Kat Pavlovsky- Tacharan

Basic Information

Birth Name: Ekatarina "call me Kat"Â? Pavlovsky
Aliases: Katia, Isabella, Elizabeth
Place of Birth: In the slums of Moscow, Russia
Age: (real and apparent) She was turned in 1795, 215 years ago; She appears in her early twenties, as she was turned at 21.
Male/Female: Female
Current Occupation: Jewel Thief
Past Occupation: Possibly a prostitute if those that found her are to be believed. She was a petty thief as she learned the trade before graduating her skills to art and then jewels.

Appearance

Hair Color: Chestnut brown
Length and Style: short and spiky (turned with long wavy locks)
Eye Color: chocolate brown
Skin Color: slightly tanned
Height: 5' 6"Â?
Weight: 145 lbs
Nationality: Russian
Race: Vampire
Body Type: long legged with curves (think Catherine Zeta-Jones)

Description (if an NPC) or name of your creator/gifter(if a PC): Her creator was a young vampire, born Victor Antonoff, but calling himself The Stalker, and not yet aware of the implications of his actions as a vampire. He solicited Kat's time, and took her to what he called his lair. He was a sadistic man and did his best to damage her. Kat being the seasoned prostitute that she was, turned the tables on him and he was forced to bite her sooner than he wanted to. Had he been human, her kitchen knife to his stomach would have been fatal.

Instead, he stood bleeding over her drained and dying body, not knowing that the blood he watched with sadistic glee drip into her mouth would change her into what he was. When she breathed her last, he took her back to the street he'd found her on, to a darkened alley, and covered her body with blankets and refuse, knowing it would be days or weeks before it was found and he would be long gone. He killed several more prostitutes, but none of the others rose up as the undead, before he moved east. He currently dwells in the slums of Hong Kong.

Kat doesn't know her creator, but she was found after making a bit too much of a mess by a man called Peter Taras who took her under his wing and taught her everything she knows.

Personal Questions

1. Describe your character's personality: Kat is cocky and confident, often sarcastic, but smiles easily.
2. Describe how your character would appear to a stranger (I.E. typical dress, way they carry themselves etc.) You'll see Kat most often in a pair of dark pants, usually black jeans, a form fitting t-shirt, black boots and a black leather jacket. "A girl has to look the part, right?"Â? A smile is always playing at the corners of her mouth, as if she knows something funny and you don't.
3. What does your character like? She enjoys the company of others, but only on her terms,this is due to a certain awkwardness she feels in social situations and the often wrong advice about social cues she gets from the voices. She loves a good vodka, as it is one of the few human things she still indulges in. And she finds music played on the piano relaxing, because Peter would often play for her when she was particularly stressed, teaching her that soothing herself was the best way to overcome anything.
4. Dislike? Traffic stresses her and can often cause her to listen too closely to the advice of Magdalene. Oddly Kat dislikes the snow, she does not care to be cold and wet at the same time and goes to great lengths to avoid the white stuff. She dislikes guns, feeling as though they are cheating really. She's equipped with this supernatural strength and quickness, what good is a gun? Beyond that she's willing to tolerate just about anything, and if a person gets too annoying, the business end of a long knife takes care of that right?
6. What are your fears? Kat fears that the voices will leave her. Once considering them a manifestation of her insanity, she now relies on them for company when she can find none.
She does in fact fear death, or as Peter calls it, final death. She likes who she is and the life she leads, so she is careful when entering new situations, so as not to meet her maker any time soon. She also fears meeting the vampire that turned her, she fears that some of her more violent tendencies come from his blood in her, and if that is the case, she wants nothing to do with the man/woman/monster.
7. What is your character's strengths and weaknesses? Kat has a quick temper; it takes little to anger her and a great deal to calm her down. She has a flawed policy of kill first and ask questions later. This can make it difficult for her to keep friends, or to remain in prolonged social situations. She does not trust easily. Peter taught her that as a survival mechanism. She did not trust him until well into their time together and she will be slow to trust anyone. Kat can have a difficult time picking up on social cues, and relies, sometimes too heavily, on the voices in her head to give her the guidance that she needs.

Kat adapts well to her environment, this makes it easy for her to go from job to job and place to place, blending into the populace and picking up colloquialisms quickly. Kat excels in thrown weapons, and hand to hand weapons, most especially a curve bladed hunting knife. Because she does not trust easily, she's good at getting information on the people around her. She's become excellent in research and can use what she learns to her own advantage.

Vampire -

Abilities: Contortion, Agility and Glamour

Flaws: Amnesia, Hears Voices

Hobbies & Skills: Peter was skilled in street fighting, and so taught her that as well. She's rather scrappy, but has no formal training in a martial art. As a way to train her fingers to be nimble and able to work independently and together, Peter had her learn how to play piano and how to knit.

Cosmetic Traits: There is a small black tattoo on the inside of her right wrist in neat Russian printing that says 167G1-3. After some research she believes that it is the serial number given to her as an infant in an orphanage, and that quite possibly she had been one of three siblings.

Quirks and Habits worthy of mention: She discovered chewing gum in the pocket of a soldier during the Second World War and has been chewing the stuff ever since. Kat always has a pack of some flavor or another in her pocket. Her favorite at the moment is Juicy Fruit.

Personal History : She opened her eyes in a dark alley, the sickly sweet smell of rotting garbage filled her nose, and the sounds of many little four legged creatures met her ears, but beyond those two facts she knew nothing. Not who she was or where she was. Her stomach rolled causing her to turn and vomit. When that was over, she pushed the thick blankets covering her away and carefully sat up. Not finding anything wounded or broken, she carefully stood. Looking down at herself, the young woman was appalled to see ragged skirt covering equally ragged petticoats, a ripped bodice over a broken corset and bare feet. From the end of the alley someone called out "You there!"Â? She turned and found a scruffy looking man; instinct sent her down the alley to him. Jumping from several feet away, she tackled him, took him to the ground and put sharp fangs in his throat.

He struggled beneath her, flopping around like a fish out of water, trying to dislodge the human turned leech. She held him to the ground with hands on his arms, hips jammed to his, and feet tucked around his thighs, riding him like a deranged rodeo clown. She drank until he stopped moving beneath her. When he stilled completely, she pried herself from his throat and looked into his eyes. It was the first time she watched the life leave a man's eyes. She thought perhaps she should be frightened or disgusted by what she'd just done, but she was strangely delighted.

"Of course you are dearie. He was a terrible man, just look at him."Â?

Her head turned back and forth as her eyes darted around, looking for the woman who had spoken. "Show yourself."Â? Her own voice startled her; it was low and slightly raspy. "A bedroom voice, you were made to please a man."Â?

Her eyes darted about again, looking for the man that had joined the woman. She saw no one, only the dead man beneath her. Laughter echoed around her, the man's laughter. "You won't be finding us where those pretty brown eyes can see."Â?

Ah, so she was insane. Of course, that made sense. She was hearing voices, didn't know her own name, nor where she was, and she'd just drunk blood from a man until he died. The thought made her stomach roll again, leaning to the side she vomited up about half of what she'd drank down, only it was thick and black instead of the bright red she was expecting. Wiping her mouth with the back of her hand, she stood again and looked about.

"Where to?"Â?

"Anywhere but here, dearie, let's go find a nice warm fire shall we?"Â?

Making her way to the end of the alley, she looked about. The buildings around her were sagging brick structures, that were beginning to crumble about their edges. Somewhere in the distance a dog barked, and a woman screamed. Not knowing what else to do, she turned left and began to walk. Suddenly a woman was hanging from a window in a building across the road.

"Ekatarina! Ekatarina!"Â? She looked up and the woman waved franticly at her. She pointed to herself and the precariously dangling woman nodded. "Ekatarina we thought you were killed. Come, come inside."Â?

Ekatarina? She was not sure she liked this name for herself. Still she shrugged, crossed the road, and entered the door of the building the woman had leaned out of. As she began to ascend the stairs a clattering sounded above her and the hanging woman was suddenly surging down the stairs at her. Stunned stillness took her as the woman hurled herself at Ekatarina and lifted her off the ground in a twirling hug. When she was finally set back on her feet, she took a moment to catch her breath and stare at the woman.

"Who are you?"Â?

The woman looked at her like she was insane, further cementing her theory.
"It's me Ryska. Don't you know me?"Â? When Ekatarina shook her head, the woman began to touch her all over as though looking for damage. "Oh, my dear, dear friend what has happened to you? Oh how very sad. Ok. Come, come, let us go upstairs and we will figure out the whole story together."Â?

Ryska took her up the stairs and led her into a dingy apartment, with bad furniture and a smell she couldn't quite place, it was sickly sweet like the garbage, but also smelled of the woman next to her and something dark and insidious. She set her upon the precarious perch of a rickety chair and began to talk. The voices in her head gave her words to say, and things to do with her hands and head as she sat. It seemed she'd left her station with a man three nights ago, and when she didn't return in the regular hour's time, they figured she'd been killed and had gone looking for her. After a full day and night, they gave up the search and had a nice service for her at the church just that morning. So Ryska was very astonished to see her wandering the streets.

Well that explained that...sort of. Finally she stopped the woman.
"Is my name
truly Ekatarina?"Â?

"Yes, yes it is."Â?

"We...I don't like it."Â?

Ryska looked at her oddly.
"Well, alright."Â?

"I think I shall call myself, Kat. I can do that right, give myself a different
name?"Â?

Another puzzled look,
"I guess so, yes."Â?

"Good. I think I'd like to sleep now."Â?

Yet another puzzled look,
"alright, I'll take you to your home, nothing has been removed yet. I was going to do that tomorrow. Sell off your things to pay for the service we had."Â?

"Thank you."Â? Ryska took her out of the dingy place and up the stairs again.

They stopped at a different door and she pulled a key from her pocket.

"I think it is safe to assume you no longer have your own key anymore. I'll give you my copy and we can make another later."Â?

"Thank you."Â? They went inside and her apartment smelled the same as Ryska's only with the other woman's scent replaced by what must have been her own. Though she didn't smell like that now. Ryska placed the key on a low table by a moth eaten armchair.

"I'll leave you to sleep, if you need anything, don't hesitate to come ask for it."Â?
Kat smiled at her. "Thank you."Â? She was once more startled into stillness as the woman picked her up into another hug.

"I'm so glad you're alive."Â?

"Yeah,"Â? she left and Kat went to look around the dingy smelly place. In a small room with a few more tattered articles of clothing and one rather pretty almost new looking dress, was a wide shard of crackled mirrored glass. Kat was drawn to the reflection there.

"Oh yes, I told you, you were built for the bedroom. Made for pleasin' a man."Â?

The pretty brown eyes rolled up into her head and she laughed.
"Well, time for sleeping."Â? Stripping off the dirty clothes, she crawled into the musty bed and fell instantly to sleep.

When she woke, the sun was sinking below the horizon, and someone was pounding on her door.
"You open up in there, you little whore."Â?

"Well, he sounds like good company."Â?
Kat laughed at the woman in her head.
"Sure he does."Â?

She tumbled from the bed and padded to the door. Turning the lock she yanked it open and looked up and up at the man standing there.
"Who are you and what do you want?"Â?

"Who am I, she says. Who am I?"Â? He laughed and shoved her into the room, slamming the door behind him. "I'm the man whose pocket you've been stealing from by being gone these last three days with some man, and coming back without so much as a how-do-you-do or a bit of coin for my hand."Â?

He shoved her again,
"that's who I am."Â?

"Don't shove me."Â?

He growled and lunged at her, she darted out of the way. When he recovered from his stumble, another growl came out of him. He grabbed for her and she went into his arms, jumping to cling to his body. He staggered under her unexpected weight and they tumbled to the ground.

"I told you not to shove me."Â?

"Oh yeah, get him good, girl."Â?

Spurred on by the man in her head, she hissed and sank her teeth into his neck. She drank until her stomach started to hurt, but he was still fighting. Not like that man in the alley. She removed her mouth from his neck, and lifted her hands to his head. He got in one good punch to her jaw before the man in her head told her how to twist his head to kill him. She watched his life leave his eyes, as the woman petted her and told her he had it coming.

As the nights wore on, she quickly sank into the madness of her own mind. Each night a new encounter brought a new reason to kill, and the police were beginning to look for her. The kills she was making were not your average serial killer M.O. and word got out in the underground that a monster was on the loose. Peter Taras had been given the task of collecting such monsters for his clan.

Peter found her stalking a well dressed man down a side street, as dawn approached. He grabbed her around the waist and bodily carried her kicking, growling, and bucking back up the street, and shoved her into a waiting carriage. The driver set whip to horses as she continued to struggle against the man.

"You have two choices here, you can calm yourself and listen or I can kill you now."Â?

"You'd best listen, dearie."Â?

With a huff she stopped moving. He sat her up on the bench beside him.
"You have been very naughty, young woman."Â?

Kat just glared at him.
"Alright, fine I'll give you two more choices. You can do as I tell you from now on, or I will send you to your final death. Vampires do not behave as you have and you must learn or you will die. Understood?"Â?

Her glare turned to puzzled, to dawning. That explained so much and yet nothing at all. Vampires were in storied books and the minds of little old ladies, they were not real. She was insane, not a vampire. There was a difference.

"What makes you think I'm a vampire?"Â? She would not accept his claims. In fact she really just wanted the voices to stop and the killing to end. It was enough that this man seemed willing to do that, but she would not give up without a fight. The thought made her sigh.

Turning to her, he gave her a grin that was she sane would have scared the life from her. His hand darted up and was prying open her jaw. He held up a small mirror for her to look into.

"Those should be your first indication, girl."Â?

Kat stopped fighting and stared into the little circle of glass. She'd not known those were there. Was that how she was able to bite so easily into those men's necks, wrists and thighs? It never occurred to her to look at her teeth. She had no recollection of what her mouth felt like before she woke up so she hadn't known anything was amiss.

"Oh well, that makes sense."Â? She wrested her face from his grip, "You know you wouldn't have done that if he hadn't let you, right girl?"Â? Kat ignored Michael and continued to study the pointy teeth in the mirror, rubbing her tongue along them.

"Do you have a name?"Â?

"Oh, I call myself Kat. They tell me my name is Ekatarina, but I don't like that."Â?

He chuckled.
"Alright Kat. I'm Peter. Who is your maker?"Â?

She pulled her eyes from the glass to him.
"My what?"Â?

"Who made you into a vampire? His name?"Â?

"Oh I don't know. I just woke up in an alley a few weeks ago. I can't remember a thing."Â?

He watched her for a moment, recalling all that he'd been told of the rogue vampire. He could understand now why she was doing what she was. Though in all fairness, there must have been a killer inside her before she was turned to cause her to slaughter with abandon as she had been. Well, there might be potential there. He looked her over, she had a nice body, well kept despite her origins, and she was nice to look at. Long wavy hair, dark pools for eyes, lush lips, rounded face in the shape of a heart, yes potential was there.

"Well Kat, I'll make you mine then. You'll study with me; learn how to be a good vampire. How to keep what you are a secret and not draw the attention of the police. I'll teach you to feed without killing. If you do all that I ask of you, you will become useful in our world. If you do not, I'll help you meet the sun. Do you understand?"Â?

Kat stared at Peter for a long while, mulling over all that he'd just said. What did she have to loose?

"Alright, but you'll have to teach me how to control the voices. They're driving me insane."Â?

"Voices?"Â?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Over the next hundred years, Peter taught Kat how to be what he was, a thief. She trained each day against the seven bells, learned how to fight, and how to live as a vampire. She returned his generosity with the only thing she had, and became his lover as well as his student. When he found her proficient enough, he sent her out to pull heists for low level treasures. When those were mastered, she graduated to art, and finally jewels.

She stayed with him until the Second World War, drawn by the chaos of the war; she moved to and lived in German occupied areas. It was fun and exciting to hide Jews from the Nazis and to help persecuted humans escape the atrocities inflicted on the. Plus Nazi soldiers were easy meals, as they felt entitled to every pretty girl they saw. When the war ended, she began to pull heists for the underground in the rebuilding nations, the need for a good jewel thief has yet to go away and it is one such job that has brought her to Nachton. While here, Peter has instructed her to seek out the heart of the clan and make herself and her abilities known and of use to the Clan Leader.

OOC Checklist

Player name (online is fine) - Sarah
Other Characters you play - Dana
How you came to SA (Other board, friend, etc) - Been here a while now...
Have you read all the Rules? Yes
Do you understand that this is an adult board with adult content (sometimes graphic and violent in nature)? yes
This board is adult only. Are you over the age of 18? Yes