A lovely Moonlit Meal

She walked the few blocks to the gardens, paying close attention to her surroundings, and doing her best to avoid the ebb and flow of the busy streets. She was still struck at just how bright the city was, the little village near her home had two street lights, one over the pub parking lot and one over the grocery. Bright was never a problem.

It was with a sigh of relief that Dana stepped into the darker confines of the stunning garden, and removed her sunglasses. It was exactly what she'd hoped it would be. Strolling slowly, she watched the couples and groups that did the same. There were few individuals here, but that wasn't cause for concern just yet.

Before long she came to a pathway with tall silvery grass growing along the edges, making a sort of closed in private oasis. Perfect.

She turned down the path and walked until shadows over took the path and just the dim light of the moon above was the only light around. Stepping off the path she concentrated and became one with her surroundings. She knew it worked, because she felt different...darker, less visible, still.

With her presence hidden, Dana closed her eyes, thought down and out with her senses. It was amazing what one could hear when sight and smell and touch were no longer part of the equation. When the limit of that single sense was extended beyond the immediate area and the world was brought to the sensitive bones in the ear.

She heard two birds settling into their nest for the night with soft coos and rustles, something small with a rapid heartbeat moved through the grasses to her left, probably a mouse, an owl made its soft waking noises before large wings made the air rush in waves around perfectly formed feathers, and there a single heavy heartbeat. It was smooth, well tuned, healthy sounding, its beat a beacon in the night. She moved past it, and heard no others. Slowly she came back into herself, and stepped back onto the path.

After fifteen feet the path curved and tucked into the curve was a high backed wood-slat bench, and comfortably draped across it was a well proportioned young man reading what looked to be a trashy romance novel.

Dana suppressed a chuckle. Here was a young man that probably played a sport of some kind, rugby or lacrosse, or what was that American game...oh right football, reading something written for sex-starved housewives. It was perfect, and absurd, and she was starting to get really hungry.

A glance at the pathway found a loose rock; she kicked it, then tossed her body forward. A small exclamation of surprise left her, as she landed on her backside a bit harder than she'd intended.

"Oh my God, are you ok?"Â?

She sighed, she'd brought that question on herself. "I..I don't know."Â?

He was beside her, she could smell the mingling of the scents he'd used causing him to smell like a sharp forest with undertones of fruit. She looked up at him, his eyes were brown and full of concern. She let hers go soft as their gazes held. "Can you stand?"Â?

Dana shook her head. "I think I've twisted my ankle, it hurts terribly."Â?

It was lame and a lie, but he bought it. "Here,"Â? he placed an arm around her back below her shoulders, she accommodated him, by putting her arm around his neck, and his other arm beneath her legs. "May I?"Â?

How sweet. She nodded, and with the ease of an athlete he lifted her and took her to the bench. He bent to put her on the bench.

"Oh, please don't put me down."Â? her eyes were imploring and watery as she looked up at him. He smiled at her, turned his body and sat down with her in his lap.

"I'm sorry to be so familiar, I just couldn't bear to sit on the hard wood. She blushed prettily. "I landed rather hard on my bum."Â?

He grinned at her. "I don't mind. Hey you've got a great accent. Where are you from?"Â?

She returned his smile. "Ireland."Â?

"That's cool. I'm Brad by the way."Â?

"Hi, Brad. I'm Kelly."Â? It was rare for her to use her real name with a meal. If it was up to her, she'd never know the names of her meals, but humans had this odd need to tell you who they are. They lapsed into silence, and Dana snuggled closer to the young man. He shifted to better accommodate her movements, putting her face in the crook of his neck.

Wiggling again, she moved her face until her lips could press lightly against the life giving rush of blood along his neck.

"Kelly?"Â?

She made a soft noise, but didn't move. "Do you mind?"Â?

He shook his head. "No, not really."Â?

She smiled against his skin. Men were so easy. Look weak and frail, then offer your body to them and they will do anything you ask, even if you're a complete stranger. She kissed lightly again, licked softly at the length of his pulse. He pulled her closer, his hand moving further up her thigh to slip under the hem of her dress. When she didn't protest, he moved further.

As his hand reached the apex of her thighs, small sharp teeth slid into his skin. He made a noise, a mixture of surprise, pain and pleasure. Dana ignored him, as she drew the sweet tangy salty flow of his blood into her mouth. When she'd taken enough, she licked at the wound, sealing her intrusion into his body. His head was rested against the back of the bench, his breathing slow and even. He'd passed out in the middle of things. So much for the stamina of youth.

Chuckling she stood, wiped the small trickle of blood from his neck with a finger. He would wake up and probably think the whole thing had been a dream brought on by the book. She bent and placed the novel on his chest. Sucking on her finger she called her driver. It was time to go home.

((ooc all done, please lock up))