Making Friends (Attn: Amir)

As they drove through the streets of Nachton, Dana dug through her bags until she found the lovely little swimsuit that Cadence had talked her into.

She wiggled into the bottoms, before pulling her dress over her head, and fitting the top to her body. It fit nicely, and it was that moment she realized she didn't have a towel, well no matter, she didn't necessarily need one.

They finally left the noisy crush of the downtown area and into the lovely park that the sign denoted as the Nature Preserve. She wasn't sure how a nature preserve would provide water, but she chose not to question, the guy knew the city better than she did. He pulled to a stop in a small parking area and before her was the ocean, the beautiful, inviting ocean. Finally something familiar.

She gave the driver a smile, trying really hard to remember his name,
"Could you go pick up a couple of towels for me?"

He smiled back, "There are some in the trunk, we keep each car prepared for most things."

She should have known, the staff of the Manor was almost always one step ahead of her. She pulled the pins from her hair and ran a brush through it as she waited for him to come open her door. As she alighted he gave her two large black beach towels.

"Will there be anything else?"

She smiled again. "No, thank you. I'll call you when I'm ready to go home, but don't expect me before close to dawn."

He nodded and she set out for the surf foaming gently against the sand. As she walked, she noticed the beach was deserted, perfect. After walking two hundred feet or so, she dropped the towels, then turned to the water. She entered the salty waves until they licked her calves then sat, wrapping her arms around her knees and letting the waves swoosh around her body.

Amir 14 years ago
Amir had been spending a little time each night in the nature preserve. Contesting territory, he supposed. It made sense; he wanted to make himself known and he was accomplishing that goal.

It was late enough now, though, that he was starting to become thirsty. And the Preserve, while fun for games, sucked for meals. So he headed out from the woods, along the beach, walking back to the parking area where he'd left his bike.

As he glimpsed the lone figure in the surf he was torn between rolling his eyes and laughing. There were three kinds of people in Nachton right now, and Amir was familiar with them all. One was good for eating; one was good for antagonizing; and one - well, he supposed the third was for socializing. Either way a lone woman was interesting. She'd either be dinner, company, or, maybe, dead.

He was voting for dinner, but he supposed either of the other two would be acceptable. Putting on his best "Nice Guy" face, Amir made his way out onto the beach, ignoring the wet sand beneath his shoes.

"Nice night for a swim."

Nice night for a snack, too, especially when it sat there waiting to be snacked upon.
Dana 14 years ago
Dana sat staring out at the waves, her lower body soaked, her upper body still mostly dry. It was with some pride that she managed not to scream at the sudden voice beside her. Had she been so absorbed in the sea that she had completely lost all knowledge of the world around her? If so, she would have to work on that, she was not at home and this was not the little jut of land Lady Erin owned.

She looked up at the intruder on her space. Young man, young man's attire, not beach attire, he looked perfectly ordinary, though very handsome. Dana did the best she could not to let the intense desire to return her eyes to the surf and not speak to this man win.

Taking several deep breaths she managed a smile.
"It is at that."

To make it easier to look up at him, she put her hands back, burying her fingers in the sand, and tilted her chin up.

"This is my first time here, the water's warmer than I expected."

Look at me being social. She thought, her heart however hated her for it and beat wildly about in her chest. It wasn't fear that had the muscle racing, but shyness and anxiety. Was she doing all of this right or did the awkwardness she feel come across to this nice young man? Not to mention the tension she'd just suffered at the hands of Cadence had made her hungry, and he looked yummy.
Amir 14 years ago
Crazy woman, she wasn't supposed to agree with him. Honestly. Who swims alone at night? Did she have a death wish? Weren't you supposed to have a swim buddy or something?

Amir wasn't afraid of the water, necessarily... he just didn't like it much. Fortunately, he wasn't dressed for wading so he didn't feel obligated to join her right at the water's edge. He remained standing where he was, his eyes drifting out in the direction she'd been looking when he'd come upon her. He wondered briefly what she'd been looking at, or for.

Lifting one shoulder in an expression of ambivalence he said,
"I'll take your word for it."

He wasn't about to go check the water temperature. He did favor her with a smile though, turning back to look at her uptilted face in the moonlight She was pretty; he liked that. "I've only been here for a little while myself. You here on vacation?"

She hadn't asked him to leave, and her continued eye contact implied she wasn't opposed to his presence. Amir took a few moments to wonder if it would have mattered either way and decided he'd rather not frighten her and have her scream. The Waterfront was fairly close by.
Dana 14 years ago
His smile made his face...more, things low in her belly went tight, and the hunger rose in her throat. She must be more affected by the stresses of the day than she'd thought. Either that or she was just really hungry, her brain wandered over to the last time she'd fed. It surprised her to find out it had been nearly two weeks since she'd tricked that boy in the gardens.

"No, I just moved here."

Smiling, up at him she wondered briefly if she should stand, but decided to remain where she was for the moment.

"Are you vacationing?"
Amir 14 years ago
Amir definitely liked the girl's smile. She had an air of sweetness about her, of naivety. He preferred memorable meals to necessary, quick ones. He could play along for a while, make small talk. She seemed worth the effort.

He raised his eyebrows when she'd said she had just moved here.
"Really? How come? Are you going to college here?"

She looked about the right age, but either way it gave him a story to tell, too.
"That's why I'm here. I'm staying with some family, looking at colleges. I have a whole list of them, mostly within a few hours of here. Mom says be a doctor, dad says be a lawyer."

He rolled his eyes at her, making a face. "They always want 'the best for you' and those two professions always seem to come up, you know?"

Amir kept his smile plastered to his face, tilting his head so the moonlight reflected in his dark eyes, highlighted the planes of his face. He knew this game well, and if they were both having fun, well, then all the better he supposed.
Dana 14 years ago
She chuckled at the face he made. College, that would be a good cover story for now. It was nice of him to hand her lies.

"Yes, college. I was dying to get out of the little town we live in and our only family outside of Ireland is here in Nachton. So I'm to go to University here. I'm not thrilled about it. I was hoping for Paris."

She shrugged, that sounded right. She was going to have to research the universities in the area, hopefully he wouldn't ask too many more questions.

A breeze blew across the water causing Dana to shiver. She didn't like being cold in the heat, so she stood in a single easy movement.
"Sorry, I'm just going to grab a towel."

With an ease she really didn't feel, Dana walked to the towels and laid them out on the sand before plopping onto one. She was supposed to be a college student, so she'd act like the ones she'd seen in movies.

"So where are you from?"
Amir 14 years ago
"What a coincidence," Amir said. "What are you studying?"

He hadn't actually made it to the campus yet; it was one of his to-do items. Maybe this girl would be open to a "second date" as it were. That was putting the cart before the horse, however, so he put that notion on the back burner and continued making up pleasant lies, for no other reason than they were fun, and they clouded issues.

"Oh I'm from just about everywhere," he said. "We moved around a lot growing up. My folks are up north now. New York. My name is Amir, by the way."

He ignored her exposed flesh as she situated herself upon her towel. Simple manners dictated he not ogle her, even if he were inclined to look for that sort of gratification, which he definitely was not. He kept his gaze fixed on the sea while she got comfortable, before meeting her eyes again.
Dana 14 years ago
"What are you studying?"

She made a grimace at his question. How was she supposed to answer that one. What does one study at college? She'd done all of her studying at home.

"I haven't decided yet. I was hoping I could charm my way out of going, but that doesn't look to be working."

What was it with humans and exchanging names? She sighed, she was beginning to enjoy this young man's company, perhaps she could enjoy more of it at another time, so it was best to give him her real name so she wouldn't have to remember what name she'd given tonight.

"I'm Dana. It's nice to meet you Amir." She leaned forward and offered her hand. She was sure that this was a custom even modern teenagers engaged in.

"Would you like to join me on my towels?"
Amir 14 years ago
Amir tilted his head at the woman. "I'm surprised," he said. "I was so sure you could charm your way anywhere."

He gripped her offered hand lightly but firmly, making his first step toward her to do so.
"It's nice to meet you, Dana"

He was rewarded by an invitation that he wasn't about to refuse. Come closer? I'd love to! But he didn't want to seem too eager, so he appeared to consider for a moment before saying, "Sure, why not?" She did seem to have enough towels.

He left his feet off, trying not to get her towel covered in sand, but lowered himself gracefully down beside her. Once seated, he took in the ocean from the lower vantage point she had been at.

Nodding, he said,
"Yup. It's still full of water."
Dana 14 years ago
Watching him as he sat, Dana realized he was smaller than he'd seemed when standing above her. He wasn't much taller than she, though easily out-weighed her by at least half her own weight. Not that weight and height mattered when you could lift the man over your head and throw him several feet.

"Yup. It's still full of water."

Laughter, gentle and almost child-like, bubbled from her. She couldn't help it, it was such an unexpected thing for someone to say.

"Is that why you came down here? To make sure the ocean was still full of water?"
Amir 14 years ago
Dana had a nice laugh, Amir decided. Combined with her prettiness, she was definitely an acceptable snack. How nice of her to be conveniently alone on the beach. He didn't move though, because he was still of a divided opinion. She was either the dumbest, most trusting human in the history of the world (well, he supposed he'd met dumber humans), or there was a reason she felt safe sitting alone at night.

He continued to watch her, his lips fashining themselves into a much softer smile.
"I came down here because I was alone, and you were alone."

And because I'm hungry. And kind of bored.

Amir lifted a shoulder at her, his smile becoming slightly wry with a little twist in one corner.
"The worst that could have happened was you asked me to leave."

He leaned in toward Dana, fixing his eyes to hers.
"But you haven't asked me to leave."
Dana 14 years ago
The laughter died in Dana's throat as Amir fixed her with his lovely eyes. She'd never seen truly black eyes, brown so dark it looked black, but his were a true black. Or it could be just the way the moonlight bouncing off the water made them look.

She felt a bit like a moth trapped to a board with a pin. Was he implying what her fluttering heart and suddenly constricted lungs thought he was implying? Here on a beach...in public?

Surely not. Her cheeks went pink, a soft flush along the bone-line. She blinked, a slow moving of her eyelids. Though if he was it would make things that much more easy for her.

"No I didn't ask you to leave."

She shifted her position, perhaps it was an unconscious gesture to move further from that steady gaze or it may have been an invitation. She'd been sitting much the same way she'd been in the water. Now she lay back, propped up on one elbow, facing Amir, the leg closest to him straight and the other still bent. Her free arm resting in the bend of her body, her fingers finding a stray thread on the edge of the towel.
Amir 14 years ago
Amir's keen eyes saw her flush, even in the cool, dim moonlight. He watched her shift, admiring the contrast of her creamy skin against the black towels. He never let his gaze leave her though. Was her blush one of discomfort, or arousal? It didn't matter. Either way Dana was affected by it, and it suited his purpose to have her a little off-balance.

His smile warmed and he leaned further, refusing to allow her too much space.
"Do you want me to?"

Not much longer now. Her body language indicated relaxation; her artfully draped arm was inviting, and he was close enough that even if her answer was "yes" to his leaving, he would be able to subdue her. It wasn't what he wanted though. He vastly preferred willing beauty to unwilling.

He awaited her answer, eyes still upon her face with its delicately flushing cheeks, tightly wound but not betraying it, leaning on one arm while the other draped casually over one bent knee.
Dana 14 years ago
Did she want him to leave. Her body said no, but propriety said that a public beach, empty or not, was not the place for what she was craving at the moment. Something inside of her said screw propriety. She was no longer under the critical gaze of Lady Erin, nor did she have a "title and lands" to uphold. She was simply Dana.

What a freeing revelation.

"No, I do not want you to."

A smile curled her lips, and throwing caution to the wind, she reached up and took the hand resting on his leg, gave it a gentle tug, and to her surprise, he came.

This was not the kind of hunting she was accustomed to. Mostly she played the damsel in distress or would pounce on them from behind like a lion with a rabbit. Seduction was not part of her repertoire.

Now that she had him down here she didn't exactly know what to do with him. So she did the only thing she could think of and pressed her lips to his. Men liked being kissed by pretty girls, that much she did know.

((ooc: permission given for the moving =D ))
Amir 14 years ago
Amir went along easily when Dana pulled on him, melting fluidly down to lie alongside her. As she lifted her head he met her halfway, gently brushing his lips against hers. Sliding one arm behind her head to support them both at once he slowly, softly tasted her. She was very sweet; he lightly nipped at her bottom lip, teasing. He would have his meal but here was no reason she shouldn't enjoy it, too.

His free hand drifted down, cool fingertips brushing ever so lightly against her neck before trailing over her shoulder and down her arm. His lips followed, chasing her pulse to where it beat rhythmically under her fair skin. With a lover's careful tenderness he held her, one hand behind her head, the other on her arm at her waist, as he almost delicately pierced her tender flesh with his teeth.

It filled him with warmth, with satisfaction, and even amusement to realize they had, apparently, been hunting each other. There was a difference between human and vampire, and Amir couldn't possibly mistake the two. Nonetheless, he didn't pull away from Dana. The enjoyment was generally the same, at least during the fact. He didn't, however, drink deeply. To do so would have been rude, and while he was silghtly disappointed to lose out on what would have been an easy, enjoyable meal, he was also intrigued to meet another of his own kind. They weren't exactly grown on trees, after all.

A few moments passed before Amir released Dana, pulling away and gently suckling her neck to relieve her of any stray blood. He remained where he was, fixing his eyes to her wide ones, the smile that had not reached his eyes before now warming them with far more genuine feeling.

"So" he whispered, his voice very soft against the still night, "who exactly are your family outside of Ireland here in Nachton?"

((ooc: permission to bite and move given and received))
Dana 14 years ago
Dana sighed as Amir moved his tender lips across her skin. She felt at ease in his arms. It had been a while since she'd let anyone touch her like this, the last had been Gerald, so it didn't really count.

She was beginning to relax in his arms, when he bit her. The shock of such a thing had her frozen in place. Fear had her heart racing, even as the pulling at her throat had need rising up to war against it.

Then before she could do more than feel the first volley, it was over and Amir's eyes were on hers and he was speaking.

Dana gave herself the escape of looking away to gather her wits. She'd been bitten once in her entire life, and it had not caused such intense desire. If she were perfectly honest with herself, she'd never felt such intensity.

She needed to pull dignity from some where. This was not becoming of her person as a Lady and as a vampire. With a deep breath she returned her gaze to Amir's

"I am of the Anantya" Her voice was soft and breathy, nothing close to what she'd been going for. "I'm guessing your parents are not in New York."
Amir 14 years ago
Amir watched Dana's face even as she turned away. When she spoke, her voice betraying her although she appeared to not want her face to, he felt a surge of pleasure. Perhaps, had she been Evenhet or renegade, he'd have simply left her there. Had she been human, he'd have certainly finished his meal and gone on his way. But Anantya? Hardly. He approved that this pretty creature was of the proper Clan.

He sat up once more, gently releasing her but offering her his hand to help her sit up if she chose. His smile remained genuine, reaching his eyes. They crinkled slightly at the corners as she attempted to gather her pride.

"No, they're not. My creator Subira is in Africa; she works for our family there."

Pride suffused his voice. Above all things, Amir was proud of Subira, proud to be her creation, proud to be Anantya. Who had created Dana, he wondered? They surely had excellent taste, although she still seemed hesitant and somewhat shy.

Recognizing that, assuming she was, perhaps, embarrassed to have been the hunted instead of the hunter, he gave her a little bow from where he was still sitting upon the towels.

"It seems I've deprived you of a meal," he said. "And as you're hardly likely to find another ignorant young man wandering aimlessly on the beach at this hour, perhaps I can make it up to you somehow."

Humility wasn't exactly his forte, but Amir made the effort nonetheless. he had actually enjoyed Dana's company thus far, and knowing her Clan, there was no reason not to hope she would want to continue their association.
Dana 14 years ago
Dana obliged herself of Amir's hand, gently pulling up into a sitting position. Her arms wrapped around her knees. When he spoke of his maker, it was with great pride, and when he said our family, she felt all at once safe.

Make it up to her? She tilted her head to one side as her forehead creased. Perhaps Lady Erin should not have structured her world so much, here she was out of her element. She could listen to conversations with out being seen, enjoy the pleasures of the body provided her, and she could name all two hundred six bones in the human body, but she couldn't quite figure out how Amir would make up a lost meal to her.

"How would you do that?" A thought occurred to her, perhaps he would like to prolong their time together and was giving her the opportunity to make that choice. She very much wanted to spend more time in his company.
Amir 14 years ago
Amir considered Dana for a moment. Her question was valid, and while there were any number of ways he could help her find a meal if she wished, he didn't think she needed assistance. Nor would he be truly happy offering it. No healthy member of their society should require it. Really, he'd been thinking more of getting to know her better.

He lifted his shoulders.
"You tell me. What's equal in value to a stolen dinner?"

Amir did raise his dark brows at Dana, though. "Unless, perhaps you'd just like back what I stole from you?" His lips twitched up a bit wickedly. Knowing she was a fellow Anantya put her into a far different category than any mere human. After their somewhat mutually embarrassing discovery, he wasn't about to make a plaything of her, but she was pretty and soft, and if she really wanted to he wouldn't mind if she bit him. His smile broke into a grin once more.

"Go on. I'll still owe you."
Dana 14 years ago
Technically she'd not been hunting, it had not been her intention to find prey here on the beach. She wasn't above taking an opportunity handed her, and so had planned to feed on the young man that had joined her.

She'd wanted only to be alone after the horrible crush of the mall, and the whirl wind of shopping. She'd counted it a bonus to get a meal in the middle of that. However instead of a meal, she'd made the acquaintance of another of the clan.

Admittedly he'd taken from her with out permission, it was with in her right to have it returned. She studied his smiling face, he seemed sincere in his offer to return what he'd taken.

She returned his smile. She wasn't sure words were necessary here, nor which ones to use. Moving easily, she slid behind him, pressing her body to his back.

Her hand slid into his hair, and she placed a gentle kiss on the pulse in his neck. Tiny fangs pierced skin, and her mouth was filled with something lovely. His blood was like human, only more, she'd never mistake what slid down her throat as human.

Courtesy forced her to take only the amount he'd taken from her, greed had her licking softly at the small wound a bit longer than was necessary. When the excuse of making neat her handiwork no longer supported her actions, she laid her head on his shoulder, letting his upper body take her weight.

This was proving an interesting night of firsts for her, and she wondered where it would go next, and what she was to do now.