NaNoWriMo

If you didn't know, November is National Novel Writing Month. This is a great opportunity to all of you aspiring but procrastinating authors to put your noses to the grindstone and write! You can check it out at www.nanowrimo.org but the long and short of it is, write 50,000 words before midnight on November 30 (about 175 pages). They don't have to be good, they don't have to form a really super-cohesive plot. it's about quantity over quality.

My responses may be slow, as I am trying my best to participate. I encourage you all to do the same, if you're interested! So far it's a lot of fun.

Celeste 14 years ago
You couldn't post this before 9 days have already passed? =p

It's an awesome idea but all my creative time at home will be focused on the Outer Rim exchange piece until its done. Maybe then I'll see what I can accomplish in 2 weeks
Aishe 14 years ago
/snort. Hindsight is 20/20. I didn't think about it. But I have faith. I started late too, so I'm also playing catch-up. I don't know if I'll make the 50k goal but I'm trying!
Aishe 14 years ago
And, completed.

If you missed it this year mark it on your calendar for next year. We've got some awesome writers floating around here and it would be great to see what you come up with for a short novel!

Mine's far from finished but I hit the 50k mark yesterday and have a super start on what isn't exactly the best book in the world, but has been an enormous learning experience nonetheless.
Amberelle DeEspionne 14 years ago
woot! Congrats =)
Dana 14 years ago
Great work! That's incredibly difficult to do and I'm really happy for you!
Valentine 14 years ago
if you promise me i can write one word 50K times and remind me about September I might consider attempting next year.

er... Grats again!