What a...Fascinating Place You Have Here. (Open)

It did not take as long as she expected to arrive on the outskirts of town in what appeared to be an old slaughter house district, but now looked...abandoned was the best word she could come up with.

Carefully Kat navigated her way to the correct address, as her GPS died just after entering the area and she was left to figure it out on her own. Finally she came to the correct address, and stopped at the front of the building. This...this was the grand glorious head quarters of her illustrious clan? This was the place the, from what she gleanned, sadistic, slightly crazy, very leathal leader of their clan resided? It seemed a bit far fetched to her. Peter had warned her it wasn't much to look at on the surface and to keep in mind the vampire's entire existance was based around staying hidden.

Shrugging, Kat parked the car in a dark alley down the road and walked back, back pack slung across her back, and suitcase left in the car. Following the meticulously memorized directions, Kat made it to what amounted to the front door announced her arrival.

Peter had warned her that she would be watched from the moment she stepped foot on the property and to be careful of her body language, speech, and attitude. And if they chose not to allow her access, then to let him know. That seemed odd to her. He was supposed to alert them of her coming and they should be expecting her and as a precaution she had a letter in her back pack addressed to the clan leader.

(open...someone please let her in the front door....)

Kenley Merriweather 14 years ago
Kenley ran back from her quarters as soon as she heard her computer signaling an arrival. She hadn't even gotten the chance to slip on her shoes, but was at least getting the side zipper of her pencil cut skirt when she circled her desk and answered the message coming in from the Mercs stationed outside. She scanned the monitors quickly, reading the flow of information about the newcomer.

The face recognition program came up with nothing. Clicking the speakerphone on her desk, Kenley relayed commands to the Merc on duty.

'Well...I guess ask her who she is?'
Merc 14 years ago
The Merc on duty was Jasper Williams. A trusted and long time Tacharan member, he had managed to stay alive even after the Hillman raid and had stayed on with the transition of leadership. Admittedly he preferred the new Leader's management style compared to the previous - which meant less hunting his own kind and more intelligence gathering.

He had watched the new female approach via the long dirty road that was very much off the beaten path and one that no one would take unless they knew what was out in the abandoned slaughter house district. Kenley's voice chirped into his ear after he had already began moving to the female's location.

Her body language seemed at ease...maybe a little confused, which at least told him that 'new' was the operative word, at least for being around these parts. Still, that didn't mean anything. With Kenley's approval to approach her, Jasper stepped out of his blending a good thirty feet from where the female was standing and waited for her to notice him.
Kat 14 years ago
A movement in her periferal vision, had her head turning. She studied the man standing there. He looked the security guard type, had one of those little ear pieces and everything. "I like him, he's cute." A mental eye-roll was her only acknowledgment of the voice.

"Hello there." She smiled at him, a closed lip curling. "I'm Kat Pavlovsky, hopefully I'm expected."

She turned her body to face him, her stance loose, ready to defend herself, but not in a defensive position. She mentally ran down the knives on her person, one in each knee high boot, one at her back, the sheath attached to the inside of the waistband of her mid thigh length purple leather skirt, one in the left cup of her bra, and one throwing knife under each armpit, over her black v-neck t-shirt, and under the black leather cropped jacket. She could get to any one of them, and she'd hit him with it but she'd most likely have a bullet in her body by the time it was there.
Merc 14 years ago
Jasper stood stoically as the newcomer introduced herself. Immediately Kenley began speaking in his ear, giving him permission to lead her down to the Lobby. Closing the distance, Jasper nodded to the woman and then signaled for the lift down to the Domicile.

'Come with me, Miss Pavlovsky.'

He lead her further into the abandoned ruins just as the elevator doors opened up like a wide, hidden steel mouth. He held a hand out to her, ushering her in, and then he turned toward the clear panel on the wall and pressed his hand firmly against it. He didn't even feel the needles that sampled his blood and identified his DNA anymore.

Jasper silently watched her as the lift took them down into the bowels of the Domicile and came to a soft rest at the bottom.

'Miss Merriweather will meet you in the lobby.' He nodded toward the doors, but remained inside. Kenley could handle herself.

((OOC hope it was ok to move her, if not, let me know and I can change it.))
Kenley ran back to her apartment and slipped on a pair of sling backs. Running back out to her office, she grabbed her digital pad and exited out into the lobby.

Kat Pavlovsky's name was in the Tacharan database, from one of the outside clan branches. There was no reason to deny her admittance into the clan, so Kenley looked forward to meeting her. Tapping her digi-pad against her thigh, she waited for Miss Pavlovsky to enter.
Kat 14 years ago
Kat followed the man deeper into the abandoned building, intrigued by the way the elevator door opened from a seemingly empty wall. This was indeed a covert operation and she was delighted, Peter had sent her here.

She tilted her head slightly watching his every move, noting the security features of the elevator and the fact that it was the only elevator she'd been in with an undetectable ceiling panel. It didn't occur to her that there might not be one, only that it was cleverly hidden and quite possibly very difficult to open with out the proper protocols.

When the doors wooshed open, and he directed her out she gave him her best see-I'm-harmless smile, and walked out the doors, with her body turned at a slight angle to him. She did not know him well enough to give him her back, nor was she stupid enough to think he could be trusted just because they were in the same clan. Animals are animals whether they walk on two legs or four and any sign of weakness would be exploited.

Only when the doors closed again, and she heard the machinery move, did she turn fully to the room. She took a moment to look the space over, noting egress and hiding places, while keeping one eye on the red head across the way. "You know if we ignore her long enough she might go away and let us explore on our own. Or we could say hello and then kill her and then we could explore on our own. Your choice."

Kat sighed softly, and turned a smiling face to the woman, she'd choose neither option, as they would upset Peter, if not for that she might have been tempted to listen to Magdalene.

"You must be Miss Merriweather." She crossed the room and stood several feet from the woman. "I'm Kat Pavlovsky, Peter Taras sent me."

Peter Taras' name was in the system, but as far as she knew, had never been to Nachton proper. Miss Pavlovsky was his protege, but no mention of her heritage had been noticed. That mattered little, the invitation to Tacharan was solid, despite being the child of one.

'Miss Pavlovsky, please call me Kenley. I'm the executive assistant here. Welcome to the Domicile.'

Kenley walked passed Kat to a dark computer panel located next to the elevator. Waving her hand in front of the panel lit the screen and it waited for Kenley's query. Leaning casually against the wall, which was how Carol showed her the panel for the first time, she entered the code for process and identification.

'If you don't mind, it'll be easier to just get this out of the way.' A small tray slid out from beneath the panel. It was the imprint of a hand and smooth solid steel. 'This is for identification purposes only. This entitles you to quarters here at the Domicile and free reign, for the most part.'

Kenly smiled sweetly at Kat Pavlovsky and waited.
Kat 14 years ago
"Mmm, it's just Kat and thanks."

She made a dismissive kind of gesture, she didn't like being called by her last name all that much, and since the woman had given her first name, it was only right that Kat should give hers, right?

Kat watched as Kenley walked past her, turning to keep her at her front. A lifted eyebrow was her response to Kenley's words. Identification? Quarters? She'd not come here for charity or to be logged into someone's database. She wondered if this is what Peter meant by making herself know to and available for the clan leader upon arriving in Nachton? Would being identified put her in contract to these people, pulling her from her set task? Who the hell cares? Free lodging, that's crazy protected, plus that good looking security guard, and this tasty little number here and they're just a sampling of what could be waiting deeper in this place. I say live it up, Fraulein.

He had a point, she wouldn't have to find a place to stay, make it light proof, and come across money to pay for it. And if they needed her to do the odd job or two, well then it was win-win. With a shrug, she crossed the room to join Kenley. It didn't take a rocket scientist to figure she was supposed to put her hand on the little glass plate.

What she didn't expect was the sharp stabs in each one of her finger tips. It went against everything she knew to leave her hand there. Peter did not warn her about this, and she was going to give him an earful when next they spoke. After what seemed like ages, the needles retreated from her fingers and she was able to lift her hand and examine the damage.
"Well, that was interesting."
'Yeah, sorry about that. Believe me, it shocked the hell out of me, too.' Kenley grinned at Kat and walked back across the lobby to her office door.

'Let's have a seat in my office and discuss your plans, if any, with us here at the Domicile. If you like, you can meet the Leader as well.'

Kenley stood by her door, opening it with a slight push. Walking into her office, she stood by her desk and offered a plus chair to the newcomer
. 'Come on in.'

She'd have to think of a less surprising way to induct people into the Domicile computers. The DNA sampler had been the primary use of cataloging members for years, but Kenley's father had mentioned some new technology that could easily be implemented. She let her mind stray while waiting on Kat to make herself comfortable.
Kat 14 years ago
The oddity of this whole situation made her chuckle softly as she followed Kenley into her office.

"Yes, I'd like to meet the Leader if it's possible."

She had orders after all. Peter didn't give her many any more, so she did her damnedest to follow them when he did.

She took the seat offered her, crossing one bare leg over the other, so that should they be needed, her knives had clean egress. It occurred to her, that she'd not been searched, perhaps these people just took it for granted that most vampires entering here were armed. A small shrug pushed the thought away, she didn't particularly care, so long as she wasn't disarmed.

"Thank you."

She took her time assessing the room around her, absently she blew and popped a bubble with the gum in her mouth. Kenley had decent taste, and the chair was comfortable, a bonus.

"I've no specific plans at the, what did you call it? Domicile? Peter bade me come here upon arriving in Nachton, and so I have done. Beyond that my plans are...vague."

They weren't actually, but she'd not share them with this perfect stranger anyway.
Kenley could not help but grin. She was fairly certain that there was more to Kat's visit, but being vague wasn't unusual. Carol seemed to have a way with people, but Kenley leaned more toward professional and polite than being a person's immediate best friend. It worked for Carol though, there was no doubt.

'I'm not here to pry into your life, Kat, or whatever reason you're here in Nachton. You are Tacharan and the Leader extends an invitation to all members, new or old, local or abroad. I'm here to help you in anyway I can to assimilate to the city and prepare a home for you here.'

Kenley leaned back against her desk and slid a business card that was laying flat on the desk to the edge and presented it to the newcomer.

'Unfortunately the Leader isn't here at the moment, but I can make arrangements for you to meet him elsewhere. The Abby next door or in town. You're welcomed to wander over to the Abbatoir which is a private club for members and their guests. Sort of free for all, so to speak. There are computer panels everywhere and will respond to your touch now - so ask it for directions or for locating any member. The elevators are voice controlled and will take you to any non-restricted area. There is already an apartment waiting for you, just tell it your name. Let me know if there's anything you need for it. Anytime, day or night, I'm happy to assist in any way.'
Kat 14 years ago
Surreal...that was the word she'd been struggling for. This whole thing was surreal. She took the card from Kenley and slipped it into the inside breast pocket of her jacket.

"Ah, so...that's it then? I just set up an appointment with you to meet the Leader at this church and that's all there is to it?"

Do you know what we should do? We should ask her for hunting grounds recommendations. You know this girl knows where the best hunting spots are. Then we don't have to do the dirty work. Did I mention we're hungry, you should have eaten more before we left.

Sighing she blocked the babbling words of Michael from her mind and smiled at Kenley.

"Let's do that, and then I'll settle into the apartment you have for me. As far as I know the only thing I'll possibly need is linens if it's already furnished."
'It's furnished, but if you require any changes or decorations, just let me know.' Kenley pushed off the desk and added, 'And the Abby isn't a church, but I'll let you see for yourself.'

A church? Kenley grinned again, far from it.

'I'll get a message to you at your apartment, letting you know the time then.'

Again Kenley held her hand out to the door, and with a gracious smile, offered her services once again. 'If there's nothing else then...?'

((Ooc- If you want to head to your apartment first, you can say Kenley's left a message for you to meet Simon at whatever time you like. Just let me know =D ))
Kat 14 years ago
((okey doke...thanks for playing along ))

An Abby that wasn't a church? This place was so odd. Kat could only hope she didn't make a fool of herself in the midst of such strange culture. Don't worry honey, we'll make sure you do alright.

"I'm sure that will be fine." Standing, she offered Kenley a small smile.

"I'll figure it out from here, thank you."

Leaving Kenley's office, she crossed back to elevator. This time the doors whooshed open as she approached and she stepped inside.

The doors closed and she stood there for a moment, recalling all that Kenley had told her.
"Kat?"

Her knees bent in reflex as the machinery started moving, there was nothing to indicate how far down beneath the earth they traveled, before they came to a stop. A melodious, slightly mechanical voice told her to turn right and look for the flashing panel. She followed instructions, finding the flashing panel next to the fourth door on the left. She stood there for a moment, not sure what to do next. Finally she bent forward to read the panel, and the door locks disengaged. As she pushed into the apartment, lights came up, muted yellow glows of table lamps in the living area. She walked past the entryway, pushing to door closed behind her.

For a few moments she stood and studied the area. The living space was furnished with plush leather couch and arm chairs, the ubiquitous tables, an entertainment center complete with television. To her right there was a dining area, and to her left a kitchen. Past the dining area was an open door way, she crossed to it, as she moved lights went down in one area and came up in the bedroom.

It was furnished with a large bed, side tables, dresser, and two doors. She could only assume one lead to a closet and the other a bathroom. Behind her the same mechanized voice spoke.
"You have a message waiting."

That Kenley was quick. Kat crossed back to the front door, locating the small panel located there. She depressed the flashing button and Kenley's voice filled her new home. She glanced at the watch on her arm, she had two hours until she was to meet the Leader at this Abby that wasn't a church. Pleanty of time to retrieve her car and suitcase, and get unpacked.

((Kat out...thanks again ))