Penny for your thoughts

It had taking a bit of doing to figure out where Nikhila's rooms were. When he first arrived in Nachton Drew didn't think he was going to need to look her up for personal advice. OK so he still had a little tiny crush on her but he also knew it was never going to happen so that eliminated the other reason for visiting her rooms and since he didn't relish having a baby sitter that had taken away reason three. Right now though he was in need of help and guidance. It wasn't that he was trying to avoid the Alpha, he wasn't this was all going to come out sooner or later he was sure of it, but Nikhila he knew well enough he could talk to her.

The door was open, he knew it was, that was just how Nikhila was. He still, however, knocked and waited. When she opened the door Nikhila was sweaty and a bit of a mess, but her cloths were clean. It didn't take a rocket scientist to figure out she'd been running and not on two legs. He felt a little guilty about the timing here but plunged on.

"Hey gorgeous,"Â? at her withering look he amended, "Nikhila can we talk? I think need some help."Â?

She stepped aside and let him in. That was step one now if he could just explain the situation without looking like a total ass.

Nikhila 14 years ago
She liked to run and could do it for hours on end tonight she’d made a few unexpected discoveries off the trail and as a result had dust dirt and mud all over her and leaves in her hair. She’d tried to straighten up as best she could once shifting back to her human form but hadn’t been very successful. At least home wasn’t far away.

She’d only just closed the door when there was a knock, which was highly unexpected as was the appearance of Shiye. He’d not coming knocking on her door since his arrival here. Some how Nikhila didn’t think this was a social call.

Letting him in she pulled a twig from her hair.

“Is this a short talk or a long talk?”

The young man looked sheepish for a second.

“Its kind of a ‘women’ talk.” He said.

She nodded.

“A long talk then. Make some tea and make yourself comfortable. I’m going to clean up a bit and then we’ll work out what ever your problem is.”

He’d probably developed something of a crush on one of the women he worked with. And having known Shiye as long as she had Nikhila’s guess was he was trying to decide how much he liked her and if he could brooch the subject of wolves.
Drew 14 years ago
Drew obediently set out to make tea smelling the four or five varieties Nikhila had trying to determine the least offensive. He’d never developed a taste for jasmine, he wasn’t in a mint mood, two he couldn’t identify so he settled on the last one. It was red, the label said roobis, and it didn’t smell bad so that was the winner.

While waiting for the water to boil he wandered around the rooms. They seemed to suit her. The only thing that really caught his pre-occupied mind was a rug she’d hung on the wall. He recognized it as a gift from his mother and maternal grandmother, something they’d both woven. He touched it and suddenly remembered exactly how far he was from home and how bad he’d screwed up.

Just about then the teakettle whistled at him and he let himself get distracted by making the tea. As he was finishing that Nikhila, a much cleaner Nikhila, reappeared. He handed her a mug.

“So where exactly do you want to start with this? Because I think I’ve screwed up pretty good.”
Nikhila 14 years ago
Showered, cloths changed and hair de-twigged she came back to find Shiye had finished with the tea. She accepted the mug happily.

Nikhila didn’t own furniture, the rooms had come furnished but it was practical attractive and comfortable so she didn’t worry about it. The room had what she needed, including skylights to keep her from feeling too closterphobic.

Her visitor’s confession that he may have screwed up worried Nikhila, the young man was generally very level headed and practical. She absently directed him to a plush comfortable chair while she curled up on the sofa across from him.

“If its that bad perhaps you’d probably best start at the beginning.”
Drew 14 years ago
Drew scowled at his tea for a second. He was going to have to trust Nikhila on this one. She had always been very understanding and accepting he could only hope she would be now.

“Well I’d gone out a few nights ago, gotten a bit lost and I wandered into what turned out to be a pool hall. I ran into a girl and she asked me to play a few games. Well we both wound up very drunk and back at her place and…”

He gestured helplessly hoping that Nikhila wasn’t going to make him go into this in detail. He liked her but while he did have a crush on her, she was also something between a mother and a sister and this wasn’t something he wanted to go into explicit details with her.

“Yeah there was naked involved. Any way she was really decent about it, made me breakfast got me a cab back to the pool hall to get my truck. She seems like a good person. I’m just not sure what you do next in a situation like this.”

It wasn’t as if he’d taken advantage of Reign, they’d kind of taken advantage of each other. But it wasn’t in Drew’s nature to just take off, so what did you do next after a one night stand? Did you just let it go? Did he wait for her to call him? Did he ask her out? And then there was the more complicated fact that she was family. He was working up to that.

“I did do the dishes.”

He added a bit desperately hoping to seem less like a total screw up.
Nikhila 14 years ago
Nikhila thoughtfully sipped at her tea giving Drew all the time he needed to get his thoughts together. This wasn’t what she’d first thought, it was in fact a bit more complicated. It was also an area she had no experience in. One didn’t have one night stands if one had a mate, it just well it wasn’t right. Of course, it wasn’t quite right in this sense either.

“To be blunt Shiye I’m more than a little surprised at you. This doesn’t seem like you at all.”

She felt a certain responsibility toward this young man, a bit more than other Pack members perhaps as she knew his family. That is his tribe back in Arizona and they were good people and had raised a good son. He didn’t deserve to be condemned for one stumble but praise was certainly out.

At least he felt some responsibility for his actions and didn’t want to just let things go. Nor did it look like this was going to become a habit. She found herself feeling even more sorry for him and almost smiling and inclined to forgive him. Suddenly Nikhila shook her head as if to clear it.

“Shiye stop that.”

One of his particular gifts enabled Drew to look rather pathetic it often helped him get out of minor hot spots. This, however, wasn’t minor and she didn’t want to let it work.

“Well first things first, I’m assuming you at least got her name. Maybe a phone number? I don’t think it would be wrong for you see how she’s doing.”
Drew 14 years ago
He winced at Nikhila’s rebuke. Still it wasn’t anything more than he deserved and certainly not anything he hadn’t said to himself a dozen times or more since that night. Besides, she was right it wasn’t like him he had no idea what had gotten into him. And while he didn’t exactly regret what he did, he wasn’t proud of it either.

Without thinking about it, Drew had gone into pitiful wretch mode. He hadn’t meant to, part of it was habit. Some one was cross with him, he didn’t like it he went to shift blame or at least soften their opinion. He apologetically grinned at Nikhila but straightened up.

“Sorry.”

See this was why he liked her, she was very direct, level headed and straight forward. Nice simple questions that he could answer.

“Yeah I know her name, her first name any way I –think- I know her last name but we didn’t get that far and we didn’t exchange phone numbers but I know where she lives, if I can find my way back there.”

He took a deep breath and decided to just finish the though. It wasn’t going to get any easier to keep putting it off. OK he was going to put it off another second or two and took a huge gulp of still very hot tea.

“I think I knew where I can find her other than that. You see…”

Yeah this was getting harder and harder to say.

“Well she’s sort of an Illamar.”

Drew braced himself for what was to come. He was sure it wouldn’t be shouting, not from Nikhila but it was going to be just as bad.
Nikhila 14 years ago
Good, good he hadn’t been what she would call responsible about things but at least he hadn’t been totally irresponsible. She hoped very much that between their two intoxicated selves they’d been –somewhat- responsible.

She’d been about to suggest a few ways to find her phone number with the little information he had or that he go back and knock on her door to make sure she was all right when Drew dropped a bit of a bombshell. Nikhila just froze at the news.

An Illamar, really? What were the odds of two drunken Pack members running into each other out side of the Den and… engaging each other in such a manner. She almost did shout at Drew, but instead was silent for a long time, sipping at her tea trying to process what to do next.

“You’re sure she is an Illamar? I’m guessing from what you’ve said she doesn’t know you’re Amaroq. You are sure about her though?”

He’d best be very sure on this point. It would be difficult to explain if Drew made a mistake and went off half cocked and informed a total stranger about what he was.
Drew 14 years ago
Drew had been chewing a this lip off an on all night, even before reaching Nikhila’s door. When she didn’t immediately answer, he bit it so hard he thought for a second he’d drawn blood. After poking at it with his tongue, he decided he hadn’t and started chewing at the other side of his lower lip instead.

She’d been quite for what felt like ages and Drew was just about to speak up and say something, anything, apologize, something to break the silence when Nikhila finally did say something.

“Yeah, I’m sure; 99% any way. She had on a necklace the design was the same as the Illamar wear. And she wouldn’t talk about it either.”

He shook his head at Nikhila, ashamed of the fact that he hadn’t said anything at the time.

“No she doesn’t know about me. I mean ‘hi I’m a werewolf’ isn’t part of my every day introductions and really neither of us knew about the other until after… ok she still doesn’t know but what was I supposed to do tell her over pancakes?”

Gulping down the rest of his tea, he stalked to the kitchen to put the mug away and then came back to his chair. Any excuse to move right now was a good one.

“I know I’ve got to tell her. I can’t –not- tell her but some body is going to be pissed. Some one besides her probably.”

He was taking Reign’s anger as a given.
Nikhila 14 years ago
“No Shiye I don’t think you should have just dumped it on her. However, you do have a definite responsibility here and you can’t hide from it. The lady in question deserves, needs to know the truth.”

And some one was going to have to tell Xeph. It might be best if they got the details worked out between Drew and … Nikhila just realized Drew hadn’t given her a name. Given who Shiye was it was undoubtedly an attempt to protect the woman.

Going through the rules of the Pack in her head Nikhila decided neither had done anything to get themselves thrown out of the Pack. However, it needed to be sorted out as quickly as possible.

“Don’t you think she has a right to be angry? You couldn’t possibly have been relived to find out what she was. And now you have some responsibility as well. This isn’t some random woman you picked up in a bar, this is family.”

It came out more stern than she had meant it too. But she had high expectations of this young man and knew he had lofty goals for himself as well.

Smiling softly she gently lay a hand on his to stop his fingers from drumming.

“Shiye you made a mistake but I know you want to do the right thing.”
Drew 14 years ago
“You’re right. You’re always right. Have I ever told you I hate that?”

He relaxed some as she gently called attention to the fact that he’d been fidgeting nervously. Part of him had been expecting a scene or maybe just a lighten bolt to zap him and it was starting to sink it this wasn’t world ending after all they were both consenting adults.

“I’ll talk to her soon I promise.”

He was pretty sure she was going to be mad. Given her ferocity at the pool table and her… ummm… enthusiasm he had no problems imagining that Reign had a bit of a temper. But like Nikhila said, she had a right to be. He’d potentially screwed them both up. Well at least she’d said most of her family was in Chicago so he’d probably get a running start if an angry father came to town. Not that he –would- run it was just nice to have the option.
Nikhila 14 years ago
Nikhila smiled. It felt like something inside of Drew had made peace with the situation. That he was ready to take responsibility and do what he could, if anything, to make it right. She only hoped it was one of the more understanding Illamar.

It also felt like he had confided as much as he was willing and was probably almost ready to leave.

"Shiye, have you thought about her at all since that nigh? I mean have you thought you might have feelings, beyond the physical for her?"Â?

Given his tribe and how isolated they were that was something the young man would have to consider carefully. Someone from outside the Navajo community wouldn't be welcome with open arms. Nor would just any one be willing to embrace that life style.
Drew 14 years ago
Drew thought about the question for a second. He finally shrugged.

"You know I don't know."Â?

It wasn't like they'd spent a lot of time together. He did like her style though, at least after she stopped threatening to throw a book at him. How many other people would have settled into the situation that well and so hospitably?

The only thing for sure Drew knew right now was he felt a lot better. It was amazing what talking to someone and having a plan could do. Now if Reign didn't kill him it would all be fine. Probably.

"Thanks for the tea and the ear gorgeous."Â?

((OOC... Drew out))
Nikhila 14 years ago
Well at least he felt better. That was something.

As Drew left she continued thinking about the situation. Perhaps it wasn't that bad. At least it wouldn't be so long as he took some responsibility. It all depended on the lady.

With that though Nikhila blushed faintly and found herself laughing. It hadn't been -that- long since fresh out of the convent she'd basically thrown herself at a werewolf she barley knew and it hadn't worked out all that badly, especially if you ignored the whole running away from home situation. Maybe things would work out well here too.

Better not to tell him that story though.

((OOC... Nikhila out too))