I’m sweating now, moving slow
No time to think, my turn to go

And you can see my heart beating
You can see it through my chest
And I’m terrified but I’m not leaving
Know that I must must pass this test
So just pull the trigger

Russian Roulette - Rihanna

Simon left Panos to his guest and broke off in the opposite direction not watching where the man would go. With the entire place wired for sound and digital video, no one could hide. With confidence that Panos did not have the wherewithal to do any real damage, Simon headed back into the Domicile to check on a few things before meeting Ellis back at the Grand Piazza. Entering the elevator he opened his mouth to give it the level when he considered the last time he was in the Domicile.

Kenley.

With a high blush, he wiped at his lips unconsciously as the elevator remained still. She had been nothing but professional since the incident in her office, and for that he was grateful. He didn't feel the need to explain to her what it meant, but the urge to apologize was suddenly very intense. With a sigh Simon spoke the command for the main lobby.

Kenley Merriweather 14 years ago
With the new member settled back into the fold, Kenley had decided to take the long overdue shower and five or six hour meeting with her bed. The Leader had not requested anything further either by phone or her blackberry, so she felt it was alright to take a break.

Working in the Domicile was not a 9-5 job, not by a long shot. Her hours were long and work week endless, but she enjoyed the hell out of it nonetheless. Working within the clan was not new to her. Her family had been part of Tacharan for generations, but in a smaller capacity, so when the opportunity came up to fill in for the Executive Secretary, Kenley jumped at it. Meeting Carol had been a thrill and she was everything she had thought the pretty blond would be, even though- the circumstances of her departure were confusing. What with it being common knowledge that Carol belonged to the Leader, but it would appear things had changed and quickly. Asking around wasn't an option, so Kenley maintained her professional outlook and accepted that it was none of her business.

That was until the Leader crossed the line from professional to...Kenley stopped her train of thought. What line had he crossed? Was there even a line? Was this part of her job? Not that it bothered her, the Leader was enigmatic, dripping with silent charm, and handsome as all get out. No, Kenley had no problem with the Leader taking her on her desk - it was just a huge surprise.

Kenley stepped into quarters through the hallway connecting her office and her 'home', unbuttoning her shirt as she walked the single story apartment. No stairs like the clan members, but just as much square footage to be extremely comfortable. Five rooms were connected by a long hallway that extended almost 100 feet. An eating area, living room, and at the end the ridiculously sized closet adjacent to the equally large bedroom. A long apartment and Kenley loved it all.

Walking into the closet she unbuttoned her white Michael Kors Poplin Samari blouse with puffed, draping three-quarter sleeves. She couldn't believe it when she was told she received a clothing allowance on top of her rather gracious salary. Reaching back to unzip her black and white crosshatch print slip skirt, she rubbed her chin against her shoulder and just barely caught a glimpse of the Leader behind her.
Simon Huntington 14 years ago
Privacy settings throughout the Domicile had been set to allow Ellis and Simon entry into every section without hesitation, private domains included. He walked through the lobby into Kenley's office without pause and only stopped momentarily to reach out and to feel her presence. Turning toward the door leading to her private quarters, again he moved with purpose and followed the soft beating of her heart down the hallway to her quarters, only turning slighting to enter her walk-in closet.

She was undressing. Simon paused quietly at the doorway, listening to her the steady beat of her heart and the soft whisper of her breathing. Her long red hair was out of its usual tied ponytail and it swayed softly against the starch cotton of her blouse. She was unique, this human. Simon looked at her, head to toe, gauging her ability to embrace the 50's style while encompassing her own sense of style. Kenley was more cute than beautiful. Young, like Carol, but nothing at all like her...or Ellis for that matter. She was alluring in that uncalculating way - professionally polite and commanding in her position. Simon liked her.

As she reached back to undo the zipper of her skirt, her chin brushed her shoulder and gave him the perfect profile of her round face. Her lips were red, as per the 50's style, and her china doll bangs curled just enough to avoid dusting her long lashes. The swell of her cleavage was exposed through her opened blouse and when she jumped at noticing him, parted the open blouse even more till she grabbed it closed with her hands.

'Mr. Huntington!' She exclaimed. Simon noticed the husky rasp of her voice, something that telephone conversations did not do any justice. He watched her take two steps back, bumping into the large island in the middle of the closet. Kenley winced and looked back quickly at the island, seemingly admonishing it, and then tucked her red hair behind her left ear as her right clutched desperately to her blouse.

'Excuse me, Kenley. I didn't think you were retiring for the day.' Simon maintained eye contact so not to embarrass her further, but he remained still at the doorway when he simply could have waited for her in her office. These were the privileges of leadership.

'Was there something else, sir?' Kenley began buttoning her shirt closed and he could not help but watch.

Simon shook his head with pursed lips and looked around the closet. It was maybe 1/4 full, but the clothes were spread out to make it look like there was more. He pointed at the empty spaces and said without looking at her,
'Are you keeping your above ground apartment?'

'Oh,' she said, 'No, sir. I just...don't have a lot of clothes.' Kenley bordered on stammering but finished buttoning her blouse.

With a raise of his eyebrows Simon half snorted
, 'Yes, Carol was a bit of a clothes horse.' His voice trailed off at the sound of her name. Looking back at Kenley, Simon considered her silently for a moment. Her eyebrows furrowed in confusion and suddenly the rapid beating of her heart was so loud that he could practically see it through her chest. Simon took a small step forward, causing Kenley to cross her arms in front of her chest. He was even more sure of what he needed to say.

'I came to apologize.'
'You...I'm sorry, what?'

Kenley knew her place in the grand scheme of things. The vampire world varied in every aspect possible, but the common denominator, with all three clans, had been level of class. The Evenhet still honor their association with the humans, but it was just that...an association. To Tacharan...her family had been lucky. Servitude meant loyalty and this also provided a minimum amount of protection from Ellis, in both sense of the word. Simon Huntington, of all people, would know that. His plight after the raid had been whispered down the chain and throughout the world - Ellis ruled with not only an iron fist but a black heart, and because of it her downfall was unexpected and swift. Change had swept quickly throughout the clan, even the humans saw it, and that change was standing before her...apologizing.

'I don't understand, Mr. Huntington. Apologize for what?'

Something akin to shame flashed on his face and was followed by a slow, drawn out, 'Um....'

The embarrassment and flush in the Leader's face made the answer quite clear. Kenley's eyes narrowed in confusion. 'Mr. Huntington, are you apologizing for,' Kenley pointed behind him toward her office and felt the blush burn her cheeks, 'that...night?'

'Yes,' he said taking another step forward, 'I am. It was inappropriate.'

Again her mouth gaped open in shock and dismay. 'Sir....'

'Simon.'

'Uh, Simon.' Saying his name out loud just felt wrong, but she shook off the awkwardness considering she had all that should could handle right then. 'It is really not necessary. I understand that,' Kenley looked away, shrugging her shoulders, 'that what happened might be part of my servitude here in the Domicile.'

She looked back up into his face and was almost ashamed at what she said. Apparently he was.
The perks that one gets when one is in a position a power can be addicting, but sex from subordinates was not one he was comfortable with, nor would he ever. The fact that Kenley thought it was part of her job description disgusted him.

'That's not your job, Kenley. Your job is facilitating the demands that the clan is contracted to do and tending to any needs within the Domicile. Having sex on your desk with your boss isn't in your job description.'

'I'm sorry.' She said in a small voice, 'I thought...it was what you wanted?'

Simon closed the distance and put his hands on Kenley's arms, squeezing them gently. 'Honestly Kenley, if at any point you had said no, it wouldn't have happened.' He sighed feeling very stupid. 'What I want from you is your continued professionalism. You've completed each task perfectly and are very proactive.'

Was he giving her a review?

Shaking his head he lifted Kenley's chin with his hand and smiled down at her, much like a father
. 'It was inappropriate of me.' She looked at him with her soft green eyes. They did not make him feel fatherly in the least. Simon spread his fingers out along her jawline, running his thumb in circles around her chin. The hand on his shoulder began to move slowly up into the sleeve of her blouse.
Kenley blinked slowly as Simon spoke. His voice was soft and his hands were gentle on her skin. She was confused and exhilarated at the same time with goose bumps rising all over her body causing her nipples to brush against the lace of her bra. He was so tall and his eyes a chocolaty hazel brown with gold and green flecks. If what he did to her was inappropriate, she was just fine with that. Forcing herself to blink, she gave him a nod and a small smile.

He was standing too close to her. The touch of his fingers along her face and down her neck was pushing her to an end that they had both decided was 'inappropriate', but she wanted to cross that line with him again. And again. And again. Maybe he was waiting for her to do something. Maybe she was reading him wrong.

Maybe she should stop over thinking the damn situation.

'Apology accepted then.'
Simon found Kenley very attractive and the temptation to ruin yet another one of her shirts was almost overwhelming, but there had to be a line. He dropped his hands slowly and tucked them into the pockets of his black trousers.

'I'm glad.'

Taking a step back, he felt the electricity between them. She was just too young and vulnerable for him to stay, as much as he wanted to the soft bits of her hidden beneath her starched retro styled clothes. He couldn't just partake in her youthful body and have her not expect anything from him. That just wasn't what he wanted from her and that was wrong, as much as it felt right.

'G'night, Kenley.' He turned toward the doorway keeping his eyes on her until the last possible moment and then left as quietly as he had entered.
Kenley watched him leave as every fiber of her body ached for him. She was alone again in her not quite empty but definitely not full walk-in closet. With a huff she blew a bit of her red bangs out of her eyes and leaned back against the island.

'
Blergh,' she said with a sigh and began undressing again.

((OOC Simon and Kenley out))