So... yeah... ummm

Reign woke up but didn't open her eyes; in fact she just lay very -very- still. Ugh she'd had way too much to drink last night. Cautiously she opened one eye only to quickly shut it tightly again. Apparently she'd not shut the blinds last night and the room was bright. She should get up and close those and maybe go back to sleep.

Actually hang over wise her best plan was close the blinds, lots of water, a couple of aspirin and a little bit to eat, more water and then go back to sleep. OK she had a plan, now she just needed to act on it. Moving experimentally she almost just went back to sleep, but that damned bright light through the window chased her out of bed. Sitting up Reign noticed she was naked. This was highly unusual, she didn't often sleep naked. Whatever.

She absently slapped the sleeping lump next to her before standing to close the blinds.

"Come on mutt let's get moving."Â?

Closing the blinds she turned back to the bed, half looking for her PJs. The lump was moving but not in a Sirius kind of way. Her eyes bugged out and hang over or not she started shouting, which started Sirius, who was outside the bedroom door barking.

"Who are you, what the -hell- are you doing in my house and in my bed?! And dear god put your pants back on!"Â?

She could only assume if she was naked he was. How much had she had to drink last night. Reign desperately started trying to remember the evening. This sort of thing didn't happen to her. She led a nice ordinary boring life, other than having a vampire sponsor and a bunch of werewolf friends. This happened to other people not her.

Think, think think. Screw thinking. She grabbed a large heavy book to throw at the bastard if he made one false move and started planning how to dash for the door and let the mutt in.

Drew 14 years ago
Something smacked him and he heard a voice. Drew understood enough to know he was supposed to get up. So he started working on that, it was a bit of an effort too.

Funny, this didn’t smell like his rooms. Where ever he was it smelled good but not particularly familiar. Where the hell was he?

Whoa. Shouting naked lady and loud barking angry dog. That woke Drew the rest of the way up and memory started to surface. This was –not- his smoothest moment ever and apparently Reign was having issues too.

Seeing she was armed he held out his hands, trying to indicate he was no threat.

“Hey no need for violence there. Reign if you just calm down a second if you want I’ll get my cloths and get out of here. No questions asked.”

Fortunately she calmed down and with any luck remembered the previous evening. Either way Reign set the book down and apparently remembered her unclothed state because she grabbed the sheet off the bed with lightening speed forcing Drew to grab for the bedspread with equal swiftness. He grinned at her.

“Good morning to you too.”
Reign 14 years ago
Reign started tossing the sheet around her toga style as memory started flooding back. Holy crap. What had she done and dear god in heaven he looked younger in day light than he had in the bar. Shit she was going to be arrested, she just knew it.

Blushing scarlet Reign forced herself to make eye contact.

“Sorry about that. I… I don’t usually do the one night stand thing this is sort of uncharted territory for me.”

What the fuck did you do next? Emily Post certainly never wrote about this. He was a damned nice guy, at least if memory served, it didn’t seem right to toss him out on the street. Sheet secure around her Reign motioned to the closet.

“There’s a robe in there. We’ll toss your cloths in the dyer and I was going to make some breakfast.”

The robe had been Bas’. Why she hadn’t thrown it out or burned it Reign didn’t know but the kid could put it on for now.

Since she had calmed down Sirius was no longer in defensive mode and only thoroughly sniffed Drew when she opened the door.

“Come on mutt let’s get you fed. Then you,” she pointed to her house guest “can tell me you’re over eight-teen.”

She left the bedroom giving him a bit of privacy.
Drew 14 years ago
It made him feel better they were both sort of trying to figure this one out. He’d never –ever- done this sort of thing. It was hard not to notice she was cute when she blushed.

Drew absently gave the dog his hand to sniff as Reign excused herself. As she walked by him to the door he caught sight of the only thing, other than a bed sheet, Reign had on, a necklace and he got a sinking feeling in the pit of his stomach.

This was a huge city, he told himself. The odds of her and him and oh holy shit. OK. OK this wasn’t that bad it wasn’t like there were rules against this sort of thing, at least he didn’t think there were. It just wasn’t the first impression he would have wanted to make. Besides, he could still be wrong.

Grabbing the promised robe out of the closet, he started to look for his cloths. It had been a hell of a night because it took a while to find them and they were all over the place, so were hers. Cloths gathered he poked his head out looking for the kitchen, it wasn’t hard to find.

“Dryer?”

He asked hopefully to the open fridge door, apparently Reign was looking for breakfast. She gave directions he tossed the cloths in and started it up before settling himself at the kitchen table. Having just graduated he couldn’t help but notice it was cluttered with the makings or remnants of a paper.

“So what are you studying?”
Reign 14 years ago
“Do you like pancakes?”

Well like them or not that’s what was for breakfast, but Reign didn’t say that. They were Bisquick pancakes but that had always been good enough for her.

This just felt awkward. Maybe she should have kicked him out. But when he asked about her dissertation she felt more at ease, it was a lot like being at the pool table.

“Just graduated actually, that’s the remnants of my dissertation I haven’t had the heart to clean it up yet I’ve been working on it so long.”

She proceeded to give him an abbreviated run down on its finer points while she was mixing up the batter and heating the griddle.
Drew 14 years ago
“Pancakes rock.”

Hell, anything sounded great at this point. Truthfully, he would have preferred meat, any kind of meat preferably uncooked. But you didn’t argue the menu with the… er… OK he didn’t know exactly what his relationship to Reign was at this point. Still she was offering to cook and he wasn’t going to get picky considering … well considering everything.

Great another egghead. Not that there was anything wrong with that but some how he now felt pressured to start looking at applying for his PhD. Internship first.

“Congrats. Sounds interesting.”

It did too, not his cup of tea but to each his own.

His attention turned to the dog, who was laying at Reign’s feet watching him. He looked a bit like he didn’t fully trust Drew. While he didn’t have any special bond with dogs, not like some of his pack, he did understand canine body language as well as any one who spent half their life as a wolf.

“What’s the big guy’s name? He doesn’t look like he’s about to let you out of his sight.”
Reign 14 years ago
Reign started flipping pancakes on to a plate and set it on the table.

"Butter is in the fridge, syrup over there and silverware there."Â?

She pointed.

Sirius raised his head to watch Drew move about the kitchen and Reign nudged him with her heel to make him chill out. She didn't want the dog all paranoid on her.

"Sirius. And before you ask, he's named for the original. Orion's dog, the one Diana accidentally killed. Not anything to do with witches and wizards."Â?

It was a sore point with Reign. Too many people didn't know the classics and didn't know JK had stolen the name from mythology. They seemed to think she was the copycat and that irritated her, a lot.

"He's a little edgy with strangers in the house. We had a break in a few months ago. Then my ex and some guy wound up in a fight outside. We've had a bit of a wild time here in Nachton."Â?

Not going to mention her ex and some guy, aka the Doc, were both wolves at the time which probably only confused the mutt further. Overall, though he was handling it well and had calmed down considerably.
Drew 14 years ago
“Exciting is one word for it. And you’re still living alone out here?

Part of him wondered why anyone would leave them selves so vulnerable after experiences like that. Especially if she was part of the pack.

Drew scurried around the kitchen where she pointed, making sure to grab utensils for his host. He was finding he liked her a great deal, without the benefit of alcohol even. She obviously had a bond with her dog, had an excellent sense of hospitality and an odd grace under pressure. How many other people would cook breakfast for a… whatever he was.

He knew the basics of Greek and Roman mythology, enough to appreciate what she said and grin wryly at her while adding smart and proud to reasons to like her.

Without being asked, she had set down coffee and OJ for the both of them and settled down at the table with him. Drew decided the time was about as right as it was going to get to ask, but maybe he’d start out with softer hints.

“That’s a nice necklace. A silver wolf?”

Granted he could have said dog, given her big companion dog would have been a more logical guess for most people. But he wasn’t most people.
Reign 14 years ago
Reign just shrugged.

“My family is in Chicago, well most of its in the Chicago area. Besides I’m a big girl I can take care of myself.”

His tone hadn’t been presumptuous or accusatory so Reign gave him a nice polite answer without going on about things. She’d probably would have done better to give Bastian more of the benefit of the doubt when he asked questions like that. Not that it mattered any more.

Before she could think about it Reign fingered her necklace when he mentioned it. She had gotten into the habit of simply always having it on as she never knew for certain if she was going to stop by the den or not, although she did wear it discreetly, always under her shirt. As it had been the only thing she’d had on this morning, it wasn’t unusual that he’d notice it. But it seemed odd that he’d mention it.

“White gold actually. But yes a wolf. It’s kind of special to me.”

And she clammed up. Nope no more details for you lover boy. Ok not the best choice of phrase. Reign turned her attention to the pancakes and mentally tried to will Drew to do the same.

“What about you, you don’t seem the sort that’s grown up here. What’s your story?”
Drew 14 years ago
Drew couldn’t help it, he laughed when she said it was white gold. The raised eyebrow that Reign gave him at that laugh made him grin. It was odd that’d corrected him about the metal, but then he supposed it was odd that he’d specified silver. Drew waved away the laugh and she let it slide. But because she’d corrected him he was even more certain Reign was part of the pack. It didn’t seem sporting to spring it on her though.

“A gift?”

He ventured. Drew really didn’t know how to proceed. He didn’t want to spring it on her but he didn’t want to leave her in the dark but he didn’t want to screw up and say too much when he wasn’t 100% sure.

The pancakes were OK but he was half tempted to ask for some raw bacon. That would really hit the spot.

“Nope, middle of no where Arizona other wise known as Bitter Springs. Grew up on the res just finished my Masters and have an internship here with Meridian. Fortunately I’ve got some family sort of outside of town other wise I’d be lost here.”

Literally in Drew’s case. Which reminded him, where the hell was he and how was he going to get –back- to the den?
Reign 14 years ago
“Sort of.”

Damned she’d never met a –guy- this interested in her jewelry before. Very odd. And why did he have to be interested in this bit of jewelry? Most people noticed she had her wedding ring, well the ring Vince had given her, on the wrong hand before they said anything about the necklace. Regardless she was doing her best to shut the topic down.

“Meridian, really? I know some folks who work over there. But then I suppose it’s a big company her and that’s hardly surprising. What department are you interning with?”

Reign polished off the last of her pancakes and started toying with her coffee. The dryer would be done soon, if it wasn’t already. She should probably give Drew a ride home too or at least call him a cab. Neither of them had been sober enough to drive last night.
Drew 14 years ago
Yup she was part of the pack there just was no getting around that. Given the necklace she must be an Illamar rather than a wolf. Who ever had brought her in had chosen damned well. At least in his opinion. After all Reign wasn’t giving any ground on the necklace at all and was even trying to end the topic.

Even certain that Reign was part of the pack Drew just couldn’t bring himself to say anything. He should, he really should but what if he was wrong. He wasn’t. But what if he was? Drew couldn’t gamble on something like this. Since he couldn’t share, he stopped pushing.

“With an archeology degree they hide me down in the archives. It’s not a bad gig lots of go’fering and paperwork. It’s surprising how much you learn though.”

Without being asked, he started to clear the dishes and wash up. He was amused that the dog stood up and followed him around. Apparently he’d past some kind of test, he absently rubbed the big dog’s head.

“So who do you know over there?”
Reign 14 years ago
Reign just sat back and let him wash up. That was pretty damned considerate of him she decided. It was also amusing that Sirius seemed to have finally decided he liked their visitor.

“I wouldn’t have picked you as an archeologist type.”

He struck her as a much more active go get ‘em type. She wouldn’t have been surprised to hear he played a sport of some kind. It didn’t matter. Not really, or maybe it did. Who knew.

“Let’s see Aishe works in security and Pakpao works in IT or something equally geeky.”

She deliberately left out Kem. If she remembered right Kem was also in the archives and she thought he was something of a ‘to do’ and she didn’t want to deal introductions or what ever. Although from Drew’s demeanor, he didn’t seem like the time to press to make ‘connections’

“I’m going to take a quick shower and get dressed. Your clothes should be done and there’s a guest bath over that way I think there are towels out. He won’t give you any trouble unless you try and hurt me.”

Reign tossed the last bit at him in a teasing manner. The mutt had warmed up to him and that was good. It had taken a while before he’d cut Bas any slack.
Drew 14 years ago
Sure, he didn’t know any one but Drew had studied the Meridian ‘who’s who’ and thought he recognized the name Pakpao but he wasn’t sure. They obviously do anything connected with the Archives so he wasn’t worried about it and would probably forget it in thirty seconds or less.

He let Reign wander off to shower. He couldn’t blame her, it had to be a little awkward wearing a bed sheet toga but she’d done it with grace, you had to admire that. Finishing up the dishes, he knelt down to play with the dog. It was easy to quickly grow fond of Sirius. He responded well to the game and Drew’s odd translation of canine to human body language. Finally, sitting on the floor, he looked at the dog.

“I wish you could tell me more about her. She’s kind of interesting and I’m sure she’s keeping something from me. Of course that’s to be expected after all I’m a stray she accidentally brought home not a confidant.”

With one finally pat for the mutt, as Reign seemed to call him, he got his clothes out the drier and went to find his own shower.

Sirius settled himself about half way between the two apparently content to keep an eye on both.

((OOC... both out))