficiently quiet and low-key. He was aware of having turned down Dana's first suggestions with his own desire for something laid back, so it only seemed fair to let her choose the venue.

"As long as it doesn't involve throwing anyone or being thrown by anyone," he said with a quick grin.
Dana 13 years ago
Dana was almost certain they could stand here and not decide for the rest of the night, but she had no desire for that.

"Alright, let's go to the Gardens. I've only been once since coming to Nachton."

She brushed her lips to his again and pulled away. "Just give me a few moments to freshen up a bit."

She moved to the closet in the room, the one which stored her locked file cabinets and pulled the dress and its hanger from the hook on the back of the door. With it in hand she walked to the washroom, and hung it there. She undressed as the water in the sink warmed, then quickly washed the dust from her arms and face, drying with one of the plush hand towels stacked over the sink.

Felling much more comfortable, she pulled the dress from its hanger and slipped it over her head and very carefully smoothed the sky blue fabric into place. It was just a simple a-line sundress made of thin rather floaty material, and thin straps over her shoulders.

Satisfied she pulled the ribbon from her hair and shook the long fragile locks out to fall across her back and shoulders. The fine silken strands made a lovely halo around her face. With a smile she carefully folded her dusty clothes, and returned with them and the hanger to the conference room.[/i]

"Alright then. Are we taking a vehicle or shall we walk?"
Amir 13 years ago
Amir allowed himself another small smile; at least Dana was all right with his somewhat ambivalent mood. He nodded at her decision; the gardens suited him well enough.

He waited while she retrieved her change of clothes and disappeared into the bathroom. When she emerged she did look a little happier. Amir brushed his hand through her hair and said,
"Pretty," by way of compliment.

Her question about transportation was easily answered.
"Let's walk," he said quickly. He preferred it tonight. The air was warm, the city, while not exactly quiet, wasn't obnoxiously loud either.

He held his hand out for Dana, waiting for her to take it before heading them out and into the elevator toward the ground floor.
Dana 13 years ago
A pretty little blush stained her cheeks and she smiled. "Thank you."

She tucked the dirty clothes into a duffel bag on the floor of the closet and left it there. She would get it the next time she was here, it was out of the way and wouldn't be bothered. And returned the hanger to its hook, before taking Amir's hand.

They rode the elevator down and with in moments were out on the street. The summer was beginning to show itself and the nights just weren't as cool as they had been, and the heat mashed on her a bit. She was not completely unused to hot weather, but she did not particularly like it. She would however, adjust.

The sidewalk was not teeming with humanity in this part of downtown and Dana was glad of it. It was nice to walk hand in hand with Amir and actually stand by his side.
Amir 13 years ago
Amir was still on edge from the previous night and with good reason; he was sure tha by now there were plenty of wolves in human clothing looking for him, as well as Mara and Bao. He didn't suspect there would be any issues for the moment; they were staying public after all, but he did hesitate in their course of action when he realized that they probably hadn't seen Dana before.

He assessed her carefully as they walked; she had asked to be involved. He wasn't going to try and shelter her, or any of his children, but there was a difference between not sheltering them and throwing them headlong into danger.

Nonetheless he wasn't about to live in fear, and this could always be turned into a more positive lesson.

"Keep your eyes peeled," he said softly as they walked. "They're out here too, and they're going to be watching for me. And that means they'll see you too."

No, Dana needed to know this. She had admitted that she hadn't been prepared for what she'd seen previously. That meant more study, more knowledge. She could handle it. She lacked confidence in her ability to deal with so much new information, but Amir didn't. And for the time being, she could borrow some of his.

Thus, the short walk to Vesper was enjoyable, but tempered with a little bit of caution. Either way they made it to the Gardens without incident, and soon entered into a little bit of peace and quiet inside Nachton itself, which was, really, all they could ask for that evening.

((ooc: Amir and Dana out to Vesper))